Anne Hathaway Debuts Super Short Hair for 'Les Miserables'

Anne Hathaway Debuts Super Short Hair for 'Les Miserables'

Anne Hathaway tries to hide her new super short hair as she leaves The Box nightclub early Sunday morning (April 8) in London, England.

The 29-year-old actress was joined by her fiance Adam Shulman and a gal pal.

Anne‘s new hairdo is most likely for her role as Fantine in the movie musical Les Miserables. The character is a struggling factory worker who is forced to prostitution to provide for her illegitimate child and ends up selling her hair for money.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Anne Hathaway’s new short ‘do?

anne hathaway super short hair les miserables 01

• Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

LindsayLohanFan @ 04/08/2012 at 12:06 am

Whoa!

shastalove @ 04/08/2012 at 12:10 am

Laughter Adam is looking at her like she’s a freak. Perhaps he’s a little low on Dust

All for art’s sake! We hope to see a memorable Fantine!

Bravo, Anne Hathaway!

WORK IT GIRL. you look good

It doesn’t look bad!
She doesn’t seem to like it very much, though.

There is no way, no way in hell I would cut my hair for a movie role. Anne looks unstable with short hair. Not a cute look for her.

She looks beautiful. Her face shape suits a lot of different hairstyles. She seems SUPER uncomfortable with it though. Sort of like Vanessa Hudgens was when she cut her hair to play the homeless woman in that movie. I think it’s adorable, so hopefully she gets used to it.

She is gorgeous but seems very uncomfortable with her shorter due. I don’t think I could ever cut my hair short like that wonder for millions lol??????

I don’t think she’s trying to hide her short hair. Probably she’s still getting used to it and when she saw the paps, she put her hand on head. If she wanted to hide, she could had used a hat or something else. I think it requires lots of courage to do that. I can’t imagine me with short hair like that.

Topher Grace’s twin

I can’t believe she cut her gorgeous brunette hair for a movie role, why not use a wig? Oh well, it will grow back.

The Short hair emphasizes her masculine face.

She looks kinda like Liza Minnelli with this hair-do. Maybe she could play her in a biopic one day.

Anne had such a beautiful head of hair – now all you see is her head(she seems self-conscious) Was this really worth it for a movie role?!

Who is he?

Oh wow, she’s brave. It looks alright, though. She’s definitely getting an Oscar nom for this.

Aww, it would look so much better if she was more confident about it. You can tell she doesn’t like it, so that makes it look even worse.

Nelson Muntz @ 04/08/2012 at 1:23 am

Haw haw!

She looks super uncomfortable with it, but it actually looks surprisingly fabulous.

She wore a wig when she made that movie no one saw last year. I don’t know why she didn’t for this. That is one ululating cut and it will take a long time for it the grow back. Won’t look good if she gets married ths year!

You’re still not gonna win that Oscar, Anne. Les Mis will flop if they don’t change the release date… The same date as The Hobbit? Flop.

bahha black sheep @ 04/08/2012 at 1:51 am

kiss me

She looks beautiful ,but her husband is ugly.Go Anne,win an Oscar,i love you.

THAT’S WHAT WE CALL THE REAL ACTRESS!

now she looks more stylish, its definitely better. give me a thumbs up !

She has the features to pull off the short hair, it actually looks good, probably feels uncomfortable since she’s never had hair this short but rock it and own it Anne, it looks good!

i just hope Anne does a better job in Les Miz than she did hosting the Oscars.

She looks good !

I love Anne,i love her hair,i hope she make a good role in les mizerables.

Still beautiful whatever hair she wears. :”>

Anne is very talented and naturally a beautiful woman. I admire her for cutting her hair I am sure that wasn’t an easy decision but she did it for the art. I see her fiance lurking in the background. He sure does give me the creeps. Anne could do so much better. I think Anne and Alexander Skarsgard would make an awesome couple!

The cut is cute.. her acting all uncomfortable is silly. She has had short hair before.

She reminds me of Winona Ryder when she had short hair!

Gossipgirl @ 04/08/2012 at 10:03 am

She looks younger and adorable! Wear it with pride!

@Mel:
Like all the teenage fanboys would go see “Les Miserables” anyway? LOL! I’ll be with the adults seeing Les Miz, thanks. The ‘Hobbit’ theater will be reeking of BO from the midnight showings anyway.

While this haircut is obviously not the best look for her, I give her major kudos for actually chopping her hair instead of wearing a wig. Most Hollywood actress are far too vain to actually have the guts to cut their hair for a role and always go the awful wig route.

Why all the hysteria? Her hair will grow back for goodness sake.

Looks like a lesbian, she could have used a wig,

it’s funny how she and her boyfriend wear the same size jeans.

Love The Shoes @ 04/08/2012 at 1:05 pm

I think it looks cute and I don’t normally think she’s cute.

It’s hideous and she knows it. She keeps rubbing her head. Will she sell her teeth like Fantine did, too?

She did it for love too

You can see here how pretty Emma Watson is, because that same haircut looked great on Emma, but on Anne.. not so much!

Black-Dahlia @ 04/08/2012 at 6:14 pm

She actually looks fine and it all shows how beautiful her face really is.

I don´t like the short haircut on her. Unfortunately she misses the delicate features that makes it so suitable for Emma Watson. She looks masculin, besides you can see her scalp. Always thought she had very thick hair.

I’m sorry to say it, but she looks AWFUL. Cutting such beautiful hair wasn’t really worth for one movie role. She looks masculine and ten years older than her age… I don’t understand it because there are lots of great wigs. It will take her at least 2 years to grow it back to a shoulder length bob.

Whatthehickey @ 04/08/2012 at 10:23 pm

Americans are so obsessed with long hair as if you won’t look sexy with short hair. Individuality and owning your own looks without regard to what advertisers/marketers thinks you should look is more attractive.

She has a bold spot in that part of the head!!!

She reminded me of Winona Ryder at one point, I thought it was her
except winona seemed more comfortable w/her hair so she kinda looked better,cuz of the confidence

She is so ugly…….

super cute :) almost makes me want to do the same, but i’m finally trying to grow mine out!

I don’t think Americans are obsessed with long hair. Most young women (also in Europe) prefer long hair, because it makes them look younger and makes them feel more confident. The most important thing that doesn’t encourage women to cut their hair short is fact that it takes many years to grow it back. However, there are many young girls and middle aged women who can pull off short hair. It depends on a particular face shape. Personally, I think Anne can’t pull of super short hair, because she has a square jaw and her face is quite long (I think women with long-square faces look masculine with pixie haircuts). However, actresses like Anne can afford hair extensions. :)

@Whatthehickey: I don’t think Americans are obsessed with long hair. Most young women (also in Europe) prefer long hair, because it makes them look younger and makes them feel more confident. The most important thing that doesn’t encourage women to cut their hair short is fact that it takes many years to grow back. However, there are many young girls and middle aged women who can pull off short hair. It depends on a particular face shape. Personally, I think Anne can’t pull of super short hair, because she has a square jaw and her face is quite long (I think women with long-square faces look masculine with pixie haircuts). However, actresses like Anne can afford hair extensions. :)

At least Anne just cut her hair off; Natalie Portman goes/went bald when she did Vendetta…

looks like a young liza minnelli, beautiful

Ohhh. It’s like killing me if cut off my hair this way. She looks awesome though. She suits the hairstyle very well. Still sexyyyy. Go for an Oscar Annie! Love you.