Naomi Watts as Princess Diana - First Look!

Naomi Watts as Princess Diana - First Look!

Naomi Watts channels Princess Diana while shooting scenes for her upcoming film Caught in Flight on Monday (July 2) in Croatia.

“It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role – Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen,” the 43-year-old actress previously said of playing the late royal.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Naomi Watts

Caught in Flight centers on Di‘s secret affair with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn.

DO YOU THINK Naomi Watts looks like Princess Diana?

30+ pictures inside of Naomi Watts on the set of Caught in Flight

naomi watts princess diana caught in flight 31
naomi watts princess diana caught in flight 32
naomi watts princess diana caught in flight 33

ABC

the great kate @ 07/02/2012 at 11:34 am

americans….

she’s beautiful…but they should’ve chosen a younger actress…Diana died at 36…Naomi is 44 – and you can tell..

sorry i don’t see Diana’s eyes, kinda of shy look she gave almost all the time! Plus she was very very tall and way more beautiful!!

TERRIBLE..

I still think Jessica Chastain would have been an excellent choice. She has that shy smile and I am sure she would also look like Diana in the movie. But alas.

I love Naomi Watts. But not very interested in this film. I agree about a younger actress. I actually would’ve preferred an unknown to play her. But whatever.

she looks absolutely stunning<3

the great kate @ 07/02/2012 at 11:44 am

these americans are ridiculous… don’t they realize they’re tarnishing princess diana’s reputation?

christinalover @ 07/02/2012 at 11:45 am

@vany:
naomi looks really young and even younger than a 36 year-old-woman, she’s the right choice and is a lot prettier than diana was

Naomi Watts isn’t American. -_-

I don’t like it but she is a good actress… Maybe she can pull it off.

Naomi Watts is a lovely and talented actress – but she’s too petite unless she’s wearing 6” heels.

Why didn’t they give her a nose prosthetic? Diana had a huge honker..

Princess Diana had an extraordinary life. Why focus a movie on her affair with Dr. Kahn? Sounds like a stupid idea and I won’t be watching.

i don’t understand why they have to make a movie about diana’s “secret affair”…
can’t you just let her rest in peace already??

naomi’s great but i’m sorry to say that in these pictures she reminds me more of camilla.

@the great kate: Diana had a bad reputation – until she died. What the hell do you mean, ‘tarnish’? It was already bad. It was the same with Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse. People love to trash until said person dies.

Who wants to see that ?

@Gh Totally agree about Jessica Chastain. I think she has the required acting chops plus with the right styling she would look a lot more like Di than Naomi Watts (who is a good actress and seems nice, but looks nothing like Diana)

She should have played Camilla. She is a dead ringer for that part….(and no, that is not an insult.) But Diana? No….I just don’t think she has the right looks and the whole essence of who she was.

Carbon Copy @ 07/02/2012 at 1:46 pm

No bueno!

Make a movie about celebrating her great life not about her ‘secret affair’.
why don’t they make a movie about how a huge ***** prince william is..

Well, it’s a much better casting than Lindsay Lohan playing Elizabeth Taylor. Don’t know why they want to make a movie about the affair though.. but Naomi Watts is a good actress so maybe I’ll watch it.

Reality Check @ 07/02/2012 at 3:41 pm

She is so un-like Diana.

loverducky @ 07/02/2012 at 3:46 pm

@the great kate:

What are you talking about “these Americans”..Naomi is not American, nor is the director, or the writer. You don’t need to blame every thing you think is wrong on Americans..like they are silly and ignorant. I am not American, but I don’t like it when people act like they, as a whole are stupid.

I don’t see Dianas nose!

Ew a pakastani doc affair @ 07/02/2012 at 3:58 pm

Secret affair no one is talking about or heard of! Y not do a movie about
Dodi Alfayed instead! You know the man that if she was not with hi. She would be alive today. People talk about as if he does not exist! Just
That the heart doc is her one and only but it was Dodi who was her one and only! Who she went o. Trips with and had a APARTMENT in Paris
With! But no one says anything about that jut some Heart surgeon
Bet he loves that idea about this movie! Why bring it up now!
The women had several men coming into her kensington Palwce the world knows that!

She looks different than Diana, but she’s good actress so maybe she’ll play her well and that will be enough to make good movie.

I think they chose a hollywood version of Princess Di. I can see the essence of her captured and all those out there who would have picked someone younger, look at pictures of Lady Di, Naomi looks damned good for her age, there’s no issue there. I think it was a good choice.

@bukia: She looks more like Di than Michelle Williams did Marilyn!

Isn’t she too short to play Lady Diana?! I always though Nicole Kidman would be perfect for the role. Nicole is tall, elegant, and is shy like Lady Diana was!

Sorry, Naomi just didnt work… Jessica Chastain would have been such a better choice!

She is lovely but cannot pull off this role. I feel uncomfortably embarrassed for her… like when a good looking older woman feels compelled to brag by asking how old do you think I look? and you feel compelled to lie by saying an age younger than you really think.

sigh..

HEEEE…….NOP

Love her in this role! She’s stunning as Diana.

@Casey: That’s true, but Michelle is also good actress and in my opinion she played well in move about Marilyn.

Jo-Ann Klimowicz @ 07/03/2012 at 7:12 am

I wish they would stop trying.

Looks more like Camilla.

Peter Campbell @ 07/03/2012 at 12:02 pm

Search Amazon for “Princess Diana The Day She Didn’t Die.”

A novel that is getting some great reviews and no doubt the next big film after this one

Nothing to do with my dearest Princess of Wales..I just loved her so much!