Rihanna, Duchess Kate & Adele Make 'Time' 100 List

Rihanna, Duchess Kate & Adele Make 'Time' 100 List

Time has revealed its 9th annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world!

Celebs making the cut include Adele, Jessica Chastain, Claire Danes, Viola Davis, Chelsea Handler, Rihanna, Tilda Swinton, and Kristen Wiig.

The mag also highlighted Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, her younger sister, Pippa Middleton, President Barack Obama and athletes Novak Djokovic, Tim Tebow, and Jeremy Lin.

Angelina Jolie was one of the celebrity writers, penning a piece honoring Oscar-winning filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.

For the full Time 100 list, check out Time.com!

Bigger cover pic inside

time 100 cover

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

FGS, why is that they always have to have ONE ridiculous inclusion? Last year it was Blake Lively, this year it’s Rihanna. F_cking pathetic.

Thats my Girl Angelina

rihanna? really…?

I’m not sure about most influential. Most famous, yeah.

they put Rihanna but not Meryl Streep. what has the world come to?

Where’s Michael Fassbender, huh?
That guy is everywhere and earned his spot on the list this year.
Pippa, Chelsea and Rihanna SERIOUSLY?! >>> Facepalm

Butter_Fly @ 04/18/2012 at 11:44 am

My definition and Time’s definition of “influential people” differ slightly. Rihanna? Handler? Seriously?

That list should be called “The 100 most attention wh*res in the world” instead. Who are they kidding? LOL

Time Magazine is a joke. Some of the people on their list is hilarious, how can Handler, Pippa be influential? Really? Time Magazine should rename itself to Slime Magazine.

This list has to be a joke *-* I mean really?
I bet Time would not even make the top 100 most influential magazines in the world. Why not just totally throw away any pretense of credibility and name Snooki and the Kardashians too?

This list is AWFUL

Let me guess Snooki is #1 @ 04/18/2012 at 12:07 pm

“The 100 most forced down the throat of Americans by the media people.” DUH

Why on the earth Kristen Wiig, Claire Danes, Octavia Spencer are considered the most influential people in the world when we only heard about them this year?? Chelsea Handler? Are u kidding me?! This list is a total JOKE

And they may be the most influential in the USA, but NOT in the world!!

where's the real one? @ 04/18/2012 at 12:17 pm

I didn’t make the list but Pippa did? Celebs and athletes rule over the world, Time people need eyewash and a brain.
* It’s a late April fools joke. Read the small print. Good one guys. *

Where is Hillary Clinton?

Rihanna?
Pippa Middleton?
Chelsea Handler?
Blake Lively?
And they leave out actual influential people like Imran Khan (Influential politician, Michael Fassbender (6 blockbusters in a row), Jennifer Lawrence (Highest Grossing action heroine), Angelina Jolie (UN ambassador-In the Land of Blood and Honey), and Michelle Obama?

RIDICULOUS.

who are this people @ 04/18/2012 at 12:57 pm

pippa?

who are this people @ 04/18/2012 at 1:01 pm

Jessica Chastain???haven’t heard of her.In what way she is influential??She is not even famous yet.I ask my co workers if they know her, no one has an idea.I think Rhianna is famous , everybody knows her , and she influenced some girls.She has the right to be there.

@jessie: I really think they should have included Imran Khan who really is influential in the world, Angleina Jolie for bringing awareness to the Bosnian war and the rapes and assualts women suffered that time. Jennifer Lawrence should be there too since she’s the highest grossing female action star in the world right now and Michelle Obama is a given.

who are this people @ 04/18/2012 at 1:07 pm

Adelle deserved it.She is on fire this year, but the others , i never heard of them.They might have a great publicist.

I can’t understand why some of this people are influential.They are not even famous.How can they be influential.

I highly doubt anyone outside the US cares about Tim Tebow.

BloodbuzzOhio @ 04/18/2012 at 4:45 pm

@#_#: You’d only heard of Kristen Wiig and Claire Danes this year? You’re an idiot.

@celine: I can’t even begin to comprehend how ridiculous this comment is. “They are not even famous”.

I just want to clarify here, this isn’t the most influential CELEBRITIES in the world (not that there are many, anyway. While the ‘famous inclusions’ of the list almost always suck, the rest of the list is actually, well, not bad. But, you know, they’re not famous, thus not making them important according to you. Moron.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All