Sheryl Crow Has a Benign Brain Tumor

Sheryl Crow Has a Benign Brain Tumor

Sheryl Crow has revealed she has a brain tumor – but it’s benign.

“I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumor. And I was like, ‘See? I knew there was something wrong,’” the 50-year-old singer told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The news comes a month after Sheryl forgot the lyrics to her hit song “Soak Up the Sun” on stage in Florida. At the time she told the audience, “I’m 50. What can I say? My brain’s gone to s—.”

“I haven’t really talked about [the diagnosis],” she said, adding that she found out about the tumor in November. “It’s benign, so I don’t have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit.”

A rep for Sheryl, who battled breast cancer several years ago, told the Associated Press the singer is “doing great and is healthy and happy.”

ABC

She is one strong woman. You go Sheryl!!!

daddyfree @ 06/05/2012 at 4:28 pm

get well soon

YOU GO GURL! GURL POWER!

lexy hates bilson @ 06/05/2012 at 4:47 pm

That’s awful! She’s a talented musician – hope she gets better!

It is too bad that she waited so long to adopt children. Health issues are more prevalent as we age and she adopted babies

mrs_fuzzybee @ 06/05/2012 at 5:05 pm

Uh just because her brain tumor is benign does not mean she doesn’t have to worry about it.

My mother had a benign tumor tumor back when I was 4. It was found because it along with her cigarette smoking triggered her to have a minor stroke. It was removing when I was just barely 5. It was about the size of a ping pong ball and completely free of cancer cells.

5 years later just before I turned 10 my mom started having difficultly walking or maintaining her balance. She started having bad headaches and nausea all the time. She feared the tumor had grown back. She was partially right. She had grown a new benign brain tumor another tumor just like Cheryl’s tumor. This tumor was again not cancerous but it grew as fast as a cancerous tumor.

My mom’s tumor started outside her brain then penetrated into her cerebellum and wrapped itself around her brain stem. The tumor then began to grow down her brain stem all the while growing and crushing vital areas of her brain. 11 hours of neurosurgery on my 10th birthday only to find out that the tumor had calicifed as it grew and couldn’t be removed.

My mom lived around 2 1/2 years before her BENIGN brain tumor crushed every vital struture in her brain and caused her repsiratory system to shut down.

Do not EVER assume that because a tumor in the brain isn’t cancerous that its harmless. Any tumor in the brain or spinal cord whether its cancerous or benign is an immediate threat the that persons continued survival. I know this because I lost my mom to a benign brain tumor that every doctor though was survivable.

Btw the term benign as far as brain tumors has a different meaning from benign in other areas of the body – benign is about its size and growth rate not whether its cancerous or not. A person can have a benign brain tumor that is cancerous and a benign brain tumor with no cancer cells present. My mom had the latter.

Michael Savage @ 06/05/2012 at 5:50 pm

Further proof that Liberalism is a brain disorder …Sharon Stone, Ted Drunken Kennedy……Scott Walker wishes you well.

Hang in there Sheryl ; you’re one of my favourite singers, and you’re going to make it again! God Speed.

Poor Woman, get well soon.

Shes such a strong woman!!hope she getts better

speaktruth @ 06/05/2012 at 6:03 pm

I’ve always looked up to her since I was little. I’m glad I’ve chosen such a strong and courageous woman to look up to then and continue to look up to. I’ll never not be a fan of hers <3

Oh no…I love her music and she has been through a lot in the past. I wish her a full recovery. God bless you Sheryl!

@Michael Savage:

So sorry your brain tumor has crushed your common sense.

Love The Shoes @ 06/05/2012 at 7:04 pm

I love her and she will be alright. She’s so strong and those boys need their momma. God bless you Sheryl! For reals.

Love The Shoes @ 06/05/2012 at 7:06 pm

@Michael Savage: I really think Walker would rather you not include him in your hate. In fact I’m sure of it.

devil's advocate @ 06/05/2012 at 8:18 pm

I’m waiting to see whether Jennifer Aniston steps forward to help
her dear friend during this crisis.

you’re all wishing her well? isnt this a hate site? I mean all I see when I come onto this site is hate and negativity #hypocrites.

She must have a time for her own soul. Go to Church. Do yoga. Meditate. Calm down all negative in mind. And thee result will be good.

Feel better @ 06/06/2012 at 9:54 am

Sorry to hear about that Sheryl!

years ago she was braggin in interviews over her fantastic physique and genetics, now she has no kiddies of her own, and got both breast cancer and a brain tumour, guess her genetics aren’t that great after all