Robert Pattinson's 'Rover' Gets Green Light!

Robert Pattinson's 'Rover' Gets Green Light!

Robert Pattinson has made his first big career move since news broke that his girlfriend Kristen Stewart had cheated on him with director Rupert Sanders.

The 26-year-old’s upcoming project The Rover has been given the green light by Screen Australia, according to The Hollywood Reporter!

Set in the Australian desert, The Rover is a futuristic western that “tells the story of Eric (Guy Pearce), who has left everything, everyone and every semblance of human kindness behind him, as he’s forced to join an injured gang member, Rey (Pattinson), to hunt down Rey’s gang after they steal the last of Eric’s possessions.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Robert Pattinson’s new role?

Getty

Finally some good news! Yay for Rob :))

You’ll get there Robert. You deserve better, after you kept defending Kristen again again and now she did this Urgh!

i know rob will forgive her! cheating is bad but this is just the first time kristen did this. forgive and love

notyourfriend @ 07/25/2012 at 10:56 pm

The director has a type, dark hair and slim!

congrats rob! but yeah i hope u forgive her

so happy for rob. his career will flourish with or without kristen. i just hope he finds happiness whichever way he needs to

I hope he kicks her to the curb.

Yay! That is awesome for Robert! He will be able to get away from LA and Kristen Stewart if it’s filmed in Australia. Plus the cast has the amazing Guy Pearce!

I’ll definitely be seeing this when it comes out! It stars my two favorite actors – The amazing Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce!

I’m glad he’s doing well career wise, and I sure hope he dumps Stewart’s sorry a*ss. Even before I knew she cheated on him I always thought he could do so much better!

He must be relieved, now there’s no need to care about a fake relationship.

Rob, now that you are single, you should ask Emma Watson out! ;-)

This is good news. Congrats Rob :)

I’m glad KStew is exposed. I always thought Rob was too happy, goofy and handsome to be with her. She is so sullen, crass and trashy. Go Rob!

lots of love to rob @ 07/25/2012 at 11:26 pm

@Kirsten: more then that it’s like since he met her, her unlikable-ness slowly rubbed off on him, he started to become this dopey unwashed shell of what he used to be… some girls can do that to a guy. When you see his interviews from his harry potter days he seemed a lot more lively! Hope now that Robb can go back to being his old self, best of luck to him.

Congrats to Robert! Working with Guy Pearce is a total upgrade from anything Kristen Stewart.
Hopefully this bit of news will get his mind off the media storm he and that directors family are going through.

yess!!! i love western films. but futuristic? woah there… haha.

i can’t wait for him to be done with stewart so he can find a girl with morals, hopefully a much less boring/awkward personality, and maybe some actual warmth to her.

genial que emosion the rover con luz verde grande robert pattinson

team robert forever in great

PR stunt?

Looks like it

Good for him. I’m not exactly a fan but all I really want to do right now is give him a hug. :(

Good For him! He is talented, handsome, and a good person. Everything KStew is not

Time to move on, Rob. You can do SO much better.

My 2 Cents @ 07/26/2012 at 12:11 am

Good for your Rob! Working with Guy Pearce Awesome.

his #1 thing he doesn’t understand in life is why people cheat. So I truly truly hope he finds the strength to leave her and move on with his life. Noone who has the amount of love and respect for this man as she claims would cheat on him and look like she was enjoying it so much!

I could only imagine his “people” trying to protect him during this public humiliation but honestly I can see him saying “show me the pictures” and his heart breaking as he sees her disgusting betrayal.

Dont forgive her Rob. Noone deserves this and she doesn’t deserve you!!!

sorry for the rant, but if they were doing this out in public and in a car could you imagine what went on behind closed doors?????? I’ll never buy them saying this was the only time! BULL_SH*T! They were spotted in germany having dinner alone, but no one ever thought anything of it. He’s married with kids and he was her director.

UGH! HEARTWRENCHING. LOVE YOU ROB!!!!!!

aquarius64 @ 07/26/2012 at 12:19 am

Beyonce’s “Irreplaceable” is appropriate here. To Rob – don’t let Summit pressure you to take K-Stew back to save BD2 box office! Take your time to find out how to deal on your terms.

Yaaaay.finally good news .he has a bright future .this movie will be amazing and mission blacklist too !!
Don’t worry Robert u are handsome,cute,funny,sweet and talented and u ‘ll go through that !!
Even if kristen didn’t cheat on him ,i want him to find a new woman less rude than her !!
Love u Robert ,always and foreve <

I guess Stewart couldn’t get “The God Of Thunder” so settled for someone with the seven year itch..ah well..I guess the fact she already had the hottest guy out there just wasn’t enough, she wanted the casting couch too.

It’s not like we haven’t seen this before. After one of her photo shoots I told people she reminded me of a young Elizabeth Taylor, hey, Kristen, you didn’t have to prove me right you know..it was just an observation. Think about how Liz ended up. But seriously, how does it feel like to humiliate people you are suppose to care about? Sad..really bloody sad.

I’ll be looking at “Breaking Dawn II” in a totally different light, and really don’t know if I want to see it now.

WHAT A ****!!!

When does Mission: Blacklist start filming?

Would she have apologised if she wasn’t caught? I’ll never support her.

good for him. now maybe he can focus on this, and not his ****** gf. what i want to know is rob going to take her back. i would have never thought in a million years that kristen would do this to him.

Daisy Kenyon @ 07/26/2012 at 1:22 am

This will be good for him–throw himself into the work. Hopefully filming starts soon.

I don’t get why you feel so bad for Rob. C’mon it happens all the time and it happened at least once to everyone I know. It’s always hard when your partner cheats and everyone knows about it but it’s kinda normal thing. The real issue here is that Kristen is a homewrecker and I feel worse for that guy’s wife and kids. Shame on her! She had a great guy who loved her and amazing career but of course…the poor girl is bored with her perfect life.

oh p.s. she said this in Elle magazine. Guess what KSTEW YOU got what you wanted… you F*cked yourself over.

“…Maybe because my life is so perfect, when I see the other side of life, it just seems like, almost like I want… (drifts off). You can learn so much from bad things. I feel boring. I feel like, ‘Why is everything so easy for me?’ I can’t wait for something crazy to f**king happen to me. Just life. I want someone to f**k me over! Do you know what I mean?’… It’s one of the reasons I want to act. I love living in different worlds, because a lot of times mine is pretty nice and easy.”

ohhhh the irony. Published in May 2012. Little did she know she was about to ruin that “perfection” for herself. HA.

Be Careful What You Wish For ………… ;)

A nice Australian adventure with Guy could be the best thing that ever happened to him and turn his world right around.

Whycantipost @ 07/26/2012 at 7:51 am

Tbh, I have made fun of this guy sooo much because he is in Twilight, but seriously, right now I hope he gets nice parts, gets awards and is gonna be happy in his private life soon. Just for the sake of what happened to him. Feel sad for him, he seems like a bit of a softie, thought Kristen was like that too; bit shy and insecure, but guess not.
Plusside of it is that there are probably enough women who would want to help him get over Kstew xD Go get it Rob!

I can’t believe he could take her back after she cheated on him just days before being so lovey-dovey with him on stage at Comic Con. Talk about deceptive and two-faced! He would look like a total smuck and p*ssy-whipped loser to go back to her. I think it would really hurt his career to be perceived as such as fool.

Would love to see this movie when it comes out! Nice career move for Robert. GOO ROB!!

I seriously hope he finds someone who he can relate to and be happy with. Loved them as a couple but now I hope he is finished with her. No one deserves this. Same goes for Liberty, she should kick Rupert to the curb. haha Anyway glad he got the movie, perfect time to escape to Australia and get out of the spotlight for a while :) Good for him he seems like a deserving noce guy.

I only hope he´ll dump that stupid hoe asap

forget the VampTramp
good luck

I hope he broke up with her and star to date Haley Williams from paramore

Stay strong, R.Patz! I’ll have your babies

mmmmmmmmmmmm @ 07/26/2012 at 1:30 pm

once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater.

hopefully he will find peace hard-working on his new role as he usually does. i wish it started asap. can not wait to read some good news about his Australian voyage since the journeys often put things in the right perspective. wish him all the luck and some more:)

First, I think Kristen was an idiot for what she did. Sadly she may have to learn the hard way if you really love someone. Too bad she doesn’t show the same finess off screen as she did in Twilight.

2nd – I think Rob loves her and very well may forgive her – once. That Ruppert guy? Really? A married man with children. Another idiot.

3rd – Looking forward to his next movie! Have watched his twilight movies a gazillion times and waiting for November!

serious question : was it a physical cheating or just kristen talking to the other guy in a romantic way?

if it was physical i say leave the **** and watch her career burn but if it was just her talking i’m not so sure

HarryStyles For ChristianGrey @ 07/26/2012 at 4:39 pm

Kscrew

OH P.S .

ROB I TURN 18 IN DECEMBER , SO LIKE……. YEAHH ! :D

June Cull @ 07/26/2012 at 5:47 pm

As far as his new picture in the works, that’s great coming at this dismal time, but I would watch him reading the dictionary! He’s so
much more than just “Edward Cullen” although I’m so thankful for
the Twilight series as I might not have been aware of him otherwise.
His talent goes far beyond his acting with his musical genius and
just being an all around good human being.
Kristen is a big disappointment, and has made a huge mistake. I
think he’s done the right thing in moving out, but what the future holds for them down the road will have to be his decision and do what’s right for him.
Don’t know what this will do for “Breaking Dawn – 2″, but I will see it
just because he’s in it..This is the first comment I’ve ever made, and I’m 76 years old, so I’m no starry eyed teenager, but I’ve seen lots of
stars in my lifetime, and he’s definitely going to be up there with the best!

I bet he’s crazy for the movie set and shooting to actually be in Australia so he can spend a few months miles away from Kristen.

keep strong Rob Pattinson, you’re amazing in cosmopolis

O.K….Glad for some good news as of late…..maybe Rob should seek refuge from this public nightmare with Katy Perry….she is certainly more mature and level headed….It is not a surprise about Kristen…..rich, beautiful, 22 year old on top of the world….with an attitude of being better than…..I think it would go to anyone young persons head to believe they could do what ever they please and not think of the consequences..just saying

Been there. @ 07/27/2012 at 5:08 pm

Rob in all of your interviews you seem a decent genuine and sentitve person, deserving of someone who will love and respect you in the way you deserve to be treated, whoever she may be. I hope your work prroves to be the therapy you need and gives you time to heal and leads you to a happier place. The very best of luck to you. i hope you find true happiness.

sicksister @ 07/27/2012 at 6:30 pm

The issue is that Kristen was lying and sneaking around– not how far she went with Sanders. Had they not been caught, it would likely have progressed to a full-fledged sexual affair if indeed it had not already reached that point.

She is apparently too immature to be involved in a committed relationship. It’s a good thing Rob found out now who and what Kristen really is. He can do better.

Rob is a sweet, kind young man with a bright future. Time to jettison K-Stew!

I’m so happy for you Rob. You are a great actor and have been great in all your movies. You never needed her to be be true to yourself. I will watch every film you are in always.

Rob I love all your movies. You are a great actor and person and perform great in all your upcoming movies. I will continue to watch every single one of your movies. You don’t need Kristen, you are bright, charming, talented, good lucking and have more morals than she ever will. Love your talent and you forever!

@superfan: you are by far the best of the best!!!!

OMG, everybody you HAVE to read this blog…
Kristen Stewart: TRAMPIRE!

REALLY insightful and tells it like it is. Hope Rob reads it.

Great news for Rob! It looks like it will be an interesting role and movie. I admire the roles he has taken since Twilight hit it big. It’s obvious he’s not going for blockbusters but for interesting roles, with interesting directors whom he could learn from. He wants to grow as an actor and I admire that.

This also comes at a time when he obviously could use some good news and a distraction from the mess Kristen and her douchebag director made. Whether R/K stay together or not, I feel for Rob in all of this.

Dear Rob and Kris ,,,,,I care for the both of you, I really feel bad , u both so talented, but i think u both need o grow up, Rob, there is a thing called forgiviness, it might take some time, but if there is love, worth saving , down the road, maybe time apart will be good, dont be so hard headed, about ,cheating , she is olny 22, How many times, in your films , have you , been making love , having sex, [ even though it is for the camera, it still had too hurt KRIS, to watch, It would me, Take some time, dont be , so easy too throw in the towel, on your realationship,,,,,, I really admire u both, Rob, i amost hav all of your films!!! I love too watch them!!!! u a re uch a good actor, i just want you too be happy ,either way, both o f you!!!!!