Kristen Stewart: Balenciaga's 'Florabotanica' Ad!

Kristen Stewart: Balenciaga's 'Florabotanica' Ad!

Kristen Stewart is fabulous in an over-the-top floral dress in her ad for Balenciaga‘s latest fragrance, “Florabotanica!”

The 22-year-old star of the Twilight film franchise describes the fragrance as “natural” and “very alive.”

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Kristen Stewart

Catherine Walsh, senior vice president of American Fragrances for Coty Prestige, said “Florabotanica” is a “game-changer.” She also talked about the visuals in the ad, saying that the flower is “not just a pretty flower, but a pretty dangerous flower. [Designer Nicolas Ghesquière]’s vision is to twist and turn the heritage and make it something of today.”

The fragrance hits select stores in September and will be available nationwide in October.

Bigger pic inside

kristen stewart balenciaga ad 01

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

A corpse in the jungle.

Kstew isn’t exactly the first person that comes to mind when I think of Balenciaga, but good for her I guess. Though that is a very awkward pose and makeup job. It’s like she’s standing in front of a green screen and they just cut and pasted her in.

What a terrible ad.

So basically she’s getting paid an insane amount of money for just standing there doing absolutely nothing.. Awesome.

It looks very tomboyish and her.

This ad looks like it’s geared towards young kids. Definitely doesn’t attract women and scream sexy and seductive. I think it plays perfectly to her teen Twilight and now Snow White fanbase

I like Kristen a lot but that is an awful ad. I’d sue Balenciaga for putting me in a 2008 dress and making this an awful ad.

Kristen Stewart has the best *dead eyes* in Hollywood, no lie. She should get an Oscar for it.

I think this perfume is geared toward kids. I don’t know. It looks very edgy and so Kristen and kiddish. It doesn’t look like it’s geared towards adults at all. Maybe that’s the point? If so, it’s pretty cool.

i think it’s cool how Nicholas went back to the archives and used that dress from the 08 collection. it works really well with the ad. it’s very Balenciaga. like they said, it’s a twist and turn in the heritage. it’s definitely going to be popular

WTF is this ad?

At lease if they wanted to photoshop her in the ad they could of photoshopped her other foot to show the shoes fully….this ad sucks…she looks like she always look when she attends events just awkward.

Why does Kristen look like a corpse? I’ve got nothing against the girl but I blame the marketing team and makeup/hair crew for this mess.

i love the look, very edgy and very kristen. that’s definitely one of the reasons they got her. she’s gorgeous and edgy and very balenciaga! LOVE IT!

Really? This is the hyped ad everyone was waiting for? Ridiculous.

This ad is so Kristen. It’s so edgy, boyish, and youthful. I mean it’s totally Kristen. It’s her personality and everything. Great job Nicolas.

Why does Kristen look so dead in this ad? This is one awful advertisement. Maybe lots of Twilight kids will buy it and that’s probably the point

The perfume is around 68 bucks. There’s no way I can afford it. I love the ad because it screams Kristen Stewart. It’s 100% her. I wonder if she had any say in how she wanted to do this ad. Pretty cool.

Can someone look this sullen, disinterested, miserable, and depressed? It’s amazing. Kstew is in a league of her own.

Someone looks seriously excited to be there.

Christ, look more miserable, could ya?

She looks terrible, WTF? I was expecting big things from Balenciaga.

Photoshop her thighs more apart will you?

This is… not good.

I don’t get this? Do psycho twilight fans look at this and think BELLA IS NEXT TO THAT BOTTLE I MUST HAVE IT!?

Kristen Stewart is pretty so I understand that people think that taking pictures of her is a good idea but she just never does anything. She always looks bored and blank so it is weird. Give the job to someone who would actually try.

notyourfriend @ 06/30/2012 at 2:45 am

and all the haters say amen….

blueberry @ 06/30/2012 at 2:45 am

I feel like she’s the RING girl sucking my soul in the ad.

Facepalm. Kristen is a sweet girl but she always ends up looking so lifeless and dull. I know she’s tryin to become a fashionista but she should stay away from this

@Candice: $60? If you want to smell like Kristen Stewart, just smoke weed, it’s cheaper.

That bottle of perfume has more life in it/is more dynamic than Kristin Stewart’s eyes. Also she looks like a corpse.

Kristen looks fantastic. Come on people, this is not a cover girl ad. It’s about who Balenciaga is and what they want their brand to be. Balenciaga is a high end fashion company, completely different and unique. That’s what Kristen is, she is unique and different. I don’t know why people are threatened by it. Can’t wait to buy this!

D@mn, it’s like Balenciaga is trying to be mean to this girl! They put her in a 5 year old dress and mess up with her face and hair Kristen is a beautiful girl, look at W magazine, if styles properly. This colab could have been epic. Note: could.

WHYYYYYYYYYY do professionals INSIST on making her look godawful? Really, the girl has nice features they can work with but it seems they’d just rather make her look terrible. Who thought this was a good ad to put out into the world?

Wow this is bad.

She looks like Robert Pattinson. God they look too much alike

Stewart looks dead. Physically and emotionally.

Clearly people don’t know the difference between couture and cover girl. It’s obvious Nicolas, the photographer and creative team were going for a certain look. That’s Balenciaga for you. Funnily, whatever Kristen does whether it’s movies, magazines..interviews she will never be good enough for all you haters out there. I wonder who’s lacking..those like you who find faults in people? Or those who dare to be themselves and accept they’re different.

@Danni: Balenciaga isn’t about sexy and seductive. Do you see her rolling around in sheets? Balenciaga is a fashion art house.

Nuke it from orbit.

It’s the only way to be sure!

“Florabotanica”?What a glamorous name! it looks like one of those cheap cologne you buy at the drugstore around the corner.

@Clam: so true! loooooool

This ad does NOT make me want to buy this fragrance.. and um who the hell would want to smell dirty, greasy haired & emotionless. Great Ads Balenciaga! FAIL!

Haha, I actually laughed out loud when I saw this.it’s terrible!

Haters please go watch die fangirls die by kingsley.

Are the trying to advertise to zombies?

When I saw this picture, I immediately thought of the movie, “A League of Their Own.” Remember the news reel scene when they introduced Marla Hooch? Waaaaaaaaay back!!!

LTavares2012 @ 06/30/2012 at 8:21 am

@Brillant:
hahahahahahahahahaha. “A corpse in the jungle”. I like it. A fragrance for “dead people”.

LTavares2012 @ 06/30/2012 at 8:23 am

@R:
True!!! hahahahahaha

LTavares2012 @ 06/30/2012 at 8:28 am

@leelee:

A fragrance for “zombies”. Zombies are making fortune in Hollywood and in the “fashion art world” now. Nice!!! hahahahahaha

DailyNightly @ 06/30/2012 at 8:58 am

Her face does not want to make me buy this fragrance. She always has this dour, unsmiling look. I would not want to buy anything she is representing.

A dumb and unimaginative ad for females who think this is cool.

It fits with the gothic undead image kstew has going. If I wanted a girlie perfume, I can pick out literally thousands. Wonderstruck by Taylor swift, britney’s, Paris Hilton’s, Selena gomez, Emma Watson. Kstew’s appeals to a niche that likes her indie movies and the snow white and twilight movies. We know there is a market for that or twilight and swath would not sell very well.

I wonder what she does with all that monayyyy

In real life her legs are very unathletic.

Just Terrible @ 06/30/2012 at 12:04 pm

All Involved.Should Be Fired.

She looks like a young but more photogenic Helena bonham Carter. I really like that she’s not trying to be another America sweetheart romantic comedy type actress.

Her face is so beautiful. Kristen needs to work with Tim Burton and Helena bonham Carter and Johnny depp. She fits the zombie bride aesthetic so well. But then again that movie’s budget will be through the roof. No one will make any money.

I sincerely hope Kristen finds success after twilight so that all her unique projects get the necessary funding it deserves and her work is lauded as brave and trailblazing instead of rebellous and juvenile which her detractors find glee in saying. Twilight will just be another gothic romance in her past with many more in her future. Lastly, she is not flakey or fashion obsess so I can see her doing work not for the money , fame, or her image, but for the love of film and filmaking.

I think this was sabotage. . I mean come on, it’s just that bad…Could they have at least made her do a pose?

I really like it actually. May not be everyone’s taste, but then again balenciaga is not to everyone’s taste. It is not Chanel or Alexander mcqueen. This campaign speaks to her fans. See the flowers yet not really flowers. The model yet not really a model. The clothes yet not the latest fashion. The doc martens and scary Halloween vibe, not the typical princess perfume. But it will sell just like how swath sell and the twilight series sell.

yes,very alive.spot on,Balenciaga!

omg! that ad is horrible!

Gorgeous as usual! Haters got to hate!!! Plenty of people will support Kristen and buy this!

Cool and creative…if this was just a model and not Kristen Stewart people would be saying how innovative it is! Its sucks that people enjoy hating someone so much!

I absolutely hate haters!! They bring nothing of worth in to the Word! If you do not like the perfume do not buy it…simple! No need to turn in to beasts and spout rude and cruel remarks about Kristen and Balenciaga! You people just show how immature and nasty you are!

i love you Kristen.

Kristen é uma *****

Kristen played in 29 movies. I think I watched 25 of them! I still need to watch The messengers, Zathura and Jumper! People that said she can’t act just don’t know what acting is! In fact, they are partly true! Cause Kristen does not act, for the time of her roles! She becomes her characters! That’s why she picks roles that she agrees with! Thats why she does not need a script!

hen women are portrayed as submissive in popular media, the reaction broadly seems to be one of two things: “that’s hot” or “that’s offensive.” When men are portrayed as submissive, the reaction is more likely to be one of pity or derision. I recently attended a play party and got chatting to a male dominant while a male submissive was strapped to a nearby spanking bench and flogged by his female dominant. The submissive was young, slightly built, and wearing only a skimpy G-string. The dom I was conversing with admitted he found it hard to watch another man being dominated, because he felt the male submissive was letting their side down. “I want to say, ‘be a man!’” he admitted, although he went on to say he respected that submission made this particular man happy. In her essay “Maid To Order: Commercial S/M and Gender Power,” Anne Mclintock points out that “S/M theatrically flouts the edict that manhood is synonymous with mastery, and submission a female fate.” Indeed, the media fascination that results every time a powerful man is caught associating with a ********** implies an ongoing curiosity about BDSM’s power to invert gender stereotypes .

I just LOVE Kristen! I will support her in all her endeavours!

she looks like a clown

she looks a bit ‘tarded here

Love it!! I guess some people do not appreciate the art of design and fashion! This is what it is all about. Not some pretty girl wearing a glamorous dress like most celeb perfume ads. They are just dull and boring. This is true art!!! Have you ever seen model ads….this is exactly what they look like. Kristen is a great model!!

Kristen is the worst actress this world has ever seen! just look at The Twilight Saga.

At least she didn’t take her clothes off to sell perfume or water like some HollywoodHoHo’s

It t is so annoying how people just jump on a hate Kristen bandwagon!! It is so boring!!!!! Seriously find someone else to trash talk if that is what makes you happy in life..but hating Kristen is so old!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it!

at first glance this looks like a spray for body lice or bed bugs

Wow!! Look at all the comments here about Kristen AGAIN!! People really are OBSESSED with her!! Especially loser haters with nothing better to do! At least her fans have positive supportive things to say and are not wasting their time on hate!

I never liked her in the movies she is stupid in every action. boring to watch her. try to be funny but she is not natural and lovely. soooo repulsive and cold.

fapfapfap: so hot

Haters are repulsive and cold! Kristen is awesome!

So sick of these same people criticizing everything Kristen does!! I do not understand why people are so rude about her and how they enjoy saying these ignorant nasty things about her..I think its sick! They seek out articles about her just to spout hate..honestly I worry about these people..maybe they should get some help!

Let these fools hate if they please….they are just increasing the hype and making Kristen more successful! Ever heard of no such thing as bad publicity?? It is completely true …that is why famous people always thank the haters for getting them where they are!

Kristen is boring.

@ju She is so boring that she captured your attention and you had to click on this article and had to comment on it!!! LOL at you!

FABULOUS!! This is true art!

Fine Art - for sure @ 07/01/2012 at 12:48 am

It’s right up there with smeared elephant dung paintings

i wanna smell like a putrid unwashed goth corpse

Beautiful! Can not wait to get it!

Balenciaga really did their research prior to signing Kristen as their new spokesperson. The support she has (mostly from Twilight fanatics) will probably make this perfume pretty successful. This ad is nothing spectacular or ground-breaking, but Twihards flocked to her defense to call out people who dislike it (honestly, it looks a bit tacky and thrown together to me) as uncultured and unaware of what ‘art’ is. I guess nothing less is to be expected from the Twihards, though. These are people who create website upon website dedicted to tracking down absolutely everything this girl wears, eats, and listens to. Then, they go out and buy every bit of it they can afford so they can be just like Kristen, too. It’s really quite sad, but it does make for her products being more successful.

Beautifully artist! Very Balenciaga!!

Ok, this is the first time I truly believe our poor Kristen does only have one facial expression- the deer in headlights expression. I was expecting so much from this campaign. The make-up artists could have done a way better job on her :/

@Amelie: you nailed it! :-)

Loser haters just hang around here to comment all the time! LOL!!!!!!!! Kristen owns your asses!

People have been wishing Kristen in to oblivion for a long time…and guess what…. she keeps getting more jobs and more opportunities! Because more open minded people can see her worth! She does not have to fit in to a box of “having to behave a certain way” to be interesting, alluring, charming and successful!! Some people seem to want famous people to be all the same! That is not what life is about at all….it is about peoples differences and individuality! Personally I would rather more celebs be like Kristen and less like the typical puppets!

this chick and her dopey fans are worthless drones

She is such a pretty girl, so why on earth they put her on this poster in such ugly pose. She looks realy bad on this one…

@Dawn:
Umm…newsflash. She’s in a friggen Balenciaga ad. She’s been in a number of blockbusters. She’s at every event where she’s needed (often unsmiling) wearing clothing that designers have given her to wear. She made over $30MILLION last year. You don’t make that sort of money rebelling against the system and its puppetmasters. She is conforming whether you believe it or not.

I’m sorry, the ad is not attractive. It doesn’t even look like her. You want to know where she looked gorgeous and individual and more like herself? Her ad for the Gap http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fr5jtSt05Hg/TG2fKH5wxnI/AAAAAAAAhWo/1gZ1z7Cexcs/s1600/KSGap2.jpg

Worst commercial ever!