Freida Pinto's 'Trishna' Theatrical Trailer - Watch Now!

Freida Pinto's 'Trishna' Theatrical Trailer - Watch Now!

Check out Freida Pinto in the trailer for Trishna, a drama based on Thomas Hardy‘s classic novel “Tess of the D’Ubervilles.”

Synopsis: Trishna lives with her family in a village in Rajasthan, India’s largest state. As the eldest daughter, she works in a nearby resort to help pay the bills. Jay (Riz Ahmed) is the wealthy son of a property developer. When he takes up managing a resort at his father’s request, he meets Trishna at a dance and their fates cross. Jay finds every opportunity to win Trishna’s affection and she accepts his efforts with shy curiosity. But when the two move to Mumbai and become a couple, Jay’s deep family bond threatens the young lovers’ bliss.

The film, set to be released July 13, “is a powerful look at the tension between ancient privilege and modern equality, between codes of urban and rural life and ultimately a hymn to both the glory and the tragedy that comes with beauty in all forms.”

‘Trishna’ Theatrical Trailer

Posted to: Freida Pinto, Video

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

cant wait to see !! she looks damn natural gorgeous!!!

wow….thats hot!!!! im definitely gonna see this!!

zayn malik @ 04/06/2012 at 7:06 pm

i love this girl…..but 1D rules!!!

she should be friend with Katy perry and Rihanna!!! they’ll be amazing together!!!

Gossipgirl @ 04/06/2012 at 7:14 pm

I am looking forward to seeing this; I hope it gets general release in the US.

Freida is gorgeous and i have a huge crush on Riz Ahmed, he was great in Four Lions and Road to Guantanamo; can’t wait

jajulicious @ 04/06/2012 at 7:54 pm

I love that shot of her in red against the blue sky. She looks so breathtakingly beautiful.

This one looks good. I can’t wait!

hmmm…..some movies are worth more than a million bucks!! she looks amazing!

She was in The Immortals. I’ve seen Tess Of The D’Ubervilles but I’m not sure if North American audiences will be able to accept or identify with this new version based on it. It takes place over in India where the culture is SO much different than ours. I have a feeling that it’s not going to be a big hit (and the title doesn’t really help either.)

Sonya Gusviek @ 04/08/2012 at 2:41 pm

freida is so average looking and a terrible actress. I saw her in Rise of the Apes and she was terrible. One of the worst actresses I have ever seen and I am not even brown.

Gauri Khan @ 04/08/2012 at 5:33 pm

So sick of this untalented woman who acts in movies for 5 minutes and gets famous. She is less then average looking,google any of the bollywood actresses they outshine her in both talent and looks.

Laiser Gobi @ 04/12/2012 at 10:47 am

What this big deal of this woman? She is plain looking and cannot act. Her attempt at a british accent is hilarious and she looks like any indian maid you find in India. No wonder she got casted for the part.

Payal Shogna @ 04/12/2012 at 5:58 pm

trust me,my maid looks better then her@Laiser Gobi:

ariyana karen @ 06/22/2012 at 8:00 am

I have seen this movie.Why freida even trying to be an actress is beyond me.She is just awful in acting.Modeling is her thing