Anna Paquin: 'I'll Never be a Hipless, Assless Supermodel'

Anna Paquin: 'I'll Never be a Hipless, Assless Supermodel'

Anna Paquin strikes a pose in Marc Jacobs on the cover of Fashion‘s Summer 2012 issue, on newsstands May 21.

Here’s what the 29-year-old actress had to share with the Canadian mag:

On her True Blood character, Sookie: “There have always been aspects of her that I connect to, empathize with and understand – that’s the only way I can approach my job. You have to find a common ground with any character. I spend a lot of time with scripts, looking for my truth.”

On her personal style: “I’m not a ballgown kind of girl. I don’t think the red carpet is my prom. I prefer edgier cuts and darker designs because they suit me. I’ve learned how to dress for my shape, and I have to be able to sit, stand, walk properly and shake hands in an outfit without feeling confined. I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what looks good for my body for fittings, and I’ve taken notes. I’m 5’4″ and change! I know I will never be like Gisele [Bundchen], and I also know I will never be a hipless, assless supermodel.”

On marriage with husband and co-star Stephen Moyer: “Work does come up pretty frequently, because that is how we spend most of our year. Aside from trying to spend no more than two or three weeks apart, I’ve never been one for rules in a relationship. I don’t have any guidelines on how much shop talk we have at home.”

Bigger pic inside

anna paquin fashion magazine

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
candiceswan @ 05/04/2012 at 1:38 pm

no hunny, you won’t. average as they come.

Down to earth.

of course she will NEVER BE A SUPERMODEL. she is ugly and is a nobody…who is she again?????????????????

IMO she has the perfect weight. Not too thin. She doesn’t have a bony chest. Her face looks plump and healthy without looking chubby.

Jane Lynch @ 05/04/2012 at 2:33 pm

Gisele has a perfect ass and perfect hips. Thats why she is a super model. Don’t be a hater Anna.

@Jane Lynch: Gisele has most boring face and an unattractive body.

Drugs are bad @ 05/04/2012 at 2:37 pm

I think she has a cute shape! I like her…

She’s beautiful, modest, and one hell of a talent. One of my favorite actresses.

NYMPHETAMINE @ 05/04/2012 at 2:52 pm

Hate when women have lack of confidence about their body and compare
their bodies to “Standart of beauties”.

Love her, she’s smart AND gorgeous! We’ve seen her body in True Blood, and I wish I had one as great as hers!

Anna seems cool, but I’m not sure why she thinks it’s okay to put others down to make yourself feel better.

Some people are naturally thin and don’t need to be reminded that they’re hipless or assless. It goes both ways.

As a skinny girl, I’m getting tired of hearing about how much being curvy is better. I understand the message people are trying to convey but there’s no need to put down those who are naturally thin. Where I come from, if you don’t have a big butt and a nice chest, you’re the one getting teased.

Anna is awesome. She won an oscar as a kid and has been in HW a long time, without falling into the usual traps (drugs,alcohol,etc.) She and her super cute husband make a great couple. Best of luck to them.

@ Nancy I honestly don’t think she meant to put anyone down. She does not strike me as a mean person, but everyone makes mistakes! I think compared to most in HW, she is pretty humble.

Anna & Stephen are a great couple . Wish them nothing but the best in whatever they do . Anna has a great body and she is perfectly healthy unlike some actress or models are in HW.

I am so happy that she is making such a statement about having natural curves. Not everyone is the same size, nor can they be (even with diet and exercise). Women are beautiful period- we have to love ourselves.

Jane Lynch @ 05/04/2012 at 6:37 pm

Girl #7

Gisele@Girl:
Gisele is face is boring and she has an unattractive body? Post a picture of yourself please. I want to see who thinks Gisele is ugly. LOL!

What is she talking about? I’ve always thought of her as having a very straight up and down body type. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I’m just wondering where all these comments are coming from. First in Zoey she says she wishes her “a*s was smaller” and now she’s making it sound like she has big hips? She doesn’t. She’s not curvy or hippy and that’s fine, she should rock what she has, but she should know what it is.

she’s not putting Gisele down at all, she’s just one of the numerous celebs who refer to her as some kind of standard. Jessica Alba wants Giseles legs and says her body will never be the same after having babies,unless she were Gisele (Allure magazine) Katy Perry told Vanity Fair she will never wake up looking like Gisele. Cheryl Cole said she will never have a long lean Gisele body and shes ok with it. Emmy Rossum,Brooklyn Decker,Kelly Brook also name dropped Gisele. Besides she put Gisele + hipless supermodel in different categories. Everyone knows Gisele has a plump bum for a thin chick. http://www.flisted.com/127217/a-somewhat-underwhelming-photo-gallery-of-gisele-bundchen-in-a-bikini/gisele_bundchen_bikini_beach_naked_son_costa_rica_august_8_2011_18-450×618/

she’s the ugliest woman Ive ever seen in Hollywood. yikes those teeth are atrocious!

All that models do is pose for pictures, she’s an Oscar winner, that takes actual talent; she doesn’t have to look like a supermodel.

affreuse femme

Happy_Evil_Dude @ 05/05/2012 at 3:55 am

Looks like someone has issues with supermodels….

not to mention a good actress..
(i love true blood, I know she won an oscar as a child, but I remember in 1st season of True Blood I found her acting annoying.. you get used to it after a while, but honestly, surely hollywood has much more to offer..)

Kourtnee Nicole @ 05/07/2012 at 12:23 am

@manoman:
she is someone enough to have won an Oscar at a very young age. You clearly wanted to know more about her by reading this post

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All