Kristen Stewart Lands First Role Post-Cheating Scandal?

Kristen Stewart Lands First Role Post-Cheating Scandal?

Kristen Stewart has reportedly landed her first role since her cheating scandal with Snow White director Rupert Sanders became public.

The 22-year-old actress will step into the lead in the indie adaptation of William Styron’s 1951 novel Lie Down In Darkness, according to Vulture.

Here’s a synopsis: “Peyton (Stewart) is constantly compared to her crippled sister, Maudie, and her intense physical beauty makes her the object of her frigid mother’s jealous hatred and the target of her father’s incestuous, alcoholic lust.”

The role was apparently coveted by Jennifer Lawrence, however she has a busy year next year shooting sequels.

WHAT DO YOU THINK
of Kristen Stewart’s new role??

Credit: Michael Buckner; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Kristen Stewart

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

That’s a great project. I hope Kristen just focuses on her work and gets her act together.

I am soooo happy for her!

First the “scandal”, now the great role. It smells like bullshit from far….

prettydew @ 08/02/2012 at 2:42 pm

Well if Lindsay Lielan can still have a career, why the ***** wouldn’t she??? She told the TRUTH about a huge mistake she made, she clearly mature about it and being a true adult through it all. She’s got my forgiveness and support!!!!

agencygirl @ 08/02/2012 at 2:47 pm

I know for a fact that this movie isn’t even in active development. Nice try.

Good for her, she really wanted the role, she said it in an interview.
This will clear her head from all the attacks to her personal life.
(In response for her actions, of course)

@bobbi: i completely agree.

“Intense physical beauty”?? I just don’t see it. She’s pretty, no doubt, but not THAT special is she??

Waif for jen lawrance please

Brandi Stagg @ 08/02/2012 at 2:52 pm

Intense physical beauty???!!!! hahahahahaha Just spit my coffee out on that one.

A lot of better actresses out there: Mia Wasikowska, Dakota Fanning, Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan… And why they choose her? Because she wants the role, that’s the answer!

I really like Kristen as a woman but she sucks as an actress!

It reminds me of the old Chris Rock Oscar joke. If you have Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart, wait for Jennifer Lawrence.

Not a fan @ 08/02/2012 at 2:56 pm

This is BS!!!!! I figured she did what she did to PROVE she could play this part. What I don’t understand is why studio people or indie directors think she can act. SHE CAN NOT ACT. Oh yeah for some fu reason she has a rabid fan base. Guess what that fan base does not exist anymore after what she did, she is WT.

Gossipgirl @ 08/02/2012 at 2:56 pm

Well, I guess “Lie Down in Darkness” is better than, “Going Down in a Parked Car in Daylight”.

This is a perfect role for Kristen. She is always great in her indie films, and I’m sure she will be in this one. Can’t wait to see OTR!

Lie down in your Mini Cooper

What director will she be banging this time out?

Not a fan 2 @ 08/02/2012 at 3:06 pm

felicity jones would be better she has a disarming innocence that would translate perfectly for the character.

when we find out the director, guess we know how she got this role. except maybe she did it on a couch this time. guess lawrence would not get on the casting couch for this one.

INTENSE BEAUTY PLEASE!!!!!!

Now If they can keep this ***** out of the parking lot.

I can’t stand this girl anymore. I used to defend her thinking that she isn’t a typical Hollywood starlet, but she is worse. Isn’t she tired of playing the same roles over and over again like the complicated girls? I hope she will fade away soon!

Intense physical beauty, hahaha, no.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All