Rihanna: I Felt 'Intimidated' by 'Battleship' Role

Rihanna: I Felt 'Intimidated' by 'Battleship' Role

A makeup-free Rihanna arrives at a hotel on Tuesday (May 1) in New York City.

Over the weekend, the 24-year-old entertainer hit Hawaii for a photo call with her Battleship co-stars, Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, and Brooklyn Decker.

“I’ll answer this, because it’s probably uncomfortable for them to say no, but I was the one that was intimidated,” Rihanna told MTV News about stepping into acting.

“You know, we have a mutual respect for each other’s industry,” she added. “I was walking into this as an amateur – a complete amateur. I didn’t know anything and I had a good team to learn from. I watched them, and especially Taylor, ’cause we did a lot of scenes together and he would always offer me advice.”

In case you missed it, check out Rihanna‘s hot “Where Have You Been” video!

rihanna chanel shirt 01
rihanna chanel shirt 02
rihanna chanel shirt 03
rihanna chanel shirt 04
rihanna chanel shirt 05

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Gossipgirl @ 05/01/2012 at 1:28 pm

She actually looks fresh and normal here. Her makeup makes her look really pale. Her real skin color is healthy and refreshing.

She Looks Like sh*t!!!

She looks like a beggar!!

PopCritic @ 05/01/2012 at 1:42 pm

wowww she is actually really pretty

She looks pretty but for some reason unknown i feel sorry for this young lady.

Oh look, she’s smiling!

OMG !! She looks totally different here .I like her with the makeup better.

My gosh that forehead of hers is huge, like abornormally huge. Makes her look like a martian.

*abnormally*

@jillyro: You know I don’t like Rihanna either, but that doesn’t mean I make fun of her looks…

That t-shirt is hilarious! What is “Channel?” Someone needs to get their money back pronto.

@boo!:
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. It’s “Chanel” not “Channel”!

@boo!:

it’s meant to rhyme with flannel, a play on words, you know?

I stand by my extra-large forehead comment. She needs bangs.

LOL without makeup she looks so uglyyyyyyy

silkisoul @ 05/01/2012 at 3:58 pm

Play on words!!!!! Stop trying to find something negative to say.

silkisoul @ 05/01/2012 at 4:00 pm

What’s with the “she looks like ****” comment? Who’s **** look that good? LOL!!!!!!

Overexposed ho

She looks like Solange in those pics

I was gonna say the only thing good about her look is the shirt until I realized it’s a knock-off Chanel. Yes it’s supposed to say Chanel not channel. Yuck.

PopCritic @ 05/01/2012 at 5:00 pm

@Daniel: lets see your face

Sorry but she and Beyonce hardly look georgeous sans makeup. I think they got the big head thinking they really look good w/o makeup lmao!!!

I personally feel she doesn’t look her best/she’s still wearing foundation, yet despite her lack of a full face of makeup she doesn’t look fresh at all/rather tired, older.
I never thought she was beautiful, I guess she’s cute…but her attitude stinks.
It’s seems to be a trend online, as soon as people see celebs “without” makeup, they go on describing them as looking gorgeous/beautiful etc.
“Gorgeous” is a strong word and in all honesty none of them look gorgeous, I wouldn’t describe many of them as looking like it even with makeup.

@rada: I think you might be right because flanel is also misspelled. So maybe they spelled both words incorrectly intentionally?

realpeople @ 05/01/2012 at 8:57 pm

she has a huge forehead and a big nose

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All