'Big Bang Theory' Star Jim Parsons: I'm Gay

'Big Bang Theory' Star Jim Parsons: I'm Gay

The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons is publicly acknowledging that he’s gay and has been in a long-term relationship.

The New York Times interviewed the 39-year-old actor for his new starring role as Elwood P. Dowd in Broadway’s Harvey.

In the profile, writer Patrick Healy noted, “[His other play] The Normal Heart resonated with him on a few levels: Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment, he said.”

Some say Jim never hid his sexuality and addressed his relationship whenever it came up.

But Out.com notes “for years, [Jim] has lived as a gay man in his private life, but in his professional public life he skirted the issue.”

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

um this is news?

AW! I’m glad that he feels comfortable enough now to make it public!
Hope he’s happy!

I thought this was common knowledge already?

who isnt gay at this point?

Old news. Coming out shouldn’t be news any more, FGS!

LeBron's mom @ 05/23/2012 at 4:03 pm

In related news, the sky is blue…

We know Jim!!! And I still think you are sooo cute!!! Big Bang is one of the best shows!!!

this is not news.

Why would his professional persona even need to include his sexual orientation?

The question here is..Sheldon Cooper is gay too?

hottiepatrol @ 05/23/2012 at 4:12 pm

Shock of the century?

this is not news at all i mean in his wikipedia page says that he is engaged or already married so its not news.
anyways i love jim, i think he’s genious and he’s happy :) thats all that matters.

WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!? he’s 39? I didn’t know that

Who cares, should we all clap slowly for him coming out of the closet he was already out, I am gay and no one gave a good f***uck

Believe me. The Big Bang Theory is true.

Um, the only thing I’m taking away from this is that HE’S 39?!?! Man, he looks good.

Well said! your comment was refreshing to read unlike all the people who responded with “is this news?” … as you said good for Jim, he’s awesome and I hope he’s very happy!

a 10 year relationship?? Who is his boyfriend then??!

why is this news? he’s always been seen with the same cute guy at all the awards shows. he hasn’t hidden this at all.

the news here is that he’s in hollywood and actually been in a 10 year relationship ! I give him huge kudos to that !

lol am not surprised

Welcome to the 21st Century and congratulations to Jim for Coming Out.

Didn’t he propose to his bf after winning an award years ago??I’m happy for him! GO SHELDON!!

Worst kept secret.

Leenah @ 05/23/2012 at 4:11 pm
The question here is..Sheldon Cooper is gay too?
——————
The show describes Cooper as not caring about sex. I thought it came from him growing up in a very religious home and having gay feelings. So he suppresses those feelings.

He’s gay! What a shock! The shock being that anyone thought he was straight, ever.

I don’t understand why it is so freaking important that these actors and celebrities have to make some big announcements that they’re gay. Jim Parson didn’t hide the fact that he is gay, he just didn’t make a big deal about it. What’s wrong with that? It’s not like he stayed in the closet. Are people not allowed to keep their private life private anymore?

COOL EGG ROLL @ 05/23/2012 at 5:02 pm

PR RELEASE-
LOCATION!!!!!! LOCATION!!!!!! LOCATION!!!!!! PARTYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND YOUR CONTROL, THE PARTY IS MOVING!!!!!! HAHA THE NEW LOCATION WILL BE FROM IBIZA TO BARCELONA!!!!! HAHAHA TIME TO COOL THOSE HOT LITTLE HIGH HEELS!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA THE BIGGER THE JAIL, THE BIGGER THE PARTY!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

LOVE,
LET’S PARTY DOWN REAL HARD AND DIRTY!!!!!!!!HAHAHA LET’S HAVE A SNATCH YOUR CHAIN GANG PARTY!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA LET’S PLAY CON AIR!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA NO FEAR IT WON’T CRASH!!!!! HAVE FUN AND, HAVE A VERY NICE DAY!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

i’ve known for years Jim Parsons was gay. The only surprising news in this is that Jim Parsons is 39! wtf! Who cares if he’s gay? He plays Sheldon Cooper in an awesome show.
It’s been all over the internet information for years that he’s been gay. Who cares?! I love him gay or straight, Sheldon or Jim are both awesome!

Jim Parsons is funny and talented. I’m proud of him for coming out to a world that is still full of bigotry and close mindedness. Bravo Jim Parsons

@NotAGirl:
Who asked u DUMBA$$!

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 05/23/2012 at 5:14 pm

…lmaooo `some people shouldn’t even bother “coming out” because everyone already knows.

lol its obvious, i either thought gay or 40 year old virgin!

so we congratulate the men for being gay but everytime I come onto this site beautiful celebrity women are getting called fug manly man face trannies in a very negative tone. I dont see how that is progressing in anti gay bashing. Just saying. if you want to stop seeing gay bashing enough with mocking the transgendered community too.

I’m jumping on the we already knew bandwagon. I thought he was already out. I guess he had to formally announce it.

No sh*t, Sherlock… There was no need for him to say a word.

No serouisly ? xD

Wow! You couldve knocked me over with a feather with this one. I’m shocked!

He’s gay, so?? He still rocksa s Sheldon Cooper!

No one this cute could be straight :D,
good for him!

dave franco @ 05/23/2012 at 5:54 pm

He has good genes. Almost hitting 40 and still looking good.

LOL
well that’s a surprise!
NOT!
HAHA
Bazinga!

No one thought he was straight. But in a 10 year relationship? Good for him! That’s a long time.

Wow, he’s 39?!? Not too shabby…

We all knew anyway

And? His private life shouldn’t be the center of gossip

If we really want equal rights for all sexualitys we shouldn’t be publishing celebrity stories when they “come out”. Who cares about people’s sex lives and this should not be gossiped about. No news stories concern straight celebrities about their sexual orientation just who they are dating.

The ORIGINAL Miami D. @ 05/23/2012 at 6:46 pm

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
LOOK HOW MANY YEARS BIG BANG HAVE BEEN ON TV
WHO HAVE BEEN ASLEEP THAT LONG???????

I thought that, seeing as how he proposed to his boyfriend in 2010, everyone knew this already?

@Drewbee: Exactly. He didn’t even need to come out. Just walk the carpet with your man the next time, babe. No one would blink.

Elisabeth @ 05/23/2012 at 7:55 pm

Jim your awesome!!!

Since when being gay is a new??

Wow…I thought he was around 30. Good genes going for him..!!

I just love him and am proud that he came out. Although we all knew maybe actually saying it out loud was somethibgmJim had to do for himself. Whatever the case I am so happy he has somebody that he has been with for 10 years and feels comfortable telling the world. I love his as Sheldon. Would love to see him in the play Harvey. Sorry I can’t help myself. I know it has already been said. But I must say it again. BAZINGA!

VictoriaGirl36 @ 05/23/2012 at 9:03 pm

@Courtney: Yeah the fact that he’s almost 40 is more shocking then him being gay.

piecesly.co.nr @ 05/23/2012 at 9:17 pm

OH NO!!!!! (STRAIGHT FACE)…honey its old news but am happy he feels comfortable to come out… soo yaay …

piecesly.co.nr @ 05/23/2012 at 9:19 pm

@Kelly:

I swear he was in his 20′s…holy ****. Wait JJ you sure this isnt a typo…he looks GOOD

this one actually broke my heart… my favorite tv actors are all gays NPH, ZQ

I love Jim and I’m happy to know he’s been happy with his boyfriend for 10 years now! Wow! That’s awesome! Best wishes for him!

Oh WOW … It would have been a shocker if he announce he was straight.

this is not new news

I’ve been thinking Sheldon is getting old; never realize he’s 39! I guessed he could be around 30 but ……

1) Wasn’t that already…obvious?
2) Who cares?
3) He has DAMN GOOD GENES to look that young and be nearly 40.

Didn’t supprise that he is gay ? It’s good that he is comfortable and come out to public he dont need to be shame ! I love him <3

it’s an old new.he looks great in 39.

I will never except gay people. No.matter how much the change ….

I will the good old back when been gay was keep. Behind close door.

I an old fashion. Don’t want to know anything. About gays. Going are the good old days.

Love him but why is this news??????? I thought was known that he was gay. Even if he hadn’t come out and sad it is pretty obvious

I’m sorry but.. He’s 39?! WHAT! He doesn’t look it at all! That’s the only news I got from this post.

Mindy Turner @ 05/24/2012 at 2:29 pm

what Clarence said I am inspired that you able to make $8774 in four weeks on the computer. Did you look at this page LazyCash43.com

Yes, you are @ 05/24/2012 at 2:50 pm

Uh, duh, it was obvious, but I guess it’s good he said it publicly so that idiots will stop criticizing him for not being open about it. I think it is enough already, gay and straight people should not have to declare their sexuality to the whole world, it should be personal information.

Please put the personal back in personal life! Keep it personal. All I know for sure is that he seems strange, but likable.

Who cares ? he is what he is and he’s just too cool in Sheldon’s role ^_^

Sincerely concerned @ 10/02/2012 at 8:45 pm

Should be a non-issue. To me it’s like saying I like kinky sex etc.

Sincerely concerned @ 10/02/2012 at 8:47 pm

Love Big BangTheory. Would not be the same without Sheldon!!!!