Jessica Simpson Gives Birth to Baby Girl Maxwell!

Jessica Simpson Gives Birth to Baby Girl Maxwell!

Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson are the proud parents of a daughter!

Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl Maxwell Drew Johnson,” the 31-year-old entertainer wrote on her website.

“We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!” the statement added.

The newborn weighed in at 9 lbs., 13 oz. Baby Maxwell reportedly got her middle name from her maternal grandmother, Tina Simpson, whose maiden name is Drew.

“I can’t wait for the day I can walk in heels again! My feet feel homesick!” Jess tweeted late last month. “I just woke up from a dream that I wore a leopard caftan in the hospital. Fabulous!! Now I need to find one!”

This is the first child for Jessica and Eric, who previously said they would tie the knot after the baby was born.

Congrats to the happy family!!!

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Johnny Depp's Transcendence is expected to earn less than $13 million this weekend- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville- Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All

Congratulations Jessica and Eric!

wonder if she’ll be able to have a slim figure again

WHOA! That’s a big baby. Congrats Jess and hubby-to-be. Love the name Maxwell. It’s better than that jerk of a name Natalie Portman gave her son.

Finally!!! But congratulations to both of them.

finally! she gave birth to a 3 month old!

Gossipgirl @ 05/01/2012 at 1:30 pm

That is one big baby! Congrats, Jess and family!

hoped she would name him Bart

safireskeye @ 05/01/2012 at 1:37 pm

@Rachael: LOL, okay. It’s the internet…it’s not that serious.

WAIT! I just got told it was a girl. I read Maxwell and presumed…

Maxwell Drew Johnson? Sounds like the name of a Linebacker.

LOL!

Maxwell for a girl’s name sucks….there is no girl who would want to be called Maxwell.

Cruizin596 @ 05/01/2012 at 2:16 pm

I read that Maxwell is Eric’s middle name and the maiden name of his Grandmother. I like it. It is different, but it isn’t extremely odd. Especially since it is a family name. Here are some famous women who were gifted with men’s names – CAMERSON Diaz, GLENN Close, GENE Tierney, SEAN Young, STEVIE Nicks, DARYL Hannah, MICHAEL Learned, GEORGE Eliot, DREW Barrymore, REESE Witherspoon.

Butter_Fly @ 05/01/2012 at 2:17 pm

Don’t care for the name but congrats anyway. 9lbs 13 oz. Did the kid walk out of the hospital?

congrats gurl, love you, but it was about time lol

Max sounds like fat and well like good

I hope her and the baby are healthy. I’m not feeling the name but it’s not totally out there and it seems to have some sentimental value for the parents.

cherrie pie @ 05/01/2012 at 3:27 pm

Sentimental value or not it’s a poor choice, it’s a boy’s name, this is almost as bad as Sparrow … more confused hollywood kids no doubt and thanks to the parents !

I think her pregnancy hormones made her confused. Maxwell is a boy’s name..

While I don’t get the name I am happy for them. And that’s a big baby, hope Jess is ok

her fiance is such a doormat lol!! what is his job? wasn’t good enough to stay in the nfl???

Elizabeth @ 05/01/2012 at 6:23 pm

congratz… but Mazwell it’s a boy’s name

When she gets a boy she will name him Jennifer, or Katie, or Nicole.

cherrie pie @ 05/01/2012 at 3:27 pm #43

Thumb up Thumb down 0

“”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"”"
It is worse than Sparrow, since Sparrow Madden is a boy.

Just somepoints @ 05/01/2012 at 9:45 pm

Maxi, ok. Her sister’s named her child after a Mowgli Syndrome. Look it up.
Bronx Mowgli. Totally stupid to name your child after a mental/emotional syndrome.

Bronson would have been cuter.

Jessica’s, this would have better for boy. Sometim es unisex names work: Whintey, Sydney, Shawn, and sometimnes , they do not.
Maxwell Drew.

Drew would have been cuter since Drew Barrymore, lots girls are Drew. Still.

After Bonehead no job ugly Johnson who just hit megalotto even with a prenup, with that seed Jessica just gve birth to,, he just got paid big time nd her family loathes Nick Lachey who they did wrong.
Sorry for going there.Anyway.
Ok, Erica Drew Johnson would have been cuter.

Family name, yeah, we get where she was coming from.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All