Dick Clark Dies at 82

Dick Clark Dies at 82

Dick Clark, the media personality whose reach extended from game shows and radio to the yearly New Year’s Rockin’ Eve celebration, has died. He was 82.

The famed TV producer died from a massive heart attack Wednesday morning (April 18).

Dick “had entered St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica last night for an outpatient procedure. Attempts to resuscitate were unsuccessful. He is survived by his wife Kari and his three children, RAC, Duane, and Cindy,” his family said in a statement (via THR).

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dick’s friends and family during this difficult time.

TMZ was the first to report the news.

Valerie Macon/Getty

Sad, a true legend like there are no more. Rest In Peace, ****. New Year’s Rockin’ Eve celebration won’t be the same without him.

What, Jared? The name D-i-c-k censored?

Am sorry to hear this. Mr. Clark was a fine man. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

GoldenBlitch @ 04/18/2012 at 3:55 pm

What a legend…Next New Years will be a little dimmer than before. Rest in Peace.

hottiepatrol @ 04/18/2012 at 3:57 pm

Rip ****

RockNRollheaven @ 04/18/2012 at 3:58 pm

He was a great man and a legend! He introduced so many musical talents to the world. I met him once and he was so gracious and handsome! He will be missed!

Oh no…not Oompa loompa :’(

A true legend . he will be greatly missed . R.I.P. Mr.Clark

So sad to hear this news. **** Clark was a true gentleman and a larger than life Icon. He will truely be missed. I grew up in the American Bandstand era in the 50′s and 60′s & in 1976 I saw him and his show “the **** Clark Review”. He was ageless. God rest his soul and bless his family. My prayers are for his family.

I guess the system won’t allow Mr. Clark’s first name to print.

He will be missed, especially on NYE. RIP.

**** Clark, Mr. American Bandstand, Mr. New Years Eve has just left us. Why? He was just inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Heaven. And Elvis was the first one to greet him. Rest In Peace ****. We all loved you and will miss you. A living Legend!!

DorseyAllan @ 04/18/2012 at 4:21 pm

my classmate’s step-mother makes $64 every hour on the internet. She has been out of work for 8 months but last month her pay check was $14034 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more

DorseyAllan @ 04/18/2012 at 4:22 pm

CashLazy.com

wow..82! thats amazing and worth celebrating. he finished well=) R.I.P

Sad to hear the news. He had a long and eventful life and will be missed. Rest in peace.

Tomas Pavelka @ 04/18/2012 at 5:49 pm

Please take a look and share tribute to Mr. Clark!! ****-Clark" rel="nofollow">http://www.memmento.com/Memorial-at-Memmento/668/****-Clark !! this is the way..

What a name. R.I.P

Your legend will live on, Mr. Clark. Rest in peace.

TEXAS SWEDE @ 04/18/2012 at 6:58 pm

To Mr. Clarks family. I grew up watching Bandstand every afternoon and then every Saturday. I loved all the musical programs he developed and produced. Not many people realize how big a part he played in the spread of rock n roll.

No one feels his loss like you do. And nothing will fill his place. Just know there are millions of us out here mourning with you and for you.

May God hold you in his arms until you are steady on your feet again.

RIP Mr. Clark You had a beat the whole world could dance to.

TIMEKEEPER @ 04/18/2012 at 7:34 pm

RIP Mr. Clark. Heaven just gained a wonderful new angel. Thanks for all the fond memories. We will miss you.

rest in peace sir

Just somepoints @ 04/18/2012 at 9:52 pm

NOW flags should flown at half amst for him.
Whitney Houston flags at half mast in NJ, NO!
Elvis, NOoooo!
Frank Sinatra in NJ, noooo!!!!

Di ck Clark, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oprah Winfrey one day,,YES!!!!
Who else from the entertainmnet world who wasa pioneer. Opened doors. Led a good , decent life off camera and did charity work????

ummmm….
Well….
Two . Di ck Clark adn Oprah.

Titlted Kilt @ 04/18/2012 at 10:29 pm

R.I.P.

RIP Ms. Clark….I can’t belive this… R.I.P!

@****-clark-dies-at-82/comment-page-1/#comment-21687182" rel="nofollow">Just somepoints:

ITAWU! I almost killed myself every day running home from school so I wouldn’t miss American Bandstand. I knew all the regular dancers names and how when they didn’t get a chance to change you would seen them dancing in their school uniforms. Bet you he’s got those records playing up there amongst the clouds, WILL MISS YOU D.ICK!! NEW YEAR’S EVE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!

Sorry to hear about his passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

RIP Mr. Clark

Thank You Mr. Clark for all the wonderful hours of entertainment and joy you brought into our living rooms with American Bandstand and New Years Rockin’ Eve. You truly were the best and will be greatly missed.

I will always remember seeing Wham! and Janet Jackson on American Bandstand. RIP.