Natalie Portman Wedding Pictures - First Look!

Natalie Portman Wedding Pictures - First Look!

Check out these first pictures from Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied‘s wedding on Saturday (August 4) in Big Sur, Calif.

The 31-year-old Oscar-winning actress and the 35-year-old choreographer tied the knot in a traditional Jewish ceremony in the dark. Natalie and Benjamin were wrapped in a Tallit prayer shawl during the service.

While the couple previously exchanged vows with each other earlier this year, they officially became a married couple this weekend!

Natalie and Benjamin have a 13-month-old son together named Aleph.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Natalie Portman’s wedding dress – YAY or NAY?

natalie portman wedding pictures benjamin millepied 01
natalie portman wedding pictures benjamin millepied 02
natalie portman wedding pictures benjamin millepied 03
natalie portman wedding pictures benjamin millepied 04
natalie portman wedding pictures benjamin millepied 05

Photos: FameFlynet Pictures
Posted to: Benjamin Millepied, Natalie Portman, Wedding

The dress…I’m having so many conflicted feelings about it. At least she looks happy. Good on them.

It’s good to see that Natalie is happy!! Finally, her career and personal life are perfect!!!

somali girl @ 08/06/2012 at 1:18 pm

Hollyweird is full of ******* children.

HRH Duchess Kate @ 08/06/2012 at 1:19 pm

That is the ugliest wedding dress ever! What did she do?? She has a great thin body, why not wear a fishtail dress or something figure hugging. Big mistake Natalie!!

She looks adorable and very happy!

You people are so rude. Paparazzi that is. Can’t even their wedding be private?

She is beautiful! Congratulations to the both of them!

Mixed feelings.
I love the head garland but I’m not feeling the dress.
Then again it kinda looks like Audrey Hepburn’s wedding dress to Ferrer. And it makes a refreshing change from the typical sleeveless, strapless meringue almost everyone wears.

Her dress is beautiful to me. Like one you may see on a bride in a beautiful countryside European village. Perfect choice for her. Delightful. Unique. Unexpected.

This is so rude. Obviously they wanted to be married in a private ceremony. The zero amount of respect paparazzi have for these people baffles me.

These photos are not always taken by paparazzi. Could be anybody who attended the event and sold it to one of the agencies.

URK the dress is HORRIFIC ! She defo has very bad tastes for clothes

It’s a balerina dress. Look at the shoes. Maybe she wanted to surprise him.

First of all, this was a private event and invade by some loser paps or a very rude, money hungry guest! Secondly, her taste is not your taste. Her dress is simple for what was a simple private ceremony. Most that end up with the big,z flashy, overpriced gowns usually end up divorced within a year or two. So kudos to Natalie for keeping it simple and true to what seems to be her own personality.

She looks very pretty but for some reason also, so young. The dress is cute but I’d have thought perhaps she’d go for something a little longer, more streamlined and elegant. Congrats to her and Benjamin. I hope they have many happy years together. While I’m aware I’m being slightly hypocritical by acknowledging them , I do think the paparazzi take to many liberties with people’s private lives.

There is something weird with her arms, the dress didn’t fit well… But she looks radiant, that’s what matters!

Awful wedding dress but she looks happy!

Bored of Papparazzi's @ 08/06/2012 at 2:17 pm

why does papparazzi have to intervene on such a private moment on people’s lives??

who cares who she/he was with in the past or present or even for the other stars who shine…goodness papparazzi, give the people a break, geesh….

i find it pretty disturbing that we give these papparazzi such huge money in order to get one picture of someone….

and that we they had to find out who Kristen Stewart had a affair with…who cares..she did it on her own, it was bound to come out sooner or later..And again, we had to find out because the papparazzi (stalkers I call them), took pictures, and now split up two couples in the media…**really is boring***….

Papparazzi (stalkers) please give us people good positive news, something that helps the world to heal with other important things going on…rather than stalking the celebrities…**sighs***….

an opinion @ 08/06/2012 at 2:25 pm

If the dress was sleeveless it might look better. But to me it looks like a dress a little girl wears for her confirmation.

Laurelrer @ 08/06/2012 at 2:31 pm

just as Betty answered I didnt know that any body able to earn $7986 in one month on the internet. have you read this website (Click on menu Home more information) http://goo.gl/TbzYf

I think that’s Rashida Jones in the purple dress behind them while they’re doing the little dance. She and Natalie are best friends

Most unflattering dress EVER

Re: the dress…it’s suppose to be “modest” …in the Jewish tradition.
congrats to both.

@HRH Duchess Kate:

It’s her wedding day and she wore what she wanted not what every other bride out there is wearing. Who the f cares what she wears. At least she is marrying someone that she loves. It’s not about the dress is about the love. Look at all the **** Kim Whoredashian did for her wedding and ended in 72 days. It’s not about the dress or the party or anything like that

fashionista @ 08/06/2012 at 2:54 pm

Since this was a religious ceremony her dress is appropiate according to custom. I feel that the lenghth should have been to the floor.

I mean people saying that’s her taste and stuff , you are right ! She looks terrible in it I’m sorry but her face is not too bad though

I wish Hayden was Benjamin because Nayden would of been a cute couple and so would the bay. im not saying benjamin is ugly hes nice and kind looking and aleph is cute but natalie should of stayed with hayden and yah that dress is ugly but not the vial

Don’t bash paps as they only provide what people want. By clicking on these articles/photos you’re creating demand and where there’s demand there’s always supply. More stories about your favorite celebs generates more traffic on these sites = more $$$ from ads. If no one ever clicks on a Natalie Portman or some other celeb story or private pics then photogs won’t waste time chasing them since they can’t sell the photos, simple as that. But if people are no longer interested in a celeb then their career as celeb is over so there you go. Why do you think paparazzi haven’t been banned yet? If you throw something at a pap you’re in trouble. Hollywood needs them since they promote the industry and whole celeb culture. TMZ is owned by Warner Bros.

thats_right @ 08/06/2012 at 3:23 pm

ugly dress, ugly bride, yuckkkk

Congratulations to Natalie and Benjamin. They look very happy together!

@cali: Yeah a MODEST dress will make her unpregnant before marriage..hahahah hypocritical Jews. You’re all so see-through.

Let this happiness be in her face forever, God bless them.

so happy for the two of them, they are the cutest. Natalie looks so beautiful and happy – I for one am in love with her dress and floral garland. FLAWLESS.

You can’t go sleeveless at an Orthodox Jewish ceremony.

I cant’ believe people come onto JJ and complain about the paps, how hypocritical! If you don’t like the paps, then what are you doing here?

Why are some of you criticizing this woman’s choice of dress for her PRIVATE wedding ceremony? It’s not a paid, public engagement, and she should wear whatever makes her happy, whether it’s a potato sack, or Reem Acra. How shallow can you be?

Orthodox jews don’t go sleeveless for the wedding, and don’t have premarital sex, either, lol.

The dress looks like a dress that a twelve year would wear! just so young and silly. Her smile is the biggest happiest grin ever- that is what is reallyimportant- I am very happy for her! wishing her all the very best!

@lolx: I hope to god you’re not Christian, because if someone should not talk about hypocrisy it is them.

It would be a genuine Jewish wedding, if she had her kid after marriage. People like this make a joke out of religion, as they only take what they want to follow (prayer shawl,etc..) but not follow the complete teachings.

@HRH Duchess Kate:

Because in traditional Jewsih cermonies the Brides generally do not wear revealing dresses. SImilar to traditional Catholic ceremonies.

they only got married because they have a child together. so this won’t last too long.

I thought Millepied wasn’t Jewish? If he wore the yarmulke, does that mean he converted, or does he just have to wear it for the wedding?

@BEAN: If you felt so bad about the invasion of their privacy, you would have never clicked on this link. Why do you think the paparazzi snap photos of celebrities during their most private moments? Because they know people like you will click and read.

I think its very refreshing to see a young woman get married in a dress without seeing her breasts ready to fall out of it!!! I love Natalie and the dress is beautiful and subtle and perfect for a garden wedding and very Grace Kelly looking!! Natalie would look great in anything because shes absolutely stunning..and to see her shine and look so happy is what marriage is all about!! Not spending millions and then divorcing 78 days later!!! LMAO

ILLUMINATI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that all the hypocrites on this party where killed someday!!!!!

Why judge or critisize? Its her wedding, her choise, her plans. She wore a modest dress for her traditional jewish wedding. I see nothing wrong with it, its simple for a home wedding with her close friends and family,it just makes it cosier and real for them. They are both happy that’s the most important thing. So congratulations to them.

DaleMurph @ 08/06/2012 at 6:23 pm

What happened? You are way too pretty to be all covered up in that dress. I think a less bulky dress would have been a better choice.

Jewish weddings are gay…

Laura Bradley-Abramovitz @ 08/06/2012 at 6:30 pm

Jewish weddings are the best! Natalie Portman (Herschlag) is awesome!

Laura Bradley-Abramovitz @ 08/06/2012 at 6:32 pm

@RTW1185: that’s not true. In Haifa we are Orthodox and we always have sleeveless. You must be American? In Israel Orthodox are different than in the States.

I think she looks beautiful. She seems very happy. I don’t trust the husband though.

sylvia hess @ 08/06/2012 at 7:24 pm

OY VEY!! AWFUL! RELIGIOUS CEREMONY OR NOT – SHE DIDN’T HAVE TO LOOK LIKE A “LITTLE GIRL”. HOWEVER, SHE LOOKS HAPPY AND THAT’S WHAT’IS IMPORTANT. MAZEL TOV!!

MAZEL TOV!!!! :)

Bored of Papparazzi's @ 08/06/2012 at 7:59 pm

I don’t care how the pap’s get their pictures, would you like someone invading your space? Having someone taking pictures even when your out and walking about isn’t right. It’s down right stalking if you ask me.
Yes, they are movie makers, shakers and shows, but when the pics are out there to hang them, no, that is going over the line.
I don’t care if it was a pap, guest or whom ever got that pic, it pays big money and for those who following these kinds of bs.
As for reading this and supporting this? No, ty. I only saw it on yahoo news and decided to read the “NEGATIVE” part of it, sadly people judge the way they look, not who she is.
And let’s be real, most of us don’t even know them and only know them from the gossip columns or movies…

commonsense @ 08/06/2012 at 8:01 pm

The dress is not ugly, but the fit is awful. She looks happy, I hope it lasts.

The80sRule @ 08/06/2012 at 8:31 pm

Her wedding dress in Star Wars was better than this!

i hate jewish people mhh

@what
at a Jewish ceremony, the grooms wear yarmulkes/kippahs even if they’re not Jewish.

I think Natalie looks gorgeous-I just think the angle of some of these photos are not the most flattering. nonetheless, she looks so radiant because of how happy she appears. i’m happy for this couple, i think they’re great. :)

Idiots. That dress probably had something sentimental or traditional to it.

The dress is perfect: uneven, handkerchief, double gauze hem shows off her pretty ankles – she is youthful enough to pull off short! Petite women would be overwhelmed by a floor-length dress – don’t know why everyone is suggesting a fishtail gown. The length is practical to the setting of a little wilderness. The dress is feminine, flattering, and makes the most of her small waist. The gauze at the neck and on the sleeves add a touch of modesty – an expression of who she really is. The hair, it could be debated, could have been swept up or shorter, but the overall effect with the garland is nice and out-doorsey, like the setting. The groom makes a handsome accessory! ’nuff said. :)

Bored of Papparazzi's @ 08/06/2012 at 9:30 pm

@BEAN: I don’t understand it either, the ugly comments have no life LOL LOL

Bored of Papparazzi's @ 08/06/2012 at 9:34 pm

I don’t hate just dislike how pap’s/ univited guests/or even people with their evil intentions get in the mix of people’s business when they want big money for the public to see. It’s a shame…

dressybee @ 08/06/2012 at 9:39 pm

The dress is fugly and so is the couple and it’s a shame they couldn’t get married before getting pregnant, but it’s her wedding day and she looks happy and that’s all that matters. I wish them all the happiness in the world for many years to come.

She looks pretty from the neck up – honestly I think it would be impossible for her not to. She looks very happy and I wish them well. I also think he is sexy as hell for some reason.

All that said, the dress is horrid. I really hope there is some sort of story behind it . . .like her mom was married in it or something like that. Otherwise, there is no excuse. It looks like something a young girl would wear to confirmation or 8th grade prom.

Lies u tell @ 08/06/2012 at 11:15 pm

Yes she wore what she wanted but its still an ugly ass dress

@HRH Duchess Kate: TRADITIONAL JEWISH WEDDING not ****** tightest dress i can find wedding

The saddest thing to me is that there were no paparazzis at this wedding yet most likely a guest took these pictures. All the guest were close family and friends and the well picked staff. We were asked to leave our cell phones and cameras behind so they could have a normal private wedding. The person who took these pictures for their own selfish reasons should be ashamed of themselves.

As far as her dress, it was beautiful like her. It showed her personality and what a simple person she is. She looked beautiful!

OoooooooH !@#$ she had her wedding on the Sabbath… oh that is not good. That’s a bad omen right there. I say this as a Jewish person, it’s terrible for a marriage if it was done on the Sabbath. – and at night.

@Xithuriel: Sabbath ends at sundown Saturday.

SHE'S A PEDO SUPPORTER @ 08/07/2012 at 1:19 am

Ugh – I will never look at this girl the same way again after she defended child rapist Roman Polanksi just because she did a movie with him. And then taking credit for doing all of the dance scenes in that stupid ballerina movie when it was really a body double who was a real ballerina??!! She strikes me as being a VERY VERY SHADY girl.

AnakinlovesPadme @ 08/07/2012 at 1:28 am

Congrats to the happy couple!! Mazel Tov!! Too bad it’s not Hayden as well, I agree…oh well I hope this lasts. She deserves it. I also agree with one poster who said the her wedding dress in Star Wars is prettier but it’s her day and her choice, she looks happy after all.

Bored of Papparazzi's @ 08/07/2012 at 2:44 am

Every person deserves peace and happiness in their lives, and even the haters that dislike her that much…peace comes in 10 folds, do something good for yourself and for others…peace out :)

I don’t agree. I think Drew Barrymore’s dress was the most hideous one I have ever seen. It looked like she drug it out of her great, great, great Grandmothers cedar chest. She’s gorgeous and Chanel or whatever big fashion industry she married into could ave done much better.

She has a ******* child and she gets married in a conservative dress and in a church? LMAOO!

Beautiful, happy girl ***

HandsOffNatalie @ 08/07/2012 at 8:52 am

Come on Natalie you can do better than that! the dress is just horrible. I am surprised the Millepied guy is not holding the baby…

hypocrites @ 08/07/2012 at 9:04 am

@Lisa: I think it’s better if a virgin shows some cleavage in a wedding dress than a wh*re who had a ******* child wearing head to toe coverage. Let’s not forget she engaged in premarital sex and had a child before marriage. No amount of coverage will change that fact. If she was a good Jew she wouldn’t be a *****.

@Nancy:

ITA! Drew’s dress was the ugliest wedding dress I’ve ever seen. Don’t care what design house made it, it was UGLY!! Grandma’s dress would have been 100 times prettier.

@AnakinlovesPadme:

Her entire wardrobe in Star Wars is 1,000 times prettier than this dress.

@yup.:

Well we know she’s NOT Orthodox! She sure wouldn’t be covering up with holy shroud if she were. Some Orthodox Jews are not happy about this one.

Pretty girl! Not so pretty dress. Looks out of style and does nothing for her. She has looked much better than that at awards ceremonies! Oh well! At least she looks happy!

@HRH Duchess Kate:
Since she is Jewish, in the Jewish faith women are to remain covered, and remain modest. The arms should be covered as well as the shoulders.

מזל טוב הרבה אושר ואהבה נשיקות מישראל

@Gina: aren’t they also not supposed to be having kids before marriage?

There is nothing wrong with modest and simple. But the length of the dress is not flattering. I’ve seen beautiful simple wedding dresses, short and long, but this is not one of them.
She does look happy. But hey, it’s her wedding day! After my wedding I didn’t get this stupid grin off my face for at least a week…

I love reading this .I’m a doctor,55 ,rich but still single.It’s hard to get a girlfriend in my town ,most of them like my money more than like me.I just want to find my true love.so i uploaded my hot photos on Wealthyluv.c om under the name of Brain. ..if you girls see this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one whom i’m looking for!

AnakinlovesPadme @ 08/07/2012 at 3:49 pm

@Rocky: Yep you are right, I agree all of her costumes in Star Wars were prettier than this!! Even my wedding dress was prettier than this lol.

horrible dress – suits personality

I know that IRL she’s a small girl, but for some reason in these pictures she looks extra itsy bitsy.

I love her wedding dress simple elegance. Mazel Tov

A baby out of wedlock and they go the traditional wedding route? Pfft. …hypocrites.

I wish then a long and happy marriage. If she loves the dress then fabulous. It’s not one I’d choose.

Don’t like her dress. She could’ve done so much better as she usually has such great taste in fashion. What’s Rodarte been thinking? The dress looks way too big on her and the length is totally wrong for her size. Not too keen on the hair either.

Nope, sorry to say, but in my eyes that’s a fashion failure!!

hypocrisy much?! @ 08/09/2012 at 2:53 pm

just lol to people talk about privacy & how rude are the paparazzis but comment those PRIVATE pics and come in a site where there thousand of private stuff lollilol

Jewish traditional wedding dress does require to be covered up, however, there’s many amazing couture designers that she could had picked. I don’t think her stylist picked this dress, it’s a shame!