Andrea Riseborough: Alexander Skarsgard's Wife in 'Hidden'!

Andrea Riseborough: Alexander Skarsgard's Wife in 'Hidden'!

Andrea Riseborough is set to join Alexander Skarsgard in the upcoming horror thriller Hidden, THR reports.

The 30-year-old English actress and Alexander, 35, will play husband and wife in the film “about a family hiding in a bomb shelter after escaping a mysterious outbreak.”

The movie, which Matt and Ross Duffer will both write and direct, is scheduled to begin shooting this year.

Andrea previously worked with Madonna on W.E.. She can also be seen in Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong later this year.

Christopher Polk/Getty

Scary looking.

I seen her in Madonna W.E. film . She did very good . I will definitely watch anything Alex in . I wish him nothing but the best in his career . I love this film already can’t wait for it to underway . I love Horror films .

Lucky girl.

She’s only 30?!?! GTFO!

sexah time, oh yeah.

This is the chick @ 04/25/2012 at 4:50 pm

Alexanders girlfriend Charlize theron, has nothing to worry about , Alexander straying into her bed she’s not his type
this chick ain’t nothing to look at she ain’t no patch on stunning .. Charlize Theron.
No worries there …….

TEXAS SWEDE @ 04/25/2012 at 5:02 pm

Nice to see the project is coming together. Hope to hear more on it soon.

Two good actors for this movie! Love it.

from just reading’s comment on the previous thread:

“Isn’t Andrea Riseborough also in Disconnect with Alex?”

Yes, but AFIK, totally different segment of the movie. So not really a co-star.

William Keck ‏ @KecksExclusives Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#TrueBlood fans – follow me Monday for your first look photo ( with #stephenmoyer & #alexanderskarsgard ) & chat with new series regular!!!

just reading @ 04/25/2012 at 6:11 pm

Oh, here you are, ladybug ;)
Thanks for your answer.

Peanut Gallery @ 04/25/2012 at 6:27 pm

I think that Andrea is an English Rose type of beauty. JJ has not chosen the most flattering photo of her.

Looking forward to this film, my favourite genre

From what I read about this film, it sounds very interesting.

Link to an interview with Zal Batmanglij:

The stuff about the East starts around the 9:30 minute mark.

She usually looks way better than that pic!

STOP the Troll @ 04/25/2012 at 7:39 pm

I am a Troll and proud of it! I refuse to believe the lies this P.R.I.C.K.is telling. Alex, you are still a Big, Dumb, Doofus. Another P.R. relay really?!?!

TEXAS SWEDE @ 04/25/2012 at 7:49 pm

@STOP the Troll: Not enough zip codes checking in today to keep you busy?

And how do you know Alex and CT are in a PR relationship? Are you some insider?
we don’t even know if they are dating? it’s just the same old garbage coming from gossip mags

Cafélady @ 04/25/2012 at 8:17 pm

Interesting news. Is it already known where exactly the shootings will be?

@TEXAS SWEDE:#18 It seems like as would these trolls never give up – but we don’t either! lol
I guess we stand together against them just like as the eleven-metres ‘protecting-wall’ before the soccer-goal! :)

It’s nice to hear some more casting news around this movie. It seems to be shaping up to be a busy summer for Alex, much like last year. Hopefully he will be able to shoot the comedy as well with Danny McBride and Jason Sudekis.

@CafĂ©lady: Shooting location for The Hidden, I don’t think it’s been announced. There was some discussion of possibilities on the Hidden post a couple of weeks back. I think the main hope was that if they do film outside of a LA studio that i’s somewhere other than NYC or Louisiana, so Alex can see more of the US.

TEXAS SWEDE @ 04/25/2012 at 9:18 pm

@ladybug: I am hearing rumors around here of location scouts looking for a place in either Austin or the surrounding area for a summer movie shoot. Looking for an older home with storm shelter..But they are checking out Northern Utah, and Kansas also. Friend is going to let me know if the choose Texas. If it turns out to be the Hidden film I am definitely gonna bid on stills job.

Cafélady @ 04/25/2012 at 9:21 pm

@ladybug: Ahh….thanks, ladybug.
I guess it would be kind for alex to see something more of the US than only some LA studios or only the Louisianna shooting-places which he saw up to now.
On the other hand; it looks as a tight workload like last summer for him again…hope he has at least a bit time for relaxation then…

LaLaHollywood @ 04/25/2012 at 9:25 pm

Oh, if they shoot in Texas I might just decide to go visit my family in Houston. I could you a mini-vacay to recover from Coachella! LOL

Cafélady @ 04/25/2012 at 9:26 pm

@TEXAS SWEDE:Interesting texas. Sounds like as you could get a bit nice work again…:)

I hope it’s somewhere small town so that he doesn’t get harassed like he did when he was filming Disconnect. He was totally mobbed and it was terrible.

@TEXAS SWEDE: I have never been to Austin, but I have friends there. I think he’d like it. OTOH, scouting people, there are storm shelters in Ohio, too! And Tulsa(I have friends in Tulsa).
@Camille, both Disconnect and WMK were open sets, so as much as we may complain about lack of photos, it’s probably better that it goes more like The East, where it was a closed set.

TEXAS SWEDE @ 04/25/2012 at 11:29 pm

@LALA Houston is to close to sea level for underground shelters. So it would be hard to find location. It does have a couple small studios though. Now Tulsa and OKC would have a plethora of places to choose from. They still use them today.

If it is in within400 miles I will bid on it. That is if I am well enough by the time for shooting. The jobs are usually only about 2 to 4 days for my part. I can hope.

@ladybug Makes me yearn for my teen yearn for my teen years when I worked for the Navy. And for my days in Sweden Where I saw a lot of Swedish sailors. There were some even nicer looking than Alex. OMG did I just say that? :)))

Cafelady, mforman, ladybug, zola, macy, canuck, camille, chelle and all the others thanks for your support. It is not always easy to do the right thing and it helps to know some one else thinks it was the right thing also.

Be gone a couple days. See ya when I get home. Swim easy but don’t stay frosty in the water. The krockdillers might get ya.

LaLaHollywood @ 04/25/2012 at 11:33 pm

I responded to the gym comments in the other thread, should I bring them over here?

@TEXAS SWEDE: I hope you’re getting better & know I’m thinking of you.

It sounds like Alex will be busy again this summer. I’m so happy for him! And I really hope he gets that comedy.

I would think they may just use a LA stage set. Bomb shelters are easy sets to get or construct without going on location especially if alot of the action is within the confines of a bomb shelter.

The Magic of Hollywood.

TEXAS SWEDE @ 04/26/2012 at 12:50 am

@LaLaHollywood: Let’s leave those there. Maybe it will go away faster. Glad you survived Coachella.

Disney Villainess @ 04/26/2012 at 1:25 am

Sounds like and interesting film. Really excited :-)
@STOP the Troll: Wow, really, over here as well. With all those “proud to be troll”comments, you sound like a f*ckin’ loser in life, who develops a titanium-plated backbone for your online b***h sessions. TAKE A NAP. D.I.C.K.

@hmmmmmm: And that’s what I’ve mentioned, before. But, there are also scenes where the family has to leave the shelter, so that may be the location shots. And what sort of location are they looking for: Urban (but not NYC/Chicago type), suburban, small town? You don’t want to go too rural, either.

They can use my wine cellar if they want. I might even toss in a few bottles of wine…

@ladybug: It was heartbreaking to see him treated that way. Then that awful woman who wrote that story and was so rude about it. Like it was Alex’s fault that the people were mobbing him and that the crew didn’t step in very well to help him.

@Camille: That was awful.

I think beside that incident at the Disconnect set , AS had a seemed to have a great time filming in NYC. He was genuinely smiling at some fans who wanted to say hi and take a quick snap or hello then go on their way. He was able to hang out and about like a regular in the city.

People need to understand that he was working. How would they feel getting mobbed at their jobs?

concerned @ 04/26/2012 at 1:03 pm

@TEXAS SWEDE: I hope you get to take some shots when he films – my parents have a storm shelter (we are in north central texas) and they can use it if they want (just kidding).
Are u allowed to show pics you have taken years ago like of the scenery not sets or actors just the beauty of nature? I would love to see more of Sweden from someone who was living there. Heck I would love to see anything you have shot.
Hope you get back soon and feel better – check in when u can

That mob scene was brutal to see. Those people were nuts! It’s people like those that give normal fans a bad name.

Hey guys! This is totally off topic but there’s apparently a new ” game ” kids are playing at parties. They are mixing skittles and pills in a bowl and doing a type of Russian roulette grab game …..blindly grabbing into the bowl. We haven’t 3 kids in the unit now due to OD

I wasn’t sure how many of u have kids that age… so it’s just an FYI

Cafélady @ 04/26/2012 at 7:19 pm

@chelle:#44 Unfortunately it’s nothing brand new. I’ve heard of such things very much earlier already – not that it wouldn’t be terrible and totally thoughtless.
I guess, it’s a newer form of ‘test of courage’…it’s frightening what teens today must do only for to be ‘in’. I have no kid’s but nevertheless I find it’s sad.

And the methods which will used to decide who is ‘in’ and who not become more and more brutal and thoughtless.
But a further consequence of our system which destroys more and more the social bonds between the people – and that to be there for each other. And instead of this this who is ‘in’ and who is ‘out’ game, it’s gonna played from the entire society – even though on another level.

concerned @ 04/26/2012 at 7:56 pm

@ladybug: thanks so much – cant wait for pics

Alex will be doing dvd commentary for Episode 4:

Commentary on Episode 4 “I’m Alive and on Fire” by Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd (Eric) and Michael Lehmann (director)

Perhaps he’ll comment on how much acting wasn’t needed for playing drunk Eric.

@ladybug:
Great! Hopefully we’ll get to see another three piece suit. He looked so great in that.

@chelle: Kids can be so incredibly stupid at times.

Don’t forget to join Taylor Kitsch, Rihanna, Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd and Brooklyn Decker for “MTV First: Battleship” on Monday, April 30, at 7:56 p.m. ET on MTV!

@ladybug:
Nice! I actually can’t wait to see this movie. Yes it will be kind of dumb, but I sort of like big, dumb action flicks. They’re good after you’ve had a crap day and just want some fluff.

Disney Villainess @ 04/27/2012 at 11:45 am

@chelle, #44: I’m not even shocked, tbh. I read about a bunch of teens taking hand sanitizer for the alcohol content. (Speaking generally) Kids are gettin’ creative with they’re “extracurricular” activities and will ALWAYS find other ways of getting and doing what they want. You can talk to them all you want to, but unless you’re on them like white on rice, there’s really nothing that can be done……hopefully, just gotta learn from the experience and move right along.

@ladybug, #47: Thanks! Can’t wait to see his fine ass strutting in a suit.

@Disney Villainess: I’m surprised I’ve made it as long as I have in my career. It’s very disheartening some of the crap I’ve seen. Makes Me glad to possibly not be able to have kids.
@ladybug: thanks for the update!

That is good news. Hawaii bound for Alex promotion time for him again . He will be very busy i see .Any news on the film Bullies yet .

@Disney Villainess: I was on a bus, and the older man two seats over was chugging cough syrup for the alcohol content. Some people are just (badly) wired that way, sadly so.

@Strange, haven’t heard any updates on the negotiations concerning Bullies.

Disney Villainess @ 04/27/2012 at 10:19 pm

@STOP Sorry, my deepest regret is calling you names. You are always right and I am always wrong. I will post that I didn’t write this. But I did. I feel this will make me a better person. Alex is gay.

Disney Villainess @ 04/27/2012 at 11:43 pm

@FAKE F*CK ASS #59: LOL, you amuse me.. but you tried it though. Go back to the d*mn drawing board(in your case, a f*ckin’ etch a sketch) ’cause you got me all wrong. You seem so f*ckin’ obsessed and impressed by me, I’m actually flattered. Bye girl, fly girl.

Alex will be in Columbia for Battleship promo next week:

(insert asking Secret Service joke for night life tips here)

@Disney Villainess: Are you being namestolen on the KB thread?

Disney Villainess @ 04/28/2012 at 11:00 am

@ladybug: @ladybug: LOL, sure the h*ll is……*goes over there*…got to put this fake f*ck ass back in their place. Thanks for lookin’ out ladyB.:)

Nice! This movie sound like fun
I wanted to see Alex in a different kind of movie.
(The crazy fans must be having jealousy attacks and searching for “dirt” on her)

Disney Villainess @ 04/28/2012 at 11:09 pm

If anyone’s interested, there’s new photos of Skars, Rihanna, and Taylor Kitsch, for the Battleship promotion in Hawaii at Askar’s Swedish Meatballs tumblr. And he looks refreshed and yummy;-)

Disney Villainess @ 04/30/2012 at 12:07 am

59 is my post, but 60 and 63 is someone else. 65 is also mine. What is going on ladybug?!