Gerard Butler Thinks Coffee

Gerard Butler Thinks Coffee

Gerard Butler grabs lunch with a guy friend downtown on Wednesday afternoon (April 11) in New York City.

Yesterday afternoon, the 42-year-old Scottish actor was just trying to enjoy a hot beverage when he was mobbed by fans at Think Coffee on Bleecker and Bowery. He later stopped by the John Varvatos boutique next door.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

On Monday, Gerry attended the screening and after-party for Darling Companion held at the Tribeca Grand Hotel.

FYI: Gerard is wearing a Rogue shirt.

gerard butler think coffee 01
gerard butler think coffee 02
gerard butler think coffee 03
gerard butler think coffee 04
gerard butler think coffee 05

Valerie Macon/Getty

Just a couple of queens having coffee. Nothing special here, folks.

The friend is Freddy Bosche.
I am amazed at both of them wearing almost the same thing – scarves, long wool jackets, hats, similar pants and shoes. GB’s friends like to copy his style as if they all belong to him or are in his group/gang. It’s quite amusing.

Maybe he’s the one copying Freddie’s style? Freddie is the New Yorker!

mr. blackwell @ 04/11/2012 at 5:59 pm

How do you know it is not the other way around?

You are making an assumption that it is not the other way around.

The mini fedora on Frederick is a more dashing look. Mr. Blackwell believes baseball caps should be worn on the baseball field or alright in the crowd at a baseball game if one must. Gerard really could take some advice from Frederick about the proper fitting of jeans. Though I give a 10 for the choice of wash and over all cut, very slimming. The pea coat is a timeless classic every man should have in his wardrobe. The scarf adds panache.

malibumillie @ 04/11/2012 at 6:00 pm

Is it that cold in NYC?

malibumillie @ 04/11/2012 at 6:17 pm

interesting is that cameramen behind Gerry in this photo, hard to stalk someone with a tripod

great photo though

Since he is the leader of the group, it stands to reason that he sets the tone and the style of his friends. Part of the reason his buddies are friends with him is his celebrity, so they would be following him not the other way around. Maybe you should look into how other species behave when there is a dominate male around. Clearly, GB is the dominate one in the group because of his status. Also, did you ever look at him walking in a group of friends? He is always walking up front, not behind his friends. No doubt, he sets the tone.
If he ever gets a serious GF, no doubt his buddies will too. And, his GF will walk in front of the other women in the group. She will be the dominate female in the gang.
Maybe your need to disparage GB and make him look like a loser is coloring your judgement.

He’s with a buddy similarly dressed out and about in the brisk air of springtime but I need to say he looks SO more acclimated in NYC!! Is it just me projection onto him? I don’t think so.
He looks very well. His eyes clear and sharp. No unhappiness in the way of expressions while allowing his photo to be taken.
His clothing has taken on a new significance. Hard to describe. How about? He’s caring. He has circled back to caring! I’m so touched he looks so well. Now, the catch is not to get too excited or he’ll split! (laughs)
~K
who wished they’d switched hats liking Gerry in fedoras so much… and yes it is that chilly on the east coast

@Reviews: You think he’ll walk in front of his girlfriend too? You know, that whole alpha dominant male thing?

Feel he’s like rediscovering NYC!! I do.

mr. blackwell @ 04/11/2012 at 6:36 pm

@Reviews: Unless you are privy to the company of these men you have no clue as to who the dominant male is – you might be very surprised. Most of his friends are better dressed in fact for the most part if I must be blunt.

I just love Gerry . Lovely as usual . He looks Happy . Thanks JJ for posting !

charlotte @ 04/11/2012 at 7:15 pm

What the h-ll happened to him? Wow the years have not been good. Seriously, what the h-ll happened??????

Whatshedonenow @ 04/11/2012 at 7:23 pm

Gosh they do look quite the pair – literally – don’t they.  They look very Soho, very very Soho –  that overpriced tramp look. Very… umm …for want of a better word ” metrosexual”.

Most of the men who live in Soho are gay and walk around looking very smug surly pleased with themselves, with embarrassingly small dogs.  I am so impressed when I see a guy with a pit bull or Rottweiler or German Shepard in that area.   The guys are real pouncy in Soho. Is that
Freddy Bosche gay?

memory lane @ 04/11/2012 at 7:27 pm

A couple of years ago, Gerry and Ronnie showed up at the Victoria Secret show in NYC wearing identical velvet blazers…. and I mean identical. It was weird, too, because these things were nasty. They looked like something Hugh Hefner would wear.
Not long after, there was an article about Gerry showing up at a NYC shop with a male friend and buying matching pea coats for himself and his friend.
This thing with Gerry and his male friends dressing the same has been going on for awhile. I find it kind of weird. Women do this when they’re young, but I don’t know any adult men who do it…. and certainly not middle-aged men.

yep looking health and way to sexy just how i like my gerry and look he brought a handsome friend to mmmmmmmmmmmmm (drooling)!!!!!

@Whatshedonenow:

“Is that Freddy Bosche gay?”
Yes, yes and YES.

sockinthecloset @ 04/11/2012 at 7:44 pm

@memory lane: Hmmm…very interesting. What’s your theory?

@Penname:
“You think he’ll walk in front of his girlfriend too?”
No of course not; that’s not how a gentleman behaves. His woman walks up front, or he holding her hand. In fact, I don’t know any alpha male that wants his woman walking behind him. They usually like her in front so he can protect her, or simply enjoy watching her feminine way of walking. That’s where the phrase “ladies first” comes from.
Also, if there are women in the group, and women like to stick together sometimes – yapping and laughing – I can see the dominate female upfront and more vocal and setting the tone from the rest.
If you ever paid attention, in every group, even in a group of friends, there is always a more dominant member. Sometimes it’s based on personality, sometimes on looks, sometimes on status, sometimes on plain size – the bigger the guy the more in charge he is perceived to be. Other people look up to/hold in higher regard this person they perceive to be better, or in higher status, than they are. For example, that’s why taller men do much better in life than shorter ones.
This all happens rather subconsciously. It’s not a behavior that tends to be verbalized or consciously decided. It all happens behind the scenes, in the recesses of the mind.

@mr. blackwell:
“Your assertion sounds like a teenager who needs to prop up the object of her affection, rather silly. What is next, your Gerard will bring world peace to the Middle East too? Cure cancer? Invent time travel? I hope when he was visiting John Varvatos he picked up a few pieces.”
Please shut up; you’re making a fool of yourself. I guess you know nothing about social anthropology. I can’t listen to any more nonsense.
You don’t know that which you say is true either. At least my conclusions are based on reality. They are not based on taking Gerry down a few pegs.

memory lane @ 04/11/2012 at 8:14 pm

@sockinthecloset:
I think this whole group of “men” reek of immature, superficial, and “try-hard”.
It takes away from Gerard’s masculinity, I think. This whole thing with him skipping out dressed just like his poser club friends doesn’t scream “man’s man” to me. A real man exudes independence and an interest in actions over appearance. This says the opposite.

@kelly:
Yes, Freddy is very handsome.
@Whatshedonenow:
I don’t think Freddy Bosche is gay. And, I don’t think they look metrosexual except for the scarf each is wearing. I think they look rather ragged and rugged.

BTW, I have no problems criticizing Gerry when it’s warranted, so I am not a teenager fan in love with her idol. Far from it.
It’s just that I don’t feel he should be criticized for the way he dresses. This man is not gay or metro sexual so fashion is not his #1 passion. As GFW says, he is not a woman, he is a man, so why not judge him like one?
Truth is, most straight men don’t care much for fashion. Maybe if he had a GF or wife, he’d be dressed a bit more fashionably. And…if you paid attention, all his buddies, almost always, dress like him or along the same line as him. Obviously it’s a gang or group thing they plan together for some unknown reason.
This reminds me of the famous solute pose that GB likes to have other people take in photographs with him. He clearly is the one setting the tone there. I have seen that pose in pictures of him with Ronnie Madra, FryGuy, Freddy, and the good doctor, as well as other friends and fans he encounters. There is another picture in which he and other friends – Ariel, Danny Fefer, as well Freddy, and FryGuy – are sitting on a beach all wearing white shirts, jeans, and flip flops, having a stern look on their face as if they are members in a gang. Therefore, this is intentional, not a coincidence.

@memory lane:
“This thing with Gerry and his male friends dressing the same has been going on for awhile.”
Very true. And the matching coats he and Ronnie wore to the VSFS 2 years ago is another example of that.
“I find it kind of weird. Women do this when they’re young, but I don’t know any adult men who do it…. and certainly not middle-aged men.”
They probably think of themselves as some kind of a “Frat Pack”. I don’t think it’s some psychological issues they have, or an indication they are all gay. Anyway, I think it’s pretty much established that he is not gay. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and the rest of their gang did the same thing back in their day. Rob Lowe, Charlie Sheen, and the rest of their gang had the same thing going back in their day. And don’t forget the “Entourage”, that show is all about that. Gerry and his buddies are somewhat reminiscent of all of them.

memory lane @ 04/11/2012 at 8:52 pm

@Reviews:
I don’t think Gerard is gay. I just think he’s immature and not very secure in himself. A lot of things about his lifestyle make me think this is the case, not just the matching outfits.

@memory lane:
Yes I agree; he is immature. What do you think the “Frat Pack” is all about? It’s about bratty guys with no responsibilities. That’s him and his buddies, and when they get together, they pull all kinds of stunts and activities like cirque night, while many times dressed alike

And that’s hardly the actions of mature men. But who cares? They are not hurting anyone. Eventually they will have to grow up. Even Rob Low got married and had a son. Eventually I think Gerry will. But it remains to be seen.

This was just posted on WO. It’s Freddy Bosche’s resume.
He is definitely good looking.

@sockinthecloset: Really? How do you know Freddie’s gay? What a careless comment to make! Shame on you.

sockinthecloset @ 04/11/2012 at 9:20 pm

@legends: I didn’t say that Reviews. Check the posts before you start throwing your accusations around.

SaltySandy @ 04/11/2012 at 9:28 pm

If Gerard is gay – then what were all his current girls going on about?? Lying?? Um, no. Gays want him gay but he is FAR FROM IT.

En serio Gerard perdió todo su encanto desde que dejo de salir con Jennifer.

@legends: It was me that said Freddy was gay, in response to another poster asking if he was…
Note, I never said I knew this for a fact. BUT, it’s my strong opinion that he is. NUMEROUS posters on JJ have claimed him to be gay in the past (did you get upset with them? No.) and he pings my gaydar in the loudest possible way.
Many of my friends (and a couple family members!) are gay….so I’d say I’m pretty good judge….
But who really cares? I think it’s great that Gerry’s friends with so many different types of people!

justsayin'too @ 04/11/2012 at 10:20 pm

They do make a cute couple.

Of course he’s gay! I know a few gay men and a lot of straight guys and typically they don’t hang out together. Most single straight guys hang out with each other and chase women. Gerbil never leaves with anyone except his gay pals or solo. I believe he makes paid appearances at clubs and hotel bars and pretends to be the macho man on the make but he’s closeted. Freddy is gay, FryGuy is gay, so is Luketic the director whom Gerbil hangs out with a lot. Gerbil was discovered by a gay director and has as his best friend his gay manager. I’m not down on him cuz he’s gay but it’s sad that he has to keep this part of himself hidden. Him and Freddy are even mirroring each other in their cute lil outfits. Maybe they dressed each other with their stylish scarves and tie each other up later when the mood for raunchy manlove hits. Make the sex tapes, Gerbsie, I’ll watch~~~~~

Can'tGetEnough @ 04/11/2012 at 10:46 pm

A couple of tweets and GB sightings from this afternoon and this evening:

Krystal ‏ @Passion_Krys 7 hours ago
Laughing at how I saw Gerard Butler & no one attacked him I felt like grabbing something & screaming THIS IS SPARTA !!
Ryan Swann ‏ @SwannStylee 6 hours ago
Just ran Into Gerard butler #nyc
AtriumNYC ‏ @AtriumNYC 3 hours ago
Another good day at @AtriumNYC – Just had our favorite hottie, Gerard Butler stop in.
Emma Zander ‏ @shmemma200 2 hours ago
Practicing lines at Think Coffee and who sits next to me but Gerard Butler. Wanna run this scene with me? (:
Another photo of GB and Freddy:

Well said memory lane.

Whatshedonenow @ 04/11/2012 at 11:15 pm

Toronto @ Reviews

From the pictures that Freddy looks very comfortable with his sexuality. Unlike GB. Ummm.

@Clamsie:
I don’t think Freddy is gay.
Alan is gay, but Gerry doesn’t hang out with him that often. He goes with him mainly to premiers of the movies they both produced together, and to HW award shows, because Alan is his manager, his business partner, and part of the industry. So he needs Alan to socialize and make deals, just like he is going to do during the course of the event.
@Toronto:
But regardless, “clamsie” is right. Usually, straight men don’t like hanging out with gay men, especially they don’t travel with them on a bike cross country. So that’s another indication for me he is not gay. Besides, how could you tell a man is gay from a picture when that man is not the effeminate type? Just curious how you can make such a determination.

Postwatcher @ 04/11/2012 at 11:37 pm

They look like a pair of homo hobos…. Only They are missing the bandana sack on a stick

Whatshedonenow @ 04/11/2012 at 11:44 pm

Those guys look proper “used” and overindulged to the point of utter  jaded  complacency.

They’ve done way too much “poking”. And shows on their faces,  like a couple of veteran impossible to impress  hookers. After a certain age sometimes you can tell when a person has been with way too many people for their own good. There’s something a bit dull and crepey about the skin and something slight deadened in the eyes.  No amount of money and surgery can hide it.

Postwatcher @ 04/11/2012 at 11:59 pm

So why the thumbs down? Are you saying they don’t look like gay hobos? Because they do. Matching scarves??? Actually even the gay guys I know would not be caught dead wearing matching scarves. Only teenage girls go out wearing the same accessories…..really weird. Gerry looks sick and fat…oh and like a Homo hobo! Hahahaha you losers can’t handle the truth!

Hoboisthenewblack @ 04/12/2012 at 12:05 am

Careful, whatshedonenow, you’ll get the psycho fangirl and her socks even more worked up than she already is saying stuff like that, lol. No reality allowed.

Hoboisthenewblack @ 04/12/2012 at 12:20 am

Same goes for you, Postwatcher. All the thumbs you are getting will be from the obsessed fangirl hitting “refresh” over and over. (Or fanwoman, I should say. I’m sure it’s someone middle-aged. Gerry doesn’t have any young fans. Did you know they are laughed at on other sites and referred to as Gerry-Atrics?)

Totally agree and LMAO, btw.

You all are so strange. So what if they are dressed similar? What’s it to you all? They are artists while you all are boring regular middle class cattle.

ugh the original @ 04/12/2012 at 12:33 am

@Whatshedonenow: ITAWY, its in their eyes, all used up like a 2 dollar w/hore.

@ GFW – OFF TOPIC

I have seen Hunger Games and you were so right about it… :-)

ON TOPIC, now… GB looks good.

Everyone have a nice day!

Em

Postwatcher @ 04/12/2012 at 12:33 am

Thanks Hoboisthenewblack .

Middle class cattle? Indeed we are the hoi polloi and we have good gaydar!

Hoboisthenewblack @ 04/12/2012 at 12:48 am

@Postwatcher: Mooo. You know what’s hysterical about the thumbs? The obsessed stalker fan spends all her time trying to get anything negative to become “invisible”, but those posts that are removed because of “low ratings” are the ones everyone wants to read, and it just brings more attention to them, ROFL.

Whatshedonenow @ 04/12/2012 at 1:05 am

I bet they spent thousands on those matching outfits. They could got the same look at the local street market and it would definately look better. Soho guys are too naff for words. They just try way too hard and it always looks really pounce.

standing :0 @ 04/12/2012 at 1:16 am

Well I for one am glad that its not just women in their forties trying to pose as twenty year olds, men do it too! ROTFLMAO.

ugh the original @ 04/12/2012 at 1:22 am

wonder how freddy got his hat to fit under that helmet?
is this the latest in nyc biker wear?

it’s far cry from the MGP look. Sam’s friends would laugh.

standing :0 @ 04/12/2012 at 1:26 am

@ugh the original: ha ha
I’m not sure if I want to tuck freddy’s shirt in or tie gerry’s shoes first.

Whatshedonenow @ 04/12/2012 at 1:32 am

@ memory lane & Reviews

You’re right. They do come across as weirdly immature for their ages. They really do seem to behave as if they want to be in their early to mid teens going to the school disco. It’s really bizarre. They also remind of Betty Davis in “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane”. But they’re a whole group of Baby Janes. wtf is that all about:/

ugh the original @ 04/12/2012 at 1:33 am

@standing :0: let’s give him credit where credit is due,

his shirt is buttoned up and the buttons appear to be all there,
his pants don’t have any mystery stains,
there is no pink ball cap anyway,
and the pants fit!

standing :0 @ 04/12/2012 at 1:40 am

sorry ugh, I must deduct points for stealing jennifer anistons’ scarf and colin farrels’ boots, but he doesn’t look too bad that’s for certain.

Crikey, gotta run, late for work.

Gerry singing “Wonderwall” from Cirque night. Not the best video but better than nothing. I think the crowd did go crazy as Ronnie said.

Whatshedonenow @ 04/12/2012 at 2:14 am

If he’s gonna have faux friends, do it properly and at least get some cool looking ones. Not that mashed up motley crew he constantly clubs and parties with. Has he learnt nothing from living in London, New York and LA? Please…a little more elan. (roll eyes).

I missed like 4 threads since I was here last.
WOW, now he is in NYC.

I am trying to post a link to a blog but JJ is not letting me, so I will copy her words instead. This lady is writing about meeting Freddy randomly at Barnes and Noble, they talked about some interesting issues and later on he asked her to walk with him over to the nearby Getty Museum to look at art.

Freddy sounds like a nice decent guy. I don’t know why certain people just assume the worst about people they have never met, including GB. Some of the comments tonight are really uncalled for. It’s OK to criticize but lets do it tastefully. I don’t understand these obnoxious posts.
“Freddy Bosche – Actor, Artist, Broadway Performer and Green Living Skeptic”
“Freddy Boshe is an actor, an artist, a performer and an all around entertaining individual. I ran into him one day at the Barnes and Noble on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. It was an afternoon of serendipity, in every conceivable way.

I took the afternoon off and decided to take care of myself and see where the wind blew me. I started off with a great workout at the Santa Monica stairs and then followed my intuition to spend some time reading magazines at the corner book store. That Barnes and Noble has a great set up for chilling out for hours, if one so pleases. Usually, when I go there to flip through the latest glossies, I most often head straight for the fashion or architecture sections. I like to get visually inspired in that way when I’m working on something new for my green jewelry designs.

But this time, I was immediately drawn to the Psychology Today magazine which had a cover title “Serendipity: Seize the Power of Chance”. The cover art had a big green clover on it made up of all kinds of different green objects – green houses, green phones, green scissors, green jewelry and a bunch of other green stuff – so that naturally caught my attention, since I’m always on the lookout for the latest articles on being green.

My afternoon was going quite nicely, and I really felt “in the flow”, so this seemed like the perfect article to pick up. When I looked for a place to sit down, though, there was only one spot available. The place was packed and the only opening that I could find was right next to a very attractive gentleman. I almost felt like I shouldn’t sit there, as not to seem obvious that I thought he was cute, but I literally had no other choice.

Once I sat down, I watched a series of serendipitous events begin to unfold. First, the attractive man that I sat down next to immediately introduced himself and asked me what I was reading. His forwardness was unexpected, because most people don’t talk to each other in a public setting like that. Second, he immediately asked me what I did for a living. So, I mentioned that I did a number of things, but that I designed green jewelry and was a green builder for quite a long while. Next, he asked me what I really thought about people, buildings, and things claiming to be “green”, because he was on the fence about the validity of the subject. I explained that I did feel that great strides were being made in a greener direction, but that I feel that it’s still definitely a work in progress for all of us.

He appreciated my answer and went on to share his thoughts. He mentioned that he had just heard about a house being re-purposed and redesigned from a Boeing 747 and had been flown in to be reassembled in the remote hills of Malibu. Right then, the gentleman next to us said that he saw it being flown in with his own eyes and couldn’t believe the sight. Next, a third gentleman standing in front of us chimed in and said that he had just interviewed the green architect of the project for an article he was working on. Then, given the number of serendipitous events in the moment, I looked to my right and saw a fourth gentleman reading a magazine about airplanes. So, I took the chance to mention that I had just picked up a magazine, by chance, about serendipity. We all laughed, and then Freddy and I went on to discuss why he felt that this airplane home wasn’t really green. He felt that since it had been flown in from so far away, goodness knew how many thousands of gallons of fuel were used to erect the “green” home.

I had to agree with him, but I explained that as a person who has been working in the green field for decades, whether in green building, Green Hollywood, green fashion or green jewelry, I felt that we are making significant strides in the right direction and experiments like the Boeing 747 home are all a part of our learning process. He appreciated my sentiment and then unexpectedly blurted out that we should go to the Getty Museum to look at art. It turned out that he is as addicted to the design world as I am and lives and breathes art for both a living and a hobby………….
I will continue in the next post since I maxed my 5,000 words.

……………The Getty ended up being closed by that time, so we decided to take the three-block walk to the beach while we chatted a little more. I came to learn that he was a performance artist, a painter and an actor, as well as a green skeptic, and I appreciated all of those qualities about him. I very much enjoyed finishing our serendipitous conversation and found it amusing that the whole thing started with a of feeling of being in the flow and the cool looking cover of a green-colored magazine.

Check out the Broadway show that Freddie Bosche was a lead performer in, it’s pretty phenomenal! Fuerza Bruta”

This is the Broadway show she says he was in. Has a feel of Cirque to it without the beautiful set and scenery.
Read one of the comments about what is needed to enhance things when one goes to see this show, lol

Whatshedonenow @ 04/12/2012 at 2:38 am

You can be charming and a twat. They are not mutually exclusive.

WHY does he always sits ourdoor when he know the he’s been watch??
that’s not a very privat place to sit if he wants to be left alone

Jesus, when did this become the Freddy Bosche blog? Enough!

Dear Lord, one minute he’s accused of f*cking any woman who stands within three feet of him, the next the same people are suggesting he’s gay because he is walking with a man who may or may not be gay. Jesus Christ, make your minds up.
Anyway, why does his friend’s sexuaIity bear any relevance to his? This is the 21st century, straight men don’t just hang out with straight men and vice versa. I don’t know any bloke under 40 that doesn’t have gay and straight friends, the same goes for women too. People these days, for the most part, have got over silly hang ups like sexuaIity and just hang out and be friends with like-minded people.
SexuaIity isn’t contagious, you can’t catch it from someone. If you’re a straight man, having gay friends doesn’t make you any less straight and the same goes for gay men hanging out with straight men.
Have to say, on a lighter note, I’m not loving the outfit, I don’t have an issue with the scarf but black shoes and jeans? Somebody needs to pull him aside and have a word.

@niknoks:
You’re in complete denial if you think straight single guys hang out with gay men. They don’t have the same interests so how could they hang out together. Straight men hang out with other straight men discussing and picking up puzzy.
Gay men hang out with other gay men discussing and trying to pick up butt holes. Or they hang out with their women friends, discussing cute guys they wished were gay, relationships, fashion, and other girly stuff.

They have a new video up of Gerry singing “Wonderwall” and you can watch it full screen.

Am I the only one who doesn’t find Gerry’s rendition of “Wonderwall” all that great? He was singing off key for starters …….

He seems to have disposed of Lolita. Pity, she would have added the final touch to this scene.

MeSaidThat @ 04/12/2012 at 4:24 am

@mr. blackwell:

You are dead, Mr. Blackwell… prance back to your grave.

This man does absolutely nothing for me. Always looking like he needs a shower (shave that nasty neck!).

Not to mention…I read somewhere else he has a small peen.

No its not small its just average. Not circumsized

His voice sounds really great, strong. He loves that song! Wished the clip was longer. Many thanks. He looked adorable dressed like that. I haven’t seen that coat since 300. Glad he’s back in his own wardrobe getting back in touch with his stuff. It must be great, like walking in from the ocean after his near death experience… a relief!
Gerry, just so you know, enjoys people’s souls regardless of gender, religion, orientation (sexual or political). An interesting person who brings something to him, is a person of value and worthwhile, period.

@Emma:
Thank you Emma! And to think we’ll be “in the audience” again being emotionally and psychologically abused again soon enough! Ugh.
~K

He looks like a New Yorker. He looks much more like him than out in LA. Maybe it’s just me projecting, but he looks far more in-touch than out there.
Of course I’m over the moon he’s back east. There is a lot to do. It is the World Hub of culture, people, enterprise. Intellectual folks of all kinds. While it has its not so great bits to it, it is far more ‘real’ than L.A.
The change is apparent. The reasons, his. He had to do it his way on his own time-line but I’m just tickled he is back in his clothing closet!
It is chilly here too. I remember the pea coat too. Don’t know when the last time he was in springtime weather in real time!
Just hope he keeps to plan and does not let that easily influenced part of him cave. Feel he should be sick (literally) and tired of being in caves: damp or dark or both!
Gerry’s shoes (to me) reflect his mood. The sturdy boots indicate he’s 1) dressed up LOL; 2) in a stronger frame of mind; 3) connected to his visual appearance more.

@ GFW

I don’t really want to talk about that film here. Wouldn’t be fair to the others… Just wanted to tell you that you were right about it.

Off to see Hot Fuzz again. :-P

Em

As for Wonderwall…

I like the way GB sings that song – perhaps a bit tougher than Noel, but he definitely has the rock voice needed to carry this song. There weren’t any people running out of the place, so I guess they liked it, too. :-))

Maybe some notes were off, it happens when one sings without playback… More and more rarely these days.

Anyway, I love the lyrics of Wonderwall. Someone was pointing out to me today just how old the song is – 1995. I was listening to completely different stuff back then, so it was kind of a surprise when I got this song from a friend and listened to it and just… wow! I tried singing it today and I liked what came out – probably much softer than Noel… Definitely nowhere near GB’s performance… LOL

Have great day, y’all!

Em

Joie de Vivre @ 04/12/2012 at 8:29 am

@Emma: Hi Emma! Yes it is a fantastic song; however, didn’t Liam handle vocals for Wonderwall on the original recording and while Oasis toured? No matter, it is what I like to call “Modern Classic Rock”. LOL! To me Classic Rock goes back to the 60s and 70s…LOL again! Have a lovely day yourself!

Greetings all! Hope everybody is well and happy and grateful for the good things, and enjoying the spring wherever you are. Kind thoughts to all!

Joie de Vivre @ 04/12/2012 at 8:34 am

Oh, and hope Butler is well and happy and making the choices that are good for him in everything he’s doing. Did anyone else interpret the TMZ article as making it sound like that his visit to the Darby was the first time he had been out to a club since rehab?

@Joie de Vivre:

Liam did do the vocals on the recording and during Oasis’ tours but Noel wrote and produced it for Meg Matthews, although he changed his story when he divorced her. ;p
While Liam did the majority of the Wonderwall performances, Noel’s own vocal arrangement of it is so much better. Noel was definitely blessed with a little more talent.

Joie de Vivre @ 04/12/2012 at 8:58 am

@niknoks: Just watched a live version from 2008 on YT. Noel is immensely talented and he’s very funny, as well. Entertainer deluxe! Hope all is well with you, niknoks.

@Whatshedonenow:
LMAO… best giggle I have had in a while…
@?:
Lolita is better off in a stable home with consistency IMO. Tis a shame if he is carting her here and dumping her there. The poor dog is probably needing a doggie psychiatrist.
Lolita: “So there is this guy that keeps showing up at my real home. This Gerry man comes in and tickles my chin and then talks to someone on his cell to see if someone is taking pictures nearby. Takes me there and we go for a walk. Just me and this stranger. Flashes and screams of ‘Gerry, Gerry” erupt and then the stranger takes me home. He hands me over to my real parents. It’s so great to be home. But then the nightmare begins. This Gerry man comes and puts me in a crate and takes me away from my home! He puts me on this loud thing they call a plane and makes my ears pop. When we get to wherever that plane goes, he hands me over to a person he calls ‘Assistant’ and I spend all my time with them until he needs to see the flashes and screams of ‘Gerry Gerry’ again. Then when I’m so sad I think that I’ll never be happy again, I’m at last reunited with my real parents and the Gerry man goes away. The worst part of this doctor is it keeps happening over and over again…”
Seems like Lolita has gone the way of all Gerry’s girls…

@Emma:
For you girlie… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILlLySGuKJo
I personally want to apologize to Oasis, especially Noel as he claimed it as his very publicly to Butler, for that clip of their song being slaughtered in such a painful way. No song deserves that IMO. Tis a shame. Sorry…

Hey, Manny!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that Hot Fuzz bloopers video! <3 you for it!!!

Oh, love the very beginning of "Hot Fuzz". A friend was trying to get me to see it for ages, because we were both, at one time, Nicolas Angel getting the boot… Sooo funny! The only thing I remember differently is that I felt as happy to go as my colleagues were to see me off. :-)))

Oh, come now, Manny! No need to apologize to Liam or Noel. Gerry was very good. I'll tell you an honest critique on my butchering the song tomorrow. My best friend is probably listening to it right now. :-)) She's an honest lady and she'll let me have it if I screwed up too much. The men in my life are not reliable that way – apparently, I have a great voice and I could sing professionally in their opinion.All, except dad and bro. My dad disagrees because it is in his nature… my brother doesn't want to see me half naked on some stage.

When it come to singing, I am totally for butchering anything, at any time. Music is one of the things that keeps people sane, you know… So do conversation, kindness, love, connection, gratitude, positive thinking, motivation and being comfy with your own solitude. And Hot Fuzz… LOL

Hugs! Have a great day, evening, night or morning… depending on where you are on this beautiful Earth!

Em

Not all his girls. ;o)
Lolita is in good hands. Her doggie daddy is a rolling stone. He’s doing what’s best for her. She has not forgotten nor forsaken him, nor he her!

ScottishFan @ 04/12/2012 at 11:15 am

here was someone in a bad mood or what? so much thumb downs…it’s ridiculous. lol

I love gerry, he could be such a great actor – but his choices of roles aren’t the best at the moment. I mean…dear frankie or the phantom of the opera were such great movies. he should be do more in drama or thriller or something like that.

nevertheless, I wish him the best. <3

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 11:26 am

@Manny:

Come on, Manny! I agree with Emma. He loves to sing and is having a ball. People do this all the time. Karaoke and live mikes are a blast. You know Gerry loves to sing and loves this song. He’s no Noel, but he’s pretty o.k. out there singing his heart out. I would have loved to have seen it.

I’ll tell you I’ve been to some concerts (Rascal Flatts for one) where the live singing is very disappointing.

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 11:27 am

Manny, BTW, Hot Fuzz is one of our favorites in this household. Loved the blooper clips!!!

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 11:37 am

I was up in NYC over the weekend and I have to say that so many of the men (young and old) had the same look that Gerry and Freddie were sporting. Scarves, 3/4 length pea coats, and boots were definitely the fashion everywhere. I bought a scarf on a corner (well 3 for $20) because it was durn chilly walking those streets. My 2 cents: I think Freddie is gay too. And we have gay friends (guys) who we (hubby and I) hang out with. Disagree with those that think straight men don’t hang out with gay men. Well, maybe some insecure ones wouldn’t.

Stuckonaplane @ 04/12/2012 at 11:43 am

I keep having this recurring nightmare that I’m stuck on a plane to nowhere, in coach, sitting between @Reviews: and @GFW: . They won’t shut up and they talk endless nonsense about every thing in their brains at the moment and a few things they believe are in other people’s brains too. They repeat old news, repeat themselves and bicker back and forth and I’m caught in the middle. I don’t dare interject or say anything or I get the smack down! I have no where to escape them except the crapper or a parachute and the crapper is always full!

Can'tGetEnough @ 04/12/2012 at 11:47 am

Good Morning JJer’s! I don’t think these pics have been posted yet, but they are from an event last night. He’s with Freddy again:

Think it keeps his vocal cords flexible! It’s a good thing. I love to sing along with songs at home! Why find fault with it. Hope he sings at home too… and in the shower (blushes).
~K

Re: Gerry at the “MICHAEL SAGATO “Delirium Tremens” Opening at Joseph Nahmad Contemporary”
How cool! Cool stuff to do. He’s doing cool stuff! (goalie arms)
Told you the shoes were “dress” shoes and he was dressed up, Scottish style, not snob style! Not women style either!

@angelsrock:
Just know this. If Freddy Bosche is gay, and G is hanging out with Freddy at such close proximity, day in and day out, and travels with him as well, you can bet your house G is gay or bi. You judge a person by their friends. No red-blooded male would hang out with a gay guy so closely. Yes straight men know gay men, but they’re more acquaintance than real buddies.
So I would be very careful to claim Freddy is gay without proof.
IF G is truly heterosexual, not bi, I don’t believe for a second he’d be hanging out so closely with a gay friend. Even the gay guy wouldn’t have much interest in the hetro guy if he knew there is no way he’ll get to sleep with him. It’s just human nature.
So either, both are straight or both are gay. I would be very careful to claim Freddy gay before I had proof.

“Even the gay guy wouldn’t have much interest in the hetro guy if he knew there is no way he’ll get to sleep with him. It’s just human nature.”
~K

@Denial: But it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Gerry is bi-sexual. Def not gay (too many womanizing stories!) but bi? Sure.

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 1:10 pm

@Denial:

Well, I am very open to Gerry being bi. I don’t think he’s gay. And you seem to be very closed minded. I think that people in the entertainment business are very comfortable hanging with those of different sexual tendencies. Another business where this is “acceptable” behavior is the restaurant/catering/hotel business. I have many relatives in the restaurant and hotel business where there are lots of gay employees. You just hang out with your friends/co-workers no matter the preference.

@GFW:
“But would a gay man (who is a friend regardless of sexual orientation) hang out with a straight Hollywood star that attracts men, as well as women?”
Hang out once in a while yes, but would G want to hang out with him and travel together? If they travel together and one of them is gay, my money is both are gay.
This is not like G invited FB to his premiere or his birthday party being that they are friendly. We are talking about heavy duty hanging out together and traveling together. I just can’t see it.
Why do you think there are gay bars or gay health clubs? Because both groups of men don’t feel very comfy being in each other’s company, with the straight men having more difficulty relating to men sleeping with other men.

God Bless yoou all! @ 04/12/2012 at 1:17 pm

“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28

@angelsrock: Goodness….how am I “very closed-minded”? All I said was that it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s bi….

And if he’s bi….power to him! He can love and see beauty in all humans, with no boundaries. I think that’s cool, actually.

No judgement from me. My sexuality is neither here nor there…..so it’s all good!

@angelsrock: Sorry girl! I misunderstood! I thought your comment was directed at me!

MY BAD!

@ShootMe:
Usually Bi men are not womanizers, so I don’t believe the womanizer stories if G is Bi.
But I am open to the possibility G is gay, and these stories about him are totally untrue and cooked by his PR team.
@angelsrock:
No, The industry I am in has many gay men in it, and I hang out with them a lot. Every hot guy that passes by they get turned on, just like women,and we talk about it, and it’s funny. Do you think straight men can handle that?
And the gay men don’t like it if they can’t express themselves and their desires freely. That’s why these two groups of men separate. They usually don’t hang out together. In my experience it has nothing to do with straight men being insecure. It has more to do with straight men not being able to relate to men fu/ck!ng other men. That’s all it boils down to.

Are you now saying that G is bi and Freddy is gay so they are sex partners too?

I presume your “G” is Gerry? (eye roll) You can speak openly about his sexuality and scrutinize it but unable to call him by name? Interesting.
I think in an earlier post I pretty much answered your question(s).
But you’re assuming “G” is bi-sexual (which is… if the true a not so cool thing with Hollywood and I think “G” likes movie making for the most part but feel he’s other talent and skills–again Freddy could be helping him with as he gains momentum into a new life chapter) and Freddy is gay, or it appears that way. I suspect two men together = gay couple to you, right? That simple?
I’m kind of in the park of “G” is very loyal to his close friends. AND everyone wanted him ditching some who (it appeared) were leading him into drugs and all kinds of debauchery. Maybe, now just maybe, Freddy is clean, sober, intelligent, very into –say a new hobby of “G”‘s– or he’s getting him into some treatment or other, actually in recovery himself?
See how many scenarios there can be Hags, I mean “Denial” (your base loveless scenarios give you away every time btw), be that are far more positive then where you wish to drag this?
Also, wasn’t it rumored “G” was remolding his loft? Maybe he’s putting in a Koi pond on his roof and they’re out scouting about for tiles, landscaping?
Another reason to be with another man, and an equally handsome one, is to attract women looking for light sport recreation as “G” gets his heart out of the tomb he’s shut it away in? Ah, the scenarios for someone without a one-track mind!

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 1:33 pm

@ShootMe:

I didn’t mean your opinion of him being bi or gay. I meant your opinion that gay men and straight men don’t hang out seems very closed minded. Celebs are a very different animal than us ordinary folks.

Gerry probable sees this Freddie dude a couple of days a month and this is when he’s not filming. And we’re not sure if Freddie is gay or not. My opinion is that he is, but who knows.

@GFW: I like your insightful way of thinking….some good points made.

@Denial:
“Are you now saying that G is bi and Freddy is gay so they are sex partners too?”
Your sock after sock arrives sounding like a locked up self-hating angry Droid. Not only do you dislike women, and men, but apparently the human race as a whole? For the life of me I don’t think you’ve ever had sex. Or been in love. Your lack of emotion, sounding like a machine, is steely cold. (shivers)

@GFW:
You don’t help someone recover by taking them to clubs and pubs. So that’s totally a misguided assumption.

I don’t think they are doing anything together but having a good time partying, and whatever else that we have no proof of right now.

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 1:37 pm

@ShootMe:

Oh gheese and I responded back without noticing either. Sorry!
So my response was to Denial I guess.

Cheers everyone! Gotta get back to RL for awhile!

@angelsrock: You’re confusing me with “Denial”. I’ve never said that gay and straight men don’t hang out. Not once.
Seems we are all typing on top of each other and getting a bit confused.

@angelsrock: Hahaha! Kisses, girl!

@GFW:
“You’d like it like that, huh? Turn you on all this talk? This might be it for you, huh? Seriously, you need a life. What does it matter?”
What’s wrong with you? I am only asking a question and bringing up an issue?
This is a discussion, not an argument.
BTW, I asked Angel this question not you, so butt out.

@GFW:
I think it’s clear now why they threw you out of IMDB, .net, and WO. You argue too much. Lighten up!

@Denial:
Oh, so “Denial” is “LOL” and the other daily socks you come in here on the same wave of judgement. Sorry not going there with the clubbing thing… again.
Nailed. I knew that would turn you on? ;o) Sorry, but think it turns her on too.
As a matter of fact, this board is only “active” when some can draw attention to themselves with outrageous topics like this that if it were your sexuality (which I believe you have none… at all) you’d freak but it’s “G”s so it’s, you know… cool.
Then again active when speaking to the women he may, or may not, have slept with (so they can imagine it), or his sexuality (for the same reason). Only trying to convince folks he’s “auto” Gay for being friends with them (where in your segregated bigoted world they separate and in his they may NOT [read: hint-hint]) not liking that, well you know, visual.
~K
who thinks “G” might be spiffin’ up his place or out looking for rare books? Gee, maybe he and “G” share a few hobbies like photography (“G” would be great at), or knows places “G” hasn’t been that has, you changed in The City in the year he’s been gone? See… their are a few other… scenarios?

No, not “run” out of either… choice all mine! I’m on “moderating review” because they can’t handle the truth. And that’s why they’re all here lurking and hovering panting like hungry leopards when I write and post. I speak the truth. Truth is a powerful magnet. And you can’t bargain with it.
Boo, I just don’t like Gerry railroaded is all.
~K

So, the only pressing question that matters to me is, is the hat: wool, denim, chambray, felt, flannel or silk-blend?

@charlotte:
Drugs happened.

@GFW:
Sorry to disappoint you. G being gay doesn’t turn me on. Why should it?
But if he is gay, he should come out. Either way, I want to see him happy.

your “truth” is malformed by your blatant obsession for gerry. thats why no one can & should not take what you say seriously.

GFW gets so angry it’s weird. I have never heard of anyone getting so worked up over comments at a gossip site. Why is she acting as if Gerry is her personal property? Do you think maybe she needs psychological help?

@weird: Welcome newbie. Day after day we endure countless rambling posts of GFW’s obsessed fantasies and argumentative rants. She knows bupkis about Gerard Butler. Just what she cooks up in her overheated brain. Best to ignore, or at least know that it’s all personal fantasy.

Can'tGetEnough @ 04/12/2012 at 2:49 pm

A bunch of pics here from the filming of OMAM courtesy of the Russian GB site. Old, but a few I have not seen before:

Can'tGetEnough @ 04/12/2012 at 2:51 pm

More of GB and Freddy. Hadn’t seen this one of them on the bike until today, sorry if it’s a repeat:

@Can’tGetEnough:
sorry, didn’t see you post those.

@DUH:
Honestly, I have never seen anything like this before.
I was just reading the last thread from yesterday, and there too she was fighting with someone else all day, I think it was Anastasia.
I can’t figure out why.

Can'tGetEnough @ 04/12/2012 at 2:58 pm

@from WO: Quite alright, I’ve done that many times myself!

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 3:02 pm

@ShootMe:

LOL! You’re right; I need to focus more!!! Proof that I can not multi-task, and may I say that I am so jealous of those that can!

mr. blackwell @ 04/12/2012 at 3:09 pm

@Whatshedonenow: Post #60
Great now he will recruit some actual homeless people for his “crew” AutheticHobo is the new black. Well it could be an improvement – they drink the cheap stuff, he could save money, they make him look and smell so much better, he can garner some Public Service points. Mrs. Obama invite ME to the White House.

I have risen from the dead, clearly I am needed or would you prefer Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police?

Patthekat @ 04/12/2012 at 3:16 pm

Personally, I don’t care, nor do I need to speculate about Gerry’s sexual orientation, his sense of style or who he hangs out with. The man is highly intelligent, an amazing actor who’s not gotten enough substantive acting roles (compared to his work in the U.K.) but is highly regarded around the world.

Get a life, people. He has his, you have yo urs.

just saying @ 04/12/2012 at 3:17 pm

@Denial: Bi men are not womanizers? can you spell Dave Navarro?

Hoboisthenewblack @ 04/12/2012 at 3:25 pm

@mr. blackwell: Hey, Blackwell, step away from my sock. It’s already taken. Don’t get any ideas…

Just seen the photo on the russian site what’s with the blow fish face?.

@just saying:
I think Bi men have lots of sex because they are attracted to both sexes. They are real who/res. So I have no doubt that Dave Navarro had and has lots of partners.
But womanizing is an art. It’s more about the games and manipulations they have to devise to get the woman to sleep with them, than the actual sex act itself. In my experience, womanizers are usually very highly sexed men who love to conquer women as a way to validate their own masculinity and maleness in the eyes of OTHER MEN – like bragging rights. It’s not about having sex for sex’s sake. It’s about emotional validation. Usually they are very insecure and need to prove their sexual prowess. There is a difference between bi who/res and womanizing who/res. The end results is the same – sex. But the reasons behind it and the way they go about it is much different.

ProudSock @ 04/12/2012 at 3:37 pm

Okay….seeing pics of Gerry with his arms wrapped around Freddy on the bike….makes me long for stories of him hitting on 22 year-olds in clubs.

Sorry….but something’s up between those two!

@ProudSock:
ITAWY. 22 year-olds is better than Gerry and Freddy being an item.

2 men on a bike is suspect, straight dudes don’t double EVER!

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 4:15 pm

@ProudSock:

You piqued my interest so I had to go back to look at that pic. Arms don’t seem to be wrapped around him as you eluded to. His left hand does seem to be grabbing Freddie’s side. They’re making a turn and there’s not much to hold on to on that small bike. It’s tough to see exactly where his right arm is, but it’s definitely not wrapped around Freddie in a tight squeeze.

It’s amazing to me what we each see when viewing a picture. It’s rather fun to see everyone’s opinion and speculations.

I’ll tell you one thing; there’s no way I would ride a motorcycle through the streets of NYC!!!

facereality @ 04/12/2012 at 4:26 pm

JMO, the PR people will be back to work after reading this thread. New “rumors” or pics within a week, I would bet.

@ProudSock:
@i think:
He does not have his arms “wrapped around” Freddie. He’s just holding on so he won’t fly off. He looks concerned like he thought Freddie turned in front of a moving vehicle.

I’ve seen plenty of straight dudes doubling when they want to get someplace together in a hurry.
IMHO it seems you people have some serious issues.

Could this be as simple as they only had ONE bike between them? Also, Gerry being in showbiz, he’s constantly around gay people…so maybe he’s not at all homophobic (that is, if Freddy’s gay).
Think about it. IF Gerry was gay, and all the womanizing stories are the result of him and his hard-working P.R. people, would he REALLY blow his cover this easily? All that “bearding” flushed down the toilet?

Naw. Maybe dude just needed a ride

The Noise In The Walls @ 04/12/2012 at 4:46 pm

Love those pics of Gerry in NYC! Very New Yorkish..!! and the longer coat..Must be chilly there…where’s Spring??

the guys i know who ride harleys wouldn’t be caught dead doubling with a dude, that is a FACT gale! I never said i was a homophobe. Who has issues here when YOU take someones’ words and twist them to suit your opinion and belief values. Personally i don’t give a sh!t which way he swings, i was only adding some facts about the bikers i hang with.

Mustlovedogs @ 04/12/2012 at 4:55 pm

I don’t believe GB is gay. He gawks at too many women for that! How many times have we seen tweets from eye witness accounts of his oggling females?
Being bi, I’m not sure. I think Freddy is just a real good friend. He’s single and spontaneous like Gerry is. And consider this, if G or F either one are bi, they are friends and would they risk that friendship by fooling around with each other? Random hookups would be better for anyone whether bi or not for unattached sex. Gerry seems to have a rule about having sex with people he considers good friends.
Now ex’s, might be a different story but if they go from ex to friend perhaps it’s different. JMO.

@Stuckonaplane:
Quick look for Lolita… I’m sure she is lost there too!!!

LOL. Homophobia is alive and well and living on this JJ thread. Some see gay everywhere…where others just see two guys. ie. Someone is wearing a scarf…ever been to Europe? Every other male wears one.Young, old and inbetween. Are all Americans like this? Speaks volumes if they are. Creepy.

The Noise In The Walls @ 04/12/2012 at 5:17 pm

so true Babe # 152..I’ve been to Europe several times..I’ve seen men wear scraves..so??..Just like that “Pulp Fiction” movie…”They got the same things they got over here…but things are a tad different”..Nothing wrong with it..If you’ve traveled..it’s no big deal..trouble is..some Americans haven’t been to Europe..so they don’t know..the whole globe isn’t just the USA,,LOL!

angelsrock @ 04/12/2012 at 5:18 pm

@babe:

Exactly! So much speculation and finger pointing and name-calling and categorizing. All I saw were 2 friends sharing a ride and hanging out.

Seasoned fan.. @ 04/12/2012 at 5:23 pm

Why didn’t or doesn’t Jared load up all the pics?

@babe:
I don’t think anything that has been said here today is Homophobia. People should be allowed to discuss their opinions without being trashed and called Homophones.

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 04/12/2012 at 6:35 pm

@weird:

Hi! I thought I would go ahead and reply to the post that you left me on the last thread, on this new one. Even though I’m not going to touch this homosexual/not homosexual subject. It is a very unfair topic to discuss IMO. Anyhow, well, I have gotten pretty used to GFW for the most part. She actually has some rather great, interesting views in regards to movies. I like debating……when it’s reasonable. But we are all human and I caved and started arguing yesterday because that is a subject that affects many in the world, not just Gerard B. And it should not be taken lightly. I will let others explain about GFW further if they want to. :-)

Sorry if I don’t respond (if any post directly to me, that is) for a few days, a busy weekend ahead for me. One thing I’m so super excited for is a show by the band Garbage. My best friend got us tickets for Saturday. How old school 90′s is that??!! I’m psyched! We have VIP tickets and a friend works with the venue we will be at, so extremely thrilled at the prospect of being introduced to Shirley Manson. Everyone have a great weekend and try not to take this place so seriously. You know, like I did yesterday. :-D

New thread!!!!!!

@i think:
I agree with you regarding Harley riders.
For the record I don’t think either one of them is gay or Bi.

@Denial: A homophone is a word confused with another not a person. Back to English class for you.

It seems to me people create celebrities, actors, musicians, into something idealized. I think many idealized him.
Through a series of unfortunate deeply personal disappointments and consequential developments he’s been bumped from his pedestal for many.
I don’t know why a man out enjoying his life is so scrutinized, over-analyzed or instantly judged? Yet perception equal reality. If you think it, then it’s true.
Anyone built into an image is bound to disappoint.
It seems to me actors, musicians, celebrities create hype for to keep themselves in the press.
I find it odd he was spotted on the bike at all. Did someone know?
But to be angry about anything you perceive is a waste of time and emotional energy.
Many bought a crafted image he chose to project but that’s what actors do.

@Anastasia Beaverhausen:
Thanks, sorta. LOL Oh, and that’s “Perception equals reality.”
~K
who only stopped posting on the last tread because I get sent to moderation. And when I do, I take it personally and split. F.E.A.R. (for everything a reason)… wishing everyone a nice evening at JJ as I’m off to watch To Kill A Mockingbird :o)

Mustlovedogs @ 04/12/2012 at 7:00 pm

The more I consider it, if he were gay or even bi when have we ever gotten a tweet about him oggling another guy? I don’t recall any such tweets. Everyone likes to make a big deal around here when he is caught staring at women in the gym but don’t hesitate two seconds to throw him under the “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” bus!

@Denial: Exactly right! He hangs out with so many gay men. I don’t know any straight guys who hang with gays. Or gays who want to hang out with straight guys. It works both ways. Gerry is definitely gay. Maybe he’s screwed around with a few chix but I believe he likes peen. Top or bottom? His secret’s out.

Another thing, Gerry has known Freddy for a long time. And he’s Italian decent, and an “actor”. This layers it tremendously.
For starters, Gerry loves Italian food and can speak it rather well from what I gather. Hey might Freddy be teaching him to cook! ;o) Okay, that’s a stretch (and secret wish) Just keep in mind Gerry is extremely loyal to long-time friends who benefit him. It is what it is. How does Freddy do this? Who knows? A chance of pace? A new direction? Some dude bonding? A brother kind of thing he might need just now?
Another thing to remember, and on a hunch (like everything I write) Gerry does not suffer fools. Okay… that’s it then. He suffers enough as it is. His hyper-sensitive nature is pretty spot on.
With Gerry, you’re either in or your out. When you’re out, you know it. When you’re in, he won’t leave you alone.

@Denial:

“No red-blooded male would hang out with a gay guy so closely. Yes straight men know gay men, but they’re more acquaintance than real buddies.”
Out of interest, what colour blood do gay men have?
@babe:

I don’t think all Americans are homophobic or ignorant, there just seems to be a ‘provinciaI’ element on this board that haven’t quite joined us in the 21st century. These are the people that don’t think gay men and straight men can be friends, that straight men don’t double up on a motorbike, that bi people must be more promiscuous. I used to get quite p*ssed off by attitudes like that, now I just find them mildly amusing.
My OH’s circle of friends from childhood, uni and work all hang out together, play football, pool, go for a drink, some of them are straight and some are gay, it makes absolutely no difference at all because they are all comfortable within their own skin.
From the opposite point of view, my brother (who’s gay), the majority of his friends are straight, he has the same friends he grew up with, he went to school with, they don’t treat him any differently, they wouldn’t be true friends if they did. To dispel another myth, I have three brothers, my gay brother has had by far the fewest partners and definitely the most faithful, although my older brothers have both settled down now and are happily married good boys. ;p

@niknoks:
Red-blooded is just a figure of speech. It’s not meant to disparage gays.
You know, it might be different in England where homosexuality has been embraced fully by the public. In the US, however, it has not been fully embraced, unless it’s in certain industries like the arts, hospitality, and my field, fashion. Here a straight man USUALLY wouldn’t be caught dead being too friendly with a gay guy. That doesn’t mean he can’t be nice to him at work or in general situations, but they usually don’t hang out socially together. The two groups just don’t mix well mostly because straight males can’t relate to men that fu/ck other men.
Since G is from the UK, maybe he is more comfortable hanging with gays in a social setting. If Freddy is gay, he might be hanging out with G because he is attracted to him and because G is famous and a great friend to use to further his career. I don’t know. Maybe Gerry just doesn’t care about Freddy’s sexuality because he comes form a more accepting society. What I was saying on this thread was just a discussion on the psychology involved in this situation, not a way to disparage any gays in general. Please stop attacking me for being honest about how things work here in America. Especially, stop calling people who don’t feel like you, homophobes. It’s insulting. Homophobes mean you hate gays. Straight guys not feeling comfortable socializing with gays is not hating them, it’s just personal taste and you can’t judge people for their taste.
In the industries I mentioned above, no one looks twice if someone says they are gay. No one judges anyone for their sexuality. However, with all that acceptance, I can still honestly tell you that most straight guys WOULDN’T hang out with their gay co-workers in a social environment such as going clubbing together. But, they are still friendly to each other,and no one calls anyone homophobic.

curious cat @ 04/13/2012 at 9:56 pm

“They are not hurting anyone”

@ Reviews. How do you know they aren’t hurting anyone? We keep reading opinions from posters about GB, let him live his life, he isn’t hurting anyone. First, we have no power here to stop him living his life and we don’t know whether he is causing hurt to anyone.Same with his friends.

You sound lot like Old But Not Dead. New moniker? I rarely come here any more but every so often am tempted only to realize how silly it all is.

curious cat @ 04/13/2012 at 10:01 pm

@TMZ:

A great singer he isn’t. But he could put out a CD or better yet a DVD and his fans would buy it up.

@curious cat:
what the hell are you talking about? If you linked the post I could have figured out what you mean, but of course you are not really sharp especially if you think I am OBND. I mean, this is a post probably from way back in the thread so I don’t really know what you are referring to that I said. As of now, your post is just meaningless.

curious cat @ 04/13/2012 at 11:32 pm

@Reviews:

Oh,my. So far back on 7 pages you don’t remember what you said? And I am the one who isn’t SHARP? You spoke of GB and his friend that “they aren’t hurting anyone” as a defense of whatever they are doing. It’s a favorite defense of GB by his fans that “he isn’t hurting anyone” so we should let him live his life.
I was just challenging the thought. None of us here really knows what goes on his personal life or whether anyone is being hurt by it.Rumors suggest otherwise but rumors are just rumors. And we have no say over his life. Ok, sorry if I picked on you but you used the words. You deny being OBND, but you used the initials, not the words of her moniker, which suggests that if you aren’t that person, you’ve been here long enough to know who she is. And what I said to you wasn’t exactly an insult. OBND is a very educated, knowledgable, logical intellect I would have liked to know better and you sounded much the same.So I had to ask. I don’t come here much any more because there isn’t much intelligent on this site.

Gerry is gay and I don’t care. I love it, actually. I love looking at piccies of his man-dates with his fellow artistes. Maybe his buddies have Ganymede fantasies, too. They might be crashing at his Chelsea loft and keeping his bed warm while he’s travelling about. His sexuality has been right under our noses for years only now it’s more evident than ever that he’s gay and possibly in love with Freddy Bosche.

@curious cat:

I am sorry, Curious, I misunderstood you. Anyway, I don’t remember what I said because we are not posting here any more and the last time I posted on this thread was about 3 days ago. But regardless, it’s best to link the message you are responding to as an easy reference. It helps clarify any misunderstandings, and God knows misunderstandings abound on jj.
Regarding what I said, I don’t know which post you are referring to exactly but I do remember saying something along these lines. I still think that as long as GB is not hurting anyone by living his life like he likes, and despite his unconventional ways, it’s not right to criticize especially since we don’t know how his real life is, and are not privy to his day to day living.
“I don’t come here much any more because there isn’t much intelligent on this site.”
There is a lot of fighting, that’s for sure.

You do not know that. You don’t.
A few photos of him sharing a scooter ride with a long-time male friend, really? That’s all you need? Sharing a meal, and a day with a male companion since back in NYC after being gone for over a year, and that’s it? Really?
No, Gerry is in love with Ari. ;o) Gerry spends as much time, if not more with him, no? He does!
So the Gay contagion is spreading? The mob theory is being proven again? Really? don’t buy it. Sorry, but I know too much to.
Just feel he is under a lot of stress right now and is not in any mood for women, of any kind in his life in the way some fans want him to be. But he is far too conscious of the blowback of going one way. That bell cannot be unrung, and he knows it. He’s hanging with his male friends again (and it was okay out in California but not in NYC?) does not mean anything but taking a breather to recalibrate and feel safe. Safety and respect means everything to men.
As for Gerry having female friends? He does. Like I’ve said before he is not without emotional connections. He couldn’t be setting his self on this right path without them! Everyone wants him doing more positive things and staying away for ****** women, so he does. So he bonds with his brothers in life and gets labeled for it? Why? Don’t get it.
~K
who thinks Gerry might be laughing his butt off about this…

@curious cat:
Curious Cat said…
“None of us here really knows what goes on his personal life or whether anyone is being hurt by it.Rumors suggest otherwise but rumors are just rumors.”
I take the bait. Who’s being “hurt”? What rumors?

Seasoned fan.. @ 04/14/2012 at 11:25 am

And she is right again! You go girl.