Rihanna: 'SNL' Performances - Watch Now!

Rihanna: 'SNL' Performances - Watch Now!

Rihanna poses in one of the bumper images for her appearance on Saturday Night Live on Saturday (May 5).

The 24-year-old singer performed twice during the show. Her first performance started out with “Birthday Cake” before she segued into “Talk That Talk”. Later in the show, RiRi performed her new hit, “Where Have You Been”.

Unfortunately, Rihanna did not act in a sketch during the episode as she had done the first two times she appeared on the show.

Watch “Birthday Cake/Talk That Talk” below and click inside to watch “Where Have You Been”…

Rihanna: “Birthday Cake/Talk That Talk/” on SNL

Rihanna: “Where Have You Been” on SNL

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Rihanna, but that bit on Birthday Cake when she kept pouding her ***** made me kinda uncomfortable. Unnecessary :(

Didn’t care for her performances!

The where have you been one was amazing
birthday cake was eew

Nothing more than a karaoke queen. If it wasn’t for electronics to help her sing she would be asking me if I want fries with my burger…. Don’t like the truth… tuff Shite.

Love performance.

Miss Parker @ 05/06/2012 at 2:31 am

I liked both performances; she held her own. Rih is gorgeous!

Hot ass mess

I loved her performance for “where have you been” it was amazing, but the beginning of her first performance made me uncomfortable ….but still loved everything. Good job!

Looselipz @ 05/06/2012 at 2:39 am

@Ghost:

Genius comment. I concur. Total waste of my ears and eyes.

Rihanna is an artist. That performance was hard.. It’s complicated… But she looked amazing. Keep in growing

Wow – that was trashy. Don’t get me wrong – I hate when guys do that, too.

where have you been was amazing!!

Dave Franco @ 05/06/2012 at 3:46 am

I still see the fanbots are STILL defending her. She can’t sing. PERIOD.

bigwillie @ 05/06/2012 at 4:00 am

let them hater hate rihanna the hottest chick in game

im so sad she wasnt in a skit!!!!
last time she did snl, i laughed so much at the shy ronnie clip

She is a beautiful girl. But let’s get to the singing.
Ok, the first song was dumb and trashy, but her second song was way better! I wish her singing was less nasally and screaming at times. Other than that she did a little better than I expected.

still a terrible vocalist and stiff dancer, sorry.

piecesly.co.nr @ 05/06/2012 at 7:04 am

@elli:

i was really hoping for shy ronnie 3 , the second one was done with jon,…

stupidhoesheis @ 05/06/2012 at 7:45 am

Ghost that was truth and her stans cant seem to understand. She puts it out there in their face and they still say she can sing. The second performance was laced with backtracking and that made it good and we are still saying good with Rihanna after all this time. Technology has put shame on the music business. This is why she should never receive an award and the ones she have should be taken from her due to the fact she is autotune, backtracking laced artist if artist is the right word. Stop giving her awards for her IMAGE and a cult (Rihanna Navy) that buys her stuff that makes her seem more than she is. Rihanna it’s time for you to go and apply for that job at some strip club I dont believe she can handle a burger joint… Pathetic that’s what her SNL show was..

Omg she’s awful! Such a try-hard when it comes to being sexual. Leave it be Rihanna, you’re embarrassing yourself!

stupidhoesheis @ 05/06/2012 at 7:47 am

Oh yeah! there was nothing amazing about the second song, she had to strain (see her face) when dancing to remember the steps. Not AMAZING anywhere when Rihanna performs..

@stupidhoesheis:

do you really think she needs to apply for any job after all the money she made already. you are delusional lol. and she did very good, it’s not an easy stage to sing and dance there, so small and bad acoustic.

What you ignorant ******** seem to forget is that Rihanna is a Pop artist……..and her Music is mostly up-beat dance……also its SNL not the freakin Grammys………its no that serious……Rihanna can sing! point bank……..If you think its so trashy or horrible then why are you wasting your life watching and commenting? OH yeah thats right you dont have one!!!!………..So get over, yourself get some ****, grow up, and go watch someone else………..AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #NAVI #1LOVE #RIHANNA

SHE HAS ZERO TALENT

it was painful to watch… she has no voice what so ever. kinda sad that nowadays, all you need to do is touch your crouch non stop and tweet yourself half naked pics to be famous. I have 0 respect for her. I have checked couple of her interviews and she is just dumb! sad but truth. just lucky was at the right place on right time and producers actually made something out of her. otherwise, she would still be in barbados

her songs are just okay to hear on the radio, other than that she has nothing to offer, her looks and shaking her butt are a dime a dozen, and she’s lost without the auto tune

Rose1987389!!! @ 05/06/2012 at 12:02 pm

She looks totally exhausted!!! She’d better take at least a few months off before she has a complete meltdown and end up like Britney Spears or Demi Lovato.

Drugs are bad @ 05/06/2012 at 12:04 pm

As much as everyone on here seems to be annoyed with her, she still has hits….Maybe it’s teenagers who mostly buy her stuff. Adults…not so much? I will agree though, I’m tired of the trashiness…

I like Rihanna, but her music is only for DJs and dancing in a club.

The first performance vocals were a mess, I liked the second performance better. And for those who were uncomfortable w/ Birthday Cake, ummmmm hello? do you not know what the song is about? smh

Alot of this hatred that is harboured for Rihanna stems from the fact that she is not an American. Many seem to forget that before she was a singer she was in Barbados being educated at two of the best schools on the island. It is common knowledge that Americans resent outsiders, which is ironic since most of their ancestors were not originally “American”. I have heard many singers try to cover her songs and they lack her uniqueness of voice. She is different and they find that hard to accept. Rihanna will continue to use that negativity to fuel her, she is a strong young woman and refuses to crumble or conform to societal pressure. Keep your head up Robyn!

and they gave Lana del Ray a hard time….

AMAZING RIRI TH E GODDESS!!

And people thought Lana Del Rey was bad?!

we all know rihanna’s never been a great singer live, but i applaud her for not coming out there and lip syncing to a track , she sounded pretty good for ya know, being rihanna,

Rihanna ALWAYS has a tough time on SNL because its really the RAWEST show only the choruses have playback sometimes and the audience can’t make noise until the end. When One Direction “performed” they were like fish out of water without the tween screams that they’re used to. Singers like rihanna nicki minaj katy perry one direction etc. actually have to WIN OVER the crowd. KEEP PUSHNG THESE “singers” SNL!!!

I give her mad PROPS for correctly halfass lifting her leg to the rhythm. other than than, stick to pretend-singing.

YoungToraLanard @ 05/07/2012 at 1:29 am

Good going RiRi.

blah blah @ 05/07/2012 at 8:38 am

@janina: no she is not she is the best and i like her dancing!!!!

the only reason why she is famous is because she is hot…sad but true

I think she can actually sing. listen to her here at 2:07: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OhtisReIc
she can’t sing and dance at the same time but her voice is not that bad.
I agree that she’s famous for her body and not for her voice, though…
DONT GET ME WRONG please!

Haters she is Hot Sexy and Popular sorry that other artist are fading away lol

rihanna lover of alldays @ 05/09/2012 at 4:55 pm

remember she was hospitalized for fatic the next day

@Jesus:

Are you kidding me?? She was dancing her a$$ off, how is that not talent? Shes not doing some Whitney Houston ballad, she’s a f**kin pop singer performing her #1 hit because it’s in demand.

How old are you..in your 40s? If you had a problem with performers who lacked vocals and sold records, then that generation should of stopped it with Madonna and Janet…but no, rather you let them dominate as the top artist in the world for the last 20yrs…so don’t hate when the new school does the same.

#getoverit