Gabby Douglas: 'Oprah's Next Chapter' Sneak Peek!

Gabby Douglas: 'Oprah's Next Chapter' Sneak Peek!

Gabby Douglas poses with Oprah Winfrey and her two gold medals during a taping of Oprah’s Next Chapter on Saturday (August 18) in West Des Moines, Iowa.

The 16-year-old Olympic gold medalist sat down with the talk show queen to chat about her wins at the 2012 Summer Olympics and her life outside of gymnastics.

“Thank you so much @Oprah. Me and my family really enjoyed meeting you! We had so much fun today!!” Gabby tweeted.

“4 inches not a lot of room to flip your body. Hats off again to Gabby and Team USA!” Oprah tweeted after attempting the balance beam!

Make sure to tune into Oprah’s Next Chapter on Sunday, August 26 at 8:30/7:30c on OWN!

Gabby Douglas – “Oprah’s Next Chapter” First Look
gabby douglas oprahs next chapter sneak peek 01
gabby douglas oprahs next chapter sneak peek 02
gabby douglas oprahs next chapter sneak peek 03
gabby douglas oprahs next chapter sneak peek 04

ive always thought she looked just like Oprah

MileyCyrusRocks @ 08/19/2012 at 12:57 am

Gabby is ugly as f***.

@MileyCyrusRocks: no. but your queen miley cyrus is, now that she cut her hair like alfalpha.

i thought oprah was leaving all the interviewing to gayle king? why did she leave TV anyway?

I love Gabby. However, I am starting to really, really dislike Oprah. She retired from a good show and then sadly her OWN channel bombed. I think I know why. When her channel first aired, I watched it. However, I was SOOOOOO sick of all the Oprah commercials. Her ego was so huge in thinking people watching medical show would want to see 2 commercials of her, EACH commercial break. And then when her OWN channel became a disaster, she desperately created “Oprah’s Next Chapter” which should be titled ” ‘Look at me I am still relevant” chapter. I think she should quietly retire and be remembered for breaking barriers of the talk show, not grabbing thin air in trying to stay relevant.

Oprah has to get herself into everyone’s business. Kind of annoying. I am happy for Gabby and think she will go far.

how can Oprah go from interviewing the KUNTdashians to interviewing an awesome person like Gabby.. Oprah truly has sold her sole for ratings

neither of them are ugly @MileyCyrusRocks just wants to be an ignorant child.

MileyCyrusRocks @ 08/19/2012 at 1:37 am

White > Black

OMG, lol at Oprah on the beam. Too funny. Go Gabby!

Good for Gabby! Only thing is why is she all oprahtized here? She should be able to style herself however she wants. She’s beautiful just as she is….but her hair here looks like 60 year old!!!

Can’t wait for the interview…I admire them both for all they’ve accomplished! Bravo ladies!

Gabbie, you rock and keep up the good work. I hope you do not read stuff online because some people can be really mean. I know you are young and how much certain comments can hurt even if you try to be strong. Good luck, and good luck to the rest of the Fab 5! You all rock and I hope too see you all in Rio!

an opinion @ 08/19/2012 at 1:57 am

I remember doing the balance beam in school. I was terrible. I don’t watch Oprah anymore either. But I may have watch and see her and Gabby doing the balance beam.

Anonymous @ 08/19/2012 at 2:13 am

Of course Oprah would only care about having the black gymnast on her show.

chapter 1 was the best

Lori Waddles @ 08/19/2012 at 2:44 am

All I have to say is, that fact that Oprah is interviewing Gabby and keeps interviewing topical persons of interest is her taking us to school on how to maintain her success. We are all aware of her struggles with her network, but she keeps swinging. I am so proud, once again of this woman. She is constantly reminding us that she didnt get to be OPRAH by accident. Shes a bad mother shut yo mouth. That is all…

@Anonymous: She’s having Gabby because she was the all-around female gymnast of the Games and in doing so created a milestone – don’t diminish it. btw, I am white.

BabyXgirl @ 08/19/2012 at 4:13 am

In this pic, they look like mother and daughter O.o

BabyXgirl @ 08/19/2012 at 4:14 am

@MileyCyrusRocks: Wow, racist much? ….. Please educate yourself, dumba$s. We can’t help it if you have horrible taste but please don’t let ignorance drown you

Awesome gymnast, awesome attitude, awesome girl.
Go Gabby! Smile on! You deserve it.

Oh Yeah!!! @ 08/19/2012 at 7:21 am

WOW Oprah, 1st Rihanna, Now Gabby?
Love Gabby will watch the Gabby interview, Not the Rihanna 1, heard that Chris Brown story TOO many times!

MileyCyrusRocks! @ 08/19/2012 at 8:59 am

What happened to that LOSER PuertoRican colored guy John Orozco at the Olympics? Why didn’t he win a medal for his country they never seem to win anything for the country that takes care of them via the government.

Love The Shoes @ 08/19/2012 at 10:28 am

Not even going to dare read what I know will be some serious sick racist _hit. Gabby and Oprah, so proud of you both! As a female, as a black female, as an American and as a fellow human being. You are evidence that desire joined to effort and the refusal to give up no matter what is the sine qua non of achievement. So proud!

“Me and my family”…let’s try “My family and I’. I hope she’s going back to high school.

They look like mother and daughter.

Of course she was, because she is black….

Oh shut up you ignorant trollhags.
Jealousy is a serious disease, get help and stop hating on a beautiful young girl.

How about Gabby is being interviewed because she helped win team gold and won individual gold in all-around. That’s the first in US history, that’s what makes Gabby the standout of the Fab Five. So Oprah can’t interview the black gymnast who made history this summer without criticism because she’s also black? Linsday and some others are morons who don’t see the blatant facts apparently. Congrats Gabby and I can’t wait to see the interview.

I can’t wait to see Gabby on Oprah’s Next Chapter! This will be an interesting episode and interview. I like Oprah’s interviews because she really goes in depth and asks questions that are designed to get certain answers out of people. My Dish coworker suggested I watch this and I’m glad she did. It will be interesting to find out exactly what it’s like to have 4 inches to land on, while doing the balance beam. I’ll be recording this on my Hopper when it airs, as I won’t be home. What I love about this is, I can start watching a recording in my living room and continue watching where I left off in any room in my house. I love the convenience of not missing a minute and being able to get work done while I watch TV.

wow! they actually mean with her STOLEN medals?? It was obvious she didn’t deserve them but she is black so I guess it was politically correct for her to have them.

@ashhey I didn’t realize that every single black person who competed in the Olympics received a medal, because according to your logic (or lack thereof), they must have.

I love you Oprah but I feel that you should have used this interview to focus on Gabrielle’s perseverance and ability to overcome the odds…A character that is colorless..This was an opportunity to build bridges.Instead you focused on trivialities like her hair etc…. Because of your interview a firestorm has been created and people are now trying to discredit her…others feel the need to take sides..This is ridiculous. You , more than anyone understand the nuances of the media…Why would you ask leading questions without ensuring that a full understanding of Gabrielle’s experience at her former Gym would be clearly stated and understood. I respect you and admire all that you have accomplished but I feel you need to fix this …The one thing I noticed during your interview (take a look at it again) was that that glimmer and sparkle that I saw in her other interviews were not there…that was disturbing…..