Zachary Quinto Covers 'Out' October 2012

Zachary Quinto Covers 'Out' October 2012

Zachary Quinto stares off into the distance on the cover of Out magazine’s October 2012 issue, celebrating the brand’s 20th Anniversary.

Here’s what the 35-year-old actor had to share with the mag:

On the status of his current relationship with beau Jonathan Groff: “I’m incredibly happy, I’m incredibly lucky.”

On being open about his sexuality:
“One of the most defining conversations that I had with myself was that absolutely no good can come from me staying quiet about [my sexuality]. Literally, no good can come from it. But if I take the step to make the acknowledgment and be honest, so much good could potentially come from it.”

On relationships: “I found myself in a pattern of being attracted to people who were somehow unavailable, and what I realized was that I was protecting myself because I equate the idea of connection and love with trauma and death. I had to do a lot of work on the couch to really get to a place where I was able to show up to a relationship with someone who was actually capable of being in one— and that took a lot of trial and error. And I’m still working on all that stuff—that will never stop. But I definitely want kids…I want to share.”

For more from Zachary, visit Out.com. Bigger cover picture inside…

zachary quinto covers out magazine 01

Credit: Michael Muller/Out Magazine
Posted to: Magazine, Zachary Quinto

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Ms.PissyPants @ 09/12/2012 at 1:16 pm

We know he is gay, good for him now stop advertising it!

Faithful Republican @ 09/12/2012 at 1:20 pm

Homosexuality is a sin and people should be penalized for it. He’s living in sin, it’s quite disgusting! So many beautiful women in the world, he’s going to settle for a man?

Faithful Republican – your comment is exactly why we need to re-elect Obama in November. The Bible is a story, based on stories you find in Greek mythology. Get real – it’s fiction.

Oh, I would wreck him. I mean totally destroy him. I would do everything to him.

as Annie explained I’m amazed that a single mom can make $5613 in one month on the internet. did you see this site link (Click on menu Home more information) http://goo.gl/VrztC

To Ms.PissyPants and Faithful Republican

How is one advertising their homosexuality? Please tell us because it would be so interesting to hear your non intelligent answers on such an important issue. Very Ironic how you say ‘good for him’

I wonder which flaming century you are from Faithful Republican, because it sounds to me your views are very clearly outdated and also not republican too, lol. Why in the world would he want to choose a beautiful woman when he is in a happy relationship with his male partner?

It’s fantastic he is happy with himself, pity the people above are too ignorant to see that.

bubbaness @ 09/12/2012 at 1:50 pm

Beautiful, inside and out. Nobody should have to live anything but the most honest version of themselves.

No matter what you are, gay straight or bi. one thing i know it.
Zachary is a good actor.

Gay Vaginahaal @ 09/12/2012 at 2:08 pm

I’m gay.

thats really not the distance he’s staring into. more like the foreground. just sayin

I want him so bad.

beautiful article and wonderful man!

About his relationship with Jonathan Groff “I’m incredibly happy, I’m incredibly lucky.” That’s all? Why no specifics Zach? After all this time! After all those gorgeous pics! I’m so incredibly disappointed :(

Interesting article. All of just six words for Groff. After a million photo ops with “gleeful” moments, “passionate” moments and sharing t-shirts, ZQ “draws the line between what’s private and what’s public”?? yeah, says a lot about that weird “relationship” doesn’t it?!
He has much to say about Christian organizations and their vitriol and hatred but nothing to say about the homophobia that exists in HW and the damage bearding actors do to the gay community and young gay teenagers. Why not, Zachary Quinto?

rura penthe @ 09/13/2012 at 6:31 am

Another friggin’ private actor with a totally public private life. sheesh!
Does he and Pine share the same damn publicist?

@Niki: All they did was go out in public together, no hand-holding, embracing, kissing, etcetera. Plus they have not discussed their sex lives, romantic interests, etcetera, so I would say they are relatively private.

when did he start dating Jonathan Groff? Last I heard he was dating Colton Haynes from Teen Wolf….but that was before he came out..I guess Colton was not ready to come out too.

Started dating Jonathan Groff about 2 years ago. Total trade down if he was dating CH.

@Blake:

Really? I think you need to go back a few pages, June, I think. LOL

@Cass:

It is a big trade down.

Not public or private but “relatively public”? whoa!
Dude you need to pay attention. seen some of those articles in the “Daily Mail”?
Any kind of private they ain’t. And what Quinto can cough up after many comments here that he won’t acknowledge Groff is just lame. What’s sticking in Quinto’s craw? a piece of pineapple??!
His silence on homophobia in Hollywood is deafening.

“relatively private” sorry!

@Niki:

What can he do? No one is really out in HW if they want to keep working, and judging by the sound of this article, I think Quinto walked in through the out door.

@Mortimer:

If he doesn’t want to say anything about HW because he wants to keep working, then his comments become rather self serving. I agree with all he says about extreme christian organisztions but if he honestly wants to make a difference, then he can’t just ignore HW. It’s where he works. A place he knows well.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All