Demi Lovato Covers 'Self Magazine' August 2012

Demi Lovato Covers 'Self Magazine' August 2012

Demi Lovato goes green on the cover of Self Magazine‘s August 2012 issue.

Here is what the 19-year-old singer and X Factor judge had to share with the mag:

On her X Factor co-judges: “Britney [Spears] is such a sweet girl! We’ve gone through a lot of the same things, so we have a connection. Simon [Cowell]’s so funny and so cool, and LA [Reid]—he’s really awesome. He seems really, really sweet so I’m excited to get to work with all of them. I was totally nervous about Simon, too. I was expecting him to be mean or something, because of American Idol, you know? He’s like so, just, real.”

On how her perception of beauty changed over the years: “I used to feel my most beautiful when I was on the red carpet or at events or something where I’m all dolled up. Now I feel like the moment when I feel most beautiful is when I’m able to hang out with a guy without my makeup on or lay on the beach with no makeup on and not even worrying about what my hair or what I look like before I fall asleep. When I’m confident enough to show myself without makeup on, that’s when I feel my most confident.”

On being diagnosed with bipolar disorder
: “Finding out I had a real emotional disorder helped me put together the pieces of the puzzle. I remember being on my tour bus thinking, My life is so awesome right now, but I’m so depressed. Then, a few days later, I’d be on top of the world. It was really confusing. When I got diagnosed, my life made more sense.”

FYI: Demi wore a Minnie Rose knit top and Rosena Sammi‘s Festival Chandeliers earrings in the spread.

For more from Demi, visit Self.com!

demi lovato self magazine august 2012 01
demi lovato self magazine august 2012 02
demi lovato self magazine august 2012 03
demi lovato self magazine august 2012 04

Posted to: Demi Lovato, Magazine

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Brit&Simon&some black @ 07/16/2012 at 5:27 pm

WOW photoshop rulez. She doesn’t look like herSELF. Fail.

definitely photoshop

obviously photoshopped, that is not what her body looks like

She’s beautiful, sweet and smart! I wish her the best <3

She’s beautiful, talented and smart! I wish her the best <3

How old are these pictures?

MusicGirl @ 07/16/2012 at 5:56 pm

Demi is beautiful. There may have been photoshop on her face but not much on her actual body. If any of you, which clearly none of you sending rude comments, know the photo is taken from the side plus they are angling the camera not to mention she has her chest and butt pushed out. If anyone has seen candids from when she took these photos youd see she looks just like that and candids have no photoshop. Demi has always had a slim waist she has curvy hips and a butt, which is proven in this cover. But really I don’t need to explain that to any of you when really you don’t care. All you people like to do is sit at a computer behind a screen and hate on someone who has done no harm to you and no wrong to you which is pretty sad. But really it’s the magazines fault if they photoshop it’s the magazines decision what gets printed so why don’t you blame them if you wanna be rude to someone.

Demi is a beautiful young talented woman and I hope the best for her. She has an amazing voice and I’m glad she can share it with the world. It’s nice to see someone who isn’t stick thin now and days when all you see on tv is skinny girls or commercials for how to lose weight. Go Demi I wish you the best and rock those curves.

Why do people point out photoshop? we know it’s photoshop every magazine picture of celebs is photoshop why do people seem shocked by this? if you saw all these celebs walking down the street trust me they look just like any other person nothing glamours about them…..So stop acting as if a celeb being photoshoped is a new thing

Erm not exactly sure what everyone is talking about but these photos don’t look that photoshoped compared to most photos that usually do…..And the only thing different about Demi is she changed her hair color and also she looks pretty curvy to me so they did not slim down her weight with photoshop i with she looks great

@lola Agreed! I don’t see much photoshop either she still looks curvy like always. I think she looks great & beautiful

@MusicGirl Agreed!

But yeah I don’t see much photoshop. Demi looks beautiful & curvy like always. She has curvy hips and a butt & a slimmer waist which is what I see. So I don’t see why people are complaining. Photoshop isn’t anything new in magazines they do it but that’s there fault not the person who they have in the magazines. I don’t think they slimmed her down with photoshop because she still looks curvy & amazing to me.

@Brit&Simon&some black dude: I guess you not aware of something called camera angles right? Do the world a favor and educate yourself. Short of that, off yourself doll :)

@alex: More like definitely heavily lensed cameras and different angles being shot. Of you gonna poke fun at her, at least have an idiot of intelligence to find a plausible attack. Idiot.

@nicole: Actually that is what her body looks like. Notice the way she is turned and how her side has more emphasis rather than her front. We call that angles. We call that taking shots from different angles. What you see as “photoshop” is actually something called general photography. Seriously if you’re gonna slam her, do it properly.

I’m starting to think that all of Demi’s haters are just ignorant.

I don’t understand why her haters are so stupid. Seriously guys, if you’re gonna hate on a celebrity have a plausible argument. Do you guys know anything about photography at all? I guess common sense is a foreign concept to team “we hate Demi” you should also call yourselves team “we hate general edication” morons loo.

That blonde hair is terrible!

loverducky @ 07/16/2012 at 6:31 pm

I am not trying to hate, I just think she should take a cue from the things she says, and put them into action. She says she feels most beautiful when not worrying about hair, and without makeup..when she can feel confident like that..So she should learn to not need to be dolled up all the time. She covers herself up in way too much makeup , awful hair extensions, and awful clothes, when she could just be so beautiful without any of that. She should listen to her on words.

It looks like it was just shot at a different angle I doubt it was photoshopped.She has talked about it not being healthy for kids to see skinny girls on covers of magazines so I doubt she would have her self photoshopped to look skinnier.It looks from the picture that she is pushing her ass out so that’s probably why some people think its photoshopped.

@loverducky: Well I wasn’t referring to you but you’re taking what she said out of context. Saying “she needs to take a cue from what she says.” is misconstruting what she says. You are aware that self is a fashion magazine right? A magazine that kinda promotes fashion and imaging? So it’s pretty lame on your end to think she shouldn’t be wearing making up or anything like that

@David: That, and people are just idiots. Especially the morons here on jj.

Byron6igBolt @ 07/16/2012 at 6:57 pm

what Leslie explained I cant believe that any one able to profit $4330 in 1 month on the computer. did you see this web site(Click on menu Home more information) http://goo.gl/zTvq4

you people who complain about photoshop realize that the picture is taken at an angle, right? the way you position yourself in front of a camera and even the clothes that you wear all can change the way you appear on camera -_____-

@keka: Apparently the concept of photography is lost on the demi haters. That as well as the concept of common sense.

I guess it’s true what they say, ignorance is bliss right haters? Lol. Come on. You morons can do better than this :)

You people are too focused on looks. Did you read what she said? I’m more outraged about what she said about Britney….I mean, she can feel a connection but she and Britney having been through “the same things” , WHAT THE HELL? Demi’s problems are her problems. Nothing to do with what Britney’s been through, the whole failed marriage and overexposed downfall. Really. As much as I like Lovato, she’s talking bull-ish. But yeah, if you wanna talk about the pictures, definitely some photoshop here and there but what do you want? Every damn girl on magazines is hella photoshopped!

She just keeps contradicting herself. She tries to teach young girls not to care about your body image, or you shouldn’t try to change your body to be like women on magazines. Demi, you’re on a magazine, a self magazine about the body. Your showing those young girls what they should look like.

@Stunna: Your absolutely right. Britney spears ever went through a public break down where she was diagnosed with being bipolar and spent time in a rehab facility to battle addictions right? Nah Britney spears didn’t go through that at all. We just imagined all of that shiz that happened in 2007.

Do you idiots even think about what you say or do you just randomly talk out of your ass? As far as photoshop goes, do the world a favor and enroll yourself in a basic photography class. See what you see as photoshop, a general photographer will see things like light sources, angles, camera lenses and what not, things that kind of alter a picture? Oh yes idiot. There are many things that can make something look different without the use of photo shop. Maybe if you weren’t a blithering idiot with a pseudo intellectual mindset, you would actually look up this stuff before you post. Please for the love of god and all that is good in this world. Kill yourself. Please? We really don’t need to spend money on fools like you for an education that you will never benefit from.

@Qiana: So being on a magazine cover means that you’re contradicting yourself? First off I’m not one to give a damn about these mags. However I have enough common sense to know that it takes a lot more than a magazine to tell young girls who they should look like. Also shape is about fashion. All sorts of different fashions. Her talking about what she likes has nothing to do with a girls self esteem. Us adults call that, bad parenting.

Someone not from the USA @ 07/16/2012 at 11:09 pm

Demi, please, stick to the natural color of your hair, it fits you so much better! You’re pretty, girl :)

loverducky @ 07/17/2012 at 2:01 am

@Ego:

I am not talking about this magazine shoot. I am just talking about her style in general..particularily what she has wearing lately for X-factor. I don’t think I am taking her words out of context at all. I am just saying, basically, that she is naturally pretty, and she is right to feel her prettiest without all the glitz. And I am not trying to start arguments, so there is no need to call me lame.

Sadly she does contradict herself and all this talk about being confident with her body seems just talk because she is always trying to make herself look different. In my opinion this look is not for the better and not what young girls should aspire to with the tight dresses, trashy blonde hair etc. To me Demi has looked her best with natural dark hair and minimal make up and clothes that cover her boobs and butt.

why people has to analyze and criticize everything? she looks pretty … ugh whatever, these comments are boring and redundant!!!

she’s really pimping out her emotional disorders. Yes it’s good that u can advocate your struggles and accomplishments and be a “role model” to young girls if u overcame bulimia, but literally every single thing i see about her whether it be a magazine, tv interview, commercial she the subject is always about her personal issues. ENOUGH

If I pulled up at the beach and saw her with the surf board dressed like that I would ask her if we could just sit on the beach in silence and I hold her hand. Just to know I held the hand of the most beautiful woman on the face of Gods green earth……Man go to the video of her arriving at the Greensboro X Factor auditions in that orange dress and her hair styled high dollar and think about the fact I stood out in 95 degree heat , clear sun for four hours just for the glimpse of the princess. Sadly no autograph. But at least I have a four year running of seeing her in person now. Never disappoints

This is too sad. They photoshopped way too much on her body. They obviously photoshopped her butt to look bigger, her thighs to look smaller, her waist to look thinner, and her arms to look thinner. It was pointless photoshopping though.

@Doug: Uhm, creeper, she is not the most beautiful creature on this earth or a princess to everyone. I seriously found this comment beyond creepy.

Proud natural skin toned! @ 08/07/2012 at 12:00 am

I thought she said tanning was gross and that she would never be caught with orange skin. Bless her heart… and her terribly low self esteem.

Lisa Waite @ 08/07/2012 at 1:42 am