Christian Bale Visits Aurora Shooting Victims

Christian Bale Visits Aurora Shooting Victims

Christian Bale has paid a visit to the victims of last week’s tragic shooting at a Dark Knight Rises midnight showing in Aurora, Co.

The 38-year-old actor, who portrays Bruce Wayne/Batman in the film, took it upon himself to pay his respects and give well-wishes to the survivors.

Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers,” a rep for the studio told the Denver Post.

“Words cannot express the horror that I feel. I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them,” Christian previously said in response to the shootings.

Dark Knight Rises actress Anne Hathaway also released a statement about the shootings this week, saying: “My heart aches and breaks for the lives taken and altered by this unfathomably senseless act. I am at a loss for words how to express my sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

Pictured inside: Anne spending the afternoon with her fiance Adam Shulman on Tuesday (July 24) in West Hollywood, Calif.

christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 01
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 02
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 03
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 04
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 05
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 06
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 07
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 08
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 09
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 10

Credit: Larry Busacca; Photos: Getty, AKM-GSI
Posted to: Adam Shulman, Anne Hathaway, Christian Bale, The Dark Knight Rises

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

that is awesome of him.!

GOOD PERSON.

What a nice thing to do. I’ve found a new respect for him.

/bow Mr. Bale

I’ll still eat you on a cracker btw

Good for him.

What a lovely thing for him to do. I’ve never believed he was the bad egg everyone made out to be.

Good for him. Thank you, Mr. Bale.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 07/24/2012 at 6:02 pm

…great guy. celebrities don’t do things lika that often

What a wonderful thing to do. I’m sure he is a most welcome bright spot.

Great man. I hope this deflects attention away from that Terminator incident. Christian befriends an activist in China and now he visits shootings victims in hospital. He’s a cool man.

1 Christian Bale > All of the Kardashians.

It was about time one of them did that.

dave Franco @ 07/24/2012 at 6:08 pm

“Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers,”

No ****. He is showing respect for the victims. Good on bale!

lexy hates bilson @ 07/24/2012 at 6:09 pm

That was very nice of him but not needed. I don’t think anyone holds he or any of the movie people responsible!

notyourfriend @ 07/24/2012 at 6:10 pm

I have to say, he really made me change my mind about him, and i must say i forgive his anger rants from now on….

kellyLove @ 07/24/2012 at 6:16 pm

Glad he finally changed people’s minds.. I always knew he was a great person. That’s a very nice thing to do :)

I think he sometimes get a bad rep because of his temper, but he does things like this all the time–random acts of kindness.

And lexy hates bilson–he isn’t doing this because he thinks people hold the film responsible, he is doing this most likely because he figures if people took the time and money to attend a showing of Batman they probably like the series/films and some of the actors. It is a way to bring a little cheer into an otherwise dark and senseless act.

mrscruise-theex @ 07/24/2012 at 6:28 pm

first and for most he did it without any press…he could easily take a camerateam with him or shoot a couple of pics for people magazin….he is such a kind person hats of to you mr. bale

very very nice act

Healing Heart @ 07/24/2012 at 6:44 pm

@Ange:
That incident was just some obnoxious employee that illegally recorded
and then leaked out a tape of what should have been considered a private matter. Christian Bale had no reason to apologize for it. He was being ambushed by the media because some loser on the set for the Terminator wanted to hurt him publicly. I heard it was resolved on the set just as most friends who argue resolve their conflicts privately but sadly because Christian is a FAMOUS ACTOR someone on that set was not satisfied until he was publicly abused.

Classy and low key. Very nice.

Class act! My opinion of him has changed.

Very nice. I’m sure his visit meant a lot to the victims and their families.

He didn’t have to do this. He could have just as easily called and sent his well wishes over the phone but he showed up in person. I’ve never been much of a fan of Christian Bale or his movies but I am now and have a new found respect for him. As a Colorado resident, I’d like to thank him for showing these people that he cares and is thinking of them. That’s class!

I read the article in the Denver Post, and it said that he asked that the media not be present during his visit. And the one picture I’ve seen of him with a victim was apparently taken from the victim’s Facebook page.

CatWomaNLovesBatMaN @ 07/24/2012 at 7:28 pm

Wow,reading the comments here, just made my heart melt,u guys are also class acts as well:) Well,this does not surprise me,Iv’e always known in my heart,that he was and is a special n caring human being,and he has always been very low key and private,always!:) It really warmed my heart and made the rest of my month and then some,just to see his handsome face,there with the victims:) Also,after seeing the news and the shooters hideous n frightening face yesterday,this is just a beautiful sight for my sore eyes to see:) I can go on and on about Christian Bale,I am just overjoyed by this,and I will definitely go to sleep tonite with a HUGE smile on my face,cuz Batman trumped the evil Joker n saved the day:) Keep getting better and stronger Aurora,we are all pulling for U,and we LOVE U!♥

I LOVE U CHRISTIAN BALE♥♥♥

More than words, good
i respect him now more

WOW!!! this might be the 1st time I don’t see any disliked comments nor else.. amazing, Christian Bale is sure the White Knight by his gesture

Love you even more Mr. Bale, if tha’ts possible

this is amazing of him. he didnt owe them anything. he obviously did this out of the kindness of his heart. makes me respect him so much.

Well Played Batman, Well Played.

I LOVE U Christian Bale ♥ ♥ ♥♥♥ you are the best!!!

That’s nice of him..Really great gesture.

Healing Heart @ 07/24/2012 at 9:36 pm

@CatWomaNLovesBatMaN:
Thanks for your kind post. We appreciate it very much. You sound like a very nice person but I just have to say one little thing. It might not be the best idea referring to that savage criminal James Holmes as the Joker out of respect to Heath Ledger and what a beautiful person he was. Heath Ledgers goal was to make the audience happy with his talented performance. Heath and Christian became dear friends. We don’t want to label that savage criminal James Holmes like anything but an inhuman waste of space on this earth.

I knew Christian Bale is that kind of guy.

Hot and even better, a big heart….now that’s one good package!

CatWomaNLovesBatMaN @ 07/24/2012 at 11:53 pm

@Healing Heart:

Hey there Healing Heart,love that name btw:) Thank U hun for ur kindness and honesty:) In my humble defense,I just want to say that,I was not in any way,dishonoring,nor disrespecting Heath Ledger’s “Joker”,or Heath Ledger himself,whatsoever.If it came across that way,then I sincerely apologize,it was NOT my intent…I just did NOT want to honor this low life excuse for a human being, by referring to him by his *actual name*,so I used the “Joker” instead,but only in the Hero v.Villain sense ONLY becuz Christian plays “Batman”.However, I do agree with u,we don’t need to label him,nor do we want to give him any more attention than he’s already received from the Media,he certainly does NOT deserve a mention in this forum,but I know that one can not always help not making reference to him,since he is the sole cause of this mayhem…I’m just so happy Christian’s handsome face,erased his out of my mind,just for a little while at least…God bless him♥♥♥

This was so amazing of him! He didn’t have to do it. I have a new respect for him.

@Ange: Yes, I saw that video in China where he attempted to visit the blind activist. That was great. Even if he knew that would be good for his image, many actors would not bother to go that far. Visiting the victims in Colorado was a nice gesture. He may have a terrible temper but that’s all. I like C. Bale. He’s a talented actor.

So nice of him to do this, something that is fromt he kindness of his heart and thats that and nothing more.

LOVE CHRISTIAN @ 07/25/2012 at 3:02 am

Love Christian and the commentors who posted here. This is the first time ever that I didn’t read anything mean or nasty on a JJ article. There are some good ones here.

That’s such a nice thing to do!! It must be horrible for the whole cast. Here you are an actor in a movie and all of sudden you somehow feel responsible for such a tragedy. Horrible…

Nice act, Christian.
#Respect.

Sunshine Daydream @ 07/25/2012 at 6:42 am

Such a class act! That kind of action goes a long, long way. Well done, Mr. Bale.

Christian Bale didn’t owe the victims anything (no one involved in the movie does) but it’s very nice that he chose to visit and brighten their day. Very low-key and respectful!

Batman in the movie! Batman in reality! Christian Bale you are best!
I’m your fan forever!

He has always been a very classy guy! Respect, Christian!

I love you bale @ 07/25/2012 at 1:07 pm

What a wonderful act of kindness those poor victims must have been thrilled when you showed up

There is also pic of Christian and guy in the hospital, but with respect I will not post it.

But here are some pics of sibi and Christian xx

Sickandtiredofactsofviolence @ 07/26/2012 at 4:06 am

I had a feeling he would be very affected by this and I am so gratefull that he went to Aurora, for the folks there and for himself.
He is a real super hero in my book!

Here is an article that my colleague Shannon Ivey wrote about the heroes in Aurora and the trip Christian Bale made there to visit the victims. I’m sure you will like this as it is not our usual political commentary:

Have you seen Christian’s wife? Sibi? She is OK looking. Sibi has pretty eyes but she has a “gummy” smile and her mouth looks like a horse’s mouth. :(