Leonardo DiCaprio: 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Set

Leonardo DiCaprio: 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Set

Leonardo DiCaprio gets into character on the set of his upcoming film, The Wolf of Wall Street, on Saturday (August 25) in New York City.

The 37-year-old actor looked handsome in a suit as he exited a building while shooting a scene.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Leonardo DiCaprio

The Wolf of Wall Street is about a New York stockbroker who refuses to cooperate in a large security fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street and mob infiltration.

The flick is set to hit theaters next year and also stars Jonah Hill and Matthew McConaughey.

dicaprio wall street guy 01

• Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

he looks about 18!!

Hi Leo, Hi Leos over large and over active peen

Thanks JJ for the new pictures! Leo in a suit with a clean shaven face, YES!!!!

julie small @ 08/25/2012 at 11:26 am

Think that jacket MAY be to big for him

sans beard @ 08/25/2012 at 11:28 am

Yes he looks like an 18 year old in Daddy’s over sized suit…amazing what a shave can do!!!

Wow he looks GREAT…More pics to come I hope, is Wolf going to be a comedy of sorts? Like a dark comedy? I know theres going to be lots of drug and nudity scenes anyway, not that i’m complaining

OMG he looks so great! wanna see Jean Dujardin also :P

I don’t know what it is about this mans hands but they are HOT….so big and manly mmmm

One of my favorite actors. He should finally get an oscar.

Noooo I think he has to wear contacts to tone down the blueness of his eyes….WHY MARTY WHYYY

By far, one of the worst dye jobs I’ve seen. Geez, is this guy unattractive.

Hes wearing a wedding ring in the 3rd pic, UH if only

Leo and Matthew together on the screen????? That’s my kind of movies, for sure.

He looks good, but it’s too bad he had to dye his hair once again.

Who is the actress he is smooching on that picture
Newscom has many, many more pictures from that scene!

Oh goodie, goodie…. Yes, NEWSCOM has great fabulous pictures.
And oh my, Leo looks so happy doing this particular scene:)

He has nothing to do with real Belfort. Disgusting. He cant act. He cant think.

early days @ 08/25/2012 at 12:02 pm

this is in the early days before he becomes “the wolf” hence the outfit/kissing his first wife…he will see him in well fittted designer suits surrounded by ho’s soon enough :D

Finally looking good again ♥

His ‘out of the coffin’ makeup is very inspiring. Wonder why Scorsese doesnt see that he looks really funny.

Why do people think he’s so cool?

@julie small: I think this is set in the ’80s and everyone’s jacket was too big back then lol.

The small pretender @ 08/25/2012 at 12:45 pm

This film will be his next fiasko after Hoover et al.
Such a comedy already.
Probably even a model can look more natural and interesting.

slim shady @ 08/25/2012 at 12:46 pm

I hope the movie isn’t released in 2016

Too much BOTOX on his face.

@Amanda:

I totally agree, it was the 80′s and the suits were too big and so was the hair. lol

The small pretender @ 08/25/2012 at 1:24 pm

Such a look. Intelligence! Real intelligence and character!

JARED – Please ensure to mention Leo’s future wife and MOTHER OF HIS SON ERIN HEATHERTON in every post about him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

er bubley @ 08/25/2012 at 2:29 pm

@@Dieter:

Can you imagine Belfort dating me?Leo can’t feel his character right.

@er bubley:

Love ur modesty, bubley.

Leeeeo <3 My love.

Newscom has added several pages full of new photos. My favorite is still this one where he has his hand on his costar’s waist and his eyes closed while he kisses her.

@Lea Botox? with all those wrinkles? No way

Please Dieter... @ 08/25/2012 at 3:10 pm

… keep Bubley’s name out of this thread, for once.

The Nadine @ 08/25/2012 at 3:20 pm

Can’t imagine dicaprio buying even the FLOWERS for the girls.

@wolf:

Yes it is going to be a dark comedy. I’ve read the script and there are so many memorable scenes especially when he becomes the wolf and starts making millions of dollars.

GOSSIPGal @ 08/25/2012 at 3:35 pm

The psychic was wrong Borrington is still around

@Yes – You mean this one?
i agree it is kink of sexy.

Leo looks amazing in this pics ! so excited to see the movie . Love you Leo !!

he doesn’t look 18, not with that hairline sorry.

@bruna:

yeah,absolutely amazing.lol

is it me or he really looks like his acting career needs a serious rehab?

@Please Dieter…: Don’t you think it is a little offensive to mention Leonardo within mentioning his future wife who back and supports him and gives him the strength for all this acting? It’s always a team who does the job and Erin and Leo are a team !!!! Whether you like it or not !!!!!!!!!

@Dieter:

He looks like a psycho.
btw bubley pr-dating was the worst decision ever.

Handsome as always.
The Great Gatsby, Djando Unchained and now this movie, i’m so excited!!!

@Dieter: You’re hilarious.

Dieter, Dieter, Dieter! You make me laugh so hard every time you post! Erin gives him the strengths that he needs from acting? And they will have a SON? Very entertaining!
And it’s still August ( with regards to the psychic ).
The jacket is ill-fitting but it’s set in the 80′s and I think it was like that back then. It’s weird to see him with darker hair. What bothers me about it is it’s very Hoover-ish. But he is clean shaven which is awesome! Even without the makeup he looks so much younger and more handsome.

*he needs FOR acting?

Are you retarded or what ? Leo’s found his soulmate in Erin’s . eveybody nows !!!!

No, sweetie, not everyone knows that! Apparently only you! lol

@dieter: if leo and erin are solemates and she is going
To be his future wife and there a great team together,
then why didn’t she move in with him instaed
Of wasting 1.7 million on a new condo.

I love to see Gisele and Leo next to each other up there… He even looks happy and relaxed! I just had to say it…

I checked some other pics and Oh my Gosh, his baby face is back again. I thought he got rid of it long ago, but no. I don’t get it. How it is possible?
No dark tan, no mysterious squint, no modern haircut and here we are – chubby, gross man.
Probably, I am a bad fan, but I feel I don’t love him anymore.

he looks like a 50 year old man with a drinking problem.
Pasty and bloated.

MyOpinion @ 08/26/2012 at 1:32 am

His acting is getting really repetitive

Where is the psychic?

No longer find him attractive
He’s not aging well, looks very old for his age

Leo looks so unattractive, he lost all his hotness

I don’t know. I thought he would look so handsome as Jordan Belfort, but alas… My lady biscuits feel nothing. Could I be over my life-long crush on my favorite actor ever?

Jenn Jenn @ 08/26/2012 at 7:11 am

If you look at Jordan Belfort, the first thing that you notice is that he is kind of creepy looking and that he is not that attractive.

As far as the suits are concerned, as a person growing up during the 80′s, everything was big, suits, hair, radios (ghetto blasters) and clothes in general. If you want to know what the look was like, just look at the ads for American Apparel, they seem to have a fixation on the 80′s.

He doesn’t look 18.
He doesn’t even look 37.
Bloated and wrinkled?
47 maybe.
Yeah
Or maybe 50 wih a bad dye job.

Let’s respect his(or anyone else’s) own life and judge no more.

leo looks older than his age.

olethre you are soooooooooo halia

you’re a fn’ ***** !!!

Lookin good!

i can’t believe i used to think he was the most beautiful man. i thought it the beard and hats that made him ugly, but now i see why he wears them. he’s hit a wall ten years too soon. he looks like an old little boy.

@Message:

ikr? what happend to him? he looks like hoover. this sucks. he played an unattractive character in catch me if you can, but he wasn’t ugly. young howard hughes wasn’t good looking, but leo as hh was. he looks like a bloated old babyface with a bad dye job in wolf. it’s killing me.

@leofan:

he went from looking really young for his age to older than his age. what’s going on? wall street. marty. i thought he would look good. i’m so sad right now.

tinkerbell @ 08/26/2012 at 8:58 pm

the suit is accurate/ugly for the time period, the dye job is yucky too, but it is for the character.

othewise leo me likey.

Dieter SHUT and go away about his future ex booty call circa 2012. She bought her own place because she knows she’ll never be living with him.

Where is this shooting downtown or is this in the studios in the Navy Yard where they shoot empire boulevard?

Why I’m not excited about this project? Oh yes… because in his works AS in his choice of girlfriends, he goes for the easy. Martin, biopic… same always. Leo is getting monotonous.

Leo has a boy`s face even now at this age. And I think it started to look weird. With the beard he looks older ( much older ) and kinda creepier + neglected. Without it he still has a boy`s face that`s showing his age ( + smoking, partying ). Maybe that`s why he sticks to the beard? To look older and cover up the boyish face?
Also I think – again – he is in a movie in which he needs to look younger. I think that makes the aging even more visible.
I absolutely agree with `Me`. Another typical Leo project and it just seems like the same project over and over again. Different story and director but at the end Leo does the same thing over and over again. He used to be so much more versatile in his roles when he was younger and I truly miss that. It seems like his main focus is getting the Oscar and not challenging himself ( only to win that award but not for versatility ). I wish he was more like Johnny Depp who is willing to take risk who is willing to get out of his comfort zone ( Jack Sparrow ) and just have fun with the role. Not to win an award. I also see Hoover on these photos.

There was an interview posted on his bz page for Tag Hauer. This question stood out to me.
`You’re nearly 40 – do you still have burning ambition or are you satisfied with what you’ve achieved?
40? Already? I guess the big four-o hasn’t entered my consciousness yet. I believe it’s very important to look back on the choices you’ve made and re-analyze where you want your life to go and the things you want to do as an individual.`
Sorry but to me it seems like even the big three-o hasn`t entered his consciousness yet at least not in his private life.

I think Leo and Depp are on the same level of comfort either looking for awards (Leo) or money (Depp). At this point both are predictable in their choices.

I still see more versatility in Depp’s work than in Leo’s. I don’t have the impression that JD is chasing money but I think he is having fun being an actor. Leo was like that before. The only project I’m interested in right now is Django. That seems different and I hope he will do Devil in the White City.

Dumb question @ 08/26/2012 at 10:49 pm

This may be a stupid question..in fact, it might get moderated? ..but does anyone want to post a link to this b-z site/forum? I don’t even know what it is but when I googled I found it confusing. Still..u guys seem to get a lot of info from there. Just curious

CanadaGirl @ 08/26/2012 at 11:23 pm

Ack… Tragic late 80s, early 90s fashion. The shoulder pads, the bagginess, the tasseled shoes….
Leo is definitely mixing it up with his aesthetic look a lot in his last few movies. Starting with Body of Lies, he began moving away from the blonde hair and adding contacts (as he did this time as well) to alter his look.
Zimbio has good pictures, some really good close ups that show the makeup that was done. It always amazes me what can be done with makeup. They really emphasized the jaw with highlighter and sculpted with bronzer. The effect up close is odd, but in a distance it has a good impact.
Wolf IS a departure for Leo, and he does do variety. He likes dramatic fare… Nothing wrong with that.
1) Belfort LIVES. Welcome to the land of the living LD.
2) Calvin Candie is a supporting role….. When was the last time that Leo did that? Not since Celebrity( you could also argue Don’s Plum too as it’s more of an ensemble piece)… But basically the since the 90s, Leo has been carrying projects.
3) He’s altered his appearance for roles. More so now than earlier, but he changes his physical body frequently. Hello… Gangs…. Danny Archer…
As far as comparing him to Johnny. I like Depp, but he’s doing a lot of cash grabbing. Altering his appearance for Pirates???? Uhh….. Have you seen JD out at a bar lately?…. He’s still in f**cking costume. Jack Sparrow is a hyper extension of his own personal style. I like it…. I do, but to say that JD mixes it up more is a falsehood. Let’s look at the most obvious…. Leo has never done a sequel… Depp is doing what…… Pirates of the Caribbean XVIII: Curse of the Retirement Home Prune Juice. Come on (rolls eyes)

I am also tired from biopics made by Dicaprio. I think sometimes, he pictures people more complicated and unrest than they actually were in real life.

CanadaGirl @ 08/27/2012 at 12:00 am

@Dumb question: Just do a google search Leo Dicaprio + Bellazon. It’ll be the first in the search results.

CanadaGirl @ 08/27/2012 at 12:06 am

I agree with the OP who said that it is nice to see Leo and Gisele in the header together above. It is nice. We haven’t seen them in a post together since the month that X was dumped. Although they aren’t in the same post, it gives a pause because you kind of wonder, what if?
C’est la vie. It wasn’t meant to be. GB is with the person she should be with and she’s got her babies. All she needs now is the farm and the horses, and she’s all set.

@CanadaGirl @ 08/27/2012 at 12:27 am

What if? What if what? Gisele and Leo are long gone. They moved on, they dated other people, she is married, is a mother and looks extremely happy with her life and certainly relieved with the choice she made. While on the other hand, Leo has become an aging modelizer who still parties like he used to in his early twenties, dates post-adolescent VS models and he obviously has no intention of getting serious with any of them .

I’ve seen the Zimbio pics and his look is not working for me. He looks like Leo Dicaprio in a bad suit and dyed hair, not a young hungry Wall Streeter. I think he may be getting too old for these roles. He made a better looking Hoover than Belfort. He’s barely passable as Gatsby even with the elaborate costuming, hair and makeup. His most convincing recent look is Calvin Candie. I didn’t expect it to happen this soon, but it may be time for him to transition from leading man to character actor.

@CanadaGirl:

Dont post these horrible pics anymore.

X-opinion @ 08/27/2012 at 6:32 am

Just saw Belfort interview. Jordan Belfort could play Jordan Belfort.

Stupid comment. Go back to her thread. Oh, right. No one posts there.

@CanadaGirl: Johnny is very talented and he is versatile. He did a big studio franchise movie ( I bet he made a lot of money ) but his other movies are not really blockbusters. He really doesn`t strike me as a money grabbing actor. JMO. You are right about Jack Sparrow. I think that character carried the whole franchise and he was born to play that character. Also what does sequels have to do with this? Leo hasn`t done any but I really don`t see how is that relevant. I really don`t want to argue. The reason why I brought up Johnny is because he does take risks, he does franchise movies just as well as movies like Dark Shadows ( I loved that one ) or Rango. Range! I like to see different sides of him and that`s what I really miss about Leo. It screams how much he wants the Oscar. And he deserves it bur recently it`s all about trying. I think he proved himself as an actor many many times and I`m shocked he didn`t get the award for What`s Eating Gilbert Grape ( most importantly ) or for The Aviator. I`m very excited to see Django because that seems like finally something different and exciting.

Leo is great.I admire him so much

Recast, please. @ 08/27/2012 at 8:45 am

@@94:

Taking No Risk Is The Greatest Risk Of All.

Sure Belfort is amazing actor.

@@94:

Go back to the oral d – models threads, we discuss the Wolf of Wall Street here.

Ladystardust @ 08/27/2012 at 3:41 pm

Love his ” aging bloated” face!

He really doesn’t give a F about is appearance, he has done nothing to save his gorgeous face, and I like that! Reminds me a bit of Brando… He’s not your typical Hollywood actor.

I’m excited about this movie. I enjoy the Marty/Leo duet much more than the Tim/Johnny one.

Marlon Brando shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Leo DiCaprio. Brando was a masculine beauty with penetrating eyes and a a commanding voice. He could act circles around DiCaprio. DiCaprio was a delicate beauty with a pipsqueak voice. He’s gotten jowly, his eyes are overshadowed by his chubby cheeks, and his receding hairline does his large head no favours. He’s a good actor but not great one.