Chloe Moretz: 'Carrie' Lead Role Offered!

Chloe Moretz: 'Carrie' Lead Role Offered!

Chloe Moretz has been offered the lead role in an upcoming big screen reboot of Carrie!

The 15-year-old actress, pictured here at JFK airport on Tuesday (March 27), expressed her excitement on Twitter.

“Never been so happy in my life! Thank you Kim [Peirce] and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!” Chloe tweeted, adding, “[My brother Trevor] and I are flipping out!!!”

On Monday night, Chloe hit the red carpet at the Metropolitan Opera House in NYC for the premiere of Jules Massenet‘s Manon.

chloe moretz argyle airport 01
chloe moretz argyle airport 02
chloe moretz argyle airport 03
chloe moretz argyle airport 04

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

She’s going to be big… and she deserves it.

To me, she kind of has a creepy weird face, so suits the role. What a pointy little weird chin she has, odd shaped,

GREAT ANOTHER REMAKE! , not hating at all but, seriously Hollywood where is originality!? Just Saying.
BTW good for Chloe! :)

She gets prettier everytime I see her pictures. And she is definitely going to be huge, so much talent!

Hollywood REALLY has no more original ideas!!! I love Chloe but COME ON!! It seems we’re ever only gonna get reboots or remakes from studios. All the truly great movies will be idies!

Hollywood REALLY has no more original ideas!!! I love Chloe but COME ON!! It seems we’re ever only gonna get reboots or remakes from studios. All the truly great movies will be indies!

Why do we need another Carrie? The first one was iconic enough.

And seriously I would love to see this girl do more comedies (like 500 Days of Summer)…otherwise I think she is going to be typecast as the “dark, edgy” girl and only do movies in the horror genre or where she’s some butt-kicker.

i can’t believe she’s only 15 and has worked with so many famous people and has taken on such large roles.. speechless at what she has accomplished so young!

don’t do it! you can do better than this crap Chloe!!

How about we stop making remake (especially of a movie that had had some done already) and focus on new ideas ??? Just a thought.
Doesn’t mean I don’t love Chloé ! but please come on ! It’s like they don’t even try anymore !

She is cute, but she looks old to be 15 y.o.

justsayin @ 03/27/2012 at 4:39 pm

There’s no way they can outdo the original. That one was way too iconic and scary. Try coming up with something actually original Hollywood!

Ana Karenina @ 03/27/2012 at 4:47 pm

incredible actress

ClearPerspective @ 03/27/2012 at 5:30 pm

Uh-oh, get ready for pig’s blood in Carrie. *sloosh-sloosh-sloosh!*

I Love Carrie, i don’t think that a remake is a very good idea, the first will always be the best, but i hope it be good! But i’m happy for her, she’s talented and so young, really inspiring!

She’s such a pretty girl, but why does she have to look like a 20 something year old woman?

an adult mind in a body of teen is how i saw Chloe Moretz

giuseppe sallo @ 03/27/2012 at 6:32 pm

Too young IMHO. Deborah Ann Woll would have been my choice. Plus, there really is no need for another CARRIE. If Chloe does partake in this, she’ll be apart of two remakes, one which flopped, “Let Me In”.

@giuseppe sallo:

“Let Me In” may have done little at the box office due to lack of advertizing, but both the film and Chloe were mostly lauded by critics. And in reality she’s been a part of three remakes since she was in “The Amityville Horror” as a youngster.

She’s a good actress but all wrong! for this! And they shouldn’t be remaking Carrie.

@carrie: An adult is capable of thinking and not aking racist comments.

cardinal sin @ 03/27/2012 at 9:22 pm

@paul:

Hey paul, are you one of these brainless morons defaming this kid on this internet? Why don’t you do something more constructive like play in traffic?

❤Date Tall Singles Here❤ @ 03/27/2012 at 9:26 pm

—-> check the club on my Name to join tall party if you are Over 5’9”

ANOTHER movie remake?! I believe this is the second remake of Carrie. Just stick with the best, the original movie and make an intelligent, brand new movie instead of all these endless remakes.

Jennica Panettiere @ 03/27/2012 at 10:57 pm

Ugh I cant believe they are remaking CARRIE! UGH. JUST UGH! You should never touch a classic. Who greenlights this?

@paul who made racist comments?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All