Katie Holmes & Suri: Children's Museum Trip!

Katie Holmes & Suri: Children's Museum Trip!

Katie Holmes carries her daughter Suri into the Children’s Museum of the Arts on Thursday (July 5) in New York City.

The 33-year-old actress, who has kept a low profile since filing for divorce from Tom Cruise, also held hands with a young companion of Suri‘s as they headed into the museum.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

In case you missed it, check out Katie on the cover of Elle magazine’s August 2012 issue, where she speaks about Tom and wanting to be her own person.

katie holmes suri cruise museum visit 01
katie holmes suri cruise museum visit 02
katie holmes suri cruise museum visit 03
katie holmes suri cruise museum visit 04
katie holmes suri cruise museum visit 05

Credit: Oak/Bosche; Photos: INFdaily
Posted to: Celebrity Babies, Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise, Tom Cruise

Valerie Macon/Getty

poor sori……….

Wow! A kid friendly activity!!!

كيتي حلوة
katie is beautiful :)

Sorry but she knew and she was mature enough to understand what the hell she was going into. This is ridiculous. I’m 100% sure she calls the paps for her ‘safety’ but she is also using Suri for that. No sympathies with anyone.

Katie, your daughter knows how to walk….

siennagold @ 07/05/2012 at 2:37 pm

For a 6 year old kid, she sure is being carried numerous times.

The best protection is in the public eye its where they both benefit yes.

hahaha..she looks like a ridiculous fool carrying that big ol girl. Suri’s legs are almost as long as Katie’s.

If anyone thinks this child is messed up now, which she is, wait until the divorce proceedings, where she will probably have to testify pitting her mother against her father.

@good: I agree with you to some extent. But, when we get involved with someone, anyone, not only movie starts, it is easy to become inebriated by a man and his charm. And this was a man who could use stardom to captivate young actresses. 27 is not too young, but it is still young. She is no saint but maybe she didn’t understand how crazy the world she was getting into was. I analyze her story as I would analyze anyone’s story. Though, hers has a man with some power and who used to be charming (before becoming famous for his craziness) and Scientology behind. Complicated. Better not to judge too much.

That is gonna be one messed up, bowlegged brat!

sojudgemental @ 07/05/2012 at 2:51 pm

@good:

Katie was by all accounts a naive sweetheart of a girl, raised in a all girls catholic school and a self proclaimed virgin waiting for marriage.. until her childhood crush showed up and did some over the top romance schill on her. It would take you a few years to get wise too.

I doubt she was a virgin that was some tabloid report she had two relationships before him. She never claimed virginity like Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears did.

How has she “kept a low profile”? She and Suri have been having a paparazzi party just about everyday.

No sympathy for her. She married him for $$ and to further her career. Period!

Then why is she leaving him after all he still has $$$ and she’s getting squat in the prenup

Things are going to get really ugly for Suri!

@Mimi:

Well it didn’t work. As a matter of fact she lost her part in the lucrative Batman franchise because she was Tom Cruise “wife”. So enough. She’s cutting all ties to him and good riddance. She doesn’t get sympathy from people. She’s getting high fives all around. I feel sorry for the next Tom Cruise “wife”.

Speaking of the next one: There’s this new parlor game going on on who we all think it will be. I think it should be Taylor Swift. She’s like a robot already.

I read alot of “no sympathy” or “she knew about him beforehand” but I think at ANY age, when someone sweeps you off your feet (which seems to be what tom cruise was doing when he met her), you can’t help but fall. If your childhood crush takes you to Paris, proclaims his love on Oprah, it’s alot to take on and childhood crushes have such a significant impact on you; they’re much more than the average guy – whether it’s a boy from grade school or to a movie star. With that said, I applaud Katie because she recognized she was in a situation she did not like or want to take part in and removed herself. That takes COURAGE. I can guarantee you, more than half these women giving judgment towards her (if placed in that situation) would not have the courage to leave. Even if they didn’t entertain Cruise and left before he could do more, I’m pretty sure they would have second thoughts and pursue him. There are some women today who are in unhappy relationships and won’t leave…they just sit there and pretend everything is okay.

I don’t care what anyone says. She’s no innocent victim here and has absolutely no right to keep Suri from seeing her father. Tom has always been a loving and caring father and she won’t get away with it. Children need both parents in their lives. Team Tom!

She’s carrying Suri because of all the papparazzi. They are everywhere because of the divorce. It’s got to be hard on Suri. Katie got swept away, but obviously came to her senses. She wants the best for Suri and Scientology boot camp school is not it. Supposedly the only money to come from the divorce will be child support. This move is not for the money, it’s for a better life.

I like her now that she found her strength instead of being a Scibot lamp. And she taking on Tom Cruise and the cult, wow, good for her, hope she splits it wide open. Tom must be just freaking, the control freak who lost control!!! I think she thought being a Scibot would not be so bad, thought with this charm, lifestyle it would all work out, (naive), maybe he fooled her into thinking it was not 100% of his life, then she found it was scarier than she thought. When a child is involved, the mama bear comes out too!!!

She’s not fighting for Suri. She’s fighting for a big child support check since she gets nothing in the prenup.

People, you talk like you have been in their house during their family and know every details of their relationship. You don’t know anything about them. In Hollywood- the celebrities have multiple faces and lives. The public face is other thing and their lives behind the closed doors are absolutely different. So it isn’t easy to comment on who is who.

sweetness @ 07/05/2012 at 3:53 pm

That woman is disgusting, look at the distressed face on Suri and look at the smirking face of Katie…Why would she take her child in front of the frantic paps..Even and adult man like Alec Baldwin finds paps invasive?

@solecito:

Well Tom and the cult prevented Kidman from being in the lives of Bella and Connor. So karma here. And Katie isn’t trying to prevent him from being her father, she wants sole residential and legal custody to keep her out of CoS.

Katie says @ 07/05/2012 at 4:05 pm

What has Suri done that she did no do when she was married to Tom
The same life but without him… Bet next is a trip to the All American
Girl Toy shop …Museums ice Cream stores restuarants toy stores
Walks up the street wow no difference when she married to Tom.
It has been over a week now and Tom has not filed for custody of
Suri in California! Has he! No he has left Katie alone no filings at
All except for the divorce papers being done by Number instead of
Name! Get it now media so that you people can’t get the docs!

leave that crying little girl alone you evil paparazzi. those people harming that child shold be aressted. people get in trouble for all kinds of things but they can legally photograph a crying frightened child day after day? sick sick disgusting papartazzi culture :(

katie’s recent statement about how “I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that.” sounds like Tom was in control of her decisions on what movies roles to take and what not to take…. all the movies she’s been in were basically bombs, roles that were suited for someone without a well known name… it seemed to me tom didn’t want katie to get any more famous than he was (hence surprise divorce from kidman)

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 4:21 pm

BEFORE & AFTER the SPLIT with Tom Cruise:

I think Katie is TRYING to SHOW the difference of her and Suri’s company before after her split with Cruise. Here you see Katie and Suri with a friend (or relative) and two of her children walking to Alice Tea Cup. Surely these new friends are NOT Scientologist and note the braid on top of Suri’s hair matching that of the little girl walking with her. I think Katie and who ever helped her plan this “escape” also thought by doing this in June she’ll also be able to have her sister or brother’s children around for the summer. Cruise and the Scientologist inner circle must be fuming seeing Suri hanging out with non Scientolgist children. The beginning of things to come. Unfortuately in these series of pictures Suri is hiding her face. Clearly she thinks the paps are out to get her picture. Suri needs to get over this because with time the paps will begin to slowly stop following her and Katie.
The paps were interested in Suri because of the dynamics around her and Katie and Cruise and the questions behind that merger.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 4:24 pm

Katie has LOST a lot of weight. Pictures and videos always add about 10 pounds to a person’s body and she looks slender in these pictures. I think the stress of all this will take a toll on her appetite. Yes she might look happier (?) but she’s also losing weight.

She will end up with her old love Josh Jackson.

Gossipgirl @ 07/05/2012 at 4:35 pm

@solecito: I agree; I don’t like Scientology, but that is no reason to try to stop the man from seeing his kid. Enough of the victim playing; she wanted the lifestyle and the career, now she wants out. I am sick of men always getting the bum wrap when it is not deserved. The media were rooting for the divorce, so I don’t get the big whoop. And Katie, why don’t you take the poor child on a quiet vacation instead of parading her around in front of the press!

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 4:45 pm

And Good-bye to Suri’s FAVORITE NANNIES – Some of the biggest smiles on Suri’s face were captures when she was with her nannies. Guess she won’t be seeing them either on a regular basis.

Kinda hot and sticky and stinky in NYC these days. Doesn’t she ever feel like getting out into the country where she can swim and bike?

Katie says @ 07/05/2012 at 4:53 pm

Tom is not the bad guy here the Media is making up every lie they can
Think of ! When Brad Pitt got a divorce he cheated on Jen and heWasin considered a great actor while he was Bangin Angie on the set. Tom
Has not done anything the church won’t either it has been a week since
She announced the divorce! Do you think that Tom would file in Cali by
Now! Do some court doc but now he went home to LA and left her alone
And Suri doubt that he is sad on his bday best present ever! To endSimething si now watch he won’t be working for a while after this movie is done! Been really sweet to Katie and she has not done anything
Mean leaked any audios or info.. Just corrected the lie about emergence
Doc!

I agree that Suri knows how to walk, but when your one and only child is surrounded by paparazzi and large crowds in NY, you’d probably carry her too.

This is a sure sign of change. I have never seen photos of Suri with other children. This is a change for the good. I know everybody is throwing their opinion around but maybe, just maybe katie has good reason to be in NY away from Tom. He may have threatened that she will never see her again once he gets her, who knows??? I say once they go to court and the judge makes a temporal custody arrangement and he sets some boundaries she will let Suri go see him. Also, it’s not like he saw her a lot anyway because they stayed apart for so long while he travels or filming.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 5:12 pm

This time around, Cruise is being SMART and MEDITATING on how he will respond to this divorce. That must be driving her legal time bananas. Katie should watch it (not threatening her at all), but she is not getting of money from the prenup but it would be interesting if Cruise said “let her have full custody and not give her a lot of child support.” Katie will be back to square one because we all know she will not have the same career that Nicole Kidman had. Katie is not A list actress caliber. This is not being mean, this has been proven.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 5:17 pm

#40 Wow – Suri wasn’t always seen with other children, but once in a while she was seen with other children. Here’s a video of Suri and a group of children Trick or Treating during Halloween (some of the kids in the video are children of Jeanne Yang, Katie’s partner in Holmes and Yang).

The changes before and after the divorce announcement are so obvious! I mean, their hair and clothes, hanging around other kids. I really hope that Katie’s not doing this all for show. At any rate, she really needs to help Suri behave in a more age appropriate manner, now that she’s away from all that Scientology crap.

sick parenting @ 07/05/2012 at 5:54 pm

Katie is nuts. Tom and Katie are totally irresponsible when it comes to Suri and the papz. It’s all about the vibe parents convey around their child. Other children are stalked too sadly, like the Jolie-Pitts, Gwen Stefani’s, Jennifer Garner’s, Halle Berry’s, Michael Jackson’s, etc. You don’t see any of them act like Suri.
Katie doesn’t have a clue as to how to make Suri feel calm and protected, it’s probably worse coz Suri is not used to any kind of annoyance, any situation where she is not in control and not everybody does as she says, and being around unknown/new people. It must be hard for anyone let alone a spoiled confined child.
So it makes the kid act weird and it makes us people wonder and gossip and it makes the papz stalk them even more it’s a never ending circle.
Plus Katie has the means to expose Suri much less if only she WANTED to, like many other stars do, you only see them once or twice a month if that. She just wants the exposure which is very sad and possibly traumatizing in the long run.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 6:00 pm

#43 – I hope the changes are REAL and not just Katie TRYING to show a difference and playing up to the media (which I suspect she is). I’m not any either Katie or Cruise’s side but I will say that Katie was attacted to Cruise from before day 1, she was attracted to everything that surrounded him, there is a video which I posted above where she is telling Billy Bush she tried Scientology and it helps her, its bettering her, etc. Katie was raised a Catholic and clearly a spineless one that blew where the wind took her because there is a big difference between Scientology and Catholicism. Katie wanted fame and fortune and to be an A list actress. She thought hooking up with Cruise would get her there. Her “template road to follow” was Nicole Kidman. Time will tell but I do NOT see Katie becoming a big movie star. She will be 34 years old in December and is probably in the best physical shape possible thanks to all those dance classes and expensive creams she probably uses but the one that fit the bill was Tom Cruise. Before she hooked up with Cruise, Katie did not live the lifestyle he provided. I think in the beginning she was in awe of all of it and Katie and Suri were suppose to become more indoctrinated into the Church of Scientology (something Katie knew from the beginning) but something has happened and Katie wanted out. The one that will suffer in this divorce is Suri Cruise. People say Cruise is always working, well look at everything he owns (planes, homes, travel, security, payroll overhead, etc) all of that cost $$$ and he took a few hits with the purchasing of United Artists and then buying that big $35 million mansion in Beverly Hills in 2006, etc. As much as people make money they also spend money. I don’t fell sorry for Katie at all. Suri is the one that didn’t ask to be in this and had been dragged in. I don’t think Cruise is her biological father but he has been her providerer that last six years of her life. He’s her father now.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 6:07 pm

I am betting Suri misses her nannies more than Katie or Cruise.

Especially this nanny:

This lady has been in Suri’s life for most of her six years. I bet Suri misses her a lot. There are several pictures of Suri with a big smile when she’s with this nanny in particular.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 6:14 pm

I don’t know this nanny’s name but she’s been Suri’s nanny for
some time now. I am guessing she’s a Scientologist and also
won’t be seeing Suri anymore. Look at the way Suri is clinging
her arms around her, clearly Suri felt close to her. This picture
was taken a few years ago.

Well, I just think Suri is a little bit afraid by all these people around her all the time.
Or maybe she was tired! Anyway, she’s only 6, and I think Katie Holmes is a really good mom, very protective.

Just my opinion @ 07/05/2012 at 6:34 pm

#48 – There are a lot of changes going on in Suri’s life right now. However, when you goggle Suri or go to any of the websites created for her, she has been on the go (literally travelling the world) since at least the year 2007 when they lived in Germany for 4 months while Cruise filmed Valyrie and then New York in 2008 while Katie appeared 4 months on Broadway in the play All My Sons and a steady back and forth to Los Angeles, New York, Australia, Spain, Prague, Boston, Louisiana, etc. A constant period of travel and changing of hotels, traveling on airplanes, watching or hearing about the packing and unpacking of her clothes in suitcases, etc. But those are material things and spaces, now the people Suri has been close to will change. That must be scary. If you look at Katie and Cruise’s WIki or IMBD, they both have been working and traveling, who do you think was taking care of Suri? The nanny. The bodyguards were keeping an eye on the nanny.

Just one of the disturbing comments directed at Katie on a Scientologist’s blog:

“b. Should Katie overtly criticize Tom and Scientology, Tom Cruise and Miscavige can be counted upon to use Tom’s lines of communication in Hollywood to attempt to covertly visit harm upon future career opportunities for Katie. Given the level of public education over the past several years of Scientology’s hateful propaganda campaigns, and given the clear public sentiment in Katie’s favor, I believe such efforts would miserably backfire on the perpetrators; and likely create the opposite result.”

I don’t like children this big being carried, but i can understand she doing it, since she’s always being followed by papparazzi and you can clearly see the child just hate them..Also, don’t hate on me, but this is the first time i see Suri’s hair combed and braided and looking really nice!!!. I hope Katie keeps it that way (and start dressing her more properly)

@essie:

Incorrect. Katie can’t act..dance….sing….talk normally……raise a normal kid…..etc…….

Can’t blame tommy for everthing.

In what court in the industrialized world does the total custody go to the father? Strange. That’s what happend to Nicole Kidman. At least Katie is fighting. She’ll win precisely because of Toms custody situation with Nicole. Family court in NY does not play.

Katie says @ 07/05/2012 at 10:56 pm

Nicole chose ti give up full custody to her kids in the beginning she would take them out but after a while she realized that they were into Scientology. She gave full custody to Tom. Like Katie she too was a catholic. similiar backgrounds . Both new what Tom was when they
Married him. Bet he does not go after custody at all!

@Lane:

but to have someone control you on your decisions would be downright suffocating..

Byebyetomtom @ 07/06/2012 at 12:29 am

“Katie’s past bodyguards were Scientologists and she just didn’t feel that she could trust them, so they were fired the day before she filed for divorce,” Radar reports. “Katie already had her new team in place and Suri was already in the new apartment when Katie told the old team their services were no longer going to be needed. Katie was at the apartment she shared with Tom and when she stepped out into the hallway she had four new bodyguards that took her downstairs, where she got into the car and drove off to her new life. It was very, very dramatic.”

Radar’s source says that Holmes’ measures to take control of her life and split form Cruise, has been like, “something out of a movie and she knew there was no going back.”

-page six

A Fan of Suri's @ 07/06/2012 at 1:19 am

A NEW BEGINNING – Here’s Suri with a new playdate friend (a little boy and a little girl not in the picture) at Alice’s Tea Cup. Both the little girl and Suri have a braid in their hair. Nice and bonding time (girls and ladies time).

In these series of pictures you also see Suri getting into a new SUV with new bodyguards (which look big and strong but also more laid back, not mean looking like Katie’s regular bodyguard with Cruise). Everything is different from this point on. God luck to you Suri, vaya con Dios.

A Fan of Suri's @ 07/06/2012 at 1:22 am

Change is sometimes necessary and scary but a good thing. Good luck to you Suri. Vaya con Dios.

A Fan of Suri's @ 07/06/2012 at 1:31 am

Here’s the video that goes with this outing:

No such thing happened with his second wife and kids, #27.

As if Holmes could have ever become more famous than he was even if he tried, #30. So what if she didn’t play many mainstream roles?

You don’t look close enough, #39.

You’re incorrect about everything, #52.

the scary thing is that Katie dragging Suri in front of the paps all the time could actually work against her in the custody battle. Tom’s lawyers could make a case suggesting that Katie is using Suri for her own career goals; that is to get her name and photo in the news. his lawyers could convince a judge that since Tom’s divorce from Nicole he has successfully protected his two older children from the paps he would also be able to do the same for Suri. in other words, Katie should stop giving Tom any ammunition to use against her in court.

–Kate is holed up in that apartment with her parents adn others

–Isnt it strange that for years now we have not seen a single picture of her with her parents

–her parents stay out of the pap camera

–yet kate is always photographed…

–like Tom she knows when to play the media and when to hide

–He father is a divorce lawyer, all this is planned for the public sympathy

–Between her and Tom its difficult to like anyone….suri is already a major brat

@checkered:
Tom did not have full custody of the children
they spent half a year with thier mother and half the year with tom.
Those children were always sheilded from the camera.
It just seems as they grew older the brainwashing on the Scientology side got to them and they chose to remain with thier dad as the primary parent…there was parental alienation based on scientology teachings involved…and NIcole Kidman could not force teenangers to move in with her..their story was a but different than Katies…
Nicole and Tom seemed to have had a lot more love during thier marriage for a longer time…they also spent more time together as a family unit…in this marriage, it seemed like Katie was treated as a child..she got what she wanted and she left him alone to do what he wanted….lol, thats what happens when you marry a child who is dumbed down and spoiled…just look at what katie has done to suri in the parenting department

Compare these activities to what you see Katie indulges in

Nicole always loved her children..even nannies bond with thier wards, how much more the mother who cared for them from day one…have you seen the look in isabellas face when she looks at her mother..she adores Nicole

Whatever happened between Tom & Katie is unfortunate, but I can under-stand why Katie thinks Scibot boot camp is inappropriate for a little six year old girl. Career aside, I believe that Katie is doing what she feels is the right thing for her child. That’s what good mothers do. If it was about the $$, I’m sure she would have filed in CA for the community property that has accrued since the marriage. Pre-nups cover PRE existing assets in most cases. And I’d bet a box of Krispy Kremes that Scientology boot camp NEVER came up when Katie found out she was expecting. A lot can change in seven years – and unless we live with them, we’ll never really know the dynamics of that marriage. Give the family a break..divorce is never an easy option.

low profile my right eye. she’s been out more since filing.

Suri can walk, Kate can hold her hand instead of carrying her.The best thing to do is to move away from the spotlight for awhile and raise Suri.Brittany Spears did it, I’m sure Kate can do it.

@Hamlet:

Hamlet, if you can possibly put aside your xenu worship of Cruise, you’d see that Kidman loved those kids. In fact gossip columnist Liz Smith said this week that when Kidman and Cruise were divorcing that Kidman told her she was terrified Tom would take the kids from her. Well he did. That and Xenu. If you look at the Oprah video of her ‘tell all’ interview with Cruise when she asks him about Kidman seeing her kids…he got all defensive and nervous and said she can see them whenever she wanted to. It was always funny to me that many times when she was in Los Angeles he took the kids to NYC or vice versa.
Kidman loved and loves Bella and Connor and Tom should be down on his knees asking her and the kids’ forgiveness for taking those children from her. She has said she hopes when they are 18 that they will spend more time with her. Unfortunately Tom and the cult have indoctrinated them so deeply about her being an SP that it will take a miracle for that to happen–or some heavy deprogramming.
It would be wonderful if Katie would subpena Kidman in her divorce proceedings — I bet Hamlet then you would owe Kidman a HUGE apology.
You certainly are a Mr. Know-it-all for someone who is always accusing others of not relaying facts.

interesting kid

all:

just ignore the creep ” Hamlet”. lol

how do you justify that statement/ she has always been a hand-son mother with suri…what a rude thing to say. shame on you.

she was in her 20′s, he is much older, and this is his third failed marriage, and you don’t really know what you have got into until you have been there for a while, making a mistake does not mean she deserves to be unhappy for the rest of her life.
I must have missed something, please explain just how is she using Suri? We’ve always seen Katie out with Suri without him.
She took her out on a play date with, shock horror – children! Just like normal people do.

I doubt it she is 6, it’s a divorce not a criminal case.

how do you know she is keeping Suri from Tom? He chose to fly to the next set..no legal acton has been taken to prevent him from seeing his child.
Team Normal – Team Katie and Suri

well said, Nicole loves all of her children..however, I can’t see her wanting to get involved after all she went through at the time.. She has a very happy marriage now and, she seems content and mellow in her life and they do normal things, and I do believe she is in contact with Bella. Silence is often the best weapon as truth outs in time. This is not her issue anymore, although I do wonder if she has observed with interest – as any mere mortal would :))

scientologists perhaps?

see you at the clambake…you’re wrong :)

kids have favourite teachers too but they adjust, or should, that’s part of life,people especially employees come and go. She’s nanny not a family member.

@Ang..how do you know that? Her outings are very normal, icecream, friends, the grocery shop…gee you’re a harsh judge…how terrible to leave her home and go out, what should she do, huddle in a dark corner for the next 30 years? She is in a no win situation, if no-one saw her she’d be in hiding for some sinister reason. She is behaving like any other person in her situation, except she is divorcing self promoting, media loving Tom Cruise.

You would think that they would have the brains to buy a baby stroller for their 6 year old. I can’t imagine carrying a 6 year old !

Go Ask Alice @ 07/07/2012 at 8:30 pm

Helen @ 07/06/2012 at 3:17 pm

————————
Helen, I agreeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suri Cruise is going to be one mixed up,nervous, emotionally something pre-teen, teen. This MADNESS should stop: carrying this 6 yr. in front of papparazzi, going to late night sweets places,
etc. Why don’t Kaite take this OUT of the papaarzi’s viuew so that she can live a quiet , normal, safe, life.
No, no there are no excuses such as she needs to be in front of the cameras for her sake against tthe quack CofS, ..
buy a home in CT. ,be free, enter the NYC museusm through the back door, undergraound garage.
The child is in terror. I get that. Carrying a 6 yr. is crazy. She will be in terror at the paparazzi aiming at 8 yrs. old too IF Kaite keeps Suir out in front, center.. Will Kaite carry Suir then too?
THIS child needs a privacy.

Carrying Suri is absolutely ridiculous. ENOUGH already. I think Katie does this to prevent Suri’s known tantrums. I hope someone steps in to help Katie with her parenting skills.