Alexander Skarsgard: 'Hidden' Set with Andrea Riseborough!

Alexander Skarsgard: 'Hidden' Set with Andrea Riseborough!

Alexander Skarsgard looks thin on the set of his upcoming thriller Hidden on Tuesday (August 28) in Vancouver, Canada.

The True Blood actor – who celebrated his 36th birthday over the weekend – was joined on set by his co-stars Andrea Riseborough and Emily Alyn Lind.

During his breaks, Alex picked up a copy of Howard Zinn‘s “A People’s History of the United States.”

Hidden is about a family that takes refuge in a fallout shelter to avoid a dangerous outbreak.

FYI: You may recognize Emily from her role as Young Amanda Clarke on Revenge!

45+ pictures inside of Alexander Skarsgard on the set of Hidden

alexander skarsgard hidden set with andrea riseborough 43
alexander skarsgard hidden set with andrea riseborough 44
alexander skarsgard hidden set with andrea riseborough 45

Photos: FameFlynet Pictures
Posted to: Alexander Skarsgard, Andrea Riseborough, Emily Alyn Lind

Ethan Miller/Getty

Alex working with Andrea again? His film Disconnect with her is at Venice, probably not going to be there if he’s committed to this. Boo.

Not convinced he’s thin, more like he’s dressed in big clothes that are meant to look like they’re hanging off him.

Skinny & beard-y, he’s still hot. I really do want to feed him though.

New pictures ….. Well hello to the sexiest man in the world . Scruffy , but still hot as hell . I wish he could go to but he looks committed to the Hidden film . Gotta love him .

@Debbie: He is super thin, people who have met him in Vancouver have said so. And look at his arms and face.

I hope he gets to go home soon an eat eat eat.

Maybe he will fit it in his schedule for TIFF after all /somehow .That is what i mean on my previous blog…….

Lala Land @ 08/29/2012 at 7:07 pm

Hotness!!!!

I bet he is @ 08/29/2012 at 7:17 pm

Goin to hookup with co star Andrea as well or someone on the set it will be reported soon, it seems to be his trait to lazy to find a women on his own out of the biz .

@lizzie: At least this time he’s actually working with her, since on Disconnect they didn’t.

And Venice was probably never going to happen, what with the shooting schedule. TIFF may still happen, though, if they give him next Friday off to get to that evening’s screening of WMK.

@sinca, he’s lost weight, but some of that in the pics is makeup, especially on the face. And also angles, and clothing.

hot! And I’m kind of into beards so that works for me!

Disney Villainess @ 08/29/2012 at 7:31 pm

……………And he STILL looks good. BOOP

@I bet he is: Regardless if he hooks up with someone in or out of the bizness, it his BIZNESS and he can do that. BLAM

Fact check. @ 08/29/2012 at 7:37 pm

@i bet he is

You need to fact check ? Andrea R is in a relationship with the graffiti artist Joe Appel
So I doubt alex is going to hookup with a taken women ? Do you?
And I doubt Alex is lazy when it comes to women he is a busy man, hardly time to start a serious relationship , also hasn’t it occurred to you that he wants to concentrate on his career then actually looking for that mrs skarsgard just yet ? I guess it didn’t pass your brain?

Just saw a report that he’s been dating a swedish actress named Alicia Vikander. There was the same rumors last year too. But I think they have been just friends for years. This guy always has so much dating speculation surrounding him. Anyone who gets to have the pleasure of doing so is very lucky. He’s gorgeous and appears very sweet as well. He deserves to be happy, whether single or with a good woman, who won’t use him for selfish reasons.

Wow he looks painfully thin. I love him, but he looks like he’s dying.

Alex is an A$$HOLE!! @ 08/29/2012 at 8:13 pm

No matter how he looks he is still a Pigish WH@RE!

@Marlene: He’s playing a man who’s been stuck in a bunker for year, he’s not going to look healthy. :)

@sarah, having not seen the report I suspect it’s some variation from last month in which she did a interview with a Swedish newspaper that mentioned her being the ‘mysterious brunette’ from 2011 ComicCon and she thought that was funny. Somehow that got, perhaps deliberately, got mangled into a relationship.

Samantha Patterson @ 08/29/2012 at 8:16 pm

Reading a book on U. S. history…wonder if he might apply for dual citizenship?

Nice to see pics from set. He does look thin, but the baggy clothes aren’t helping that either. This movie looks like it has an interesting premise.

@Samantha Patterson: I think he’s reading it because he likes reading, and he reads political/history stuff, and Zinn’s probably up his alley in terms of politics.

Samantha Patterson @ 08/29/2012 at 8:26 pm

@ladybug: I looked up a report. A “source” gave a quote to Star magazine, which is of course the height of credibility. ;)

@Samantha Patterson: Her mother denied the rumor the last time it was mentioned. And Star is so factual :)

@Samantha Patterson: Ah, Star! So the ‘source’ is probably a voice in the writer’s head!

He’s so skinny :( I know its just for the role but I hate seeing him look so unhealthy.

I want to cook lots of good food for him and fatten him up! He’s wasting away!

@bonnie: He should go back to Sweden after this and load up on his mom’s pork pancakes. He says he requests them whenever he comes home.

Samantha Patterson @ 08/29/2012 at 9:12 pm

Lilla, will you enlighten us non-Swedes on what pork pancakes are?

I looked like Alicia when I was at my ideal weight. Gives me good incentive to get in shape!

He is naturally a lanky guy so he may look skinny from what we are used to when he beefs up for TB. Still with the baggy clothes and dirt I could see where people want to feed him even if it’s in character for the film. Come to think of it by looking at these pics, if I saw him like this if he had a cup I would drop a couple of bucks in it. LOL.

@hmmmmmmm: from Meatball’s tumblr:

Anonymous: “Is Askars still shooting that movie here in Vancouver? This is really a small place how have I not seen him yet? :(”

He’s gotten super skinny and super beardy. Maybe you have already seen him but you mistook him for an unusually tall homeless person.

I’m glad he’s not afraid to do the not-so-pretty roles.

Reality Check @ 08/29/2012 at 9:37 pm

Hey Alex, you better hope that HBO renews True Blood for 6,7,and 8th season because after that, you will have nothing else. True Blood is all that you have. No one is eager to hire you.

@ladybug- Yeah, I like how he likes to mix it up.

@hmmmmmmm: Hasn’t he said in interviews that vanity is death for an actor? He mixes it up because he likes it, but he’s also aware that he needs to do that to avoid being typecast as the pretty face.

Krey alor @ 08/29/2012 at 9:57 pm

He can not ACT!! There is ZERO chemistry with any of his co-stars. The love scenes are passionless. This guy couldn’t evoke any feeling towards Snookie and Nora. The show sucks!!

@ladybug- yes he has said that in interviews lots and lots of times but I think he just likes to be the contrarian at times. It’s a good thing obviously.

I think he’s talented. I especially enjoyed some of his swedish movies, including Om Sara. He was really good in that. Also Generation Kill.

I’m sure he’ll go back to Sweden for awhile if he can. He hasn’t had much time there this summer.

Yummy as ever, even when a little dirty. Luckily, I’m a nurse, so I’m a pro at sponge baths and would happily help him!!

Samantha Patterson @ 08/29/2012 at 11:28 pm

@Lilla: Yum!!! I’m beginning to think I was Swedish in a former life.

@Samantha Patterson: Haha, who knows, you may have been :)

Samantha Patterson @ 08/29/2012 at 11:47 pm

@Lilla: Well, my ancestors were Norman French.

Slinky the Cat @ 08/30/2012 at 12:37 am

Is there anything he can do to make himself unattractive? I don’t think so. Even like this he is unbelievably beautiful. Now I just want give him a hug and feed him a burger. Or two. Or three. And the fact that he never seems to miss a chance to read? Makes him even more perfect. Love him!

@Samantha Patterson: My grandparents were from sweden and they always made such wonderful, rich and tasty food.

@Samantha Patterson: I too have ancestors who were from Normandy, it’s what I’ve used as an explanation for my love of Scandinavia, that there must be some Viking blood in there somewhere. Of course I think most of them ended up in England with William the Conquerer, but I think there’s some Scandie gene rearing its head.

@Slinky the Cat: it’s hard to hide his hotness

Hi I am Giuseppe Lentini, London based actor. Never heard of me? Well I need a new agent then! Check my reel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns6SJyis8TI

hillarious svenska köttbullar @ 08/30/2012 at 10:01 am

@ladybug:

I love that snarky Askars swedish meatballs lady. I think she’s one of the best Askars source out there and she has actually met him last summer in NY and got some pictures taken with him. You can read the whole story on her tumblr page.

I hope he is dating Vikander..I bet you he marries her….

Did you read what Star magazine reported the other day? That he is getting serious with that swedish actress (Alicia and something)?
I wonder why there are no pics of them all around the web if it’s true….
What do you think? Star is not the most accurate magazine out there.

@hillarious svenska köttbullar: I’ve follow Meatballs for some time,so have read the story. I think it emphasizes something, that for his fans he is very patient and kind.,which is something that gets mentioned by others who’ve met him.

@Bubu, it’s Star. Could they be dating? Sure, but they have one ‘source’, and we know he doesn’t talk about his private life to the press (especially Star) and his friends don’t either. And I don’t think she or her friends would be talking to Star either.

@ladybug: That makes toral sense. Not that i was trusting Star or something. I know he’s very private so i was curious why now this “source” had a sudden interest to spread this rumors ;)

If this allegations are true…Im gonna say it one time only: YAY Finally a Brunette who is healthy and actually TALENTED….If it is TRUE of course…

So this person can get work and he is a tv star and Hayden Christense can not. What a shame that is!

Thought the Alicia rumor was squashed months ago in fact last year at comic con 2011, her mother denied anything to some Swedish paper I cannot remember where I seen it and so did Alicia recently She found if funny being called the other or mystery brunette and they was with 20 other people at comic con.
And no further sightings of them together no tweets in Sweden , L A Vancouver ?

So what’s changed now? Who is the source . Have they been seen together recently.

@Squashed: No sign of them together since Comic Con 2011 but i guess it’s time to spread another false rumor so here we are LOL.
Yeah she (and her mother) denied the rumors but this doen’t mean american magazines won’t give it a shot.

It wouldn’t surprised me if he’s dating AV. I think he should date a Swede but it would upset Lucy Griffiths. I hear they’re dating. Whatever, I hope he’s happy.

@Darlene: Soooo, you’re saying he’s dating both AV and LG? And he’s doing this with what free time?

45+ pictures?only Askars deserve that, really.

Samantha Patterson @ 08/30/2012 at 6:42 pm

@ladybug: Maybe we’re distantly related. Hi cuz!

Another one? @ 08/30/2012 at 7:51 pm

Now Its Alicia so where is the proof thats it’s real and serious? And I bet Alex knows nothing about this new real and serious GF he now has?

Show me pics of them happy and in love and a real couple not staged and I will believe it.

For now I say crap to it all.

Samantha Patterson @ 08/30/2012 at 10:26 pm

So who is the person that doesn’t like me and keeps giving me thumbs down??

@Another one?: He says he never reads stuff about himself online anyways. It’s probably for a best. It must be weird for him to be linked to so many women all the time. And I doubt any of his family or friends would speak to any tabloids either.

EAT SOMETHING

Im just saying!!!! @ 08/31/2012 at 9:18 am

ALEX my my!!!!*clappinghandsandshakingheadsidetosideassignofapproval* I mean like come one!!! the dude doesn’t even try, i mean TRY to be in a relationship and yet the media is hunting for him a woman to be with. You gotta love the fella for his effortlessness of being sooo damn good looking, intelligent , humble and let’s not forget talented. The man has got Game
I mean IMHO, I haven’t seen a celebrity in hollywood that has been linked to so many actresses/singer/model/skydiver/random lady at the party that he carried on his lap; since he wasn’t seeing KB as Alex.
You gotta give it up for our Scandinavian star! While he is filming, minding his own business, reading I dont know what book and having soup (5th pic); he just had his 7th sibling on the same week as his birthday, his CK ad is doing so well that we will be expecting people from the 50 shades of Grey to come and convince him to play the role, Joel Kinnaman pulled similar stunt as he did a few years back by taking Olivia Munn to Sweden (flash back everyone?) and last but not least after “countless” dating partners ; the new (or repeated according to some) of the month is Alicia Vikander.
*lifts hands in the hair and shakes head* Im just saying!