Miley Cyrus: Not Anorexic, Just Gluten-Free!

Miley Cyrus: Not Anorexic, Just Gluten-Free!

Miley Cyrus decided to put all the anorexic rumors to rest via her Twitter account on Monday (April 9).

“For everyone calling me anorexic I have a gluten and lactose allergy,” tweeted the 19-year-old-entertainer. “It’s not about weight it’s about health. Gluten is crapppp anyway!”

Miley also encouraged all of her followers to go gluten-free for a week.

“Everyone should try no gluten for a week!” Miley added. “The change in your skin, physical and mental health is amazing! U won’t go back!”

She even tweeted her 12-year-old sister Noah: “U saw how much I ate today at Easter lunch but all of it was healthy and even more fulfilling! Health is happiness!”

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

She does workout out as well

she is wrong . You should not go gluten free unless you have celiac or you have the gluten free allergy. It is mis information to tell people to go gluten free unless you have to. Gluten is a protein.

I agree with @Maggie. Gluten is actually really good for you. It’s funny how she was all about being curvy and having a “real woman’s body” and now she’s going against it. I wonder what happened. She should of promoted being healthy from the get-go.

I do prefer her with a little bit more meat on her bones, but she still looks gorgeous! And if she says she’s fine, then there’s no reason for us not to believe her. Miley is by far my favorite of the Disney bunch. She actually has talent at what she does. While Demi Lovato is milking her eating disorder for all that it’s worth and Selena is out being Bieber’s girlfriend who can’t sing a lick, Miley’s actually got a solid career ahead of her. She’s grown up beautifully, and actually has a personality.

@maggie:

actually you are wrong. going gluten free won’t hurt you.

lactose allergy? yeah right…. what about all those frappuccinos from starbucks and coffee beans that she’s been drinking then?

She was totally raped by the pap doing the crotch shot of hers. If you have seen the vid in motion, you see that she was faster than a ray of light and no ***** was seen !!!

@XOXO: You can have a food allergy and not even know it. Lots of people are allergic to dairy but don’t even know it because it does not tend to have the stereotypical bodily reactions. Same with gluten. I am 23 , and I just found out a month ago I was allergic to both. As soon as I dropped them from my diet, I rapidly lost weight like her as well. But I am now the healthiest I have ever been.

@XOXO: Actually, you CAN suddenly develop an allergy to anything- whether it’s food, bee stings, cats, or something else. It happens all the time. You can also be allergic to something as a child but no longer be allergic to it as a teen or an adult. It works both ways. My mom used to be mildly allergic to chocolate as a child, but built up an immunity to it. If a person stops eating food with lactose and gluten in it, they will lose weight.

Phil Esteen @ 04/10/2012 at 5:11 pm

Evidently she is gluten free and panty free since March 1, 2012.

Wow, what an accomplishment!

Gossipgirl @ 04/10/2012 at 5:14 pm

@Phil Esteen: This, exactly!

She has the most beautiful poon ever – I will also stop gluten (after I found out what that actually is !!!)

A DifferentMaggie @ 04/10/2012 at 5:18 pm

What ever she’s doing free, she looks great. Probably just better choices.

@XOXO: You do know that more or less all coffee shops offer their beverages with lactose free milk?
And anyway, I don’t think she looks too thin or unhealthy, I’ve actually been thinking that she’s never looked better! She works out and she apparently lost some weight in a healthy and normal way. No wonder so many people have eating disorders, you can never satisfy them all – there’s ALWAYS someone out there thinking you’re too thin or too chubby or too whatever. It’s gross!!!

Gluten is a wheat enzyme- and i have a gluten allergy and a lactose allergy as well and ever since i stopped eating those i feel AMAZING. i encourage everyone to go gluten free too, it will NOT hurt you!!!

What the F is gluten free? So sick of these stupid fad diets. Exercise and watch calories.. that’s all you need to do. Miley is totally lying too. As if she could give up alcohol and all her starbucks drinks

celiac mom @ 04/10/2012 at 5:36 pm

There’s nothing technically “wrong” with gluten but it’s not a protein. It’s also in almost everything from ketchup to condensed soups. It can be in candy coatings, milk shakes, even some lunch meats have fillers. Gluten is also in rye and barley products, it’s in soy sauce and malt candy. Gluten can be hard to break down and digest and because it’s hidden in so many things now-a-days, people are developing a sensitivity to it. It can make you tired, give you headaches and stomach aches and give you a feeling of overall poor health. Gluten has also been linked to autism. There is nothing wrong with removing gluten from your diet. In fact, many people find themselves, like Miley, looking and feeling better.

Do Your Research @ 04/10/2012 at 5:46 pm

@maggie & MARY H —

Where are you getting your information? Gluten is poison! It is and NEVER will be good for you. Do some research before you start spouting off your nonsense…

The highest amounts of gluten are found in JUNK food…so, if it’s so good for you, do you consider donuts good for you too?

And, celiac disease is a very serious auto-immune illness that damages the lining of the digestive tract.
Gluten can also cause flare-ups in people with rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, lupus, and other auto-immune diseases.
Like I said, it is NOT good for you.

Gluten is not poison and is part of a balanced diet for people who do not have celiac disease. Maybe think twice about getting your information from celebrities with no education or the internet. Try a few medical journals instead of the tabloids.

Do Your Research @ 04/10/2012 at 6:11 pm

@Kylie —
I am a healthcare professional. I know exactly what I’m talking about. It is not part of a balanced diet. Go off of it for a little while, and you will understand. But, thanks for assuming I’m an idiot.
I have more education than most, and I do not get any of my information from celebrities. The ONLY reason I even read this article is because it should up on my igoogle feed, and I saw the “gluten free” headline. I am by no means a fan of Miley Cyrus or fad diets.

Do Your Research @ 04/10/2012 at 6:14 pm

@Kylie:

@Kylie —
I have more education than most, and I do not get any of my information from celebrities. The ONLY reason I even read this article is because it showed up on my igoogle feed, and I saw the “gluten free” headline. I am by no means a fan of Miley Cyrus or fad diets.

I drink 3 litres of beer a week.

First haters were saying she’s gotten too fat and now they’re saying she’s anorexic. You can never be too much of anything in Hollywood. I actually feel bad, I couldn’t imagine having to live my life with that amount of criticism; constantly. I don’t much care for her as an actress or singer but she is human and needs a break too.

@Dieter:
it wasn’t her poon you saw it was just a camel toe in her nude thong

great to see so many self proclaimed physicians and nutritionists. go read a book or 2.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All