Kate Bosworth - Met Ball 2012

Kate Bosworth - Met Ball 2012

Kate Bosworth goes glam at the 2012 Met Ball held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 7) in New York City.

The 29-year-old actress wore a Prada bordeaux and navy ostrich feather low cut-back mini dress with three Fred Leighton art deco diamond and platinum bracelets.

“This is the first custom dress that has ever been made for me,” Kate told JustJared.com. “I feel really lucky and special today.”

This year’s Costume Institute Gala Benefit – celebrating the opening of the Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations exhibition – is co-chaired by Carey Mulligan, Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and designer Miuccia Prada.

FYI: Kate finished off her look with Repossi earrings and Prada heels.

kate bosworth met ball 2012 01
kate bosworth met ball 2012 02
kate bosworth met ball 2012 03
kate bosworth met ball 2012 04
kate bosworth met ball 2012 05
kate bosworth met ball 2012 06
kate bosworth met ball 2012 07
kate bosworth met ball 2012 08

I love her make up, and the hair. She looks nice. Thank God her boyfriend was not pictured, he’s most def not photogenic. Weird looking.

what poor peacock was killed for this?
is she still relevant? i think she stepped in for kim kardashian.

OMG I also wish she would stop posing like that, like her broke both legs or something, always the two feet in. Whyyy??

That’s just a boring feather dress. She’ll never be as glam as she was in that black lace Stella MCCartney from a few years ago.

Like the dress, but she shouldn’t do her hair like that. Or stand like that.

Actually... @ 05/07/2012 at 9:39 pm

At first I thought her dress just looked like a pseudo “edgy” modern version of a flapper dress, but now I can’t decide if she looks like she’s wearing a Sasquatch pelt or if she looks like a deranged bird. (She even has a little egg shaped bun to go with the theme.)

agree with number 5 about the hair, she should never put her hair up like that, its def not flattering!

I like the color, she looks better in darker colors than in her favorite beige.
But, yeah, the drunken baby giraffe pose needs to stop.
And the bun is too severe.

She looks excellent here. Every single woman has that colour for their lipstick…

She killed and skinned an Ostrich.

@jen: That was the last time she looked really good. She looks embalmed here. Like the dress, tho.

@Be: Yes, most of them do. And it doesn’t look any better on them than it does on her.
@Actually …. This isn’t horrible. And yet, with a few tweaks, less severe hair and makeup, better posture, it would look really good.
I’m not a fan of fringe, but the style of the dress itself isn’t so bad. Though it would have looked better covering her knees.

Actually... @ 05/07/2012 at 9:48 pm

I would really like her shoes except the way she stands in them makes it look like they are impossibly uncomfortable. And whoever did her makeup messed up because the over the shoulder pictures look ridiculous with her super pale face and her tanned/sunburned back.

A lot of dark lipstick this year….I like the idea of it but it isn’t flattering on most people. It’s a tricky trend.

Don’t feel too special Kate, roadkill’s not that hard to find. And look they even left the blood stain on the front of it for authenticity.

fashionista @ 05/07/2012 at 9:54 pm

It’s wonderful! Kate, Gwyneth, and Carey M. are Prada’s guests and it seems Prada has a theme. Carey’s dress looks symbolic of the sea, Kate’s the air, and GP’s beyond the Universe. All beautiful women. Love it!

At first glance, I thought she was Leanne Rimes.

baby love. @ 05/07/2012 at 9:57 pm

why is everyone wearing dark lipstick? is it goth night? i don’t like hair like that, makes her ears look funy. i like the dress, but it seems out of place at the met.

@fashionista: Huh? How is KB’s dress symbolic of the air-the air is dark and feathery?
I will say this, KB’s looks better than Goop’s.

Dress is meh…i like the color though…but i really hate the severe hairdo and the stupid pose…

@Actually…: Oh hell! I love it!!! She’s must not have read my tweet about the drunken newborn giraphe stance… she is so tacky there just aren’t words…..

@baby love.: The goth lipstick thing is really annoying, though it appears that there are some who thankfully are ignoring that trend.

and seems that the paps weren’t too interested in taking pictures of her…notice they only took like 3 random shots and didn’t make her pose in a more cleared place, to get a better view of her…just saying…

@ladybug: RHW has the same hairstyle except she looks good. Can anyone say copycat?

@chelle: Actually, I’m not too thrilled with Rosie’s hair either. At least she’s not wearing goth lipstick.

Sweet jeebus, WTF is that, the black swan? She should REALLY stop wearing that bun on the top of her head… it’s ugly and it makes her look even skinnier, plus, isn’t this supposed to be a big fancy event? So why is she wearing her everyday hair style?
If my stylist would let me go out like that I’d totally fire him/her…

@chelle:
Well they share the same sh*tastic stylist so…
The hairdo looks severe on both of them but slightly better on rosie, because her face isn’t made of molten wax. On the other hand Rosie’s earrings are ugly, so I’m assuming they’re sh*tmint.

its a nice dress make up blah blah but this dress will be forgettable compared to all the other dresses. with 800 guests you really need to find that perfect dress.

she looks good better than that party on the weekend

I like the dress & color, but like most have said the hair & pose are awful.

actually I just noticed the reason Rosie’s hair looks infinitely better than twiglet’s is because Rosie has a lot more hair. Twiglet is going to need a full wig soon. She hardly has a bun on top.

Actually... @ 05/07/2012 at 10:18 pm

@ladybug: Kate’s definitely wasn’t the worst dress of the night, but I’ve seen the exact same thing before (or nearly the same thing). The only original part of this dress is the ombre detail (which I do like). I do agree that it would have been better with different hair. Maybe a bob (faux or real)? But I think maybe she was trying to make the dress look different from similar ones by wearing the bun.

What the HELL is going on with Kate’s lower back? Are those rolls of loose skin or her internal organs showing? I swear I think she has callouses on her knees!

@Blackcat9:
I noticed that too! She appears to have some kind of weird rippling going on there, like ribs but not really. It’s very odd.
The dress is a rip off, it’s been done before just not in that color.

Actually... @ 05/07/2012 at 11:11 pm

@Be: “Every single woman has that colour for their lipstick…”
I once accidentally bought that color lipstick once when I was trying to find a good red and wore it out because I didn’t have time to fix it. I deffinatley got plenty of shocked expressions and smartly decided to take it back right away. (Fortunately I had a couple of friends that gently told me it might not be the right shade for me, “at least not while it’s still light out. Maybe if you were going out to a club.”) It’s really not a good shade for everyone.

Why is she famous besides for dating Orlando Bloom like 10 years ago?

@Actually…:
It’s a terrible shade on many people. Also, not every single person has it on, so Be is mistaken there. There are a lot of women who don’t have it on, Cary Mulligan, Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, just to name a few.
The MET ball doesn’t exactly just bring A listers either, they invited people like Ashley Greene and we all know she’s not relevant in any capacity but I just can’t wait until some bonehead tries to make the argument that Bosworth is A list or something and that’s why she’s there. Ugh!

Texas Swede @ 05/07/2012 at 11:25 pm

@Actually…: I think she reminds me of an emu in that get up and the hairdo just reinforces the image. And just because dark lipstick is a popular thing does not mean it is the right thing for one so pasty as she.

Texas Swede @ 05/07/2012 at 11:44 pm

@Blackcat9: The one bulge on the right is he bottom rib. The ripples under it are where there is nothing between her spine and her epidermis and the endcaps of the bones in her spine cause it. Her elbows hang worse than mine. She must not have any upper arm muscle tone at all. A backless dress was a bad choice for her.

And isn’t Cher in South America? How could she have done the hair?

When you are so sickly looking and have absolutely no skin color you do not wear that color lipstick. KB truly looks like the walking dead in a cousin it costume from the Addams Family.
Why would her makeup people keep doing her hair like that, first her ears stick out and it really looks like she did something to her cheeks again and she definitely went with the collegan on those lips.
Her dress is going to be voted one of the worst of the night, just for the fact that it truly shows how disgustingly skinny she really is and it is way too dark for her, and I cannot believe she is posing like that again, with the pigeon toe look.
Also look at JJ’s pictures 3 and 5, she just doesn’t look right.
The funniest thing is that no one except JJ and MP (which means herself) was taking pictures of her. Even the paps have no use for her anymore.
This will get her attention and what is so sad it will only be negative attention, but she doesn’t care because she feels it makes her relevant.
Even Cher tweeted asking only for a photo of RHW not of KB, seriously guys that has to tell us something, and she called RHW a “dream client”, come on.
Maybe that is why KB is dressing the way she is dressing lately, she doesn’t have any help anymore.

Kate looks amazing! Beautiful!

I love everything about Kate’s look. The dress works beautifully with the theme of the Ball, her hair is perfect pulled up as she’s highlighting her dress, minimal makeup except for the darker shade of lipstick that works with the color of the dress and she has such gorgeous lips she can pull it off. I love that she’s not doing the hand on the hip pose that we see way too often. Good job, Kate.

Someone should let PETA know she’s wearing BigFoot fur.

why does she pull her hair so tight like that? it looks like it hurts.

If she had squatted and laid an egg after this stance, I would not have been surprised:

danielik25 @ 05/08/2012 at 2:57 am

This is not type of dress for Met Ball!

@Actually…: Yep, it’s basic a flapper dress, as someone else pointed out. But it was done for her by Prada, so it’s a special flapper dress!

What happened to polish @ 05/08/2012 at 6:30 am

Polish obviously isn’t good enough for her to pose with her at the met ? Where is the poor soul been left outside ? Or was he even there ?

DailyNightly @ 05/08/2012 at 7:39 am

She looks like an emu.

@What happened to polish: He’s there, I don’t know why they weren’t pictured together on the carpet though.

@Eresyn:
You’re right, most everyone else has photos where they’re the only one in the photo, or the primary focus. Not her, she’s got people wandering around her.

Texas Swede @ 05/08/2012 at 10:05 am

@Lilla: The hair is to help pull the eyes up and make them appear bigger. She uses it on red carpet affairs where there might be close ups. I guess she figures funky hair is better than crow’s feet and sagging brows.

@ladybug: Several women chose not to wear the dark lip colors. Kudos to them for going with what works for them and not for what happens to be ‘in’ at the moment. That is style and elegance done with grace.

@Texas Swede: How are you feeling? I agree, her hair is pulled really tight. It looks painful.

Oh dear Kate no no @ 05/08/2012 at 10:33 am

Gosh Kate, bit early for Halloween, that would make a nice Halloween costume.

This is Kate at the met 2010, I thought she looked lovely here hair and makeup , not so much the dress, but at least it covered her chicken legs.

I don’t know why she decided to dress like that this year, I think she looks awful.

Texas Swede @ 05/08/2012 at 10:36 am

@Lilla: Hanging in there, thank you. Yeah the pulled tight hair is an old beauty trick. I have notice she wears it that way at most red carpet affairs. Too bad she doesn’t have enough hair to do a pulled up do justice.

Am I the only one to see the severe difference between GP’s dress and KB’s? Both are Prada. Yet GP’s is elegant and stately. Beautifully done. Almost regal. While KB’s is all fluff and contrast that does not flow or anything. It just sits there. All fluff no form. And no I am not a GP fan. All of the other women in Prada had gowns that made a statement about the wearer. What statement does KB’s dress make about her?

@Texas Swede—How are you feeling? I hope things are starting to look up and that you are feeling better. Just keep being your sassy self, because that helps.
The women that did not use that ridiculous color lipstick were the true beauties of the night. They stayed with what makes them special, not like someone starring in a goth video (KB should only be that lucky), or someone begging for any attention possible.
MP was there with that ridiculous geled hair of his. He just looked like it wasn’t washed, that is not attractive.
@Texas Swede—I agree with you that KB pulls her hair back to make her eyes look bigger. Also it gets rid of those lines we see when JJ shows close ups. It has to be the most unflattering and painful hair of the night, because it literally did nothing for her and that dress was just awful. I am dying to know if Cher was involved with this, because I cannot believe Prada created something like this.
I am sorry but JJ’s pictures 3 and 5 are two of the funniest of KB, I have seen in a long time. What is that expression she is making.

@Oh dear Kate no no: The 2010 hair would have gone well with this dress.
@TEXAS SWEDE, that’s the problem with the bun, can’t wear a weave to make it look like she’s got more hair than she actually does. When she’s wearing the bun, it shows how thin her hair is.

I like the dress but is nothing I haven’t seen before and I knew she would look a mess she never looks good anymore I can’t even put the finger on it she just looks bad.

Texas Swede @ 05/08/2012 at 11:09 am

@mforman: It’s a good day for me, thanks. I think Polish was probably taking these pictures. The majority of the other starlets were shot arriving and not in the midst of others.

The handbag was a smart choice but the silver jewelry did not do the dress justice at all.

She looks flawless. The color of the dress is so beautiful. Make-up is perfect. Hair is… nice.

haha, is so funny how Lainey isn’t so harsh with Kate anymore, now that she broke up with Alexander Skarsgard… some people here should do the same: stop their jealousy.

@Annie:
Really? She’s still been steadily making fun of her and calling her a loser basically. Just because she said she liked the color of the dress doesn’t mean she likes Bosworth, it means she likes the color of the dress….and she doesn’t even like the dress itself only the color.

@Texas Swede: Nope, the photos are from Getty.

There are other celebs who had ‘busy’ photos, but hers seem much more obvious.

Well, Celebitchy/Kaiser had been nicer to her, not for the Met:

As for Kate Bosworth in feathered Prada. You know what the worst part is? Sienna Miller did this look in a now-infamous Vogue spread in 2007 (infamous because it was the subject of The September Issue). Sienna was styled with an extremely high, tight bun, and the theme of the pictorial was “feathers”. Why is The Bos so dated? Why is she the most boring feathered person there? Why did she choose that lip color? So… The Bos is my choice for the most try-hard person in this post. Lea Michele’s hungry, as always, but The Bos was a disaster.

@ladybug:
OMG that’s what it is! I was trying to remember where I’d seen this nearly exact look and it was on Miller for the September issue. I watched the documentary about it, and it was virtually the same thing. High, tight bun (possible braided too) with a bit more severe eyebrows (I see Bosworth has hers penciled in too) and the same dress. Good grief, she’s always ripping someone else off!

Whycantipost @ 05/08/2012 at 11:53 am

The bun could have worked if she had more hair, now it just looks silly.

Something like this:

She should have gone for some fake hair :/ Also felt weird that she was at the hairstylist-event with the worst looking hair ever.. EAT WOMAN! And stop spending money on drugs, buy a good hairstylist -.-

Tbh, I like the dress, but the earrings and makeup are terrible.. The dress is attention-getting enough, then don’t exaggerate and also add big details like sparkly earrings, weird eyebrows and too dark lipstick.

@Texas Swede: I’m so glad you’re feeling better :)

@ladybug My friend said earlier that she thought this look had already been done before. Looks like she was right.

Oh dear Kate no no @ 05/08/2012 at 1:05 pm

Kate had it right with this bun( 2010), we know it was a hair peace but at least it looked nice, she should have done it again use a hair peace if your bold. And trying to do a bun

This was taken when all the rumors were flying around of her and AS. 2010, not that it is relevant anymore.

She looks pretty here, and now not so much

The bun

@Annie: Go read Lainey’s blurb on KB at Coachella.

Very very chic. The Prada dresses designed for Kate, Carey, and Gwyneth work beautifully with the theme of the ball honoring Elsa Schiaparelli. She was a visionary famous for her use of texture.
@oh dear Kate no no: That picture was from a Chanel dinner hosted by Vanessa Paradis and it’s the look Rosie went for last night.

I should have added Schiaparelli was famous not only for texture but color. Kate honored that using lipstick and nail polish the color of the burgundy feathers.

KATE IN PRADA @ 05/08/2012 at 3:08 pm

Kate Bosworth in Prada: Feathers were the detailing of the night (see Beyonce and Diane Kruger) and Kate’s two-tone flapper dress is just divine. Her effortless hair together with striking makeup make this possibly the look of the night.

@coco: Yes, but that doesn’t make the lipstick or the rest of the makeup look any less goth/corpse-like.

Who let her leave the hotel with that awful tan? There is a picture of her on tumblr in a car & its so noticeable. Does she not realize that Sienna already did this look? Fashion people may like her, but Hollywood thinks she’s a joke.

lafamepoma @ 05/08/2012 at 5:42 pm

ehhhh no comment

Kate and Gwyneth are the most annoying celebrities.

Actually... @ 05/08/2012 at 6:20 pm

In my google image search to try to figure out where I’ve seen this dress before I didn’t find the one I was thinking of, but I did end up finding several more. The most similar one being a dress from Emilio Pucci’s Fall 2010 collection:

Versace did a similar dress back in 2010, but it was in yellow. Jason Wu had a couple of dresses like this in his fall 2011 collection, but the most similar one was a dress he designed for Miss Piggy for a shoot with InStyle. Elizabeth Banks also wore a similar dress by Gucci to the Met Gala back in 2010. And Fendi had a similar dress in 2007, but it was sleeker and had a full back so idk if it counts beyond also being a dark, mini feather dress.
Basically Prada “custom designed” her a fairly generic feathered mini dress. Their only spin on it was the colors.

Actually... @ 05/08/2012 at 6:32 pm

I think the hair and lips people wanted Kate to have for this event is what Diane Kruger wore to the Met Gala After Party in 2011 when she wore a Jason Wu feather dress. Of course then she would have looked just like a knock off Diane Kruger going to the Met Gala After Party last year.
celebrdee.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dianekruger.jpg

Black Cat @ 05/08/2012 at 7:56 pm

AMAZING! Everything about her look is perfect, every detail is spot on.

#71—KATE IN PRADA—-Are you actually putting KB’s name in the same company as Beyonce and Diane Kruger, these are just two of the talented and classy ladies that wore feathers on their dresses last night, KB shouldn’t even be mentioned in their company or anyothers for that matter. Don’t you think it is odd that aside from JJ, the famewhore has been left out of any and all photos as well as the articles and the live feed they showed last night. Interesting.
Her desparation for attention and her failing at it only gets worse and worse, she completed copied Sienna Miller’s look from Vogue 2007. Sorry but if she is such a fashionista, she knew it was a copy. KB doesn’t have an original bone in her body, that is why I really think Cher wasn’t that involved becaue she would have known such a thing.
This had to be one of her worst looks ever. All she did was copy everybody else.
The best part of this is that yes the photos seem to be taken by Getty, but KB is only being featured on the gossip sites she pays. None of the fashion magazines or fashion sites have featured her with good or bad comments, to them it was like she wan’t even there, because she doesn’t matter. If you really think about it she only matters to the sites she pays, how sad. I just watched E News and they featured pretty much everybody, but guess what not one mention.
@Texas Swede—-I am so glad you are having a good day, I know they will only get better and better for you as each day approaches. I myself have just received some very scary and upsetting medical news, but I will have to wait until Thursday to find out more, but I must be honest your strength, courage and the fact that you are one of the sassiest people I have ever spoken to, will make me have only good thoughts and make me remain strong and for that I thank you.
I think if KB could have clung to any of the incredible women that were in attendance she would have, but they avoided her like the plague, even RHW, and I love that Cher only tweeted asking for a photo of RHW, nothing about KB until today, after I am sure Cher read some of the posts that were made. I found that to be the funniest thing of the night, next to JJ’s photos 3 and 5 (seriously what is wrong with her face), and the photo of her posing pigeon toed and MP’s unwashed looking hair. To describe how awful KB’s face and coloring looked would take too long.

Texas Swede @ 05/08/2012 at 9:00 pm

@mforman: Hang in there woman. I will keep you in my prayers.

If someone designed a dress specifically for me that made me look so bad I would feel they were making a really bad joke at my expense. Maybe someone at Prada has a humorous mean streak.

@Texas Swede: They didn’t do any better with Goop’s dress, really.

@ladybug:
I think Paltrow’s would have been better in a different color, or if it wasn’t satin. It looked good from the side and back though. And though she’s thin, she has way better legs than Bosworth. Her knees are nowhere near as knobby.

Uhh. I hate saying it, but for the Met Gala, I LOVE this dress. The way the colors meld up to the top which matches her lips! D@mn you Kate Bosworth! Ugh. Go ahead, thumb me down. I deserve it!
Also, her hair looks really dumb.

Why aren’t there any pictures of Twig Bird with other celebs? Won’t designers custom design anything as long as you pay for it? When designers do a favor for a celeb don’t they usually talk about it or have pictures taken with that celeb?

@Texas Swede—Thank you for your kind words. I know that Prada created the dress or so says KB, but it was not for the MET GALA. This is one of the most special events in the year. This dress was for the Grammys or for one of her zlist premieres, not for this event.
Just look at the majority of the truly beautiful and talented women of HW, in their gowns that are breathtaking and then you see “Cousin It”, I mean come on.
Then we have that disgusting hair do, the two to three tone skin, her insane posing, that anorexic body, especially from the back and worse yet that make up. Yes on some of the women it was an absoutley beautiful color but on KB’s face she looks like she is playing dress up.
I think the worse part is that it highlights all of the work she has done.

@Texas Swede
@mforman

You two, or maybe I should say one with an alias, need to get a life!

I tried to post a comment on a fashion blog, nothing nasty, just pretty much what others have said about her look, ex. the color is great, hair is a mess & that this look has been done before. It was deleted…. I find that interesting.

Texas Swede @ 05/09/2012 at 12:36 am

@OMG: I have a life thank you. And I am very comfortable with the one and only name I post with. At least I have the courage to use mine to post. I do not hide behind a false sign on. So until you can deal with me straight forward frak off!

Texas Swede @ 05/09/2012 at 2:43 am

@ladybug: This is one of those agree/disagree things. Although I am not fond of the color of GP’s dress I do like the design. It had definite shape and is made to fit her body. I like the lower back hem that gives the illusion of a train. Which a true ball gown should have. Balls are for long gowns. But the times are a changing. I am no fan of GP’s but she does have the grace to carry the dress off. The dress of KB’s is more for a night of clubbing. There is no shape or form to it. It is more to hide a person than to highlight them.

Let’s be honest here, a ball is as much about glamour as it is about style. There were a lot of Hollywood people who seem to not know that. Kristen Stewart- Mega fail. Even Christina Ricci was stunning. Her dress was Retro Glam. But it fit her quirky personality without insulting fashion itself and she looked good.

@OMG—Is that all you have to say? I mean seriously we are all on here talking about the MET GALA and all you post is something that makes no sense. I truly think you need to not only get a life but also grow up.
@ladybug—With this type of event it is hard to get everybody to agree on the same things, but I have to admit I was very shocked with I think it was Ashley Olsen, (it is so hard to tell, sometimes between those twins), her black dress was not tailored very well at all. It looked like it was for someone much taller and usually she hits the nail on the head..
I also didn’t like SJP’s dress, but she really wears items that are more like pcs of art so who am I to say anything.

@Texas Swede: Too much side boob, it looked weird, didn’t like the cut. To me, it just looked odd. I know, it’s the Met, you’re supposed to be daring, but to me it didn’t really work.

@,mforman, no, this was for this event, she doesn’t do stuff like the Grammys or even the Emmys. This is her big event.. Prada is not going to custom design something for her for one of her premieres.

@Rachel (), I didn’t mind this look, it was certainly better than Beyonce, or MKO or Elizabeth Banks, or Anja Rubik. But … it could have been a lot better with just a little tweak here and there.

Hmmm, according to Lainey the Who Say thing that Bosworth always uses to upload her photos is managed by CAA. So she is probably getting paid to use it, or it’s becoming part of her PR game. It’s not just some unknown third party app, it’s managed by her talent agency. Nice! Pffffffff!

@Macy: I’d like to say I’m surprised by that, but not really. It’s a business decision for them. And we already knew that the only reason KB and MP are on is for for promoting KB. I don’t think they’re doing a very good job, but I understand why they’re doing it.

“WhoSay might be like a new form of virtual clubhouse or A list. Like red carpet events and velvet rope after-parties, the service — which is partially backed by Creative Artists Agency — is invitation-only. Given that CAA represents many of Hollywood’s hottest artists and athletes, it makes sense that this venture would be celeb-oriented. Then again, Amazon is an investor here too, so you never know if it will get released to the public someday. (That would make this one heck of a beta test.)”

@ladybug:
Oh it’s totally for self promotion for sure. I agree though, they’re doing a terrible job of it. She didn’t even promote her latest film at all, and retweeting photos of you that Polish took is lame at best.

Texas Swede @ 05/09/2012 at 5:16 pm

@ladybug: They have no idea how to use it to their advantage. They use it in a cheap and gawdy manner. Kind of like ,well you know.

But CAA has a great idea here. Used properly it could get even greater exposure for their clients. Entertainment rags, blogs, columnist, and so forth would definitely put more out there if it were not so expensive for the photos. And if the celebrities themselves are posting them then they are more authentic to the story they are with (even if story is made up).

@ladybug (#91)—-What I was saying was the dress was not approriate enough for the MET GALA. The halter top was cut way to close for comfort and it was just horrible.
As a side note Prada does design gowns and or dresses for both the Emmys and the Grammys and if and when they do this year, those dresses will have a lot more class, than what KB is wearing now.

She doesn’t look any different to me here than she usually does: bony, ill-washed and pinned. A brunette could wear this wine color with authority, but little miss show-off doesn’t have the necessary elan. In particular, the hair is a disaster. Raking back her few strands of hair to expose her bulbous forehead did nothing but call attention to her Dopey-the-Dwarf malformed ears. This wannabe NEEDS a stylist but obviously can’t afford a top-tier one. No doubt Cher passes her along to the office intern.

Why are some of the sites bashing Lea Michelle? I location her dress especially the color.
mforman, i agree with you about SJP. She always wears some of the wonkiest outfits. As for KB…I personally didnt like anything except the color. Im not a huge fan of feathers anyway. And Beyonce…..what in lace hell was she thinking?

@chelle: sorry I re enabled my auto correct cuz I can’t spell…. was supposed to say loved not location.

@chelle: Lea Michelle is considered even more try-hard and pose-hard than KB. That being said, this look wasn’t that bad for her.
Beyonce’s was just … blech.

@Texas Swede, they really don’t use it well, retweeting stuff just to reinforce your self-esteem isn’t really good promotion, though she might think it is.

Her blank gaze reminds me of a Stepford Wife.

Well, as per usual for the Bosworth, she looks and sounds so bland and empty headed. What a vacuous person. Does anyone actually care about her, at all? I don’t even understand how people can muster the fire to be vicious, to be honest. She’s just…pointless.

Texas Swede @ 05/10/2012 at 11:39 am

If she at least tried to give something back it might make a difference. People love to hate Angelina Jolie. But you have to admit she gives back to the public through her works with charities and world organizations. KB does nothing but take, take, take. I just realized here name and the word have the same letters. She expects the public to support her works by paying to see her movies, buy her DVD’s, and buy the magazines she is in. But what does she give back? I mean even leeches can provide a medicinal aid. What does she give in any way?

Whycantipost @ 05/10/2012 at 1:19 pm

@Texas Swede:

A subject for us to make fun of! :D

(other than that, nothing really, maybe the perfect anti-rolemodel, but don’t tell her that, she might twitter about feeling important then)

Arclight Films has picked up While We Were Here Int’l distribution:

“We’re thrilled to be handling international sales for WHILE WE WERE HERE,” said Gary Hamilton, Managing Director of Arclight Films. “It’s a pleasure to be working with such an outstanding director, cast and production team on a stellar feature film that includes a breathtaking performance by Kate Bosworth,” he continued.

Read more: http://movies.broadwayworld.com/article/Arclight-Films-Picks-Up-Intl-Rights-to-WHILE-WE-WERE-HERE-20120510#ixzz1uUblDfZi

@Tulip:

Nice that you care, too bad your Zero and star of the movie hasn’t done anything to promote it yet.

Texas Swede @ 05/10/2012 at 7:38 pm

@Lois: Kind of ironic isn’t. The first movie she gets decent reviews in that may I repeat may give her some recognition and she has not uttered one word about it, showed up at it’s premier, or even twittered a whisper about it. That may just save the movie. I wonder what happened with the film She was slated to do with Kiefer Sutherland. Did meeting her in Sweden while filming Melancholia change his mind about working with her?

@Texas Swede:

I believe she only got the movie with KS because she met him in Sweden. I think the movie has been scraped for now and if it ever gets made it will be with someone with box office appeal.

@Texas Swede: Film was announced a year ago, well after they’d met. I don’t think that if Fairytale of New York gets made it’ll be with her.

I’m not surprised that When We Were Here got picked up-it was done for very little money and got fairly good reviews. Still, it still took two weeks after Tribeca and those reviews to get picked up.

Texas Swede @ 05/10/2012 at 11:22 pm

@Lois: @ladybug: I guess I had my dates messed up. I thought it was talked about in December 2010. Sorry bout that.

There hasn’t been any mention of that film with KS, that Fairy Tale movie, I truly believe it was scraped.
I cannot believe she has absolutely nothing lined up, except for those classic JM commercials, she is probably going to spend the summer clinging to MP and getting her hair done and pretending to eat lunch. Even that Serpant movie has disappeared.
I still cannot believe he is still working on Big Sur, come on.
As for WWWH, I think Kat C told her to stay away. The movie is getting picked up because of Kat C, nothing to do with the famewhore. For KB to stay this quite about something that gave her one or two good notices, is unbelievable, something not very good happened while they were filming.
The most amazing thing is that KB just keeps destroying any hope of repairing her reputation and she doesn’t seem to care.

whosaidthat @ 05/11/2012 at 1:37 pm

LOVE this look on Kate! Wow! She is gorgeous when she glams up. Anna has good taste;

Texas Swede @ 05/11/2012 at 3:44 pm

@mforman:
Did you notice Rhys was at the premier last night. I think that is a clue as to the strained or broken relationship between KB and KC.

@Texas Swede—I know I saw him, I wonder if Kat C was there. They are showing the coverage tonight on E News, so I am going to looking for Kat C.
Rhys C being there is such an obvious thing.
Tell me didn’t AS just look totally amazing last night.

Texas Swede @ 05/11/2012 at 6:52 pm

@mforman: He really did.

No one like kb @ 05/11/2012 at 7:31 pm

Easy solution kat c and rhys actually like Alexanders company he looks fun to be around and they wound rather support him over Paper thin talentless Kate who nobody seems to enjoy her company not even Cher they haven’t been seen Well since forever.
And as for molish he is her hand bag charm , I don’t think she is gonna get anybody else now .no one would want a 100x used wh* re what is she 29? she is knocking it up in age she is dam right he is her life partner.

@No one like kb—-I have to agree with you. I mean when you read Cher’s twitter page now, most of them are about RHW and then a lot of them only copy RHW, what does that say.
The only time Cher talks about her or with her is when they mention JM, I think that KB has finally destroyed the only actual friendship she had, KB was trying too hard with RHW at that hair ball, it was so obvious. I felt like she was trying to say to RHW, please let me hang out with you and Cher again, please. It was just very creepy.
It really seems that Cher is now just her paid stylist, and that is it. KB doesn’t know what it is to be a friend, she is far too self centered and selfish.
I loved how except from JJ, nobody took photos of KB at the MET GALA and there were so many pictures of everybody and anybody, but just a few of her, it was like Coachella all over again, except this time she was dressed in PRADA, but that didn’t even get her noticed.
I watched Fashion Police last night and they talked about alot of people and even though she is friends with Kelly O and George K, she was not mentioned at all, even though they did a little summary of who wore PRADA short dresses. I found that so interesting.
KB is really just becoming less and less relevant, she has to see this, so I cannot wait to see what she pulls next.

Whycantipost @ 05/12/2012 at 2:12 pm

KB said on her Twitter that Prada costum-made the dress for her. I’m like whaaaaaaat?!

Whycantipost—-I know right, I cannot believe that was a “custom” made dress as she has said. When you look at Carey Mulligan and GP (who I really do not like) and the other celebrities that had custom made dresses from PRADA, they are truly fashionistas. I wonder if Cher pulled some kind of strings or called in a favor to get that “cousin it” dress made for her. There was nothing even flattering about it. The best part is Cher’s twitter, asking for a picture of RHW, but not one of KB, I also loved how she called RHW a “dream client”, and keeps talking about her on her twitter page, it is getting more and more interesting, she even sent RHW’s photo to Nicole Ritchie, because RHW was carrying a Winter Kate clutch, notice not a JM clutch, interesting. I am sorry, but it looked like PRADA just threw that nightmare together, because the halter style, with that low back and the dark color just did nothing for her and she has gotten no coverage from wearing it. Compared to what was worn at this event it did not seem a dress that was fit for the MET GALA. I said it before it was like a dress for a low end premiere or like a MTV Movie Awards or something like that.

burnt bacon @ 05/17/2012 at 9:16 pm

I was going to compliment her on not looking as ridiculous and try-too-hard as she usually does, but then I realized how many Muppets had to die to make that dress and it just made me sad. Somebody, please think of the Muppets.