Jennifer Lawrence: Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered 'Catching Fire' Role

Jennifer Lawrence: Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered 'Catching Fire' Role

Jennifer Lawrence goes for a jog following a trip to the doctor’s office on Tuesday (June 12) in Los Angeles.

The 21-year-old actress will soon get to work on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the second installment in the hit series.

Philip Seymour Hoffman has reportedly been offered the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the new gamesmaker following the demise of Seneca Crane (Wes Bentley), according to The Hollywood Reporter.

DO YOU THINK Philip Seymour Hoffman would make a good Plutarch Heavensbee?

10+ pictures inside of Jennifer Lawrence working out in Los Angeles…

jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 01
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 02
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 03
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 04
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 05
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 06
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 07
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 08
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 09
jennifer lawrence philip seymour hoffman joins catching fire 10

She has such a great body. Thank you for not looking anorexic & sick J.Lawrence.

Agreed, Pup @ 06/12/2012 at 8:03 pm

Total agreement there, pup. Yes, I’d love to have a body like hers. Thank God, they didn’t cast someone who is 6 ft tall and weights 90 lbs for this role!!

I think Philip Seymour Hoffman would be AWESOME as Plutarch Heavensbee!! Although he might have been a good BeeTee as well. i’d like to see Sam Worthington as Boggs and Kathy Bates as Coin and Eva Green as Annie. And of course, Alex Skarsgard as Finnick, although he’s probably too old for the role. I’d at least like to see him in a GOOD movie for once, instead of the clunkers he’s been in.

YEAH for Jennifer Lawrence and YEAH for Phillip Seymour Hoffman!!!

Whoever gave Pup a thumbs down before I gave him/her a thumbs up should be put into the actual Hunger Games. ‘Nuff said.

C@$HVILLE @ 06/12/2012 at 8:06 pm

WOW amazing what celebrities look like once you take away the professional styling. I just mean that she looks really different… NOT saying she looks bad. It’s nice to see that she’s keeping in shape the ~right~ way <3

Dave Franco @ 06/12/2012 at 8:08 pm

I hope he doesn’t take it. Too good of a talent.

There is no way Philip will want to be associated with that drivel!!!

Wow! She really is a plain jane!!

No way is that going to happen! LOL

Looking good, Jen. And I think Philip Seymour Hoffman would be a good choice.

She must be trying to shrink her big fat bottom!! Good luck….nothing is going to shift that!

Run Philip!

I never realized how unattractive she is

It’s funny how the same person can use different monikers to trash Jen on this site. It’s pretty obvious, lol.

There is something about her that I just can not like!

There is no way PSH will want any part of THG! He is far too good for it!

She is too in love with herself for my taste. Confidence is good but she is just arrogant.

@Deb: How is she too in love with herself?

I like her but I think she is overrated and over exposed

I do not know how anyone can like her after what she said about animals! Not cool in my book.

Haha Jared this doesn’t look like “Jennifer Lawrence goes for a jog” she looks like she’s sprinting… And she looks great!! Total girl crush on Jen.

LOL @ the same person posting over and over

Jennica Panettiere @ 06/12/2012 at 8:53 pm

Looks like she just had some type of shot.

Those that cheer her body and praise her for not looking anorexic sure would like to look anorexic so they can get boyfriends and acceptance. Please, everyone wants to be skinny and if you were, you would be calling her fat. Just admit it.

She hates animals…how can anyone like her!

@Jennifer: I agree. I am a vegetarian but my parents are meat eaters. I’m totally cool with it but I hate when they question my reasons for becoming a vegetarian and Jennifer did the same. PLus, she’s not different than Peeta (the organization she was talking about). She made derogatory comments about somebodyelse’s beliefs and criticize the exact same thing about them.

@mel: sorry, typo *Peta*

Jennifer is GORGEOUS. I love her. Talented and such an amazing actress!

@BB: She never said anything negative about animals you dumb sh!t. She called out PETA for bullying celebrities. She has a farm and knows how to raise and take care of animals. Know your facts before you comment.

Jennifer Lawerence is conceited

Hey at least she isn’t famewhoring around and overexposed like the untalented Kardashian Kristen Stewart. She’s actually talented.

Working out and still looking so beautiful. She has stunning skin, big beautiful lips, and nice hair. I really liked her in The Hunger Games. She’s an outstanding actress.

WHy are the psycho Krisbians commenting here. Go comment on some Kristen Stewart thread where she complains about her life and promotes fashion.

Jennifer has a toned and defined body I want. She doesn’t look like a skinny fat or anorexic girl. She’s beautiful and a fabulous actress!!!!

Looks hot even when jogging.

C@$HVILLE @ 06/12/2012 at 9:25 pm

@mel: LOL. Seek mental help. Seriously. Yes, thin does tend to be more pleasing on the eyes, but there is a difference between someone who is thin because they work out, someone who is thin because of genetics, and lastly someone who starves. The first two types tend to look the best.

The Hunger Games is a critically acclaimed film. I’m sure Philip would love to be part of it and the amazing cast. Jennifer Lawrence is the best and she’s an Oscar nominee.

@jo: she’s not extremely talented. She’s good at one type and people is turning her into something she’s not just because she’s the only american actress her age that could have a nice career if she learns a LOT more. Saorise, Carey, Mia are foreign so people want to have a new blond actress. Pluse, she’s overhyped. When she got signed with CAA, which is known for controlling the $hit out of its clients’s lives, she began doing a lot of sexy photoshoots to control her image as a sex symbol but in all of them they made sure to say that she’s “america’s new great actress” and this is a fact, I’m not making this up. She controls her image like the rest of hollywood, and everyone thinks it’s cool because she refuses to be skinny when nobody calls her out because she refused to lose weight for THG. She didn’t even try!!!! She says stupid things and acts dumb yet nobody calls her out. Megan Fox says something and everyone is attacking her. Jennifer strips down her clothes (although she’s an Oscar nominee) and nobody calls her out or only do it in the moment and then forget. Megan Fox strips down her clothes and is called a $lut. I say Megan but it’s the same with every single actress in hollywood. Even when Michelle Williams did a sexy photoshoot as Marilyn Monroe people ate her alive. Jennifer gets free pass because everyone is weirdly crazy with a very bad movie and books called THG. Once she starts doing other things people will realize she’s not talented.

She looks so much better than most celebrities going out for a jog. She’s beautiful and always looking so happy and in great place.

As a Jen Lawerence fan (and a kristen stewart fan) I am embarrassed when other fans feel the need to attack other actresses. For some reason some fans like to attack Kristen Stewart all the time and it really just makes the rest of us look bad. No need to trash someone to support someone else! It is a bit pathetic really.

@C@$HVILLE: WTF does your comment have to do with being a vegetarian and liking or not liking animals. If you don’t even know what you’re talking about I think you’re the one that needs helps bb.

give me a brek @ 06/12/2012 at 9:32 pm

@mel: Hey idiot. Rolling Stone called the most talented young actress. Emma Stone, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Lily Collins, all said Jennifer Lawrence is their role model and inspirate for a reason. She’s way more talented lets say the overrated annoying famewhore Kristen Stewart. I’m sure that’s who you think is the best actress lol.

Jennifer Lawrence @ 06/12/2012 at 9:34 pm

Won the Young Artist Award for Best Actress at the age of 15. She won the Venice Film Festival Award at age 17 and the Los Angeles Film Festival Award for Best actress at age 18. Jennifer then won 14 Critics best actress awards at age 19 for her role in Winter’s Bone and at age 20 she was the second youngest actress ever to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress. This was way before The Hunger Games.

Hey Twihard. Why are you here? What are you so mad about?

@give me a brek: I don’t even like Kristen Stewart. Infact, I don’t give a flying *** about Kristen Stewart and her bad acting. All those girls said that because they were probably asked about THG and wanted to sound polite and didn’t want to be hated by THG fans. Because it’s like insulting Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattinson, you get the whole twihards against you and boycotting your movies.

Mel is a very well known crazy Twihard and Kristen Stewart fan. Not surprised she’s posting under different monikers to trash Lawrence and Hunger Games.

I wonder Why do people automatically assume that if a person does not like Jennifer Lawerence then they must be a Kristen Stewart fan?? Why do their Worlds revolve around Kristen Stewart? Its kind of obsessional. Personally Jennifer Lawerence does nothing for me but shock horror I am not exactly a Kristen fan either.

I used to like her but honestly her fans put me off! Way too intense.

Hey psycho @ 06/12/2012 at 9:43 pm

@mel: Hey fcktard, neither of those chicks were asked about her. Taylor Swift answered her favorite actors were Daniel Day Lewis and Jennifer Lawrence. Miley Cyrus tweeted Jennifer was a genius in Hunger Games and looked up to her and Lily Collins said her role model is Jennifer. Emma said Jennifer was her inspiration for Spiderman.

You forgot this recent quote by Emma Stone: “I love Jennifer Lawrence and I watched a lot of her interviews for ‘Hunger Games’ — it was kind of the same thing she was feeling. She gave me the inspiration and courage to play Gwen Stacy.”

@To Mel: Holy *** I’m not a fuking twihard not I want to be asociated with that $hit that is Twilight. I only like to say what I believe it’s the truth about celebs. I do the same with all those that are hypocrites. I do the same with Emma Watson who all of you adore, I do the same with Chloe Moretz, I do the same with Kristen Stewart and twihards attack me all the time in different sites. I’m just here to call them out and speak the truth. If Jennifer were skinny she would be saying she would like to have curves because it’s sexy because people like that. People like Jennifer because she’s normal size, she’s just like you and me and the girl next door, she’s not perfect and people like support that but still, people want to be thin and it’s obsessed with being thin. She’s a people’s pleaser just like the others. She’s in a huge franchise so she’s not going to say something to mess it up. She needs THG fans to go see her other movies so she will kiss your butt.

not a twihard @ 06/12/2012 at 9:48 pm

I don’t like Jennifer but that doesn’t mean I like Kristen. I think Kristen is the sh!ttiest actress out there and Jennifer is better than her but she’s still not great.

@Hey psycho: as a Miley fan, I have to admit that Miley said that because the media tried to put the two women against each other so she didn’t want to have trouble.

I really like her. She’s a cool gal and says what’s on her mind. She doesn’t censor herself like other celebrities and she’s not fake. Doesn’t go around showing off designer clothes and things like that. She’s still beautiful out running and sweating. I can’t wait to see her in other films.

She looks great! Glad to see you don’t have to be pin-thin to make it in Hollywood. What a nice image for young girls to see for a change: someone who isn’t desperate to change their body or counting calories, but someone who just stays in shape and takes care of themselves. Good for her! Hope she’s around for a long time, because she has beauty AND actual talent.

More of girls like her, less Kardashians.

Why so many haters? Calm down.

Godamnnn her thigh muscles flexing are so sexy.

I actually really like Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawerence!! I must be the worst fan in the World!!! How can I possibly like these two talented, individual, strong minded young ladies? I must be crazy!!! Seriously why do people have to compare them the whole time. It is really annoying.

Buzzlightyear @ 06/12/2012 at 9:54 pm

I love how all the anonymous internet losers interrupt their fabulously successful lives (LOL) to spam a story with repeated hate comments. It’s pathetic. And #40 (@mel), your comment is pure blather. Go get yourself a life and stop pretending you have clue about anything, especially acting. I’m sure she needs your career advice and counseling. Incidentally, she started in a sitcom and won recognition doing comedy, as she did in films like The Beaver and Like Crazy and as she already has in Silver Linings Playbook when it was previewed at Cannes. So much for your “expertise.” And yes, CAA made her the second youngest person ever nominated for a Best Actress Academy award from a tiny indie film that was shot when she was 18. I’m sure they even arranged for the film to win the Sundance film festival before anyone ever heard of it. Do yourself a big favor and concentrate on things you don’t think are “overrated.” You may even feel better about yourself. :)

I want to be best friends with her. Love her!

guys, not everyone is a Kristen Stewart fan. Just like you’re expressing your opinions, other people do it too. It doesn’t mean that they support other actress you hate, it means they just want to speak their mind and say whatever it’s on their minds about certain actress. In this case, Jenn.
I like Jenn but I have to agree with those that said she’s overhyped. Although I think she’s not a great beauty, her personality is what stands out and that’s pretty cool. She’s not flat and speaks her mind (just like Kristen, twihards!) it’s just that she’s capable of laughing about it why we like her. And it’s oky if you give me thumbs down but stop attacking people just for speaking their minds.

@Buzzlightyear: I’ve never said she was bad so calm down and read the comments before you make derogatory comments about someone else. I never insulted her I just said the truth. She’s a good actress but she’s not “america’s greatest actress” like the magazines make her out to be. There was a lot of a$$kissery when THG came out and everyone was extremely praised. Even the movie was praised when it actually wsn’t outstanding. She’s good but she’s not De Niro, that’s what I’m saying. Plus, I’m sorry but there’s somebody else writing under the same name and people are attacking me for no reason.

I have tried to like Jennifer Lawrence but I cant. I think she is completely a product of media hype. Nothing special in any department. I did give her a chance though and maybe she will do something great in the future.

Don’t understand why people think she’s overrated and overexposed. At least she isn’t a dumb sullen loser like that Twilight star Kristen Stewart who is overexposed and overrated and can’t act. Jennifer isn’t the best actress but she’s far more talented and better than an actress who can’t act and is always looking like a sourpvss. Please more talented actresses like her, Emma Stone, Soairse Ronan, and Carey Mulligan. Less of THAT Twilight fashionwhore..

It seems THG fans are starting to turn in to monsters!!! EEEK

People complain no matter what. First it’s like why do we have Kardashians and Kristen Stewart and Twilight and blah blah blah and then now when we finally have a talented young actress who speaks her mind and has a body like Beyonce, Shakira, Katy Perry, Scarlett Johansson…. it’s like she’s too fat… she can’t act blah blah blah. Please make up your minds.

Buzzlightyear @ 06/12/2012 at 10:03 pm

After all the accolades she’s received, I don’t even know what “overhyped” means. Maybe she is just very talented. It can happen. People are free to speak their minds all they care to, but the same person is spamming comments under different names.

Over hyped and over rated

I feel she is being shoved down my throat by her fans and the media.

I’m sorry but that girl is utterly average in every way!!

The funny thing is all these Jen Lawrence fans trashing Kristen when they are actually very similar! Sure you can prefer ones acting style over the other but their personalities are quite similar. They both speak their minds and are not afraid to be different and they both get hated for it!!! And guess what…Jen really likes Kristen and vice versa!

Wow, people seem to hate Jennifer now. Well, I agree with some of these commenters about her being made up by the media but she’s talented. She might not be Saorise Ronan or, Kate Winslet at that age but she’s very good and she will probbly get better. I agree that she’s being overexposed and now, I will have to avoid Jennifer posts because THG fans are becoming twihards!!!

@Maria: Why are you on this thread then? You can click on a JLO post or something. Really no need to be here. No one is FORCING you to be here. Your welcome.

She looks great. I can’t wait for Catching Fire to start filming.

I don’t think she’s overexposed at all. We don’t see pap pics of her everyday unlike other celebrities. She isn’t going around to fashion shows and showing herself off. She lives a simple life and has been doing 5 movies back to back since Hunger Games. She must be tired and exhausted. I wish her all the best. She seems cool.

Buzzlightyear @ 06/12/2012 at 10:22 pm

@mel-So you don’t think that a 21 year old actress compares to Robert DeNiro judged over his full career? Way to go out on a limb. Why don’t you just compare her to Lawrence Olivier while you’re at it? Tough crowd. Anyway she just starred with De Niro. I’m sure he’ll share his opinion down the road.

Not convinced by her at all yet. I think people have jumped on a bandwagon and would have you believe she is best thing since sliced bread when she is not.

Please tell me who you think is a great actress then if Jennifer Lawrence is “awful”

What the h3ll is wrong with her body? Am I not seeing what you’re all seeing? I think she has a hot body. She actually has natural boobs, a toned azz that you can bounce quarters off of, nice toned abs, and great legs. I guess I’m probably the only one that finds Scarlett Johansson really sexy too. Curves are hot and there’s nothing wrong with your curves ladies. Kate Winslet also comes to mind who has been criticized for her weight. She’s beautiful and has a great curvy body. I would take a woman who has curves over one who has bones sticking out.

Where exactly in Santa Monica is this?

Wow, why is everyone so negative here?
I cannot wait until things get under way for Catching Fire. Jennifer’s going to be brilliant and if PSH is offered the role, that’s exciting! Any casting news right now is great, it means things are finally happening :)

If you don’t like her, why are you here? She’s super talented and gorgeous! And she’s NORMAL, not fat… Too much jealousy here…

I like her way better then slouchy Kristen Stewart…..

Great! PSH is such a wonderful actor! i hope he’ll accept the role; ) Jen is a really beautiful girl, with a healthy and shape body!

xoxo- She was at a fashion show like a week ago, lol, sitting front row.

Hemsworth @ 06/13/2012 at 8:44 am

@BB: what she said about animals? i didn’t heard that, because i don’t really care for her that much…

Reality Bites @ 06/13/2012 at 10:23 am

Oh please. She was making a joke about PETA attacking her for skinning an already dead squirrel in Winter’s Bone while in character (a lot of people in that region live off squirrels since they cannot afford super market meat). “I should say it wasn’t real, for PETA. But screw PETA,” she told Rolling Stone.

She didn’t say I hate animals they should all die. It wasn’t a statement about animals in general or about PETA in general. It was a joke about how she will probably be attacked by them for the scene. (eye roll).

Fit and Healthy and Beautiful

She is so pretty! Love her figure. I’m so pumped for Catching Fire =)

She grew up in a farm. She don’t hate animals…

What she said about PETA was rude and disrespectful. I can not like her now.

Deb @ 06/12/2012 at 8:21 pm

so how exactly is Jennifer just arrogant?

fat actress,fat actress,fat actress,fat actress…..she is ugly

She’s one of the most refreshing actresses to come out of hollywood. I really like her personality. She seems very normal and as if she’d be really fun to hang-out with.

Don’t let the haters (or in this case, the same person writing under different names) keep you down, Jen.

People on her are trashing her for being fat. Actually for Winter’s Bone she was a lot bigger than she is here, really looked like an average young woman looks (average size for women in America is 14-16.) She got much thinner and very fit for Hunger Games and it looks like she’s working hard to stay fit for Catching Fire. She looks like an athlete, like she could be in the Olympics, except that she’s not necessarily sculpted for any one particular sport. She doesn’t have a distance runner’s build (light and thin) and way too tall for gymnist and not buff enough for swimmer but she has a real track and field competitor’s build. It isn’t a stretch at all to imagine her throwing a javelin or high jump or hurdles or shorter distance running like relay. i heard in an interview she trained in archery with an Olympian and shot 100 arrows a day every day for 7 months. DANG. She could kick most any of our butts or shoot an arrow through them and that is no lie. Everyone loves to see someone who seems like they could actually be the character they’re acting on screen. Remember how Natalie Portman trained in ballet for almost a year, lost 20 lbs, and did a lot of the closeup dance work? She got an Oscar for that. J. Lawrence might get one for Mockingjay if she can keep her work (and workout) up for it.

Camel toe Yuck. Very ugly fat girl. OVERATED

I think she’s purty and has a rockin’ bod!

@emma: envy krisbian detected!

Jennifer Laurence @ 06/14/2012 at 4:25 am

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! Her figure is amazing and she’s quite talented as an actress. It’s nice to see younger women in hollywood promoting a healthy fit body. Besides photos of people running tend to be quite unflattering (except for the photogenic guy)

The negative comments are indeed coming from ONE PERSON and ONE PERSON alone. Pity this person if you must or better yet, IGNORE THEM.

I liked the hunger games books, but I seem to be the only one who didn’t like the movie. I didn’t like the cast and ( where I am from) animals keep getting hurt by arrows like in the hunger games movie. I know that no one can be blamed but I can’t help but think Jennifer’s comment about PETA didn’t help.