Olivia Palermo Covers 'InStyle UK' October 2012

Olivia Palermo Covers 'InStyle UK' October 2012

Olivia Palermo looks stunning in a Christian Dior dress as she takes the cover of InStyle UK magazine’s October 2012 issue.

Here is what the 26-year-old fashionista and City alum had to share:

On not wanting to be compared to Kim Kardashian: “Whatever she’s done, it’s worked, but I do things differently. I’m in fashion. I’m in New York. I’m in London. And I’m in the rest of Europe. She’s LA… Our careers are very different.”

On always looking her best: “I like walking out of the house feeling fully pulled together. It doesn’t matter if there’s someone standing outside my apartment or not. I couldn’t care less. I like getting dressed for me and not them.”

On her floral-themed photo shoot: “This season you’re definitely seeing floral back in trend. Not only have we seen it on the spring runways but we’re also seeing it in fall which is nice and refreshing.”

For more from Olivia, visit InStyle.com!

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Bellissima @ 08/31/2012 at 11:54 am

CANNOT. STAND. HER.

BlackCloud @ 08/31/2012 at 12:07 pm

LOL i totally forgot she existed !

Wait, why is she getting magazine covers?

She has beautiful face

You’re from a reality show sweetie, just like KK. Don’t be so haughty, you’re not a celebrity. You’re “famous” because you wear fancy clothes that’s all. NEXT

I love her style, though her personality isn’t my favourite. Her face looks weird here though, like they photoshopped her poorly.

i get she’s a socialite and “fashionista” but she definitely does not deserve the cover. they must have been desperate..

Lol, guys she didn’t even diss Kim Kardashian. She’s just saying they have different fashion careers. Kim Kardashian is LA, while Olivia is more New York/overseas.

@Jane: Yeah coz LA is the fashion Mecca. Thats like saying Kim is incharge of tank tops and capris and this girl will take of the rest. LOL. I love it.
Everyone, no matter how irreleivant they are is scraping Kardashian off their shoes.

So what does she do again? I’m serious. Is she a stylist? A designer?

Claire Mélusine @ 08/31/2012 at 1:21 pm

Oh here’s another waste of oxygen

Don’t know her but I love the dress!

she’s a nobody! wtf is she doing on the cover of instyle, she’s not even a model.

Lol so many people hate her … But let’s be honest she HAS NOTHING to do with Kim , she is more talented than Kim …Kim is self centered , selfish and doing stupid reality show
I don’t hate her at all , I kinda like her a lot I think she has a bit of an attitude but she is like the new posh :) , anyway here in france we like her sense of fashion first.

PS :She IS A MODEL , (mango …) I’m sure that you guys don’t know much about fashion

mlllllllllllle @ 08/31/2012 at 3:12 pm

Well I’m in Paris, you know the rest of Europe, and I’m reading american blogs, and I never heard of you honey pie.

SHE is her biggest fan.SHE needs to get over herself.

Lia, are you serious, Olivia is more talented than Kim….how much $$$ as olivia raked in over the past few yrs. I love how people always say kimK and Jessica simpson are idiots and have no talent but they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Guys she is actually a model. obviously not like a fashion model in the sense we commonly know. Just a style model (like solange knowles), and she’s well connected within the industry etc etc so i guess it’s not too weird that she’s on the cover. But she’s right about Kim, Kim isn’t actually within the fashion industry. No similarity between them at all, just that they are socialites.

roddymartindale @ 08/31/2012 at 5:18 pm

@Laurel: She’s Kim Kardashian without the sextape, rapper boyfriend, and crazy family.

An American @ 08/31/2012 at 5:48 pm

Is she famous in Europe? I’ve never heard of her.

frenchcacahuète @ 08/31/2012 at 6:10 pm

Well I’m french too, I know her because of The Hills and recently an advert for something I could’nt remember… but clearly she’s nobody !

Charlotte @ 08/31/2012 at 6:50 pm

I used to watch “The City” and that girl was beyond mean and haughty. I couldn’t stand her. She’s as ugly inside as she is outside. Why is she on a magazine cover anyway?

Yo I'm French too @ 08/31/2012 at 9:04 pm

@frenchcacahuète: La pub de Rochas sur Youtube ;D

Yo I'm French too @ 08/31/2012 at 9:05 pm

A nobody criticizing a nobody lol

Why do u guys hate her so much? I’m from China and a lot of teenagers like her here.

Kanye West @ 09/01/2012 at 11:27 am

Why should anyone care about her?

The City moron with empty brain and one asset only – looking like she does is the only reason she is in fashion, she looks like she belongs there, sad there is no intelligence, she is just a living paper doll doing as she is told, suggesting fashion sense from the minds of smarter people, she is NOTHING, a fashion vicitim victimizing more fashion morons

I love her style, though her personality isn’t my favorite. Her face looks weird here though, like they photoshopped her poorly.