Johnny Depp Splits from Vanessa Paradis

Johnny Depp Splits from Vanessa Paradis

Johnny Depp and his longtime partner, Vanessa Paradis, are calling it quits.

The 49-year-old actor and Vanessa, 39, “have amicably separated,” his rep tells JustJared.com.

“Please respect their privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of their children,” adds the statement.

Johnny and Vanessa began dating in 1998. They have a daughter, Lily, 13, and son Jack, 10, together.

Earlier this year, the French actress responded to rumors of a breakup, telling a TV panelist that they were “all false.”

The split was first reported by Entertainment Tonight.

Best luck for both of them. I hope they remain good friends especially for their children… I love Johnny!!!!

I guess the rumors were true. that sucks :(

wandalismus @ 06/19/2012 at 1:37 pm

bummer

I really hope they stay friends!!

stupidsexyflanders @ 06/19/2012 at 1:41 pm

They were an awesome couple. Bummer.

To be completely honest I never really liked them as a couple.. but I hope they keep it cordial for the kids

maybe winona and johnnny can get back together

They fell in love because of their shared lack of teeth hygiene

KASHKJASHHKFASHDLAS omgggg yess!! finally ! he is too hot for her =)

Sh*it. I really thought they were the ones for each other. She seemed so in love with him in the interviews and he praised his family. I really hope he didn’t cheat as some say. And I am just so sad. They seem like genuinely nice people. Hoping for a clear divorce, kids don’t need any crap.

Gossipgirl @ 06/19/2012 at 1:45 pm

This is news?!? Depp has been bearding and living the single life for at least 6 months. Both he and Paradis denied that they were not together throughout that time. What’s the point of going public now, when it has been public knowledge for so long? Dumb rich celebrities….whatever!

14 years is not bad for a celebrity couple. Other than Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, I can’t think of a celebrity couple who stayed together until death.

Johmmy Sepp seems really odd and unsettled in his mind these days. Probably hates being stalked by photographers and like little suri cruise it has driven him a little nuts. sad

NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!

WINONA FOREVER!

call me Johnny :)

Is this a news? I don’t get it. The newspapers wrote it months ago.

It seems as if he’s going through some mid-life crisis. He HAD looked alcohol related bloated for awhile. It’s a real shame. I loved them together. It seems as if no one in the industry can have a HAPPY longtime relationship.

I really hoped the split rumor weren’t true.They were my favorite Hollywood couple.I always found them to be interesting.Hoping everyone and everything stays amicable.

Well if these two can’t make it there’s no hope for the rest of ‘em.

@Losa:

yes but in recent interviews they both denied it. They are not married so maybe the did so because they were getting all the legal things in order.
I always get suspect when couples don’t spend a lot of time together. Off in different places. They stopped spending together and stopped supporting each other. That is a big red flag

I certainly saw this coming…

Wow. 14 years…….. I never understood why he got with her. I don’t get her appeal. She’s not pretty IMO. I feel guys like her just because she’s tiny and has a cute face. I’ll never understand how she got Lenny and Depp. Well, she must have something. She’s lucky, at least she got ‘em. Anywayyyy this is horrible news. Especially for the kids

Wow, I really didn’t see this coming. So the rumors about their split that was speculated recently and was denied by both of them was true. I heard that it was Eva Green who caused this problem between them after she and Johnny worked on their luckluster Dark Shadow. Sad for their kids.

Seriously the dude has been having a mid life crisis for like the last four years.

@Gh: Are you serious? I haven’t heard of Eva Green since Dark Shadows.

living in a box @ 06/19/2012 at 2:12 pm

i hope Johnny’s career didn’t end up like Kevin Costner,Kevin career hit rock bottom after he divorced his wife..

Only one true love for him, and that is Winona Ryder!

Reality Check @ 06/19/2012 at 2:15 pm

If they split, there’s no hope for anybody in the show business.

@Gossipgirl:
Bearding?????????????

GOSSIPGal @ 06/19/2012 at 2:19 pm

How long before “candid” pics of Amber Heard and Johnny get released. she was just recently spotted boarding his private plane and rumors of them have been going on since Rum Diary.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! they made such a good couple:((
now he has to come back to winona ryder lol

lalalalalala @ 06/19/2012 at 2:24 pm

Shes too good for him. Hes gross now a days

Let’s not get into superficial things such as looks and careers and face the fact that they have two young children together and were adults and wanted to protect them from all of this. I hope they find happiness and love for the sake of their kids and legally, since they were not married. Best of luck :(

PLEASE GO BACK TO WINONA

Catherine Paris @ 06/19/2012 at 2:30 pm

I was really hoping that this was not going to be true.

Nothing is forever..

Love The Shoes @ 06/19/2012 at 2:37 pm

Hey, it seems amiable and I doubt there’s another person in the mix. Some people stay together forever and some don’t and it doesn’t lessen or diminish the love they have. look at Courtney Cox & David Ar?, or Angie and both her exes. Grow it up. Life is life and not a fairytale. GB their family and I wish them well.

Love The Shoes @ 06/19/2012 at 2:41 pm

@Stunna: Boy, are you that shallow? Really? I would hope that YOU would hope someone went for the deeper you over the outer one. Gee whiz! What a vain and vapid populated world we’ve become. She obviously was beautiful to him.

I knew they had split because he is moving to Nashville. He hangs out with Jack White and Johnny Depp is from the south. Born in Owensboro Kentucky. Same place George Clooney was born. I hope he opens a music venue in Nashville!

Shame that he has been with Amber Heard since the filming of Rum Diary. Wonder when that will come out.

Horrible news and the kids are at a very impressionable age = sad

Cookie_Monster @ 06/19/2012 at 3:02 pm

Everytime Angelina Jolie works with a married actor, she wrecks his marriage. Her soccer team of Jolie-Pitt kids, is the only glue that keeps her from going the extra length these days.

Yay!! She had him for waaayy too long.. I saw her in Target and she looked BUSTED with a capital T

Very sad to hear the rumours are true. I feel for the kids, though actually this might mean they (the kids) end up with more privacy in the long run because press focus will inevitabley shift away from Vanessa. It’s always sad when a long term relationship breaks down, people are really quick to lay blame and introduce third parties into it. The truth of the matter is that we (the general public) haven’t got a clue what has happened between them. I suspect they’ve been apart quite a while and if either of them has moved on to other relationships then good luck to them.

What is so special about this announcement, it’s only a verbal or written contract that thousands of people terminate everyday.

NOOOO, PLEASE NO!
I don’t know how to believe in love if Johnny and Vanessa are no longer a couple! :(

WHAT ?????????????

I guess that Johnny’s ego destroyed their marriage. That, or she got tired of the smell.

At last the fake marriage is over… VANESSA was like death to him, from all points of view… Just look at her…

i hate this one!!**** news!they belong together!!!i can not believe!!!

ALEXANDRA @ 06/19/2012 at 4:07 pm

No:( This is really sad…

He’s been b-anging his publist Robin Baum for a while now…..its not an Actress that ruined his relationship. Its been going on for a while.

This is sad news for them and their two children. What is even sadder are the comments people are making against him and her. Unless you personally know them, then keep your comments to yourself and show a little respect.

heart breaking news :(

That's It!! @ 06/19/2012 at 5:02 pm

Packing my bags and moving to LA…I’m coming Johnny!!!

@Oh, Oh could it be???: Nope…..not a bad angle

He is NOT with his publicist. He is with Amber Heard and has been since Rum Diary. They were together for her birthday, his birthday, he is even helping her with her new house. They have met previous times as well. It is no secret that those two are together.

Well then he’s been spreading it around coz he’s been at it with the publist too

Every woman in America just opened their legs

And George&stacey still together !!!!

But amber heard is lesbian …. Don’t remembre her come out

It’s sad that they broke up, poor kids…but I’ve been secretly rooting for Winona and Johnny to get back together for the past 14 years…so…maybe this wish will come true after all?

Sad, but I am not surprised that she finally kicked him out.

I don’ believe in marriage anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s really sad how no celebrity relationships last.. I hope they remain good friends if only for the sake of their children. On the other hand, Captain Jack Sparrow is back on the market! Call me maybe. Haha.

And since everyone seems to be piping in with who JD should be with next I always thought him and Helena Bonham Carter would make a great couple! But HBC is in a committed relationship with Tim Burton who’s good friends with JD so that’ll never happen.. I just think they’d be kinda cute together.

So that explains his odd and midlife crisis like behavior these past few years. That’s so sad for their kids :(

This makes me so sad! I loved them together :(

This is so sad, but I wish them the best, I hope they find people they are happy with and keep having a healthy relationship for their kids.

Hopefully now he can co-star in a new film with Winona, they are fantastic in Edward Scissorhands and it’ll be nice to see them as friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Poppy: I want a Johnny and Winona get together tooooooooooooooooo! Love the two of them so MUCH!

@Sean:
Ugh, no way, not me! Johnny always looks like he needs to be dusted off and smells bad. Just ewww.

I never liked her and thought she was homely. I couldn’t see them as a couple because they looked so wierd together.

WHY GOD WHY?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :’(

That’s just sad! Out of all the Hollywood couples I really thought they would make it. They’ve always seemed to be so in love with each other, like they actually found their soulmate. Hope they find happiness and stay friends for their kids’ sake!!

He has been publically cheating on her with Amber Heard for months. And as for saying that “they weren’t married” – that makes no difference whatsoever. Vanessa and the children are the victims of yet another pathetic cheater.

And this is what we have all done, hope and lived through the couple a fairy tale romance that so many of us applauded and wanted to believe in when finally like a blockbuster that failed to materialize the dream had suddenly come to be. Now the question is did Johnny actually have an affair…?

Johnny once said he only truly fell inlove with a woman when he was 30, and that’s the age he was when he started his relationship with Kate Moss. They were together for 4 years and seemed really happy. They decided to have a kind of ‘break’ for her to sort her love of Charlie out, and in that break he bedded Vanessa Paradis and she got pregnant within 2 months, leaving Kate Moss totally devastated, so much so that she had to be taken to the Priory for 6 months. I really do think that if Vanessa hadn’t got so conveniently pregnant, her relationship with Johnny would have fizzled out and he would have gone back to Kate. Google kate and johnny and you will see how much chemistry they had, there’s also videos of them together. Too bad she’s married to Jamie Hince now. It seemed to me that Johnny was ALWAYS more enamoured with the kids than with Vanessa, and it is no surprise that now that the kids are older, he’s left her. I feel sorry for Kate Moss, more than anyone. The way Vanessa tried to ‘trap’ Johnny and keep him from Kate really sucked imo. Vanessa had been living with her boyfriend one year boyfriend Stanisla Mehrer by the way when she dumped him for Johnny (who she had been pursuing for YEARS) so she too is a massive cheat and manipulator. What goes around, comes around Vanessa!!!! I hope the rumours of Johnny and Amber are true, just for Vanessa to see how it feels for a change.

mrskutcher @ 06/20/2012 at 3:53 am

i think the problem was that they moved back to los angeles….when he was living with his family between france and his island no break up rumours came up….and as soon they were in la all these rumours came….but thats life even if you love somebody you change or somehow want other things then your partner…its sad but i hope everything is ok for there children!!

So,the rumors WERE true,why all the outright lies from Johnny and his reps.He was caught out with another woman-Amber Heard.
Vanassa will be better off as she prefers a quiet life in France. They will not stay single for long!
Keep it good for the kids—which i think they will.

why is this a surprise? wasn’t it kind of obvious when (months ago) he had a separate birthday for his son and didn’t invite his ‘girlfriend/wife’?? — especially when he moved back to L.A and was caught getting sh*t faced at every bar. either way its sad but also gives me hope that one day i’ll marry jack sparrow.

@Micky: surprisingly i heard about this 2 (abt the cheating). or maybe they weren’t together at the time? dunno but people love him so they’d forgive him for cheating.. tiger wood style and all

NOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT SUCKS!!!!!

@Jane:
Excellent! Excellent! My feelings exactly
Kate Moss laughs

No :( They were the ones making me believe in everlasting love, that conquers everything. I thought they were perfect for each other. So sad!

@AGA:

I agree the best thing for her is to pack up her children and move to France. The last thing they need is to be exposed to their father’s sleazy behavior.

Not surprised this is a typical, textbook Hollywood ending. I though he was sleeping with his publicist.

@Jane:

Now I hope you guys all remember this when is comes to Brangelina!

@Salli:

Why are you dragging Brad and Angelina into this? They have nothing to do with this story.

Sorry to read about it. We don’t really know what’s in their marriage.
I believe their kids will be taken care of.
Depp had good things to say about Jolie after they did the “Tourist” movie. I like him for that.

oh lord the brangelinas are about.. those ‘people’ scare me. hide yo kids hide yo wife

AGAING AMBER HEARD IS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A FAMALE ARTIST

@charles: yes and jake g, tom cruise, john travolta etc etc etc etc are straight

IMO….

It is the same old story:

Daddy has to go now
and make a bunch of money.

I will be back soon.
Lots of love!!!

******************

Daddy returns.
There was no marriage seperation at all.
It was just business. The job. The seperation of space
and not a break up at all.

IMO, Depp loves this woman
and his family….more than ANYTHING,
and he will be with them until the end of time.

(Thank you very much.)

Amber Heard is a Lesbian. You really think the great Johnny Depp could change that? Come on ppl ~ She’s gay.

Oh come on…someone needs to get them back togheter :P

so they were together for 14 years and had kids and not once in that time did he think to make that commitment to her and marry her???!!!! hmmmmm commitment phobe anyone???? he obviously wasnt sure about the relationship if he never thought to marry and did she!!! i saw this coming years ago! not at all surprised

lafamepoma @ 06/20/2012 at 1:41 pm

nooooo,they fit very much, i hope they get back together soon, i have never expected that they could split, get back together soon, my wish

angie slept with johnny @ 06/20/2012 at 3:01 pm

angelina jolie the top hollywood homewrecker, america town pump has destroyed another marriage, when will this hoe ever stop

are he and Kate moss doing cokie again?

@mimi: do you honestly believe that without a party and a ring people aren’t able to commit to each other? Sometimes two people who aren’t married can have a longer healthier relationship then two people who are. It’s incredibly naive of you to think that marriage is some sort of magic commitment potion! They were 14 years together and throughout those years both of them have publicly demonstrated their love for each other… their relationship is over but that doesn’t diminish what they had together, and the fact that they weren’t married doesn’t say anything about their level of commitment… they have two kids and were together for over a decade, those are the facts.

@angie slept with johnny:

Geezus, Brad. Find that leash from those S&M photos and keep around her neck!

La Femme Jolie @ 06/20/2012 at 3:51 pm

Before that book came out, I know that Depp and DiCaprio were the two on her list of actors she wanted to work with. Leo is next? ouch…but what the hell. She is the most beautiful woman in the world.

WICKED WENCH @ 06/20/2012 at 4:07 pm

This makes me very sad.

@WICKED WENCH:

Who do you mean? do you mean the post at 108 is a we nch?

@<a href="/2012/06/19/johnny-depp-splits-from-vanessa-paradis/comment-page-5/

How exactly would you know this? Were you hiding under the bed when they were doing it? Are you some kind of perv? Enquiring minds need to know.

Yeah, we’ve heard about it a couple of months ago but I guess they were announcing it this time. Well, Johnny can call me. Only if it’s for dinner. I’ll be fine and ready for it. hahaha

Not surprised. They have been apart for years. I do think both are liars as they didnt want to admit it and call the public stupid. I think one is gay and the other is a druggie. Lets see what the dog drags in next. Might be a Manson or an Alice.

@ana m.: @ana m.: I subscribe. Marriage isn’t necessary anymore and it is not a proof of love at all.

I’m so sorry for this news…I can’t believe it,they love each other and they have 2 beautiful kids..but what can we do?.this is their business and I hope they can work it out someday…I gonna always support him forever,I love you so much Johnny and I wish you the best ever..God bless you and your family too.I only hope he could find a good woman now…not a ***** or an idiot,a woman to take care of him.

In other hand…@104,@108 and @109..do you really think that?..do you all think that angie is the only woman in the world?..come on! There are MANY problems in a marriage..and there are many beautiful gilrs too, angelina has nothing to do with this, and Johnny rejected her in that movie..he is NOT interested in her..when you all gonna understand it?

That’s very sad..But it was reported months ago..
They looked amazing together!
It sucks that relationships in Hollywood don’t seem to work :(

I can’t beleive all of the speculations. The poor man. The article says he flies to LA several times a week. Duh, I assume that is where his kids are, with a full staff and nanny. any man who will admit to playing Barbies all day is a great dad. So there is one rumor blown down.

Eva Green said in an interview that she would have to fly home and tell her boyfriend the latest rumors. So there is that rumor.

Maybe he is really just friends with Heard. Maybe she listens well and is empathetic. I’m sure that no matter whose “fault” the break up is, I’m sure it is painful for both Depp and VP.

I read a quote that he was “Bored to Tears” with Vanessa. How hateful. How needless. why do people write this stuff? How would they know? He’s nothing if not private. I can’t see him being close friends with people who would run to some wanna be gossip columnist.

I’m sure that Depp will date women, he did before VP [some of the most beautiful in the world]. I think it’s so natural coming out of a 14 year relationship to want to go out with different people, to hear different stories and to be a different person around them. What’s the problem?? They weren’t married so it’s not adultery.

So if he buys Heard a horse so she can ride trails with him. A horse. You can buy a decent horse for $700. Big deal? One gossip idot said, “When is the last time he bought VP a horse?” Well he gave VP One HUNDRED Million dollars. And maybe that was their problem, maybe he couldn’t ride desert trails and have deep talks with her anymore. People change and grow apart.

I just wish that gossip mongers and readers would “Allow” him to be himself and to have some privacy and stop making up stuff. I believe it when I see a video of it coming out of his mouth and not before. Even photos can be doctored.

Methinks... Heh! @ 06/22/2012 at 10:38 pm

They never married for a reason. And Vanessa transformed from beauty into snaggle-tooth. Depp is at the age where he is likely re-examining his life. Looking at the witch by his side when he’s playing alongside healthy, vibrant Jolie and Heard? It was bound to happen. Men DO like shiny. Even if they complain about your makeup, if that’s how you were at the start, keep doing it. Johnny looks like a drug addict, but men seem to believe it’s okay for them, and women have let them get away with it for far too long.

The comment that Vanessa gave for their divorce sounded so sad.. and the comment from Depp made me really annoyed…

Oh no, they were such an amazing couple!!!! So sorry! I thought Depp and Paradis had been the strongest couple in Hollywiid. Bummer….

@Karojen…I agree with you,the press want make Johnny looks like a bad person..AND HE IS NOT! HE LOVED VANESSA AND HE DIDN’T WANT IT OVER!Leave him alone!

Oh seriously, this is NOT OFFICIAL! Vanessa said in a magazine that those rumors are a lot of harm to her children and family.

This is bullshit.
It’s just something to make people read the newspapers. They are still together.

I knew it was over a long time ago! I mean she didn’t even accompany him to the Oscars when he was nominated for an academy award for the Tourist! I guess it was true that Vanessa was against Johnny doing that film because she was jealous of Angelina Jolie. Not saying that they hooked up, but obviosly Vanessa was not supporting Johnny way back then. She hasn’t been with him at ANY of his Film premiers, so it all paints the picture. I think it is really sad the way Johnny is behaiving now. I mean yuck!!! Boning 20 something year olds and drinking and embarracing himself and his kids with this whole stupid mid life crisis. Oh well we all know how this story goes…same old thing. I just thought mabey Johnny Depp was above it but apparantly NOT!