Charlize Theron Talks Creepy Charity Blind Date

Charlize Theron Talks Creepy Charity Blind Date

Charlize Theron makes an appearance on Conan on Tuesday (June 5).

The 36-year-old Snow White and the Huntsman and Prometheus actress recalled an incident where she auctioned off a date for charity.

“Do not do it. It’s like the worst idea ever. It’s one of things, I was like, yeah I am a dumb blonde,” Charlize told Conan.

“They trick you with the ‘people are suffering’ thing. You fall for it and before you know it you’re at a restaurant with some stranger. Like you could end up in Dahmer’s apartment!” she added about the notorious serial killer.

Charlize revealed she went to dinner “with a strange man” and was so scared she had two of her girlfriends sit at the same restaurant while she was there.

“Rich people can be creeps, too!” she said. “Look, I’d rather just give the money [to charity]. It was a scary thing. And [the guy] was weird!

Charlize Theron – Conan

Bigger pic inside

charlize theron conan

Photos: Meghan Sinclair/Conaco
Posted to: Charlize Theron, Conan O'Brien

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Usually I really like her but c’mon. Even if there’s a creepy human being, it’s one or two hours of your time for something sooo important!! How could you advise against something with less effort for you and an real impact on those who need help?? Sorry I have no respect for that opinion.

LOL this girl. she never fails to crack me up!

I dunno but i find her incredibly fake. But maybe thats just me

@serena:

On the other hand, where is the problem in just donating the same money. You don’t need to go on a date with a strange guy who turns up to be some weirdo.

I bet she finds all of us regular folks creepy because we don’t have the money to shower her with gifts and take her out to $200/plate dinners. What a pretentious c(_)nt!

excelente @ 06/06/2012 at 4:50 pm

She’s right about one thing. She is a dumb blonde.

shes getting old and ugly and stupid

I love Conan! “Whaaat?!” haha

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/06/2012 at 5:25 pm

@serena:

no, there’s a lot of other things you can do for charity, and she does those things. You don’t have to and shouldn’t go out on a date with a stranger. You don’t know what kind of person they’d turn out to be, so she’s right.

well, creepy for her can be just a very nervous guy. but, blind date is a NO.
sure, if it was me i wouldn’t mind her two girlfriend joining:)))
and yeah I have serious problems…but actually a OK person so,
don’t get me wrong
she’s the ONE :)))

thank you charlize @ 06/06/2012 at 5:58 pm

thank you charlize for telling it like it is.

“rich people can be creeps too. “

Love her, she’s real, cool, funny, down to earth and one beautiful talented actress!

The rape comment was inappropriate, not cool or funny Charlize

I think this is just a sign of how hard it can be to come up with interesting stories to get the right PR. She probably checked with her publicist (like every other celeb) about working out the right ‘spontaneous’ funny story to tell before she went on…

Just wow! @ 06/06/2012 at 8:15 pm

I mean she just humiliated the poor guy on national tv! No name was said but he know who he is and so do the folks who organized the charity. He may have very well been weird but I wouldn’t have blasted him on tv like that. Those opinions you keep to yourself. Bad move Charlize!

kinda harsh. @ 06/06/2012 at 8:29 pm

I hope the poor guy wasn’t just incredibly nervous to meet “Oscar winner Charlize Theron” went around telling people how happy he was to meet a celebrity; and now is being mocked by her on national TV.
Lovely.

thank you charlize @ 06/06/2012 at 9:05 pm

he probably thought she owed him. one of those creeps who expect to get free sex out of a dinner date. yeah…one of those…

thank you charlize @ 06/06/2012 at 9:06 pm

to kinda harsh,
i;m sure he thought she was bought and paid for and therefore had to put out at the end of the night. that is the kind of rich creep she was talking about.

Purple Poet @ 06/06/2012 at 9:49 pm

I love her. Keeping it real as always. I don’t blame her. I’d just rather give the money to charity. You never know what creep you’re going on a date with if you don’t even know him. Negative people on here want to judge her for that? Get real. She’s awesome. She’s so down to earth.

Jennica Panettiere @ 06/06/2012 at 11:53 pm

Two words Charlize, Rebecca Schaeffer!

I love Charlize but what a stupid thing for her to do. If he was creepy like you would compare him to a serial killer… the last thing you want to do is talk about him and humiliate him on national television! If he was as creepy as she made him out to be, she only has to look at the news at all the celebrities that have been stalked in the past.

If he was genuinely creepy, keep it to yourselves and joke about it with your friends like most people do but keep it there. Don’t blurb about it on television.

I have a feeling it’s a made up story anyway, at least, let’s hope so for Charlize’s sake.

When she says that the guy was weird then he was weird! There are weird people among rich people also (like D.Trump, Hilton etc).
BTW: I just saw SWATH, she looked amazing and the costumes were really stunning!

Very classy..she seems desperate for attention beside she should thank him for going on a date, no wonder no celebrity want to date her ,Ryan did the right thing and dumped her ,I can’t imagine him with her. He is very sweet

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/07/2012 at 4:12 pm

@kinda harsh.:

how do you know he’s “the poor guy”??? How do you know he didn’t give HER reason to be nervous? \

You know what I’m sick of? Self righteous NON-celebs who LOVE finding a reason to criticize a celebrity just to feel better about themselves. It is pathetic. Finding a flaw, real or imagined in a celeb isn’t going to make your lives any better or worse. Get over it,. She did nothing wrong. I like that she spoke publicly, cause people need to THINK about the kinds of charities they get involved in, and don’t just do it so they can claim they did something nice. You have to be SMART too, and not endanger yourself.

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/07/2012 at 4:13 pm

@Jennica Panettiere:

at least YOUR criticism makes sense.