Nicole Kidman: Grace Kelly in New Biopic!

Nicole Kidman: Grace Kelly in New Biopic!

Nicole Kidman is in negotiations to take on one of the most coveted roles of the season: Grace Kelly in Olivier Dahan‘s Grace of Monaco, according to Variety.

Written by Arash Amel, the 44-year-old Aussie actress’ starring role apparently attracted the attention of numerous top Hollywood actresses. The film is reportedly already getting awards buzz with industry professionals.

Here’s a synopsis: Set between December 1961 and November 1962, [the] story finds the Rear Window star as a former Oscar winner and mother of two who had already spent six years as the consort of Monaco’s Prince Rainier III at a time of crisis.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Nicole Kidman play Grace Kelly in the new biopic Grace of Monaco?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » Show All

You have to pick a legend to play a legend.

Grace deserves better @ 04/06/2012 at 7:09 am

She doesn’t deserve a flop with Nicole. She can’t act. Charlize would have been a far better pick. I agree with others – you don’t put a woman (who turned her face to stone) in her mid 40′s in a role about a woman in her early 30′s. Bad casting.

Kidman Kelly @ 04/06/2012 at 8:13 am

The fact that I can’t tell whether the picture on the right is Grace or Nicole, seems she could pull it off.

Nicole said recently that she doesn’t want to act anymore, and that she has to be dragged out of home (not her exact words, but that is the gist of it) … so I am wondering why she is not choosing one or the other: stay at home mom, or career at full throttle (as it seems currently), especially given that she in any case is out and about a lot; charity work, presenting awards, supporting hubby at his award shows, red carpets, receiving honours etc etc.

Seems she can’t make up her mind. This is why many people are in two minds about her.

@Kidman Kelly:

She didn’t say she didn’t want to act any more–the exact quote is–

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that the Oscar-winning star recently said: “It takes a lot now for me to want to act.”

“I have a one-year-old and a three-year-old. It takes a lot to drag me out of home.”

Gwyneth Paltrow would be the best choice, same bone structure. I am excited about this movie though. The only movie made about Grace Kelly so far was that lame one with Cheryl Ladd. Cheryl Ladd? Really? Grace had such an interesting life that should be portrayed in a feature film.

@tsquared:

Well, it doesn’t seem to take much to drag her out of home to act.
How many films does she have coming out currently; and how many has she signed up to do? Mixed signals, I can see that.

@Barry:

Here is your answer from a previous poster:

“Paperboy, Stoker, Before I go to sleep, Railway man and on and on and on and on…..bwahahaha!”

Ten years ago it would work. Today she is just to old.

Just because Charlize Theron is younger than nicole,does not mean,she is the right person!!When nicole was theron’s age,nicole is more grace,beautiful,elegant that Theron!!!!!

do not jealous nicole,because she can act in her 40s,she have beautiful and warm family!!!when Theron is 44 years old,i can’t image she will be look like!!!

Nicole is the right choice!!!

Great I hope she gets the role if she wants it.

@fangpi:

Actually, I think Theron will age quite well. She should still look good in her 40′s. Let’s support women ageing; life is tough for women getting older; especially when beautiful women in their 40′s are considered old and past it. Stick together, women!

Maybe they are just hyping their movie .

Ugonna Wosu @ 04/06/2012 at 10:18 am

@fangpi

More beautiful, graceful, elegant than Theron? Not on planet earth she isn’t. Theron is one of the most naturally elegant women in Hollywood, and her beauty is hard to touch!

As for aging, the woman is nearing her 30s, and sometimes in some photos looks as young as she did at 21. But even more beautiful! She will age VERY well.

While Nicole wouldn’t have been my first pick, I wish her luck and am sure she will do a decent acting job.

@Louise: Kelly was one of the BIGGEST sl*ts in Hollywood. She slept with everything that moved.

go with charlize @ 04/06/2012 at 10:20 am

Look at the side-by-side pictures of Kidman, Kelly and Theron at the top of the page. Theron is a better fit. First of all, Kelly’s lips weren’t deformed from procedures.

pretty nicole @ 04/06/2012 at 10:30 am

She will be perfect for the role.

Whether you’re a fan of Nicole’s or not, if you want to be truthful, you know she doesn’t look anywhere near 44. Back in the 50′s and early 60′s, most actresses even nearing 40 were washed up. Grace, having married the Prince became very much a matron. There would be no problem with Nicole playing the role from that aspect. As far as her being too tall, even though Grace wasn’t anywhere near Nicole’s height, she towered over Prince Ranier. Grace was accused of being ‘cold’, and certainly Nicole has had to face those accusations also. I think it’s a perfect match. I remember a movie Nicole made a few years back about living with children who couldn’t be subjected to the light, and thinking how much she reminded me of Grace. BTW, I wouldn’t call Grace a sl*t, but she did have a pretty busy life before she finally settled down. The list of gentlemen pretty well covered the Hollywood A-list.

Ugonna Wosu @ 04/06/2012 at 10:53 am

@liz

Nicole looks good enough, she glows…but she looks 44! Sorry, but true. Just because you can name people who aged less gracefully does not mean she looks any younger than she does. Good luck to her though.

HI EXCUSe ME PEOPLE ! :D im new on instagram and i Want to gain followers but i dont have tons of pics yet . pleaaaaaase follow me . It is : Manu_blayao thaaaaaank yooooouuuuu !

My choice would be Charlize Theron, but Kidman is a great actress and I’m sure she’ll do a great job.

She is perfect for this role. I can’t wait to see her like Grace Kelly

Whatever. It doesn’t look like a movie I’d want to see anyway. But, NK has two small children. I guess nanny is in for some overtime.

Good Deal! She better do it now while she can. Once the kids get bigger, it gets harder and harder
Their activities take up a lot of time. So right now is perfect timing.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » Show All