Tom Cruise & Suri: Daddy Daughter Day!

Tom Cruise & Suri: Daddy Daughter Day!

Tom Cruise holds tight to his daughter Suri as the two head to the car while spending a daddy-daughter day on Tuesday (July 17) in New York City..

The 50-year-old recently divorced actor and his 6-year-old little one were spotted out together earlier in the day on their way back to Tom‘s hotel.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Tom Cruise

Tom has been hard at work lately filming a sci-fi flick called Oblivion.

FYI: Suri is holding her favorite Little G from Little Giraffe!

10+ pictures inside of Tom Cruise and Suri enjoying some daddy-daughter time together…

tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 01
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 02
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 03
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 04
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 05
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 06
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 07
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 08
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 09
tom cruise suri daddy daughter day 10

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Oh boy. Now we get daily up dates on Tom carrying Suri. And Tom doing this with Suri. And Tom doing that with Suri.

True words, Just so, but I rather see Tom with Suri that Katie. He at least seems comfortable and confident as a parent.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 07/17/2012 at 8:50 pm

…fcuking animals wont stop stalking them.

@Owen: if body language proves anything i have to agree.

Just when she was getting used to walking and having a routine, he shows up to carry her. Poor kid. Her life is gonna be hell from here on out.

So happy to finally see Suri with Tom. She’s still a little girl and needs her father as much as she needs her mother. I just saw a video of Tom and Suri and realized the reason he carries Suri is to get her through the sea of stupid and annoying paparazzi as fast as possible. He’s protecting her, that’s all.

To quote Shorty:

Run, b-tch, ruuuuun!

@Owen: If body language proves anything then i have to agree!

I’m not a fan, but I’m glad Tom is seeing his daughter. Katie has be photographed with her pretty much every day since the divorce. Tom seems like a good father and Suri is so young and anyone that can’t see she missed her father is just crazy.

Katie’s bodyguard…

lexy hates bilson @ 07/17/2012 at 8:59 pm

Tom has been working on a movie and she stays with her mother. It’s not like we never see him with any of his kids! I’m sure he talks to her.
Katie needs to leave town – all this media attention is not good for Suri!!

so he carries her around as if she was a helpless toddler too? hm… that’s great.

Owen

Pehaps it’s best asking Nicole Kidman and their two children or even Katie Holmes for that matter before making a judgment about how ‘comfortable and confident’ he is.

Caroline Jenkins @ 07/17/2012 at 9:08 pm

A child her age should be able to walk around on her own instead of having to be carried by either parent. I suspect she is emotionally immature for a 6 year old and maybe, just maybe, Katie sees a break with him as necessary before anything can be done for Suri.

I know Suri hates the paps, but it would be nice seeing her walking by herself. She’s not a baby anymore.

lexy hates bilson @ 07/17/2012 at 9:15 pm

Yes, Caroline b/c toddlers everywhere are MOBBED by photographers when they leave their apartment. They have strange men knocking each other over and shouting her name and her mom & dad’s name over and over again. They have camera men following them into enclosed spaces and taking their pictures!!
I don’t blame him for carrying her!! The animals will probably trample her to death!!

to Caroline

yes, at six years old Suri should be walking. however, this child is terrified of the paps; body language does not lie. look at how Suri is burying her face against Tom.

to Eresyn

not long ago i, and others, here in Manhattan saw Suri walking on her own holding Katie’s hand. within minutes, i kid you not, the paps surrounded Suri like sharks in a feeding frenzy flashing their cameras. Suri was terrified; so of course Katie picked her up. if Suri were my child i would have done the same thing.

@Whale: that made no sense. His two older children chose to stay with him. Nicole kidman had said so on 60 minutes (australian news program). And no one here knows what kind of parents they are. what if katie is abusive? what if he is? we cant sh*t we dont know

judge sh*t we dont know*

Ahhh, good old Jared. Always happy to throw children into the Great American Celebrity Fishbowl. Leave the kids alone *******.

I feel like if they really wanted privacy Katie wouldn’t have set up camp in New York City.

is girl is problematic

Suri
Age: 6 ½
mental age: 2

Get real folks @ 07/17/2012 at 9:36 pm

@lexy – ITA. [For some strange reason whenever I respond to one of your posts - usually on a Gwen or Jen Garner article- my comment gets deleted or never makes it past the moderator. No profanity, hate or anything like that, but the comment police don't like me I guess]

Anyway to all those picking on Suri for not walking, have you ever seen these pervy paps in action – here you just have pictures, but video gives you a true appreciation for what’s going on….. These guys are out for blood and don’t stop til they get what they’re after — calling out to young children, hanging out in playgrounds, it’s just wrong on so many levels. It doesn’t surprise me that many of them are actually registered s*x offenders. Do you blame Tom and Katie for trying to shield their daughter??

tinkerbell @ 07/17/2012 at 9:43 pm

this is just a big war of images… first Katie shows she is a great mother who is very involved—to all the tabloids as much as possible, now Tom has to show up….

UGH.

I’ve never seen any other celeb kid act that way. Not the Brangelinas kids, Afflecks, Depps, Rossdales, Chris Martins, Madonna’s, JLo’s, Beckhams… NO ONE. Sad thing is her weirdness fuels the public’s curiosity and the papz even more :/

@lola: why is everyone so upset that suri isn’t walking.. people should be more upset at the paps hounding her.. she is clearly scared of the paparazzi and so is carried and protected by her parents because of this. I would do this with my child too. It’s not a manner of spoiling her but protecting her.

ex nihilo @ 07/17/2012 at 9:48 pm

aaah, yes… daddy is right there to comfort his baby, juuust after the jarring incidents in which mommy’s car was hit 2x in 4 days by the paps and by a garbage truck that makes its rounds in the evening, apparently….

can’t wait for Suri to hit her teens

Carbon Copy @ 07/17/2012 at 9:51 pm

What a circus. So sad! He was taking her to her gymnastics class as he should. Keeping consistency is the best for her. The paps are animals and those who comment on Suri getting picked up by her parents are animals as well. You don’t see what’s going on and they can’t hide. If my child was scared I would not think twice to pick her up. Let them be!!!

Knowing that the paps will be stalking them they should at least let that little girl wear pants instead of a dress.
Children are always the ones who suffer most during a divorce.

Ela não usa calças. Ela é uma princesa. :D

Irritated Suri @ 07/17/2012 at 10:08 pm

Suri was very cute. Even four years. Now it’s cranky.
No other children is so famous.

I think he told Suri to hide HER face because he wants the cameras to take pictures of HIS face. He’s the move star and the scientology God.

@Irritated Suri:
She’s the most famous child because of her tantrums, weird faces and tics, inappropriate clothing, nightly outings, sweet treats intake and overall unusual behavior which is all her parents fault. Both of them.

paleezzzzz2 @ 07/17/2012 at 10:21 pm

I’m not rich, but even my apartment building has an indoor garage. Do they really need to walk right out the front door?! This is just a photo Op to show that Katie doesn’t have complete control of Suri. And Katie somehow manages to not be photographed while Suri’s gone. This child is being used by both parents and its really sad.

Irritated Suri @ 07/17/2012 at 10:24 pm

@ Jane
truth

so cruel @ 07/17/2012 at 9:44 pm #27

Thumb up Thumb down +2

***********************************************
Bears repeating. Other celeb kids are very adjusted to this limelight, even young ones as young as Seraphina Affleck and the Jolie-Pitt twins.
Suri is treated like an infant.

Suri must have the mental and emotional maturity of a 12 month old. Even my two year old is more advanced than Suri.

cannot believe how insensitive people are being. she is a child. can you imagine a grown man shoving a camera in your kids face? think about it. How would you react? and for the person who said ‘shiloh doesn’t act this way’, they don’t get that close to her.. and she does cover her face with her blanket. These are 40-50 yr old men taking a picture of a kid, and some are registered sex offenders, so if he wants to carry her i think thats fine.

Always have someone explaining the unbalanced behavior of this girl and her parents.

it’s not just the paps, the pic on tmz show just regular folk gawking at her and taking pics with their cell phone like she’s a zoo animal

Shiloh does not carry a blanket. No child that age does. Only the “baby princess”

paleezzzzz2 @ 07/17/2012 at 10:46 pm

He should walk her into the indoor garage and drive out of the building so no one can even take her picture. They invite this madness into Suri’s life. Poor child

@Alexis: yes she does, so does her little sister, Vivienne? and im not going to argue about kids.

@mt
Shiloh does. Vivienne does sometimes, but she is still small. Suri is huge and old.

The father always treated as an adult. The mother treats her like a baby.
This child is being cared for by two unbalanced.

@ Alexis
You must have lost his memory. Who started to compare and to argue about kids is you.

@Alexis: huge and old? they’re the same age. stop insulting children. theres a word for that.. you wana look it up?

@mt

Vivienne is not the same age as Suri. You must be crazy

Love The Shoes @ 07/17/2012 at 11:10 pm

@Owen: Just thinking the same thing Owen. Suri is almost clinging to him like “where have you been?!”

@mt
You’re a little change … Go take your meds.
I do not insult the girl. It really is huge and old to be transported.

Celebrities and their are problems that involve everyone … Comedy!

@Luna:

I was wrong. I meant “@mt”

@Luna: i wasn’t insulting a child tho’. and ‘off my meds’? because i dont want to talk bad about a kid? yeah maybe i am crazy.

PS- dont have children

Shame on you... @ 07/17/2012 at 11:48 pm

…Sycophant

Shame on you... @ 07/17/2012 at 11:50 pm

Toady

@lexy hates bilson:

Baloney. Shes an overly pampered and indulged brat created by her bimbo mom and weird dad. She is quite likely to have issues/and/or has some kind of autism

Other celebrity kids dont act they way she does.

@paleezzzzz2:

I agree. Tom wanted to show how good a dad he is. Otherwise, there is no reason why he could pick her up in the underground parking lot. Tom is always aware of his audience!

Quit psychoanalyzing people you’ve never met and telling others how to raise their kids, #14.

There are tons of them already and you know it, #15.

Exactly, #19.

She doesn’t have regular temper tantrums as you keep exaggerating, #37? What weird faces and tics and unusual behavior? So what if she’s seen eating sweet treats?

You don’t know where this is, #38.

Advanced how, #41? You’ve never met this girl!

What is ‘unbalanced’ about any of them, #43?

You don’t know where they are, #47.

You don’t know how she acts nor how she is raised since you’ve never met her, #66.

You also don’t know where they are, #67.

For all you people who go on about suri , go to 249 paps .com . on you tube ..Suri feeding the sheep at the zoo.
there are 2 videos of this.
One video starts when they arrive,( madness) the other one, when they are in the zoo.
The part wher suri is feeding the sheep, and is talking so animatedly to her mother, sharing the food with other kids, is so delightful, and you lot should honestly be ashamed on yourselves.
This little girl is so gorgeous, and i say gorgeous because she really is, and away from the paps just like any other little.
What struck me in the video was how attentive Katie was to her daughter, and if any of you are parents you would notice.
Suri is an innocent little girl, and all katie was doing was fixing her dress all the time, so that the paps wouldn’t take any pics they shouldn’t, and all through the video she’s taking things out of suri’s hair, and touching her child continuously.
I don’t doubt for one minute that tom loves Suri very much, but what puzzles me a bit, is the fact that all Toms family have become scientologists, his sisters, his mother, his other 2 kids, even his lawyer , i believe is a scie as well, so for me…..really this is something very puzzling.
Katie had to be a full scientoligist too ,and that’s it, so how is Tom dealing with his very own flesh and blood little girl, not being brought up in something he feels so passionate , or may I say fanatical about.
Whether it’s talk back radio, magazines, tv, people in supermakets, or being interviewed in the street about the breakup ….all say the same thing, Katie has SECRETS!
How does a man like TC with such infuence and power, not get 50/50 custody with Suri…..he did with Bella and Connor.
Unless, he still loves Katie, and wants her back, so he did this to please her which I doubt, since on one site, she is no longer reffered to as Katie , but Suri’s mother now.
Na.. there is more to this than we will ever know.!

Just my opinion @ 07/18/2012 at 2:15 am

#69 – Annie – All of Cruise’s family are Scientologists because I believe they are all on his payroll. He is their boss and brother. The line is blurred because they are family. Katie could NEVER be as close to Cruise as his sisters or Mother and the fact that she is wife no.3. I think when she married Cruise she was indoctrinated slowly into Scientology so she probably thought “what is the big deal?, I can do this.” In the beginning you see Katie shopping and shopping at Barney’s and dressing like a “grown up” but appeared awkward and out of place. She looked like she was playing the role of a grown up. I think when Cruise first became wealthy he shared his wealth with his mother and sisters and then put them on his payroll. They probably already went through the “spend and splurge phase” that we saw Katie go through when she hooked up with Cruise. There are pictures of her pregnant and shopping to her heart’s delight at Barney’s in Beverly Hills, Maxfields, Sax Fifth Avenue, etc. In November 2007, you can see her shopping in Paris, New York, Beverly Hills, etc. They (the Church of Scientology) probably slowly began to indoctrinate her and then demanded she attend more meetings, etc. I think that is when Katie decided to move to New York to appear in the Broadway play All My Sons (July 2008 thru Jan 2009). The previews began in September and the debut was early Oct thru Jan 2009. I think the motivation behind moving to New York was to get away from the Beverly Hills mansion because some of Cruise’s sisters and his mother live in that house with them and they probably have a lot of Scientology meetings there and little privacy. Instead of Katie being the lady of the manor I think Tom’s sister Cass is the lady of the manor. She is also the one that homeschooled Connor and Isabella.

She hates the paparazzi

Just my opinion @ 07/18/2012 at 3:00 am

I like the fact that we didn’t see Cruise parading Suri all day and night on the streets of New York. Instead he brought her over, spent time with her and then didn’t want to interrupt her regularly scheduled gymnastic classes and took her to her classes and then I think back to his hotel. I believe he will have her a few days. I am sure her former nannies and Tom’s sisters and Mom want to spend time with her so they prepared things to do with Suri indoors. I think when Cruise’s time is up it will be very emotional for Suri to return to Katie. Most little girls tend to be close to their daddies especially those that are pampered.

@just my opinion
Can’t agree with this one, Katie was – is still his wife, of course he loves his mother his sisters, but Katie and Suri should have come first. I think in the beginning Katie didn’t mind a lot of things, but slowly over time things changed.
She was very much in love with Tom, I remember at the MI3 premiere, she was holding him, and was still kissing him, and on his neck , I remember it so clearly. O bviously something went wrong- somewhere.
I agree that maybe Katie felt that she should be more grown up, she was in a different world, a world far removed from her own.
She lost herself, she really did , and as a longtime fan , I didn’t know who she was either, because she started looking so different and not in a good way
, Katie started to get unrecognisable to me, at times, she looked so drawn, always thought around 2008-2009 she had depression , I think a lot of people thought that something was up with her, but of course you can only guess at these things.
But I do feel sorry that things went wrong , whatever they were, and they are in this place now.
I remember her happiness, or her infatuation, or whatever it was, but I also saw her sadness.
With Tom, I hope what we saw was real, I believe it was, although a lot of people think it wasn’t, and I find that quite sad in a way.
I think around the time of the Morton book, the Scie video, and few other things, it kind of went downhill from there, maybe i’m wrong.
Also maybe as Suri was growing Katie did things , the Scie way, like potty training , the bottle, and stuff , maybe that direction wasn’t her choice deep down, who knows, and was getting flack for it everyday.
I remember in interviews , she used to talk about her sisters potty training their kids, and how busy they were, when she used to ring them up for a chat, and how she identified with them when she had Suri.
Lot of unanwered questions really, but we”ll never really know, although you can tell a little bit through interviews and little things, and later on down the track , you see , why she said what she said at the time, or even maybe things she wasn’t saying anymore.
My cousin married a man 18yrs older than her , lasted 2yrs, she didn’t listen to absolutely nobody, when they told her things, so i can see what happened to Katie.

@Alexis: i was referring to shiloh and suri.. not Vivienne.

I wonder if they explained to suri that they were famous and that people would want pics from them always.I see other Hollywood children and they really seemed accustomed towards paparazzi .
Maybe now with a more stable life she can cope with the fact that she will be photographed everytime she steps foot on the streets, just as Diana’s boys did.

watch the video, and you’ll understand why he is carrying her.

scary. poor little girl :(

just as Russell explained I cannot believe that a student able to earn $4282 in one month on the computer. did you look at this web page (Click on menu Home more information) http://goo.gl/L8sYH

Bottom line…this poor child looks miserable. So sad.

I think he’s carrying her through the throngs of paparazzi because he wants to be photographed with her. He could avoid them if he wanted.

@Get real folks:

But they don’t, not really. Many celebrity parents take steps to shield their children, by the lifestyle choices they make. Katie chooses to live in the heart of NYC where she can’t go anywhere without the paparazzi hounding her. Tom could stay at a hotel or apartment with a private entrance and not have to walk long distances through the hoards of photographers carrying his daughter, but he doesn’t.

There’s only two possible conclusions… these selfish parents want to be photographed with their child or else they just don’t care about the harm this mad crush is causing her.

@lola: See @Solecito above to get a different take on your comment :-)

Why don’t they buy Suri a stroller, or a baby buggy, to take the load off of their bodies, from carrying her around.

It creeps me out to see Suri with Tom. Not because he doesn’t care about her, sure he does as much as he’s capable of caring about anything (except CO$), but bothers me to know he’s going to try to fill her young mind full of cult garbage every chance he gets. I wished Katie would have seriously stuck it to him and made him surrender all parental rights. Sure she’s got plenty of dirt on him and could have made it happen but I know she’s trying to do right by Suri. She probably figures for Suri’s sake she can stomach a little Tom now and then, but even a little Tom can do a lot of harm.

crazylady @ 07/19/2012 at 5:25 am

Suri is a spoiled brat. Everytime you see her she is throwing a tantrum.
Why don’t they let the kid walk.

gillie cosgeove @ 07/19/2012 at 12:15 pm

Yes that is exactly what he is doing..I too saw the video and he is protecting her..It is scary.mobs of people,flashbulbs and people yelling out guestions. He seems to be doing the best for Suri..He is not walking her up and down the streets purposely exposing her to the press like her mother did for days following her public announcement of divorce..Tom takes her out the door and immediately gets into a car…Yesterday was great for them a ride in a helicopter away from those crazy streets..

gillie cosgeove @ 07/19/2012 at 12:46 pm

He is doing a great job…I too saw the video of them leaving the building..The press and fans are yelling out all kind of guestions and flashing bulbs are everywhere..I have to give credit to Tom as a parent he is doing the best job..He is not walking her up and down the streets for sympathy press as her mother did for days after publicly Submit Submit Submit announcing her divorce filing…When he takes her out he puts her immediately into a car…..Yesterday was really thought out a ride in a helicopter to enjoy time with each other while seeing the city and getting Suri off the streets. I was disappointed in Katie exposing her daughter to all those guestions and comments about her parents divorce. This child is not deaf…

gillie cosgeove @ 07/19/2012 at 1:21 pm

Like her mother protected her..She walked her up and down the streets right after her public announcement of divorce..Who does this to their child…..@lmimi: