Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Split

Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Split

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce.

“This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. [Her] primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter’s best interest,” the 33-year-old actress’s attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, tells People.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

The two, who tied the knot in November 2006, have one child together, 6-year-old Suri.

This was the first marriage for Katie and Tom‘s third. He was previously married to Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two kids, Isabella and Conor, and Mimi Rogers.

John Parra/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 79 » Show All

I’m honestly surprised she stayed with him as long as she did.

@lauren: #2
lauren @ 06/29/2012 at 1:16 pm

i wonder if katie was fed with tom’s crazy ****?
*************************************
No, Tom had grown tired of Katie.

Believe me : The next Mrs. Cruise will be olga kurylenko. Trust me i got one friend in iceland that told me Tom Cruise is all over her like in 2005 he did for Holmes

My only and last reaction will be : who will be Tom The Scientogist’s next target

Katie learned the hard way – fake-marrying Tom didn’t get her the Hollywood/Broadway stardom she was craving, just a lot of misery, rules and regulations and a kid she wasn’t allowed to say no to. You need some skill and talent to really stay at the top in acting these days – just look at Nicole: her career really took off AFTER she left Tommy, not before. The public wanna see talent, not a manufactured Stepford wife. Whether Katie will now dissappear into obscurity or start rebuilding some credibility remains to be seen.

Tom is tired of her. I have been saying this for awhile.

WICKED WENCH @ 06/29/2012 at 2:18 pm

Maybe he and Johnny Depp will get together (just kidding. Johnny is good, creative weird; Tom is bad, psycho-scary weird.)

I knew this would happen: there has to be a good reason why wives flee this man the day the contract is up. There are plenty of lilac wedding relationships that last long-term because the gay guy is sweet and nice and the wife is happy with this love, but no one remains with Tom – no one. And you have to ask why.

Tom finally got rid of weird Katie.

I never have cared for her. I think she is a cold fish, self-absorbed and a whiner. He, on the other hand, is positive and wants to get on with living. I hope he can find a woman deserving of him. He makes the best movies. He’s truly talented and awesome. He needs a positive woman, not a sour whinebag.

Maybe she is tired of carrying Suri all the time 

Boy..gonna be REALLY interesting wiht the paps and Katie in NYC now…

anon @ 06/29/2012 at 2:12 pm #75

Thumb up Thumb down 0

Not really a surprise. Any guesses on who’s next? I say Miranda and Orlando, Nicole and Keith, or Sacha and Isla.
*********************************
Miranda and Orlando next, followed by Nicole and Keith. Keith will tire of Nicole soon.

@Eresyn: Ha! Thanks for making me smile

makes sense @ 06/29/2012 at 2:23 pm

now , we KNOW who that guy was with whom she was holding hands with a couple weeks ago. HER BOYFRIEND.

Katie just mopes around NY, to be seen by paps. This marriage has been estranged for years.

When Katie moved to NY with Suri, that is when their separation started.

Katie is divorcing him because Tom announced that he .doesn’t need more kids.

Most likely she is tired of his scientolgy ways. She did not grow up in this cult group so it would be hard for her to raise a child that way. She has looked unhappy for awhile now. I Hope she becomes happier once she has left him.

wakeupNsee @ 06/29/2012 at 2:30 pm

I wonder if Suri will call Tom’s 4th wife mom. Tom demanded katie to file so he wouldn’t look bad. There is no way that gold digger katie left him.

Jane Patton @ 06/29/2012 at 2:30 pm

Daria @ 06/29/2012 at 2:18 pm #84

Thumb up Thumb down -1

******************************************************
I totally agree. Katie has no life in her. Tom needs a woman with life. Katie’s life is totally wrapped around her child. The man in you life needs attention too. If you do not give him any attention, and spend all you time with the kids, he will look elsewhere.

A word to you girls. If you want to keep your man. You have give him attention. Take time from the kids to pay attention to your relationship with your mate.

Hes an engomaniac. Hes addicted to himself and work. She got tired of it. Good for her/ Now she can cash out and find a better partner.

Good for Tom. Now he can find a wife who is not wrapped in herself.

@The_Bug:

Hmm. Isnt he filimg there as well? SOMETHING Musst have happened to get her fed u enough since she put up w him this long

Katie Holmes is the one who filed for divorce and Tom Cruise was “blindsided” by Katie’s legal move … TMZ has learned.

We know Katie filed the divorce docs in New York on June 28, citing “irreconcilable differences.” She is asking for sole legal custody and “primary residential custody” of the couple’s 6-year-old daughter, Suri.

We also know Katie is asking for a “suitable amount” of child support.

Katie also asks for a division of property in her divorce docs, although we know there was a significant prenup that is based on California law. Katie makes no mention of the prenup in her filing.

We’re told Tom is “very sad” and “did not see this coming.” We’re also told there is some “nastiness” here, evidenced by Katie’s move to get sole legal custody.

Katie’s divorce petition was filed anonymously, without names.

Not a big fan of either one of them, but divorce is always sad. A family torn apart. Life is to short for all the hate!

@Leslie:

Trust me something is happening between Tom and Olga you will see and remember me :) this will be like Brad and Angelina all over again

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 79 » Show All