Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Tom Cruise: Singing In New 'Rock of Ages' Trailer!

Tom Cruise: Singing In New 'Rock of Ages' Trailer!

Check out Tom Cruise singing in the newly released trailer for his upcoming film, Rock of Ages!

Synopsis: Set in 1987 Los Angeles, Drew and Sherrie are two young people chasing their dreams in the big city. When they meet, it’s love at first sight, though their romance will face a series of challenges.

Rock of Ages, directed by Adam Shankman, also stars Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Paul Giamatti, Mary J. Blige and Russell Brand.

The movie is set to be released June 15.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Rock of Ages?

John Parra/Getty

Anorexicjolie @ 04/02/2012 at 10:24 pm

Momma mIa knock off:/

looks like fun…Cruise always great

same old musical sh*t by some stupid bad actors

Tom Cruise is a fifty year old man trying to act like a young rock star. Let’s face it, he’s miscast. The trailer looks like formulated stuff we’ve all seen before. It’s an awful movie version of the famous Rock Of Ages broadway play.

AmberWaves @ 04/02/2012 at 10:37 pm

Anybody who takes this seriously is nuts! It isn’t meant to be serious. It’s a musical COMEDY.
It looks like ridiculous fun. I didn’t care about it but now I’ve seen the trailer, I’m looking forward to it. Alec Baldwin looked ridiculous. I like that.

Regina George @ 04/02/2012 at 10:47 pm

@Dave From Canada:
Have you even seen the play? He is suppossed to play an OLDER Rock LEGEND. The only reason people hate him is because of scientology, not because of his ‘lack of talent’ or personality. He is pretty funny and one of the most Iconic actors (and Im very judgemental about actorsand dont throw those words around). All religion is crazy from the outside.

@Dave From Canada:

I am not a Cruise fan, but he IS playing an older, legendary rock star. It would have been stupid to cast someone young in the role. Personally I think the entire trailer looks lame. The play was great, but this trailer is not up to par!

Looks silly not funny.

Love The Shoes @ 04/02/2012 at 11:56 pm

I don’t care for TC as a person (never met him so it is an odd thing to say really) but I always like his movies and I will see this one. I have a feeling its going to be good.

Love The Shoes @ 04/03/2012 at 12:00 am

Ok, I looked at the trailer and now I can’t wait to see it. I think it’s gonna be a blast.

Every time I think Cruise can’t possibly be any bigger of a joke he proves me wrong.

When are we going to see Tom and Katie hanging out together she is in New Orleans …Julianne Hough has not been seen since she did this
Movie! Not with Ryan what happened to her? Is one wild woman in this
Movie! So a 50 year old man is playing a aging star (Tom Cruise) ..
Wow. From action to singing and his wife has not been seen with him
Since he started filming wow what does that tell you?

Daisy Tanabe-Holder @ 04/03/2012 at 12:30 am

Eww two Adam apples! Major wrinkles on the neck!

This looks like it is going to be a blast. Love the casting. Amazing.

bad broadway musical. Why was this made into a movie.

punkin pie @ 04/03/2012 at 1:05 am

Diego Boneta is a greasy mexican and should never have been cast as Drew! ick.

OMG. This looks so bad. LMFAO!
Sad for all those true rock fans out there.

Fun music and great cast, so I may give this a chance despite the fact that it looks horrible.

Looks great!
I love TC

I will see any movie with T.C. the guy is the one of the greatest actors ever,,Haven’t seen one bad movie yet..

thanks for the free publicity JJ lol been waiting for a fun movie

@ellie’:

same here girl. this one is a treat, had always wanted to see him in a musical and now it’s happening :)

@ healthy
Katie is in New O with Suri , grandma and grandpa H, are there too. and she was there before she went to NY, there were pics of them shopping in a supermarket, and in a cafe, but not pap pics, looked like pics were taken from a mobile phone.
So what does that tell you?

tells us no one cares about this no-talent woman!

and there is another pic of them from the other night, where they were out together.

#24
one way or another you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t be commenting.

Anorexicjolie @ 04/02/2012 at 10:24 pm

you obviously didn’t see Rock of Ages on Broadway.

@ellie’:

You poor dear. Your idea of acting is pretty warped if you think Tom Cruise is a great actor.

What’s up with that neck? It looks like a CSI corpse.

TOM CRUISE makes me sick. If TAYLOR SWIFT is teaming up with TOM, doesn’t she think she is being used to get to Nicole, her friend. I don’t think Nicole could care less though, she has what she wants and you cannot do any better than KEITH URBAN.

@Marj: Are you drunk?

“TAYLOR SWIFT is teaming up with TOM”??????????????????

Some people don’t understand that this isn’t a realistic movie about the rock and the bands of the 80′s.This is a musical, this is for fun, as well as Hairspray. by what was shown in the trailer.

By the way, Tom Cruise is great when he step out of his comfort zone

Cruise looks like a total ass and he can’t sing. I saw the play which was excellent, but I won’t see the movie because of Tom Cruise. He’s a horrible human being and I’m not giving one red cent to anything he does. This has nothing to do with his acting, which I think is just OK. It has to do with who he associates himself with and who he donates millions of dollars to. He supports a dangerous criminal organization and some even say he’s second in command. How can anyone participate in that! All his fans should read up about his cult and how involved he is and the horrible things he has done and approved of. It will change the way you look at him forever.

Also, I think his neck looks wrinkled because he hasn’t had it lifted yet. He’s had his face done. I guess the neck is next.

Not too obsessed, are you?? haha. Katie looks like crap and she is hardly ever with Tom. Her clothing line is a joke and is always on the clearance rack at Barneys NY. That’s a fact. She’s with him for the money, honey. Katie is a no talent bimbo who wanted to be famous and now she is, for all the wrong reasons. She shamarried a freak, sold her womb to the highest bidder and in return, got a few parts in bad movies and a clothing line nobody buys.

I’m going to skip this movie and listen to my 80″s records instead.

Agree totally. The MailOnline has some pics of her in NOLA feeding the guess and another set on the street w/ her mother/father etc. My God her fashion sense is absolutely horrible. She looks like sh-t. In the Geese pics she is wearing a denim shirt with beige scalloped shorts and those open toed booties. Her legs are white and thick–the shorts are not at all flattering. In the pics w/her mom/dad/Suri she is wearing some awful orange shirt with an awful flowered mini jump suit or something…and of course the awful booties. Ohmigod. Why anyone would buy anything from her fashion line is beyond me. Horrible horrible style.

Sorry meant feeding the geese.

anistonisaloser @ 04/03/2012 at 11:48 am

Looks good!! Can’t wait to see Cruise in a movie other than being Ethan Hunt.

Tom Cruise’s personal life is crazy ( the couch, Scientology, the way Suri is beinjg raised,…) but i don’t care…. His long career is admirable, hit after hit, iconic characters and speeches that are part of movie history .He made his career with a certain type of character, that’s true, but he is more amazing when he plays these unexpected ones

jc hughes @ 04/03/2012 at 2:52 pm

Any man that gets so excited about his woman that he can jump on a couch is my kind of guy. Tom C is a breath of fresh air compared to to those that criticize him. This will be a wonderful fun movie that kill the critics, ha, ha.

dick head @ 04/03/2012 at 3:52 pm

Looks like a pathetic waste of time and money. The money it cost to make this bomb should have been donated to a worthy cause.

Tom Cruise a rock star? Lmao….this is the worst case of casting ever…although he appears to be trying to act the part..it just goes to show he’s not a good actor….a good actor can convince the audience that he IS a rock star.

Razzie nomination 2013!!!!!

And Julianne Hough needs to go back to DWTS. The only way she got this role and the Footloose role is because she dates Ryan S.

exited? about as excited as to go to a root canal without meds!
heck NO! he’s too old & talentless to do this.
FLOP

Seriously? This is a clear case of age-denial by a star who’s too high-powered for anyone to dare hand him a reality-check. Cruise is only bankable in thrillers where the special effects and gadgets can hide his fair to middling acting chops. Unless there’s SERIOUS CGI in this movie’s budget, this movie is just going to look pathetic.

Selfenchanted @ 04/03/2012 at 5:05 pm

@Anorexicjolie: More like Showgirls. It sure as shootin’ ain’t Moulin Rouge! LOL

Why doesn’t he hang it up ???? He is just a creep !!!!!!

@Regina George:

No, I hate him because he’s a jerk and a stinky actor. THEN because of the Scientology.

Too bad…looks like fun, but I refuse to watch ANYTHING with Tom Cruise in it.

Tom Cruise turned me off when he started acting crazy, however, I’ve like most of his movies. Dispite most people’s opinion of him, I don’t think you can deny he’s got talent as an actor.

Cha Cha Girl @ 04/03/2012 at 9:31 pm

One thing the world does NOT need, another bad and painfully stupid Tom Cruise performance!

pr person @ 04/03/2012 at 9:34 pm

Nope.. could care less about this movie. Especially since it has Crazy Cruise in it.

I found myself staring at the screen, wincing, brow wrinkled and my mouth hanging open. It was cringe-worthy. I find it hard to believe this movie will be a hit. Ugh! Tom Cruise has no right singing Bon Jovi’s Dead or Alive. I hear only one other person sing Dead or Alive and that was Daughtry and he did it justice. Tom was all hype and no musicality. Flop!

Miss Cruise is trying to sing this will be a total disaster from start to end with This AssHo_e in it, if you wanted to waste money throw some my way.

Geez you stinking haters get a life, get off your obese asses and get some exercises outdoors instead of spreading hate all over the internet behind your screens! I am going to watch this movie – it’s looks fab!

maybe Holmes/Yang is going down the tube, but their trench coats are all sold out in Paris, and read 2 very flattering articles about their 2012 collection, just don’t think they cater exclusively for celebs, like say VB does.
you do get the impression certain sections of the media, want it desperately to fail, just like some of you do, but somehow I don’t see it happening. the thing you people don’t get about Mrs Cruise, and that is ,she is a very private person, who doesn’t go about advertising herself, she’s never been a look at me type, she’s a private person caught up in a very public enviroment, contrary to what some of you think. a poser she has never ever been, and probably never will be.
and Rock of Ages is going to rock the boxoffice!

al shot da horse @ 04/08/2012 at 4:33 am

I think that he wanted to compete with Keith Urban… lol… he even got the tattoo on his left chest… may be he wanted to show Nicole, “I can do it, too, I can be a hot singer, too…” his voice was o.k but lack of character… way far from KU’s….

Tom Cruise is gonna ROCK again.!!!!!!

@54

Scientology auditing has removed your sense of irony.

so hot! I thought he was 42!

He should have taken some lessons from the Hot Keith Urban, he is a REAL country rock star.

Candy Barr @ 05/14/2012 at 3:01 am

@Dave From Canada: He is playing a legend in rock-n-roll . . . His age is fine. We certainly have all seen legends in rock-n-roll playing these days, i.e. Ozzy, the Rolling Stones, KISS, etc.