Tom Cruise: 'Oblivion' Set Smiles!

Tom Cruise: 'Oblivion' Set Smiles!

Tom Cruise looks like he’s in a good mood on the set of his upcoming movie Oblivion on Tuesday (July 10) in June Lake, Calif.

Tuesday was the 50-year-old actor’s first day back to work after Katie Holmes announced that she was filing for divorce and the couple’s subsequent settlement.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Tom Cruise

Tom stars in the sci-fi flick about a soldier who is sent to a distant planet, where he has to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question everything he knows. Oblivion is slated for release next year.

20+ pictures inside of Tom Cruise working on Oblivion

• Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All
It's about time Cruise @ 07/11/2012 at 8:37 am

A big high five to THE MAN – Cruise for finally dumping her. Never understood why he would associate himself with a D list so-called actress. Cruise is a survivor..look who is already on the movie set looking relieved at the new chapter in his life.

On the other hand, look who doesn’t have a career..plain and simple because she just doesn’t have the talent. She needs to face it…she’s nothing more than a kid actress that got a lucky break just like the kids on the Brady Bunch, etc. She should be the one ashamed…threw her Catholic upbringing out to become a Scient., now all of a sudden, she’s against it? This speaks more of $$$ than anything.

Plain and simple, Tom gave her a 5 year contract which has been her highest paying job to date. Tom’s moved on..probably a long time ago. Look forward to seeing him with someone who makes him happy. Hope he’s smart enough to see the warning ($$) signs next time.

Finally after all these years, we won’t have to see Katie Holmes on JJ anymore. No career, no famous hubby to get attention for her now.

I guess she’ll have no choice but to parade Suri in front of the paparazzi like she has always done. Eventually though that will backfire…other celebs don’t do this….if she wanted to keep suri away from the paps she could do it. She just doesn’t want to.

Well it’s a good thing his life exploding happened at 50, because truthfully, how many more years does he have to be the main star and play action hero. He think he can do it forever (I personally thought he looked older in last MImp). Because no matter how good he looks for 50, he is still now the of many moviegoers Dads and his time to be a supporting acting and not the main guy is very near. So lucky it happened now versus when he was younger. Because to me, no matter how good the movie or performance he gives, you can’t help but think of his manic ways and crazy alien beliefs and now how he lives his life out of the movies. The quick settlement showed me he likely has TONS he wants to keep hidden. Everytime he is in a movie now and doing interviews, all you can think of is his crazy beliefs and life.

He is still now the *AGE* of many moviegoers Dads….

Nise Rose @ 07/11/2012 at 9:51 am

He is still hot and that´s what matters. People talk like they know those celebrities. That´s creep me out.

Gossipgirl @ 07/11/2012 at 10:54 am

@OHPLEASE!: And you know all of this because??? Please, nobody is spilling bile; Katie is just not the poor innocent victim that the press are making her out to be. In fact, it seems that she was pretty calculating. And there is no reason to keep this man from seeing his child, even she knew that no court would grant her sole custody. So I don’t know how you get to “she had him by the balls”.

Gossipgirl @ 07/11/2012 at 10:56 am

@Nise Rose: Word! I will always go to a Tom Cruise movie.

The only reason the divorce was settled so quick is cause Cruise caved and gave away his daughter for the love of his cult. Thats sick. What kind of man turns their back on their kid? Tom Cruise does and thats disgusting.

I hope Katie ends up being a big star after getting her kid away from Cruise and I hope everyone starts to see Cruise for what he is. A total complete wacko lunatic who doesnt even love his own daughter.

@jannie:

She’ll won’t be a big star, jannie. if she wasn’t when she was married to Tom, she never will be. That’s a simple outcome to predict.

I don’t like Tom. I used to think he was a good actor but now I don’t. I never watch any of movies anymore. They just don ‘t appeal to me anymore. I should say he does not appeal to me anymore. I support Katie whole heartely. In the past few years she looked miserable in pictures. Now post Tom pictures makes her look happy. I am happy for her. I do hope she continues to be happy.

TC choose his career and religion over his family. So obvious and also obvious TC wants his life behind the scenes quiet, knows would freak out the public and we all already think he’s wack. Likely why the quick settlement, he needs to save face so sacrificed his family and they took a hit for his beliefs plus his huge ego that needs feeding. He choose his career. Weird, TC’s not 20 anymore and starting out, he has mega-$ and could just do the odd film and enjoy his family he claimed in EVERY INTERVIEW he loved so much to spend time with (yeah right). TC is not he big star he once was on the big screen and now with his weird lifestyle exposed, the general public likely just find him to be a weirdo whenever they see him onscreen or off.

I should add that though I write the word “religion”, it’s not that, it’s a cult, plain and simple. Any org. who alianates you from your family and takes a portion of your money and drills their beliefs into you, follows you around, is a cult.

i know people hate him and he is a weirdo but he is still TOM CRUISE, bajillionaire, who could still probably get any woman he wants.
his divorce wasnt dragged out, wrapped up in 2 weeks.
that’s very tom cruise no hassle efficient.
and we hear he’s going to get to see suri lots.
why wouldnt he be happy and smiling~

OHPLEASE! @ 07/11/2012 at 2:13 pm

@GOSSIPGIRL: I’m not actually able to follow your reasoning clearly but I shall try to respond to the points I believe you are trying to raise vis a vis my previous comments on page 1. (i) “you know all of this because???” – I know all of what? That Katie “blindsided” Tom Cruise and his people? FACT: People Magazine’s interview with Tom a few days before Holmes moved to end their marriage. Cruise was gushing about their relationship describing his perfect day as spending “time with Kate.” If those words of Tom’s and the actions of Katie are not the definition of someone who was “blindsided” then I do not know what is…(ii) Spitting bile: Please take a moment to look at the words Tom’s supporters are using across the internet to describe Katie from “loser” “talentless” “d-list, so called actress” and these are just the tame ones. Definition of bile: bitterness, rancour, peevishness…I’d say even these tame comments reflect “bile” (iii) At no point do I say Katie was an “innocent victim” so do not put words in my mouth…What I wanted to convey with my comments was, and is, that Katie Holmes understood exactly what she had to do to get out of an unhappy marriage to Tom Cruise and she did it very well! As she did indeed “blindside” Tom and his people, (see my above People Magazine explanation), I’m sure you will agree she put in the best performance of her life ergo a fine actress after all. As for Katie being “calculating”, your words not mine, I’m sure you will also agree, all mothers are calculating if they feel it is necessary to protect their young. (iv) You state that Katie is keeping her daughter from seeing her father…erm, Tom Cruise has repeatedly exclaimed, in every interview, that his family is the most important aspect of his life and he loves to spend time with them yet, after 11 days of negotiation, he settles on giving Katie sole custody. Forgive me if I say that does not strike me as a man who “loves spending time with his family” nor a man who fought to have joint custody so I think you are confused as to who wants to spend time with the child in this relationship and who does not…As for my comment “she had him by the balls” I really do not think it takes a genius to work out Tom and his people “settled” in 11 days to avoid “something”…even the most amicable divorces do not settle in 11 days and I would refer you to speak to a divorce lawyer…Perhaps you and Tom’s team wish us to believe it was settled because of altruism…well, that would be a first for the scientologist under attack now wouldn’t it?! Have I ever met Tom or Katie? Yes. Have I ever had any dealings with scientologist? Yes, which is why I am team Katie!! Can the same be said of you?

They both wanted out of this marriage. It has been a nightmare for Cruise since the start and he and Katie were tired of being the town jokes. They brought it on themselves, but they both wanted out. That’s why they both settled so fast. When Suri gets to the rebellious preteen years, she will run to her fathers house as soon as she gets mad at Katie. Kids do that all the time. And then Tom will fill her head with whatever he wants. Actually he can do that now since he has “generous” visitation. Suri will break all ties with Katie by the time she’s 10 or 11.

Go Ask Alice @ 07/11/2012 at 2:39 pm

@jannie:
Facts;;;;;;;;;;;;
Tom Cruise will see Suri Cruise when he can, wants to, and without Kaite’s bodygurads, annies, etc. Ok, say Suri is with Kaites’ bodygurads, nannoes, STILL ,TOM will see his kid.
Kaite Cruise dod not, couldnot, and would not do that. Suir is alwready a headcase mess waiting to happen. To take her away from her father, a fahter who is good to her and which she loves, is wrong.
Kaite , by all accts from what has been leaked. has her prenup money and maybe a lil extra. Full custody of Surie :schools, church, relgion, location of permantnet residence, medical, pshyical, menatal, emptional, all but financial . That is where Tom comes in at probably $30 a month for Suir’s upkeep and the fee increases as she ages.
Kaite KNEW all about Tom, CofS, Tom’s split from Nicole, all of it and yet, Kaite, (no big talent, so-so looking,mediocre actress) marreid him. The contract was up. The gig as TomKate was up and she bailed. They both singed quickly to avoid a media frenzy as he did with Nciole Kidman ( 6mnths done deal).
That feral lloking child neds to be taken out of the public eye and not talked about by either parents. Kaite parades her around like this years new handbag.

Go Ask Alice @ 07/11/2012 at 2:42 pm

that is , probably $30,000, 30 thousand a month in child support is what Tom pays Kaite and that will increase as Suir ages.

Katie’s lawyers say the details that have been circulating about the settlement are not true. No one except the lawyers and the parties involved know the exact terms. Judging by the official statement, Tom will not be cut out of Suri’s life.
The divorce was settled so quickly because most of the terms had been agreed on years ago when the couple married. No doubt Katie’s lawyers got her more because she caught Tom unprepared by filing when she did in and in NY. She was smart to strike first.

Seems to me they both got what they wanted in the end or am I missing something? TC’s first wife was his “older” woman but after that? He went for the younger, less worldly, perceived naive image boosting arm trophies to bear his offspring. Granted NK for whatever reason could not biologically conceive with TC (enter Conner and Isabella) but she had all the other key elements that made her an envied woman of millions for close to 10 years. In fact, being Mrs. TC ultimately was the best move NK made because it allowed her access to a world that allowed her to become a highly paid and accomplished actress in her own right, not to mention a woman strong enough to survive being the ex of TC and to find what appears to be her destined happiness as a wife/mother with KU and their girls.

I didn’t cry a river for NK nor will I be doing so for KH either. She married her fairytale prince and came to find out it wasn’t happily ever after after all. It happens. Since it takes 2 to say “I do” then it takes both people to either make it work or fail. KH was not so naive that she did not know from the beginning to the end that she made a choice to become TC’s wife and took the chance to reap the benefits and downfalls of all that entailed. The girl wasn’t living under a rock. Their religious differences alone were front and center from day 1 and still she married this man so, again, I’m not going to cry tears for her or Suri because in spite of what is being speculated as her having to “live through hell” she also has had many a benefit in marrying the man who just topped the Forbes list for wealthiest celebrity for the year. It will benefit Suri and in turn KH as well. Who knows what went on behind closed doors but I don’t see any victims here regardless. Two adults made the conscious effort to blend their lives and it didn’t fly. What else is new? Happens every day. Both are smiling for the paps so whatever is going on behind closed doors or not the money mill and celebrity machine is still moving right along to the advantage of both it would seem.

internet doesnt represnt world @ 07/11/2012 at 5:48 pm

If it does Jennifer Aniston would have been the biggest star in the world for playing the victim.Katie is a starlet who will never be a movie star like Tom.She is trying to pull a Jen Aniston but sad to say it won’t work.

Waaaayyyy to easy!!!! @ 07/11/2012 at 5:57 pm

people look at what happen!!!
do you really think she was able to hide this from Tom and those Scientology Nut Jobs? I would be willing to bet they have been working on ending this Charade for quite sometime.

This seems a little to clean and easy.I would not be surprise if this was all planed out and orchestrated by Tom and his people( Scientology.) Everyone knew Katie Holmes has been unhappy for sometime . Maybe this was the way Tom and his people could get rid of an unhappy wife, quick and easy. If you think about it makes sense, who reaches a divorce agreement in 11 days, NO ONE ! I don’t care if there is a pre nup, it does not happen. He tells her, “file for divorce and I won’t contest it, I will give you what you want” (meaning, what is in the pre nup) they go their separate ways and have a happy life. He looks like a saint, Katie looks like one smart cookie.( I’m sorry she is not that good of an actress, DULL!) I doubt seriously that she could have fooled all his people.

Scientology people are scary, they all could get jobs at the CIA easy

His people, #2? He had nothing to do with how his church is run!

Why are you so sure that Holmes just HAD to behave like this? How does it appear that Cruise gave up anyone at all? You didn’t respect Holmes just because she married a guy with a different religion?

How so, #10?

What mess, #15? You have no idea how their marriage was like including how salvageable.

Stop talking about things you know nothing about, #33? What do you even mean by caving? If Cruise got primary custody, would you say that Holmes had caved and turned her back on her daughter?

How on Earth is Cruise give anything up by not being the primary custodial parent, #36? If he had, you just would have said that he was a jerk for separating his daughter from her mother or some other such nonsense.

Strike first, #45? Divorce shouldn’t be a competition.

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All