Reese Witherspoon: Goodbye Cannes

Reese Witherspoon: Goodbye Cannes

Reese Witherspoon is cool and collected while getting ready to depart Nice Airport on Sunday (May 27) in France.

The 36-year-old pregnant actress, wearing Isabella Olivier Maternity, rested her hand on her growing baby bump as she walked through the airport.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Reese Witherspoon

The day before, Reese wore a beautiful blue Versace gown while she and co-star Matthew McConaughey premiered their film Mud at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.

After the premiere, Reese was one of the first to arrive at the Mud after-party held at the Terrazza Martini beach club on La Croisette. She spent most of the night sitting on a white leather couch sandwiched between her husband Jim Toth and Camila Alves, Matthew‘s wife.

Throughout the evening, Reese held on to her baby bump with one hand and Jim‘s back with the other. She laughed most of the night with friends including Macy Gray, who arrived later at the party.

witherspoon departing nice 01
witherspoon departing nice 02
witherspoon departing nice 03
witherspoon departing nice 04
witherspoon departing nice 05

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Kiss My A** @ 05/27/2012 at 11:24 am

Damnit. Was hoping they would keep both of their fake as sses there!

Pregnancy agrees with Reese!

Her extra-long chin sticks out as far as her belly does LOL!!

She looks great and happy.

Cool, calm and collected? She should be as all she really has to do is walk. Reese doesn’t even carry her own purse, let alone waiting in security lines, juggle baggage and all of the insults that other mothers go thorough when traveling. I would be cool, calm and collected. It irritates me that JJ and other sites act like she ia a normal person and is treated like all other people. She proclaims to be that person and she is not…phoney

Reese the fat cow @ 05/27/2012 at 12:29 pm

It amazes me that his was Matthews movie. Ut who cares about him..
It is all about her ! Forget that he us the star of the movie she just
Did war Katie Holmes did for Batman take over the movie for the star
Of it! Where is Matt leaving the Cannes or was Matt and his girlfriend
Do there! Who cares Reese is the only one there! Wow!

Worked for Cannes @ 05/27/2012 at 12:43 pm

I hear many stories about this woman Reese Witherspoon. She let go her long time pr company and her now agent husband and her do all her pr. Well I say they lie about this article. Mr. McConaughy and Ms. Alves were no where near her sitting on any couch. They were only there at after party for a bit and left. Reese Witherspoon spent most of the time on couch not feeling well. Her husband was not there all the time with her. Two woman employees went by a few times to check on her. They said she was very rude, so they stopped checking on her.

Pattycake @ 05/27/2012 at 1:00 pm

@Worked for Cannes: Reese has never learned how to treat those people around her who she considers “beneath” her, the workers, the staff, the everyday people. You’re not the first person to tell such a story.

Demitasse @ 05/27/2012 at 1:05 pm

@Worked for Cannes:

I believe you! This sounds more like her. I also noticed in all the photos of her and her husband arriving and leaving from the airports, they look sour and unhappy and rude. I follow the festival news, and I read that the movie was not a hit at the festival. I also read last year, that Reese is not friendly with Matthew’s wife, and the only reason she is around them at all is because her new husband is Matthew’s agent at CAA.

You are also right that she does nothing for herself at any airport. I would only add that since her marriage she travels on private planes most of the time, where before her marriage she traveled on private planes a lot, but not as much as now. So she has nothing to be rude about.

The photos of her on the Cannes red carpet, her dress was a beautiful color, but she looked so fake she could scarcely hide it and Matthew turned away from her in the photos. Not a “friendly” red carpet cast photo. She definitely took attention away from Matthew.

When you compare her to Nicole Kidman who I have begun to like, Nicole is more talented and real.

Where is hibby# @ 05/27/2012 at 4:13 pm

Go home Reese and be with your husband and kids when the new
One is born. E glad your older kids are old enough to spend time on their own… Once the new baby comes! Grouchy is not the word for it!

Whereis her husband at the premiere IT WAS HER movie premiere!

Big Fat Cows @ 05/27/2012 at 5:32 pm

All you lazy fat cows in here making rude comments should all get a life. You talk about Reese being phoney rude etc and you all are exactly that way! She’s laughing all the way to the bank while you all sit on your big fat a sses behind a computer.

I think she’s cool and collected because she’s not holding any bags and is about to fly first class. ;)

Demitasse @ 05/27/2012 at 5:58 pm

She looks miserable and she always pretends she is so ordinary. She tells lies about her life growing up “in the south” when everyone knows she went to private schools and she was also an army brat who lived in other places. She creates fiction and plays a very phoney role for her Avon buying, People magazine reading public. But there are so many stories about her rudeness that have been told over many years it is too obvious. I am not fat, I have a life, and I am not a phoney telling people one thing and being another. There are a lot of film stars and celebrities who are very successful. They don’t go running around pretending they are just plain folks. Maybe she feels guilty because she doesn’t really deserve a lot of the awards that were bought for her.

Shut the door!!!!! This is unbelievable!!

The actress told the magazine that she hesitated to take the role because she was worried about overshadowing the movie, but Nichols insisted that she was perfect for the role.

“I like supporting roles but you have to be careful because [big stars] sometimes pull the focus away from the rest of the movie,” she said. “But Jeff assured me it was an ensemble movie – and it was.”

I’m sure her fans will cherish the fact that she mixed with those kind people. To me, the ultimate insult to your co-workers.

Riggghht, Reese. You’re such a big famous star you might distract attention from Matthew McConnaughey who is practically unknown…LOL!

@Big Fat Cows
STFU! I will take true happiness over c unt money ANYTIME!!!!!

Whoa Matt is a big star! Whoa what warmth last hit movie that Reese
Made ? Duh can’t remember Legally Blonde! bombs away! Where
Are the photos of Matthew ? Where is her husband humpin a woman
In Cannes ? Come together but leave separate? hmmm

Demitasse @ 05/28/2012 at 7:50 am

@Dickkey:

I think Whoa was joking. Being sarcastic. Reese’s comments are laughable when you consider that Matthew is a big star and she was “concerned” about stealing attention from him. That’s how I took it.