'Big Bang Theory' Star Jim Parsons: I'm Gay

'Big Bang Theory' Star Jim Parsons: I'm Gay

The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons is publicly acknowledging that he’s gay and has been in a long-term relationship.

The New York Times interviewed the 39-year-old actor for his new starring role as Elwood P. Dowd in Broadway’s Harvey.

In the profile, writer Patrick Healy noted, “[His other play] The Normal Heart resonated with him on a few levels: Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment, he said.”

Some say Jim never hid his sexuality and addressed his relationship whenever it came up.

But Out.com notes “for years, [Jim] has lived as a gay man in his private life, but in his professional public life he skirted the issue.”

ABC

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

@Drewbee: Exactly. He didn’t even need to come out. Just walk the carpet with your man the next time, babe. No one would blink.

Elisabeth @ 05/23/2012 at 7:55 pm

Jim your awesome!!!

Since when being gay is a new??

Wow…I thought he was around 30. Good genes going for him..!!

I just love him and am proud that he came out. Although we all knew maybe actually saying it out loud was somethibgmJim had to do for himself. Whatever the case I am so happy he has somebody that he has been with for 10 years and feels comfortable telling the world. I love his as Sheldon. Would love to see him in the play Harvey. Sorry I can’t help myself. I know it has already been said. But I must say it again. BAZINGA!

VictoriaGirl36 @ 05/23/2012 at 9:03 pm

@Courtney: Yeah the fact that he’s almost 40 is more shocking then him being gay.

piecesly.co.nr @ 05/23/2012 at 9:17 pm

OH NO!!!!! (STRAIGHT FACE)…honey its old news but am happy he feels comfortable to come out… soo yaay …

piecesly.co.nr @ 05/23/2012 at 9:19 pm

@Kelly:

I swear he was in his 20′s…holy ****. Wait JJ you sure this isnt a typo…he looks GOOD

this one actually broke my heart… my favorite tv actors are all gays NPH, ZQ

I love Jim and I’m happy to know he’s been happy with his boyfriend for 10 years now! Wow! That’s awesome! Best wishes for him!

Oh WOW … It would have been a shocker if he announce he was straight.

this is not new news

I’ve been thinking Sheldon is getting old; never realize he’s 39! I guessed he could be around 30 but ……

1) Wasn’t that already…obvious?
2) Who cares?
3) He has DAMN GOOD GENES to look that young and be nearly 40.

Didn’t supprise that he is gay ? It’s good that he is comfortable and come out to public he dont need to be shame ! I love him <3

it’s an old new.he looks great in 39.

I will never except gay people. No.matter how much the change ….

I will the good old back when been gay was keep. Behind close door.

I an old fashion. Don’t want to know anything. About gays. Going are the good old days.

Love him but why is this news??????? I thought was known that he was gay. Even if he hadn’t come out and sad it is pretty obvious

I’m sorry but.. He’s 39?! WHAT! He doesn’t look it at all! That’s the only news I got from this post.

Mindy Turner @ 05/24/2012 at 2:29 pm

what Clarence said I am inspired that you able to make $8774 in four weeks on the computer. Did you look at this page LazyCash43.com

Yes, you are @ 05/24/2012 at 2:50 pm

Uh, duh, it was obvious, but I guess it’s good he said it publicly so that idiots will stop criticizing him for not being open about it. I think it is enough already, gay and straight people should not have to declare their sexuality to the whole world, it should be personal information.

Please put the personal back in personal life! Keep it personal. All I know for sure is that he seems strange, but likable.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All