Robert Pattinson: 'Daily Show' Appearance - First Interview

Robert Pattinson: 'Daily Show' Appearance - First Interview

Robert Pattinson gives his first public interview since the cheating scandal involving Kristen Stewart on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, which aired on Monday night (August 13).

“Welcome, Twilight fans, this is a topical comedy show mostly dealing with politics and the media.” Jon said at the opening of the show.

“I’m worried about you. Is everything alright?” Jon asked Robert, who wore Gucci.

“Now I’m going to sound like an idiot. But, like, my biggest problem in life is that I’m cheap. I didn’t hire a publicist” Rob said. “And in every awkward interview, normally actors get everything scripted. I’m going to hire a publicist.”

During the interview, Jon brought out Ben and Jerry’s ice cream as a way to console Robert.

“Don’t you think? Listen, the last time I had a bad breakup, Ben and Jerry got me through,” Jon said. So I thought you and I could bond over this and talk about, ‘Boy, you are better off. Kick her [Kristen] to the curb! Whatever.’”

Check out Robert‘s interview below…

Robert Pattinson – “Daily Show”

He is GORGEOUS!!! I thought Jon handled the situation really well.

WELL DONE JON! ROB LOOKS SO GOOD!

Love Daily Show – nice job Robert!

He looked so good on the tv. I am just completely baffled at how anyone could cheat on someone as gorgeous as Rob.

Man, I’m quickly becoming Team Robert. He was so damn charming and he handled that interview with class!

I just LOVE Rob! He’s so funny and cool, totally laid back. Stand-up guy… He deserves the best.

Stewart handled it extremely well and made sure he wasn’t uncomfortable, didn’t push anything, didn’t ask about it etc. That was nice. And Im happy Robert is getting on with his life. He has nothing to be ashamed about so no need to hide.

Go coug next time sweetheart, you’ll be better off.

I thought for sure this was going to be awkward as hell, but it actually made me laugh. Jon’s hilarious and Rob is just a class act. This was the perfect way to break the ice and hopefully he can continue promoting his movie without it being the elephant in the room.

I thought this felt scripted. This break up feels like press.

I love how Jon Stewart handled that interview. He made sure Rob was ok & didn’t push him. The ice cream bit was hilarious! Well done.

Blocked in Overseas #NOTFAIR :(

love this host. he was funny but still super respectful. rob is sweet xx

Robert is a gentleman! He always keeps the posture.

Too cute! Watch out, Rob. You are going to be on Jen Aniston’s s##t list. First, you steal her spotlight & then you show the world how NOT to play the pity card. Well done, sir. If a publicist named Huvane calls you looking for a job, don’t answer.

Was great & funny. Jon Stewart handled it well and Rob didn’t look uncomfortable.

And twi-hards, take a deep breath & understand what is so obvious: Robten is over. We can see it after this interview

When Jon told him to “look at this” to show the fans outside waiting to see him, I think Robert Pattinson thought he was gonna show the cheating pik. He looked sorta freaked out.

Class act! Kristen you’re crazy girl!

Rob didn’t want to blame KStew coz they must get back together for promoting Twilight. Nothing more, nothing less.

JustJulia @ 08/14/2012 at 1:47 am

the only reason he is acting so calm is because of the meth.

I’ve never seen him look so good, his personality… everything. It’s like he got his soul back or something.

Rob is a class act.

tinkerbell @ 08/14/2012 at 2:06 am

@saira: Oh come one. Jen and Brad were a completely different situation! sheesh

@saira: I find it disturbing that you know Jennifer Aniston’s publicist name.

You are all idiots @ 08/14/2012 at 2:08 am

@K: I am a publicist and this interview probably was scripted or else he wouldn’t have done the show. The break up tho is real. Everyone thinks people date and break up for PR, but that rarely happens.

I bet Rob reunite with Kristen for promoting their movie at MTV’s Video Music Awards on Sept. 6. No doubt!! If Rob refuse to comply, I respect him for what he does.

@Griffin: The may be contractually obligated to do appearances together. If it’s on a contract, they are screwed. We’ll see…

@Griffin:

Yes, and that is why it is such a bad, bad idea to get in a relationship with a colleague. Everything is super and great while you are in it but if it falls apart, hell breaks lose for you. :(

I thought the interview was perfect and handled well. I hope the best for Rob. I met him once at Rose Bar in NYC and had no idea who he was(besides him introducing himself) him and his friends were very sweet and well mannered. Makes me think he’s genuinely a good person.

I love you Rob!!!

He did a great job in Cosmopolis. Even the critics said his performance was great. I’ve never felt any interest in watching Twilight, but after watching this movie, I will check his future work. Besides, he’s charismatic-looking.

Not to throw stones but Robert should return to his hometown for a while I feel he is loosing his accent.

Does this interview indirectly say that he is not going to get back with? He deserves so much better and she was so immature not to see that.

LOVE HIM :)

@Asha: I totally agree with you.

kellyLove @ 08/14/2012 at 8:10 am

So proud of Rob. He couldn’t handle this situation in a better way. It sure must be tough to get through the break-up while promoting his new movie but he seems to be holding up fine :)
OTP He looks awesome :D

So proud of Robert.He stayed classy and real.All the best!

Gooooooooooo Rob!!.. You handle the interview great….We’re proud of you !!

“Kick her [Kristen] to the curb! Whatever.”
WTF?!

LOVE Jon Stewart! Great interview -scripted or not- that got Rob’s point across without him having to say anything about Kristen. Loved it!

aquarius64 @ 08/14/2012 at 10:50 am

Pattinson did a good job here. K-Stew’s team needs to tell its client it’s time to put the big girl panties on and face the music. It’s not fair for Rob, the Twilight cast, and other colleagues to take incoming and provide cover for the mess SHE created.

@Reese:

All of her actions are inmature.

only thing that comes to mind when watching rob’s face – beautiful

Hail RobPatz, you are amazingly brave…so commendable!

@saira:
very well said, it is the best observation of all interview.

He must be alert against that kind of really bad influence.

hope someone can tell him to run if the PR killer machine of Dirty-X try to work with him. run fast.

blackBeauty @ 08/14/2012 at 1:40 pm

@kellyLove: to be fair though,he didn’t confirm or deny of they’ve broken up so they could theoretically be trying to work things out

JON AND ROB ARE TWO class acts!!! I don’t know about Kristen’s fan base, but Rob is gonna get even more famous than he already is(i don’t know how that’s possible) with people getting to know more of his amazing, down-to-earth, and charming personality! I wasn’t a fan (liked him but not on the fan-scale), but i’m head over heels for him now! Jon has always been this classy!!!

Jared- I was sure Jon was just talking about his break up …not kristen.

Now if only Kristen would come out we can all heal and go on.

What a nice guy. I was never into the “twilight” series but I do remember him very well from “harry potter”. He actually reminds me of that character, cedric, right? Very classy…went through that maze like a trooper and he didn’t “die” in vain. And honestly, I feel like Jon Stewart was genuine with him. If Rob was on Leno, I don’t think it would’ve been genuine at all and would probably try to make cheesy jokes around it. Anyhoo, good on Rob. Only good karma is coming his way and I wish the very best for him.

Man fat people make me sick, eat to live not live to eat you repulsive freaks, they waste so much food feeding their disgusting bodies when it could be used to feed a whole African family for a week, not only are they gluttonous heathens they cost tax payers millions of dollars paying for their heart diseases, diabetes and their welfare checks for them being too “fat” to work. Also they make up so many bullshit excuses for eating like pigs and not exercising.

you are the besttttt ROBBBBB ILOVE YOU

nepenthes @ 08/14/2012 at 4:04 pm

To the people who say that he looks “relieved”, “alive again”, “completely different” blah, blah more blah, get real idiots; that’s the way he ALWAYS handles his interviews, h’s always cool and funny. Nothing has changed, it’s obvious to anyone who has been following his interviews.
I don’t know if he actually ever was a couple with Kristen, but his behaviour in this interview is the same just as in any interview of his. So cut all the “brave” and “graceful” non-sense.

Nataliemoscow @ 08/14/2012 at 4:15 pm

he’s flawless, love him..

He has a pained look in his eyes. Feel so badly for him.

British Latin American @ 08/14/2012 at 7:55 pm

Rob is so beautifully poised, and beautiful to boot.

@nepenthes: I agree Rob’s behavior was the same. Perhaps slightly more awkward and uncomfortable (you can tell he was trying…). BUT…the fact that his behavior WAS the same, it’s a huge compliment by its own right! Shows that regardless of all the garbage that has been happening to him, he can still find it inside himself to be genuine. That’s brave. That’s graceful. Props to him for that. I couldn’t have been easy, even though he tried as hard as he could to make it look like it was.

‘Boy, you are better off. Kick her to the curb! Whatever.’” LMAO!!!!

blue eyes @ 08/15/2012 at 1:23 am

@K: Rob sucks, if he cannot forgive her, she will do better without him. she deserves better and she will find it. rob is not good enough for her.

blue eyes @ 08/15/2012 at 1:25 am

rob is a creep and he doesn’t deserve KRISTEN, she can and will find someone who really loves her.

bella4ever @ 08/15/2012 at 1:28 am

KRISTEN will always be the best thing to ever happen to rob. she will do better than him.

@blue eyes: If you think Rob not good enough for Kristen, then why on earth would you want him to forgive her? You are contradicting yourself in your clearly blind Stewart obsession…

@blue eyes: If you think Kristen is so great and deserves better,,then don’t you think she should of broken up with Rob first before getting it on with a MARRIED man in broad daylight??
She acted stupidly and like a hormonal teenager by doing it public. If she did not want Rob any more and was having se xy thoughts about another man–she should of quietly broken up with him.

**************************ROBERT PATTINSON YOU SHOULD GO FOR RACHEL LEIGH COOK SHE SEEMS FAITHFUL AND REAL GORGEOUS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ellie: HE SHOULD DATE RACHEL LEIGH COOK DONT U THINK SHE SEEMS GENUINE AND BEUTIFUL!!!!!

nepenthes @ 08/15/2012 at 7:24 am

@yesiam: As I said, I’m not really sure about the nature of his relationship with Kristen, so I don’t know if he’s devastated/sad or whatever.
I’m just stating the obvious- he’s the same in this interview as in all of his interviews – calm, funny, and in good spirits.

@nepenthes: I got what you are saying. My reply was only to point out what I did point out. The media frenzy created by the scandal is enough to affects him, regardless or whether or not he feels “devastated/sad” (your words) about Kristen. The topic is being brought on every single interview. That’s why him being “calm, funny, and in good spirits” (your words) means something to some people. Have you said what you said without calling other people “idiots” (your words, again), it wouldn’t have sound so abrasive. ;)