Alexander Skarsgard: Returning for 'Zoolander 2'?

Alexander Skarsgard: Returning for 'Zoolander 2'?

Alexander Skarsgard goes for a walk after picking up some groceries on Monday (August 6) in Vancouver, Canada.

The 35-year-old actor is trying to reprise his role in the upcoming sequel to Zoolander, even though his character was killed off in the first film.

“I’m pitching it right now. I wouldn’t want to miss that,” Alex told British GQ. “Well, I’m hoping they would do something like the scene with Hamlet’s father, and that Meekus will come back as a ghost — I mean, he’s definitely dead.”

DO YOU WANT to see Alexander Skarsgard in Zoolander 2?

alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 01
alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 02
alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 03
alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 04
alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 05
alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 06
alexander skarsgard zoolander 2 role 07

OMG!! He looks so HOT, the way he is in the first picture make “picking up some groceries” look sexy :P

I thought his character was killed in that gas explosion. Am I wrong?

I’m sorry, but I can’t read the article when you put that kind of photos :)

BabyXgirl @ 08/06/2012 at 7:41 pm

Ooh that mean look he’s giving in the profile shot is so damn sexy <3 I'd hit it

So yummy :)

He’s handsome and sexy as always but it makes me feel uncomfortable to see how much he dislikes having these photos taken :(

@angelie: No, you’re not wrong, that’s why Alex said this:

Perhaps a look-alike cousin? Godric-type flashbacks? DNA reconstruction, like in Jurassic Park?

YESSS!!! PLEASE BRING BACK MEEKUS!

Poor Alex. Maybe thought he would have be pap free in Vancouver?

@AbFab: I agree. It’s too bad the paps are not leaving him alone in Vancouver. I hoped that they would.

Does Alex ever smile?, every time I see him he looks annoyed/pissed. If its the Paps then I totally understand, vultures the lot of them.

Slinky the Cat @ 08/06/2012 at 8:26 pm

That is an unhappy Viking, and I don’t blame him. I hate that he’s being hounded already, but dear Lord LOOK AT HIM!!!! Unbelievably sexy!

I would love to see him make another appearance as Meekus. Bring it on!

@Lawrence: It’s the paps, he doesn’t usually smile when he knows they’re around.

@AbFab, I don’t think he thought he’d be completely pap free, but he probably thought it wouldn’t be so bad. But twice in 3 days, they’ve probably figured out where he’s staying and his routine by now. He had about a week to wander around, not necessarily unnoticed but at least unpapped.
I’m glad for us, but sad for him.

@Lawrence: It’s the paps unfortunately. I guess they figured out where he was staying.

I’d watch him do anything. Seriously. Based on these pics they could make a movie about him grocery shopping and I would still watch it.

Cafélady @ 08/06/2012 at 8:44 pm

@Tanter: #7 …well, it’s a little difference between yesterday’s pic’s and today’s as far how it looks…to me it seems a bit like as hadn’t he expected that they would follow him so fast already again, after they already had photographed him yesterday.

I also like it to see new pic’s of him – but on the other hand…I mean, it might be that he was in a hurry -just going fast into the grocery directly after work and to buy a few things, for instance- as like we others sometimes, too. I think in that case it would be understandable that he perhaps wouldn’t liked so much the idea to be papped already again – so shortly after the last time.

As someone said already, possibly he hoped that he wouldn’t be papped so much in Vancouver.

Great news for our sexy viking !! Serious look but you still hella fine .Gotta love him…….

@Cafélady: I think he really, really loathes the paps and is deeply annoyed that they’re now following him around. I read an interview with Valter today and he mentioned that they had no privacy when they visited Alex in LA. Bill has said the same in interviews. I think it means a whole lot more to him that we can even imagine. Which to be honest is starting to make me feel really bad about looking at papshots of him. If you really like the guy, how can you support those who bring him so much grief and annoyance? I’m not pointing my finger at anyone, I’m just wondering.. :(

@Tanter: He can go ninja when he wants to, especially in LA. It’s harder when he’s on location.

And, If I recall, when Valter and My visited LA last year, he was still with KB, and that probably played a part in their getting papped so often.

there’s only like 2 or 3 paparazzi in Vancouver, but they know where EVERYONE is. They’re always on Twitter.

Vancouver is a hotspot for films, so I’m sure paps travel up there to take photos if they know productions are going on. He looks annoyed as hell though, poor guy.

Hottie <3<3<3

@ladybug: I have so much love for Ninja-Skars! <3 And yeah, KB would have played a part in the paps showing up. I guess she had a lasting effect on his relationship with the paps. So glad she's gone from his life now.

haha. He looks like he’s getting ready to do some real bad stuff.

How to capoeira

Alex, it looks like you have a big boo on you noise&eye. Come here and let me kiss it for you to make it better.

Seriously, the tweeters have disclosed his whereabouts so Alex may have to just grin ( or in his case side eye) and bear it for awhile.

He probably feels more at home in the north, paps or no paps. At least there’s that.

i love his hair like this, longer and blonder, i hope that keep it for the next season of true blood, but no the beard, please.

The reporter of GQ UK asked a stupid question and Alexander gave an ironic answer, but as it often happens noone figured it out and now everybody writes that he is in talks for the sequel.
I would prefer to know what is he really in talks for after Hidden. Last Summer when the filming of S4 of TB was towards its end we already knew for 3 upcoming projects. This Summer we only know about one. Very secretive! Or is he finally going on a real long vacation this year? Hm… Well, it will be well deserved if it is so.
And last, but not least, what’s different about this session of pics: he doesn’t wear his glasses. Ain’t that new? He is always so prepared to avoid looks and paps. This was really ulikely for him, to come across paps in Vancouver twice in such a short time. :)) Surprise, Alex!

He was just making a joke. I’d watch him in anything!

You know what truly amazes me is that he is probably one of the nicest people that HW has to offer. Yesterday at the movies he is smiling and laughing with fans, and of course he signed whatever he was asked, and that was so geniue and so like all the things we read about him, but these disgusting paps stalking him outside a grocery store is awful. You and I both know they were probably yelling things at him and we know he can not answer, he figured he would pick up some stuff for the week and be on his way, but of course, they track him down and harass him.
I would watch him just doing errands (so I guess I am just as bad as the paps), I really do not think there has ever been an actor that is so gorgeous no matter how he has to look for a role and more than that so damn talented.
I am glad in a way he is keeping his upcoming projects a little on the sleeve, that just gives us more to find out and be surprised with.
I really hope he goes to the TIFF, for WMK, he seems to like that film festival.
I think his family is finding visiting him alot easier now and that is great, because that smile he has on the red carpet with various family members cannot be beat.

@mforman: I agree. There’s something very genuine about Alex that I really appreciate. Stars these days are usually so unbelievably fake, so he’s like a breath of fresh air. Love him!

@icemft: He was joking about Zoolander 2.

And we didn’t know about Disconnect and The East until near the end of filming WMK.

He had his sunglasses on for some of the Saturday pics.

@maria, they probably won’t keep the long hair for TB, which is fine by me.

God Alex is so dang sexy! I’m loving that look he’s giving! Super hot!!!!

ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCCINO’s for everyone.

A list came out in tv guide that shows how much some actors make per episode. Alex is doing very well! F*ck you money indeed! He gets as much as Anna and Stephen per episode.

@Ashley: It amuses me that when Alex’s casting as Brad Colbert was announced, the real Brad’s fellow Marines starting calling him Orange Mocha Frappuccino.

@Macy: FU money indeed. And yet, as Meatballs points out, he still can’t seem to buy a new pair of jeans. :)

PJ Ransone tease us:

james ransone ‏@jamesransone

Unlikely onscreen gk reunion coming soon…
Reply Retweet Favorite

I’d love it of Alex could work again with some of the GK guys, especially PJ or Jon Huertas,especially in a comedy. I know he worked with Billy Lush on SD, but I’m ignoring that.

Disney Villainess @ 08/07/2012 at 9:47 pm

Well, well, well, an angry Skars is still considered a fine ass Skars.:D

@Daniela: LOL, I ALWAYS go straight to the pics, I don’t have time for all that other stuff.:)

@Macy: “F*ck you money indeed!”

It really is, that’s a lot of cheddar, make that money Skars!

@ladybug:
LOL or new tees either! He has like 4 outfits. A reunion for the GK guys would be awesome. They always seem to have so much fun when they get together.

@Disney Villainess:
That’s almost 2.5 million per season!

@Macy: At one point earlier in the series I think Anna or Stephen mentioned a little over a million per season. But it’s been so successful I would be surprised if most everyone got raises. So yeah, at least the leads have FU money, even after taxes, manager’s fees, etc.

Does anyone posting on this site have a b/f of their own? I mean seriously! He is a good looking man, I will give you that, but he is human after all. I don’t understand how people worship celebrities. I think half of them are out of their minds. Most do drugs, are super fake and horribly materialistic. The worst part of it is, the fans put these people up on pedestals. Hey they eat and **** like the rest of us too! Snap out of it stalkers of the world!!!

@Dawn: And yet, here you are, commenting. Pot, meet kettle.

@Dawn: i dont worry the people for admire an artist , i am worry the people hate and artist and loose time comenting .

Cafélady @ 08/08/2012 at 6:38 pm

@Tanter: #19…well, that was already a topic in earlier posts…I can only speak for myself of course…it’s somehow a two sided thing…on one hand I like it to see new pic’s of him, like everyone else…on the other hand I feel also unwell (like you also wrote) if I have the feeling that they obviously pester him or hunt him and don’t give him a bit privacy.

I’m anyway and usually already satisfied (and having a less bad conscience) if I can see new pic’s of him at official events -as upcoming TIFF, for instance or comic-con etc.- or something.

But when we not want to support people (pap’s) who pester him somehow in his free time -so hunting him and papp him- means also that JJ only has something to post about him, when he visit an official event. That’s the other side of the medal. But your argument has something of it’s own. I also think about this often for myself – where here the border is.

What interview with Bill and Valter was it, respectively where did you read it?

Texas Swede @ 08/08/2012 at 7:20 pm

In the previous post he was happy as could be signing something for a fan. Today I find on twitter that the supposed fan is the one who pointed him out to the papparazzi. And he is selling the items he had signed.

As for the money he makes for TB, he is lucky if he gets 60% after Agents, managers, and PR people. And the cost of living in his business is not cheap. He ain’t hurting but he ain’t swimming in clover either folks. And I kinda like the fact he is not hung up on new stuff all the time. Shows he is well grounded. Still the conservative Swede. The Porsche was probably a gift to himself for the Calvin Klein deal. Or possibility even a perk of the deal and a gift ‘from’ CK.

Let him be ninja, wear what he wants, and make what he can, while he can. As long as he keeps providing a great performance in whatever project he chooses I will still be a big fan.

@Texas Swede: “Today I find on twitter that the supposed fan is the one who pointed him out to the papparazzi. And he is selling the items he had signed.” Not cool.

I will look at comparison photos and not think of bad ‘fans’:

@ladybug:
Nice! It’s a full page too. I wonder how the scratch and sniff smells, if it’s good or not?

@Macy: I normally hate perfume ads, because I can’t tolerate the smell (chemical sensitivity and all that) but I’ll make an exception in this case.

Cafélady @ 08/08/2012 at 8:33 pm

@Texas Swede: “This is the kind of thing that really pi$$es me off. First posing as a fan to obtain autographs to sell, and second ratting him out to paps. That is probably why he looks so ticked off in these pics.He probably recognized the photographer from the day before.
Yeah I love seeing new shots of him but not at the cost of his privacy and good nature.”

You hit the nail on the head again! I only can 100% agree. And to do something like this, how this allegedly “fan” has done (which apparently was actually an pap+autograph hunter) is really annoying – not only to him, for us – his fans too!

How in hell shall he then -under such circumstances- differentiate between an harmless, truly fan and these “professional” hunters?!? Anyway, if he is in a hurry…or has a lot of people around him like at some red carpet appearances…
And then pretending that he (the pap/autograph hunter) was a usual fan…that’s more than sneaky…

As for the presumed TB-salary; with the presupposition that these dates are correct (which no one can be sure about it, because no one else than he and hbo and perhaps his manager know his exact contract, I guess) – sure, this sounds like a lot of money. But as you said; one has to consider; that’s before tax and the other costs he has to pay – not to mention that he -on the other hand- he also have to do a lot of work for it, especially with TB. And one shouldn’t forget it was a loooonnggg way to go for him – during the years, where he very presumably often enough worked for an “apple and an egg” until the point where his agent/manager could demand a bit more payment per job – step by step and with one success following to the other. I’m sure it wasn’t always easy for him – especially in this profession.

First I planned to ignore this topic – because I find the numeral on his paycheck is none of my business. But because a few mentioned this – so…

@texas swede- They film alot of tv and films in Vancouver so there is papparazzi. One tweeted that he was shooting Jennifer Morrison of Once Upon a Time( pics here on JJ) and happened upon AS at the theater to see Total Recall. So, it’s not only him they are snapping. Considering the time he’s been there he’s doing pretty good. I mean how can we be denied the appearance of grey pants ( which get lighter and lighter). Those pants are bound to disintegrate one day. LOL.

@hmmmmmmm: If it’s the site I think she’s talking about they’d mentioned that the paps hadn’t spotted him yet. That may be what she means by ratting him out to the paps.

@Cafélady: I don’t think he’s mentioned exact salary, but I think it was written mentioned a few years back that he, AP and SM were making around 1.3 million a year (before taxes and manager’s cut). Not surprised they’ve probably had their salaries raised since then, if that’s what happened. The actors of TB don’t seem to be the greedy types when it comes to money, they’ve got enough to pay their bills and then some.

Texas Swede @ 08/09/2012 at 3:28 am

@hmmmmmmm: Here is the link to the blog of the guy who tweeted about the meeting Alex outside the movie theater. He must work with the paps because he has a couple of the pics on his site with watermarks on them.

@Texas Swede- why are you giving me this link?

@ladybug,@texas swede- oh you guys think I didn’t believe he was ratted out. LOL. I added on to the tweet I saw and the point being is he would have been papped eventually with all the filming that goes on there.

Texas Swede @ 08/09/2012 at 10:03 am

@hmmmmmmm:
I thought you might like to read the blog and see the pics on it.

The pics on this guys blog are the pics taken outside the theater. And he comments on the blog about a pap there who did not recognize him. I think the blog guy outted him to the pap and now the pap is stalking him. He has been there for how long now a week or two? And suddenly he is papped twice in two days. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy seeing new shots of him too. I just hate it when they hound him daily and get in his face about it. I cringe when he has the look on his face he has in the pics for this post.

The blog guy probably made a good chunk of change for the info and this irritates me. Not only did he get items signed he intends to sell for profit he set Alex up to be harrassed by paps.

@Texas Swede- Well he hasn’t been papped since so it isn’t too bad for him at least for now.

@Texas Swede—-Once again you hit the nail right on the head. I enjoy seeing new pics and reading new things about him, but not at the cost of his happiness.
You can just tell by his expressions when he is happy and when he is not and I hate when the photos don’t have his amazing smile.
This jerk that ratted him out should be real proud of himself, and what kills me is that AS was so kind and stopped and signed whatever this jerk had. I really do not understand people.
Now I bet AS will be very, very careful around Vancouver because this pap is going to be stalking him. At least on set he can relax.
As for his salary, I think it is a bit more, because I am sure by now they all get a piece of the merchandising and then bonuses when the season does really well.
He is one of the few actors I think even deserves more, his work is always solid and in any review, it is always his performance that is mentioned as the stand out.
AS is the same person he has always been, he dresses how he is comfortable, he hasn’t gone all HW (thank goodness) and I don’t think he ever will. I am glad he got himself a beautiful car, he works hard enough, why not get yourself a present.

@hmmmmmmm: No, not that. I think he’s aware that due to the amount of filming that goes on in Vancouver that there are paps and he was going to to spotted eventually. But he was able to go around for over a week without being papped.
I think he’s probably glad most of this will be on a set, not on the street, it’ll cut down on the pics and he can focus on work.

Cafélady @ 08/09/2012 at 6:50 pm

@ladybug: #55 “The actors of TB don’t seem to be the greedy types when it comes to money, they’ve got enough to pay their bills and then some.”

That’s what we all want to have, I guess – and what everyone try to get.
I think it’s not a thing of being greedy or not (often) – I guess almost everyone has nothing against it to earn a bit more money in his/her job if he/she has such a possibility. And in most cases it’s ok too, I think.
I was just a bit confused, why maintain and publish such a (celeb)list anyway? I mean, what do people have of it – if they know such informations? Ok, if one is an actor/actress then it might be that this could be a point – but if one is, let’s say a medical-technical-assistant, what’s the point then? I mean, it’s not that such a knowledge would change my own situation if I know the salary of these people (in complete other professions – and as a non-celeb).

Cafélady @ 08/09/2012 at 7:03 pm

@Texas Swede: Hi, texas. How are you? Hope you feel a bit better now. But – did I caught you somehow on the “wrong foot” or something? (I don’t hope so..)

@Cafélady: Salary lists exist for just about everything, at least here in the states. Celeb salaries are more fun, of course, and really probably only important to other people in the business.

@thumb troll, get a life and stop being so passive/aggressive! Do you need a hug or something?

Chris Cortazzo @ 08/09/2012 at 8:19 pm

This is the truth. We only dated for 15 months. Alex was wonderful. He made me feel so special!!

Texas Swede @ 08/10/2012 at 3:18 am

@Cafélady: You could never catch me on the wrong foot. I have been pretty weak the last few weeks and not posting much. I had to have a heart procedure done. I will be on once in a while but not very active. Most of the time I am either too medicated to form an intelligent sentence or too weak to type. But I sit outside in my garden and read each day.

Reading about Alex and reading what all of you think about it brightens my day.

@Cafélady: Both Bill and Valter said it in Swedish interviews. I can’t find the quote from Bill right now but Valter said this to dn.se recently – about being famous:

“Det kan vara kul, men jag har sett många baksidor av det. Som i USA, där man inte har något privatliv. När jag hälsade på min brorsa i LA blev vi förföljda och fick aldrig vara i fred.”

~ It can be fun but I’ve seen the darker side to it. Like in the US where you have no privacy. When I visited my brother in LA, we were stalked and were never left alone”.

This quote makes me so angry. I remember all those photos of My and Valter and Eija and KB, who no doubt had something to do with it. Also all those “fans” who post the (sometimes private) photos taken of the family – sorry, it just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

@Texas Swede—-I am so sorry to hear about your latest procedure. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers, and that I only hope that you are feeling better.
Hopefully we will get some new shots of AS with that amazing smile of his and that will help make you also smile.
Take care.

Yeah This is the truth @ 08/10/2012 at 4:53 pm

@Chris Cortazzo:

Me and alex got married recently making passionate swedish love every night, 7 days a week that’s why Alex looks so thin recently he is loosing alot of calories in our marriage bed :)

Come over to Vancouver island and stay with me, Alex! No paps will bother you here :)

@ladybug: Cool, thanks for sharing ladybug. He sure has a terrible wardrobe for this movie.

@Jamie: he is playing a suburban goober with an early midlife crisis. They did try and ugly him up, but it didn’t really work.

Texas Swede @ 08/11/2012 at 2:22 pm

@ladybug: When you have his charisma eve ugly looks good. ;)

@Texas Swede: There’s that.
I’m also impressed that whatever rinse they put in to color his hair seems to be holding and not running all over his clothes.

Cafélady @ 08/11/2012 at 7:52 pm

@Texas Swede: #67 Oh…it makes me sad to hear – what you must undergo again – with this heart procedure and what not all. I deeply hope that you feel much better soon.
I fully understand your reasons for your less posts for a while, of course. And I should have thought about this reasons anyway – a bit unthinkingly of me..:(…but it wasn’t intentional. I think on you..

@texas swede #75; exactly…I would even say the charisma is more important than the look…ok – almost ;)
but you know what I mean; there a lot of handsome guys in HW – but only good looking isn’t enough…

@Texas Swede: My thoughts are with you as you fight your health battles. Perhaps a couple of new fans pics to cheer you up?

Charisma/personality/brains are all very important, not just good looks.

Texas Swede @ 08/12/2012 at 5:00 am

@Cafélady: @ladybug: Thanks you guys. Now that is the Alex I like to see. Those kind of pics he doesn’t mind.

The meteors are beautiful tonight. And so is the smile on his face.

@Texas Swede: You got to see the meteors?I’m jealous, too much light pollution here for me.

I am a fan of Alexander Skarsgard but should we be intruding this way? The poor man only went to buy some groceries. He is a human being and maybe he had other more important stuff on his mind. If you really like someone you don’t create a demand for what must make their life miserable – intrusive photos. I will stick to just reading interviews with him in magazines. Lets not force him to have to have security; just let him live his life as normal.

Alex is dating swede Alicia @ 08/12/2012 at 11:42 am

First time I have heard of them dating since comic con 2011 I wonder how long they have been together isn’t she like 23?

Seen this on Yuku

“I saw Alicia Vikander at the Systembolaget (I assume she’s talking the liquor store in Sweden) today. Quite a ball (I have no idea what she meant here). She has been dating Alexander Skarsgård a little” (- it’s lite grann).

Friends category @ 08/12/2012 at 12:22 pm

Did the person who wrote that there dating just a little mean casual only? Did Alicia mention anything about her and Alex to the person for them to suggest there dating just a little?
Or has this person witness them together? Somewhere in la or Sweden?

There will be un answered questions?

All I know is there not best of friends like him and bjorn or Keith and he knows her through his bro bill because they worked together, and they hung out at comic con last whsn the GF rumor started mystery brunette

And doesn’t she have a bf? If she still with him Also
Alex and alicia

They have not been spotted together since last yr they may have hung out in Sweden but who knows but I am pitting them in the friends category until I see them out and about on a date.

Not some random translated tid bid about dating just a little.

@Friends category: Bad translation from an interview that she did, the interviewer mentioned to her that she’d been mentioned as the mystery brunette at last year’s comic and she thought it was funny.
So, no, I highly doubt they’re dating. As you mentioned, no sightings in a year? Alex can go ninja, but I doubt that ninja.

concerned @ 08/12/2012 at 5:17 pm

@texas i really hope u feel better soon – my thoughts and prayers r with u

Cafélady @ 08/12/2012 at 5:48 pm

@Tanter: #68 You’re right, this is a annoying thing. And so called “fans” who bring private pic’s of the family into the net, without ask for permission – are extra annoying. I remember one thing where I have read about, that apparently a alex “fan”, cracked the private facebook account of one of his relatives and has stolen some private pic’s and brought them into the net. That’s not only annoying – that’s crazy and not acceptable.

I guess, especially in the US can it be a problem to be famous. I mean, we here in germany (and some other european countries) haven’t this big “celeb” culture. Of course, you’ll be recognized as a celeb if you go somewhere out and about, and fans ask for a picture or an autograph sometimes – but it still hasn’t the same effect like in L.A. (or like here Vancouver) with this paparazzi culture/stalking phenomenon. At least not to this extent.

I imagine, that this can have a deterrent effect for the one or the other upcoming actor/actress. And a lot of them say, that they are afraid of this effect for their future career. It’s somehow vexing – on one hand an actor need an bigger attention to get more and more good jobs. On the other hand can this degree of (paparazzi)attention also be very disturbingly – especially if one perhaps just want to live a “normal” life offside of this celeb-thing.

And the other thing is; we fans also aren’t totally innocent regarding this topic. I mean, the more we want to know over a favourite celeb, want to have constantly our celeb stories and pictures in magazines, web-fansites etc. preferably as personal as possible – the more difficult it becomes for this person to protect a small piece of the own private life.

Like I said; I admit – I love it too, to see new pic’s of alex (fan-pic’s, official appearances etc.) but not for the cost that he has no piece of private life anymore in the end.

@Cafélady: Double edged sword and all that.
Which is why I hope that he gets to go to TIFF, so it’ll be a nice supply of ‘official photos’ to tide us over.