Tom Cruise Talks Scientology & Plastic Surgery with 'Playboy'

Tom Cruise Talks Scientology & Plastic Surgery with 'Playboy'

Tom Cruise gets candid in an interview for Playboy‘s June issue, on newsstands May 18.

Here’s what the 49-year-old Rock of Ages star had to share:

On wife Katie Holmes: “She is an extraordinary person, and if you spent five minutes with her, you’d see it. Everything she does, she does with this beautiful creativity. She’s funny and charming, and when she walks into the room, I just feel better. I’m a romantic. I like doing things like creating romantic dinners, and she enjoys that. I don’t know what to say – I’m just happy, and I have been since the moment I met her. What we have is very special.”

On Scientology: “I have respect for what other people believe. What I believe in my own life is that it’s a search for how I can do things better, whether it’s being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve. Individuals have to decide what is true and real for them. I’m fortunate in the life I have.”

On whether or not he’s had cosmetic surgery: “I haven’t, and I never would.”

On rumors that cross the line: “If I have to, I will sue. You start with a letter saying, ‘Okay, you know it’s not true. Apologize.’ But with certain ones you have to go, ‘Okay, you crossed a line, and now you have the attention of my lawyers. [laughs] When it involves your kids, you have to go, ‘Here’s the line, and anytime you cross it …”

For more of Tom‘s interview, check out Playboy.com!

Bigger pic inside

tom cruise playboy

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Why does he have a bunch of wrinkles here and absolutely none in the W magazine pics?
And his comment about no plastic surgery-I guess he’s not including laser tightening and resurfacing, hair transplants, botox, etc etc in that category.

He def. has had lipo on his stomach.

He hasn’t had plastic surgery? LOL.

He is known as one of the nicest guys in Hollywood.. Sure Scientology is considered weird but him saying “I have respect for what other people believe“ is very refreshing in a world where everyone seems to go “Nope. that’s wrong“ when someone else has a different religion. PLUS he did a lot of his own stunts in the new Mission Impossible which is AWESOME!

Tom Cruise is STILL a beautiful and hot man!! I love him!!

Yea. Right. @ 05/15/2012 at 2:08 pm

There’s so much BS in that interview that somebody needs to come in with a shovel and wading boots. Maybe he hasn’t had surgery, but he sure has had other stuff. Does he think people are stupid? Obviously. He even makes excuses for his behavior toward brooke shields and pregnant women saying his comments were cut. The interview was LIVE!! Scientology teaches people to lie and tell “acceptable truths” to people who are not scientologists. Cruise is telling lots of them in these recent interviews.

Iffy Miffy @ 05/15/2012 at 2:15 pm

@mel: You need to read around a bit to see what Scientology is and what it does to its own followers first, it makes me shudder to even think about it. Horrible, horrible cult. And Tommy boy needs therapy. Badly.

@Iffy Miffy: I know what Scientology is. I was saying I like the fact that he respects other religions instead of bashing them.

If he respects others so much, why then did he jump on Brooke Shields and give his opinion on her taking prescription medicine for postpartum depression?? Tom knows nothing about that and it was certainly none of his business. He is so jealous of what Nicole has now and her being happy that he is trying to make people think he’s so happy. He looks so ridiculous in those shots of him in his movie makeup. Sure he can sing…who can’t these days with all the studio technical help! Plastic surgery….he’s had a nose job for sure!! Take a look at some of his earlier pictures and you will see. He’s also had a lot dental work done, but that’s not out of the ordinary! He’s a fake and is in a cult. I lost a lot of respect for Tom years ago with his charades and flaunting his romance with Katie Holmes.

I couldn’t care less about his religion or personal life. He is a fine actor that delivers in all his movies and that’s all I care about.

Well, solecito, TC cares very much about what you think of HIM, or he wouldn’t be spewing the bunch of BS printed above.

@mel: MEL YOU ARE NAIVE. WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK HE WILL SAY WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD IS LISTENING? OH NO I HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR ANYONE ELSE, THE HELL WITH ALL OTHER RELIGIONS. HELLO, ANY NOODLES IN THAT HEAD OF YOURS?

Well Playboy must have really wanted this interview. After reading it – what a fluff job. They are known for their hard hitting interviews. This is certainly not one of them. In fact, I think Tom is trying to rewrite some early history. I’ll have to try and find some of the earlier interviews about his family, but here he is glossing over his dad, the bullying he experienced etc. No hard hitting questions on the cult. Nothing on the 10 years of his life he spent with Kidman. In fact reading it you get the sense that the whole thing is scripted. Certainly not as introspective as most PB interviews!

Candid? Did he mention the Squirrel Busters, that Scientology good squad? If he’s so tolerant of other religions why does he give money to these people who persecute Scientologists who don’t want to be part of the corporate Church of Scientology and pay the extremely high fees?

Liar, Liar @ 05/15/2012 at 5:19 pm

TC is NOT telling the truth about his so called “relligion”. The abuses in scientology are rampant and Cruise himself has used members of the cult as his own personal slave laborers. The only thing Cruise learned from opening his mouth on The Today Show and showing the crazy, is to keep himself in check and tell more lies about scientology. Don’t believe me? Fair enough. Google scientology and tom cruise and scientology, get past all the nonsense video’s and take a close look at what really goes on inside this cult masqurading as a “religion”. Its dark, abusive, disgusting and very, very scary. Even more sad is that Cruise is very high up in the group and counts the guy who runs the cult as his best friend.

beaupigeon @ 05/15/2012 at 5:25 pm

WHAT ? o_O
XD

AHah ahahhfkghdg…
May be botox injection is not a surgery !

Oh ! Tom you re hilarious !

Tom is gorgeous for an older man. I dont care how weird he is. I still remember him being my dream man in Cocktail way back when, lol. and he is a good actor. we dont know him personally so who cares…thats not why hes famous…

absent father, without friends, bullyed, working young boy. I’m so sad for him. He suffered a lot…that’s why he likes fast cars, airplanes, motorbikes, adventures and..scientology. Anyway, very easy questions made by the journalist..the answers seemed planned.

some people age better than others, you see it all the time, he’s probably one of the lucky ones.
why should he talk about nicole, katie has never talked about chris klein. why people talk about their past relationships with other people is beyond me, especially going on for years about them.
maybe i’m being prissy , but but i don’t think he should have posed with topless models, even if he is playing stacee jax, he has kids, a family, not necessary , even if it is for playboy.

Evergreen @ 05/15/2012 at 6:45 pm

Honestly, never found him hot or sexy. But love most of his blockbuster action and SF flicks. He has a knack for picking really great projects and getting talent together.

Xenu French @ 05/15/2012 at 7:43 pm

Tom Cruise needs to see a psychiatrist because he believes he’s covered in Body Thetans that were blasted out of volcanoes 75 million years ago by Xenu the evil galactic overlord.

Any lies he told in his interview were necessary because he believes he’s the only gay person who can save the planet.

He has respect for what others believe? Uh huh.. Unless of of course you believe that Scientology is a bunch of hoo hah.. then what was it he said… OH YAH….. “… well, then, eff you. Really. Eff you. Period.”

UGH!!! He really is a douche bag and seriously delusional!

Why should he admit to anything more if he was specifically asked about having had plastic surgery, #6?

Or maybe the details of his life were never as sordid as you thought, #13?

italian girl @ 05/16/2012 at 6:28 am

I love his smile, his eyes, he is really gorgeous!!!
But what I am wondering is that time goes by and he always looks alike a young man. Is he sure that he is telling the truth? I think that he had some botox on his face.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All