Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves: Just Married!

Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves: Just Married!

Matthew McConaughey has tied the knot with his longtime love Camila Alves!

The 42-year-old actor and the 29-year-old Brazilian model became engaged on Christmas Day last year and have been together for six years.

Matthew and Camila wed in a private ceremony on Saturday evening (June 9) in Texas. After the ceremony, the guests stayed in tents pitched on his sprawling property, according to People.

Camila will be taking Matthew‘s last name, becoming Camila McConaughey. The couple has two children together – Levi, 3, and Vida, 2.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Christopher Polk/Getty

wish them the best.

Congrats. She’s beautiful and will age well.

Finally!
Congrats!

Segovia Banderhander @ 06/09/2012 at 11:42 pm

Best Wishes from a fellow Texan!!!

Mrs. Gaston @ 06/09/2012 at 11:46 pm

wow, what a surprise! i didn’t even know they were engaged. a BIG congrats! they have such a cute family and seem like a happy couple. didn’t think anyone could tame good ole matthew! LOL!

This is a good photo of them. The ones on the other sites make him look like a tired old man. But he looks great here. Congrats to the happy couple. I think this marriage may have a chance at longevity.

Her green card was probably about to expire.

notyourfriend @ 06/10/2012 at 12:11 am

congrats to the whole family

taking the husbands last name is such a disgusting tradition. It’s a way of saying you’re OWNED.

@Sweetheart32: I agree. I refused taking it when I got married, even considering it’s a common thing in my husband’s country.

why must they always marry younger women?

Wow. I never thought I’d see the day when Matt McConaughey got married. Good luck to them both.

Sweetheart32 @ 06/10/2012 at 12:27 am

why are you so bothered that Camila is taking Matthew’s last name since it’s none of your business.

S@ 06/10/2012 at 1:28 am

it’s called loving her enough to want to make the commitment of marriage.

The only reason men his age marry their longtime younger ex-model girlfriends is because they’ve reached the V!agra years and their options have narrowed. Poor girl.

i thought they were already married.

Very Nice :) @ 06/10/2012 at 4:58 am

Congratulations! Wish them to be happy forever.

congrat to them

Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi @ 06/10/2012 at 5:26 am

He’s really f******ugly!! Don’t know WHAT women find in him??! His son Levi’s also not cute..took too much after his father! And his wife even got moustaches above her upper lip and lookig like a MAN!! And I’m NOT a hater, I’m just a realist.

The Brain @ 06/09/2012 at 11:54 pm

Her green card was probably about to expire.
————————————————————
Sounds like your brain expired quite some time ago..

@Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi: Hahaha! Yeah, very infantile realist if you think that the appearace is the most important thing in the relationship!!!

@oy: hehehehe

I don’t understand how a young woman falls for a guy 13 years older. Does she realize when she’ll turn 40, he’ll be 53? I think aging actors who fall for young models are somewhere pathetic.

Matthew Fan @ 06/10/2012 at 7:21 am

Well unlike very well known aging modelizers, Matthew has shown stability and self respect since he met Camila. He remained with her, had beautiful children and the two look very happy. We have never read that he was seen partying or hanging in nightclubs with other models or actresses. Their relationship looks sincere and marrying her is the best proof. Wish this beautiful couple and family all the best.

@Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi: Your comment says you have nobody in your life. Jealousy is a powerful emotion and you’re displaying it here in spades.

I have rarely seen a happier couple than these two. They look for the positive in everything they do. They each appear to be supportive of each other’s interests and causes. The age difference is not a big deal. It’s your attitude that counts.

CONGRATULATIONS @ 06/10/2012 at 8:13 am

“Alves arrived in Los Angeles, California at the age of fifteen to visit her aunt, and never left. After working for four years as a house-cleaner and waitress, she successfully learned English and decided to make the United States her home.” From Wikipedia.
So she knows what working hard is all about. I am so happy for them and they have the cutest kids.

Hehehehe

and they didn’t sell their wedding to TLC…..Mario Lopez!

Their kids are absolutely gorgeous.

I am Brazillian and i saw them in Brazil once. They are gorgeous together, their kids are gorgeous, he has nothing but love and respect for her and adores his family. He was a real gentleman with her, we saw how sweet he was with her touching her face and opening her chair for her in the restaurant, i dont see that much these days, and he has stayed faithful to her throughout their relationship. She will age gorgeous! Brazillian woman always do. Congrats to this beautiful loving real couple!

She has a lot of black in her…

Gerard Butler @ 06/10/2012 at 12:12 pm

Hmmm…she’s my type…leggy…tall…brunette…but way toooo old for me…hehehe.

Awh my fave diva, unlike most “Model” shes certainly not an attention seeker, Congrats

Iffy Miffy @ 06/10/2012 at 2:37 pm

Congratulations to the happy couple and I wish them many, many hears of happiness!!

Congrats to the beautiful couple and family…!!

congrats! gorgeous couple! and beautiful children!!!!

ahh, she’s gorgeous! i love that whole exotic thing she’s got going on

Congrats to both of them and they look great together

Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi @ 06/10/2012 at 10:40 pm

@Tanaruba: And you comment on my comment*irony*
It’s NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHat I have or not have in my life!!!
P.S. I’m NOT jealous. And NEVER BEEN!!!!

JEN IN REHAB @ 06/10/2012 at 11:06 pm

Congratulations to a beautiful couple!

@Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi: YOU ARE SUCH A LOSER. CLEARLY, ITS EVIDENT IN YOUR LACK OF EVERYTHING INTELLIGENT :)

Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi @ 06/11/2012 at 9:41 am

@SY: AND YOU’RE JUST AN IDIOT!!!! BECAUSE FIRST, THE MAIN THEME HERE’S ABOUT THE MARRIAGE OF MATHEW MCCONAUGHEY, BUT NOT ABOUT ME!!!! SECOND, I DIDN’T ASK YOUR OPINION, LOSER!!!! THIRD, WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE?!! THIS’S A GOSSIP WEBSITE AND I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT..YOU BETTER TAKE OF YOUR OWN INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And good for them for keeping it quiet!

There children are not cute especially the little girl who lkooks nothing like Matther she is ugly.

@catinca:
I agree with you..her brainhas expired and she has green card because she is a model and has business in USA before met mattew

@Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi: You are jeallous!theya re the most beautifull couple!shes a model..not has amustache! and he’s gorgeous…not belly and not fat..you must be an unhappy woman to lose your time writting bad things!

Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi @ 06/12/2012 at 4:32 am

@Angel: Well,….OH YAHOOOOO! I’M A CELEBRITY NOW!!*irone/sarcasm*..whatever you like the most!!!! HAHAAAA!

Conchita Banana Ape Camila mapped her road out. From the slums of prejudice Brazil to coming to Hollywood and accepting the fact that she must do anything she can do marry a rich man. Even if he likes men on the side as so stated in some of the websites. Golddigging monkey ugly ape looking foreigner.