Ryan Lochte Wins USA's First Gold Medal in London!

Ryan Lochte Wins USA's First Gold Medal in London!

Ryan Lochte proudly shows off his Gold Medal during the Medal Ceremony for the Men’s 400m Individual Medley on Day 1 of the 2012 Summer Olympics at the Aquatics Centre on Saturday (July 28) in London, England.

The 27-year-old swimmer took first place while his fellow USA competitor Michael Phelps came in fourth place. Brazil’s Thiago Pereira won the silver while Japan’s Kosuke Hagino won the bronze.

Michelle Obama
joined former Olympic swimmer Summer Sanders in the stands to root on the USA team.

25+ pictures inside of Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps competing in the Men’s 400m Individual Medley…

ryan lochte wins usas first gold medal in london 01
ryan lochte wins usas first gold medal in london 21
ryan lochte wins usas first gold medal in london 22
ryan lochte wins usas first gold medal in london 23
ryan lochte wins usas first gold medal in london 24
ryan lochte wins usas first gold medal in london 25

Christopher Polk/Getty

Thus, winning the gold medal of my heart. Can you say… YUMMY!?

ivankaranka @ 07/28/2012 at 4:59 pm

congratulations to such a good looking man! at first i thought he won a medal for most attractive! hahahah BUT a piece of me still feels sad for michael phelps he must feel horrible! both great competitors though :]

Congrats to Ryan! Very well-deserved. I’m sure it won’t be his only gold medal. And btw, he’s cute! GO TEAM USA!!!!!

he looks like a cabbage patch kid…but congrats to Ryan!

lovedeb88 @ 07/28/2012 at 5:18 pm

Congrats to Ryan…Go Team USA!

so happy for ryan, but i still hope michael wins 3 more medals

Shawls r us @ 07/28/2012 at 5:58 pm

He looks so happy ;)

Jokergurl @ 07/28/2012 at 6:32 pm

Congrats to Ryan Lochte, but that’s a bummer for Michael Phelps. What is Michelle Obama doing there? Is she going to stay there the entire time? I wonder what this is costing the TAXPAYERS for her to be there?!

Love love looooove Ryan Lochte!

@Jokergurl: You dumbass. Its common courtesy for her to be there. Get educated.

BRAZIL!!!!!

Picture number 9 of Michael makes me sad. :( Wish he won, but hopefully he will win the rest of them. And since (he says) he’s retiring after this year, makes me want him to win even more!

Anyways, congrats to Ryan.

P.S.
(and this is out of the blue)
I prefer Phelp’s body shape more to Lochte’s. Maybe because he’s taller which makes him more lean or something, but I think Michael probably has the best body there (swimmer’s that is).

SarahisOfficial @ 07/28/2012 at 8:54 pm

Congratulations Ryan! Bring home as many gold medals as possible! America is rooting for you guys!

honey starr @ 07/28/2012 at 11:14 pm

@Jokergurl: @SarahisOfficial:A
you’re not paying for it! right? She represents the united states of america.

Hooottt!

Phelps’ body is gracious, lean and with that perfect V. Lochte is more of rectangular shape.
Anyways, congrats to Lochte. Let his 15 min of fame begin!

MICHELLE REID @ 07/30/2012 at 9:40 pm

good luck may god bless you.

The competition between Lochte and Phelps started at the Olympic trials and Lochte came out on top. I can’t really say that I’m surprised by that. Phelps took off a considerable amount of time before qualifying for the 2012 Games. The Olympics are being aired on several stations which kind of makes it hard to set the DVR. A Dish co-worker suggested I upgrade to the Hopper a few months ago which comes with three tuners so I can record all those stations and it also has four times more space than your average DVR! Now I can make sure that all of my favorite events are being recorded and I don’t have to worry that I’ll run out of space. I’m sure that Lochte will continue to deliver and that the rest of the swim team will do great.