Freida Pinto Covers 'Nylon' April 2012

Freida Pinto Covers 'Nylon' April 2012

Freida Pinto pairs a Chanel jacket with an Alternative Apparel sweatshirt on the cover of Nylon magazine’s April Anniversary issue, on newsstands Tuesday (March 27).

Here’s what the 27-year-old Trishna actress had to share:

On her kinship to Indian people: “It’s funny, as much as we’re international and all of that, as soon as I see an Indian person put his hand out, or a picture out, for my autograph, my heart automatically goes, ‘Yes!’ I remember at the Golden Gloves, because I was presenting at the top of the show, I was being rushed in, and this girl called out and I just happened to turn around and she happened to be an Indian girl, and I told my publicist: ‘Listen, I just have to go say hello.’”

On boyfriend Dev Patel: “Dev has always been an amazing actor, and I feel people have not tapped into a quarter of what he’s capable of- not even a tenth of it. Being at home with him, I know how dramatic he can be and I know his range of emotions are, like, massive.”

For more from Freida, visit NylonMag.com!

Bigger cover pic inside…

frieda pinto nylon 01

Photos: Hilary Walsh
Posted to: Freida Pinto, Magazine

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Indian people also are not supposed to be living together before marriage.

Love me boy @ 03/22/2012 at 11:06 am

Wow, she looks beautiful.

Love me boy @ 03/22/2012 at 11:08 am

There’s not enough Indian people representing in Hollywood (I’m still waiting for my time to shine :p) so YAYY for her<3

She is humble and beautiful.

LOVE her, but not sure why she is posed to resemble Gollum…

personoffaithpersonofscience @ 03/22/2012 at 3:20 pm

love her.

They’ll break up once she gains more popularity and Dev drops off the face of the Earth. Has he done anything else since Slum Dog?

her face is perfect, she’s such an exotic beauty, love her

She is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen! Wow is all I can say,

Pretty Ka @ 03/22/2012 at 9:17 pm

That comment about Dev is sooo sweet! She’s in love :)

Love her,amazing woman.

Rina Fraser @ 03/25/2012 at 4:01 pm

Freida is overrated in both looks and talent. Sorry but there are better looking indian girls then her. I don’t think she will have much of a career in Hollywood. All of her movies post-slumdog shows she is talentless. Going on numerous covers isn’t going to help her get more roles. How she is going to compete with actresses like Scarlett Johansson and Emma Stone? She lacks acting skills.

grapes devine @ 03/25/2012 at 4:13 pm

@Love me boy: Kal Penn,Kunal Nayyr,Parminder Nagra,Archie Panjabi,Mindy Kaling, and the late Freddie Mercury from british band Queen. Also dirctor M.Night Shaymalan. Some of those indians are more famous then Freida in Hollywood. Also Aishwarya Rai is known to the Hollywood community as well. More of them know about Aish Rai then Freida.

Manya Singh @ 03/29/2012 at 6:00 pm

She looks so ordinary. I was on IMDB and wow cannot belive all the gorgeous comments! She looks like crap compared to half of the indian actresses and the hollywood one too. Don’t get all the latina comments either. She looks typical indian, not latina. Must be one person behind all those comments on IMDB,you know the one person who brings up those comments like”only south indians hate freida due to her dark skin” lol…who is this one person? I find them on JJ sometimes here too. Weird.

Sharon Gosomi @ 03/30/2012 at 6:00 pm

@Sean: Well Freida is only getting 5 mintue roles in movies. It’s not like she is being given the same oppertunities like what Julia Roberts or Keria Knightly get. Not to mention she is extreamly untalented,which will not furthr her career anymore. People have already lost intrest in her,as for Dev he acted in that Airbender movie, so nuff said.