Keira Knightley & Jude Law's 'Anna Karenina' Trailer - Watch Now!

Keira Knightley & Jude Law's 'Anna Karenina' Trailer - Watch Now!

Check out Keira Knightley, Aaron Johnson, and Jude Law in the poster and trailer for Anna Karenina!

Synopsis: The story unfolds in its original late-19th-century Russia high-society setting and powerfully explores the capacity for love that surges through the human heart, from the passion between adulterers to the bond between a mother and her children. As Anna (Knightley) questions her happiness, change comes to her family, friends, and community.

The drama, in select theaters November 9, is based on Leo Tolstoy‘s classic novel.

Joe Wright, who previously worked with Keira on Pride & Prejudice and Atonement, will direct the movie.

Bigger poster inside

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Great novel, great Keira. I will watch this.

Sebastion @ 06/20/2012 at 4:33 pm

This has OSCAR written all over it. I cant wait to see this.

Rose1987389!!! @ 06/20/2012 at 4:33 pm

“An Epic Story of Love”??? Please!! Yet another movie glamorizing infidelity!! I’ll pass thank you!

My most favorite book ever!! I am so looking forward to see this movie. The trailer looks amazing! I think, Keira also looks great as Anna. The music of the trailer is soo beautiful, I would like to know the name of that music.

But I am still not convinced on Aaron as Vronsky. Maybe after watching the movie I will get used to him.

WICKED WENCH @ 06/20/2012 at 4:47 pm

I love the Russian writers – Tolstoy is definitely a favorite. I want to hear some reviews first, however, to know how close to the book it is.

I can see the Oscar’s!!!

Keira always does the same films….She reminds me of Angelina Jolie.

Keira- Time period dramas
Angelina- Action films

sweetness @ 06/20/2012 at 5:10 pm

she looks stunning and the film looks gorgeous.

This looks stunning. Keira looks incredible and the concept is breathtaking. Joe Wright is such a talent.

Please, she can’t come close to Greta Garbo and Vivien Leigh .

I can’t wait to see Jude Law in this!

@Anon:

But they’re dead, so it doesn’t really matter does it?
Who cares is she does a lot of period films? She goes for roles that she’s interested in I’m sure irrespective of the period they’re set in. Really great female leading roles aren’t easy to come across and who would turn down such an iconic role?
The film looks stunning and the cast looks perfect so far.

Who wouldn’t get adulterous with a guy like Aaron Johnson ? XD I wouldn’t even hesitate hehe. Alright, alright, I’m kidding…. well, not really. Anyway!! I AM SO WATCHING THIS MOVIE..

@rach: They are dead?? is that your answer? Does that mean she will be as good as them just because they are dead ?. What a lousy comeback.Have respect for the classics.

dolorescraeg @ 06/20/2012 at 5:56 pm

this looks visually stunning. one of the greatest novels ever written. joe wright will give it a new spin. jude law looks amazing……films like this are too rare today.

Typical Keira Knightly movie, take a classic story and add many sex scenes.

@Anon:
Neither of us have seen the film yet so you are in no place to make the statement you did are you? I never said she would be better than them did I? I would have to see the film to be able to say that. I was merely suggesting that it would be those well versed in cinematic history who even knew Garbo and Leigh had played the role. I would think if people were to compare her Karenina to anyone it would be Sophie Marceau in the 1997 version. In the long term both Garbo and Leigh had long careers and it’s difficult to say Keira won’t be considered one of the great screen stars of her generation when she’s barely into a career.

LEV TOLSZTOJ!

And not Leo Tolstoy.

thanks jared..this trailer looks stunning<3

that actually looks really good! saw the original version like 6 years ago in school (even in russian so I almost understood nothing but knew what the storyline was). I also saw a ballet of Anna Karenina in my hometown which was amazing!

Can’t wait for that movie! With great Jude Law and Aaron Johnson. I’m not a huge Keira Knightley fan but she fits perfectly for that role!

I can’t wait to see this film. I think Jude Law will surprise everyone with his spot-on portrayal of the “distant” husband.

I never could get into the book. Thought it was a bore. But I have to admit that watching this trailer makes me want to see it. It looks interesting, and the cast is fantastic.

My God! Keira looks stunning! Everything really looks epic… Cant wait to watch it!

The movie looks stunning! I don’t want to scream “OSCAH!” yet because I don’t want to jinx it, but Keira appears to be doing career’s best work here. Jude Law also looks very strong. Can’t wait!

futuremrsdicaprio @ 06/20/2012 at 8:08 pm

Keira’s face fascinates me. It’s exotic. I covet her skin, it’s flawless. I’ll watch her in anything, she’s my favorite actress, and Joe Wright’s movies are just… sooo good! You could pause them at any moment and they will look like a beautiful portrait. They’re so aesthetically pleasing. I’ll have to read the book now!

I always see Jude’s films, all of them, and this one definitely looks like it’s going to be a visual treat, so I’m very much looking forward to it.

POTENTIAL SPOILER in my POST:
The trailer looks amazing. I read the book years ago. It is a very good book, but It totally depressed me. All those sanctimonious men and Vronsky – a jerk to pursue her. He got out of it all that he wanted but society only punished the woman.
Can’t bear to watch the movie unless it has a happier ending than the book.

Read the book….
Cannot wait to see the movie.

dolorescraeg @ 06/20/2012 at 10:54 pm

i attend a cinema course at FIU. we saw the 1967 nrussian version d anna karenina….a masteroiece. the cinematography, music, acting were so extraordinary. just breathtaking. i venture to say that this version will be brilliant. jude is such a brilliant actor, kiera and the director joe wright….a sure winner.

can’t stand seeing any movie she’s in because of the pouting and jaw thrusting!

speaktruth @ 06/21/2012 at 1:27 am

Hold on. You’re telling me Mr. Darcy’s in there, and she isn’t even interested in him? :P

why is Keira in every period movie?! and this is a book written by a Russian writer that takes place in Russia AND Russian language is what makes the book so wonderful so why not make this movie with Russian actors like for example La vie en rose that was French all the way. There are many wonderful Russian actors that could pull this off and Keira does not look Russian at all. Shame on Hollywood for letting her ruin the classic.

@Nika:
Almost agree! There is no Tolstoy or Anna or Vronsky, nothing Russian in this trailer. Shame.

I’m not a fan of Jude Law but i’m sure Keira will be amazing
Matthew McFadyen is in the movie too yayyy Darcy!!! Too bad he’s not in the lead role :(

MellieBum @ 06/21/2012 at 7:54 am

Oh MAN why is this wench still working???

pretty.nice. @ 06/22/2012 at 12:26 am

Looks good! Looks like it might even win an award.
Looking forward to it!

In a role of Ann Karenina see Kate Winslet….. More deep actress. Seems to me she would be able to pass drama of Kareninoy better… Naytli, at all respect, it is not.

It is possible to discuss much, but one woman left from Jude Law to some red boy….

Twostepsfan @ 09/01/2012 at 4:19 pm

@Coco: The music is Nero by Two Steps from Hell. They write music for movie trailers.