Angelina Jolie: Bekaa Valley Refugee Visit

Angelina Jolie: Bekaa Valley Refugee Visit

Angelina Jolie gets playful with a young child at a refugee camp in the Bekaa Valley on Tuesday (September 11) in Lebanon.

The 37-year-old actress and UN Refugee Chief Antonio Guterres visited the site to promote solidarity with the refugees, where numbers have reached over 250,000, and to thank the Jordanian government for the support of the people.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Angelina Jolie

That same day, Angelina payed a visit to the Zaatari Refugee Camp, which is near the Jordanian border with Syria.

angelina jolie zaatari refuge visit 01
angelina jolie zaatari refuge visit 02
angelina jolie zaatari refuge visit 03
angelina jolie zaatari refuge visit 04

Credit: J Tanner; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 714 » Show All

From Newsweek Oscar Roundtable 2008 for the duh-listed troll

Angelina, you’ve hit upon a strategy of dragging the press with you somewhere important, like Africa. Like, “If they’re going to follow me, I might as well go where I want people to see what’s happening.”

Clooney: She’s been really good about it. [To Jolie] When you guys showed up in Pakistan after the earthquake, at a point when our government, had they taken that moment to step in, could have actually made a huge difference in the area, you and Brad were the only people that were really showing up there. I remember specifically watching and thinking, “That is such a great use of people following you with a camera.” They have done it a bunch of times.
jolie: They [the Pakistani media] didn’t know we were there at first. We turned on the TV when we got back home and there was a picture of us unloading our gear. It said, “Aid workers have arrived.” [Laughter]

Another one for the duh-listed troll this is a write-up George Clooney did on Brad and Angelina for Time’s most influential
“It is one thing to talk about the problems of the world and quite another to actually try to change things.

As a team, actors Brad Pitt, 44, and Angelina Jolie, 32, have served as our goodwill ambassadors worldwide. They brought help to Pakistan in 2005, after a catastrophic earthquake killed tens of thousands of people and left millions homeless. They have tended to the poor and sick in Africa. And they’ve raised global awareness—and contributed $1 million of their own money—for the victims of atrocities in Darfur. Brad co-founded Not on Our Watch, an organization set up to focus global attention on Darfur and other hot spots.

In the U.S., Brad and Angelina didn’t just talk about, or even just throw money at, the tragic fallout from Hurricane Katrina. They actually moved to New Orleans and have set about trying to make right what so many have made wrong. Brad established a project to finance and build 150 new homes in the Ninth Ward.

Angelina has worked tirelessly through the United Nations on behalf of refugees around the world, touring border camps in Africa, Asia and Latin America and lobbying on Capitol Hill. The couple cares for three adopted children, from Cambodia, Ethiopia and Vietnam, in addition to their biological daughter.

There are hundreds of people who could be honored for their good works, but I’ve seen Brad and Angelina firsthand, and their commitment together is truly impressive”

to i laught too @ 09/12/2012 at 12:17 pm

funny starzila is talking about changing names,while everyday she is here with her crap by a different name.by the way you cant find any thing to say about her skeltal figure.omg looking at the sites all the world hates her.glad brad is having fun with sexy diaz.bwahahaha

Angie you are an inspiration to us all

I laugh too @ 09/12/2012 at 12:19 pm

5 extra pounds and clear eyes. Yes ladies and gentlemen Angie is single and looking beautiful.

where ever you go angie the WORLD FOLLOWS

I laugh too @ 09/12/2012 at 12:20 pm

@to i laught too: Blahahaha Sharon I told your silly ass last time to get over me and focus on your precious Pittstain. I couldn’t care less what you do but here you are stalking me AGAIN weirdo.

Middle east is now a mess. Be safe Angie.

A beautiful woman…inside and out. I have no doubt Angie and Brad’s children will grow up to be caring, unselfish and compassionate citizens of the world given their self-less acts around the planet. They are the ultimate role models. Good on them.

‘“I need someone physically stronger than me…. I am always on top. It’s really unfortunate. I am begging for the man that can put me on the bottom. Or the woman. Anybody that can take me down.”

I laugh too @ 09/12/2012 at 12:24 pm

Well, Sharon I gotta bounce but I know for damn sure you will be here stalking me the next time I post here. It doesn’t matter if it’s a week or a month from now, you will be here to stalk my every word. Lmao

to i laught too @ 09/12/2012 at 12:24 pm

waaa,waaa,crying.bwahahaaaaaanothing can change the fact.she is an ugly skeltal fake hated ho..

lolz..how about urinated x not seeing with batman T for a month?thats dunzo!eh moron!and hear this……just engaged!!!

Lucian @ 09/12/2012 at 12:21 pm
Everytime she goes on un mission, I just get nervous. God bless her back to home safely.

I am so sick of her! Why isn’t loyal to her own country? There are American families with children who are struggling to put food on their tables and are homeless, but she doesn’t speak out on behalf of them.

@anustin & dont forget Ticky is still RINGLESS

@Mimi: How can anyone disagree with helping one’s own people??? You people on this site are all ******* e d!

thank you nick of BRANGELINAFORUM!!! miz ur azz ******* HAHA.

I see the Hor Goddess broke out her poverty shawl. You know it’s serious when she breaks out the poverty shawl. At least it covers her tramp stamps.
“What is this tattoo Miss Angie?”
“Oh that’s dedicated to Billie Bob’s big shlong. It was a monster! Ok look at the camera.”
“And this one? ”
“Oh I got that when I was doing a particularly nasty speedball. Smile for the camera you filthy bum!”

She should be helping Americans!

Ang would fit right into Van gogh’s painting ” The Potato Eaters”

Angelina is an angel for caring the refugees. But what happened to American diplomat makes me worry about her safety. I hope UN increases the security.

Bohomoth…..Ugh. I’d heard a few weeks ago that Angelina Jolie had been banging on about going to Syria. The source was saying how screwed up the kids are and then added in a text: ‘She’s talking about going to Syria. She’s crazy’.

Quite.

She’s also talking about adopting again from there, but Brad’s not keen on yet another kid. No doubt she’ll charge over and do it as a single mother when he’s busy filming and pretty much force his hand, as she did when they had this situation with Pax.

Anyway, lets have a laugh at the photos.

Ange, upon wrapping up Maleficent at Pinewoood studios in London, popped her bony **** on a private jet, along with a make-up artist and photographer, plus their assistant so the lighting would be just so and went to Syria.

They then checked into a five-star hotel in Jordan and nipped along to the Zaatari refuge camp for a quick half-hour photo op along with UN Refugee Chief Antonio Guterres to “demonstrate their solidarity with Syrian refugees and pay tribute to the Jordanian government and people for their strong commitment to refugee protection.”

Solidarity? How does that work when your fiancé owns a property portfolio that is nudging $100 million and yet you barely spend time in said luxury houses because you mostly trek from rented home to rented home across the globe? Ah. I get it. Angie thinks she’s like rilly a refugee too and totally understands their plight because she doesn’t have a permanent home in one country either.

Got it.

Careful Angie, this expression is veering from ‘compassionate’ towards ‘what the f-ck are you saying to me?’. It was a real fail pretending to that married man in the UN you sh&gged to get the gig all those years ago that you speak several languages fluently.

She’s heading back to Chateau Miraval in the South of France to join Brad who’s been there for a couple of weeks ‘architecting’ (in the same way Vicky Beckham designs).

I’ll talk about what they’re planning later.

@Phool: Hi Phool, how are you my dear. I just came back from the dentist and saw all those red thumb down and I knew instinctly someone put up photos of Angie looking beautiful and helping others. Those two things always drives the troll cray cray. I also observed it’s about three trolls spamming the board by the frequency of the comments, posting like a mad person, changing name and posting one post after another without a break. It must be so depressing for the trolls watching Angie doing good around the world and being protected by all those men with guns and walkitalki who follows her every step of the way because she is someone who is doing important work. And then the trolls looks at the Dirtbag and see a narcissist passive aggressive b-lister trying to pretend she is relevant in the world. Trolls, go to the ocean and scream your head off. Get home safe Angie your family and fans are praying for you.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 714 » Show All