Mariah Carey & Nicki Minaj: 'American Idol' Judges Photo Call!

Mariah Carey & Nicki Minaj: 'American Idol' Judges Photo Call!

Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj strike poses at the American Idol judges photo call held at Jazz at Lincoln Center on Sunday (September 16) in New York City.

The two new American Idol judges were joined by other newbie Keith Urban, and veteran judge Randy Jackson.

It was just announced today that Nicki and Keith would be joining Mariah and Randy on the panel!

“New York auditions today & tomorrow! See ya there barbz!!!!!!!!! #AmericanIdol :p” Nicki tweeted. We can’t wait to see what Nicki, Mariah, Keith, and Randy have in store for us this season!

FYI: Mariah is wearing an Azzedine Alaia trench, a The Row dress, and Miu Miu shoes.

mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 01
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 02
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 03
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 04
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 05
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 06
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 07
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 08
mariah carey nicki minaj american idol photo call 09

Nicki Minaj is a complete joke to the music industry.

designer girl @ 09/16/2012 at 6:11 pm

@Huh:
I agree.I have no interest in watching American Idol anymore.I am surprised that Keith Urban lowered himself to this level.

designer girl @ 09/16/2012 at 6:11 pm

@Huh:

Mariah Carey, the diva with 18 #1 singles!

LEGENDARY!

I seriously wish they got rid of Randy, hes basically useless
and with him gone would bring a new flavor to the show. maybe more would watch

While they are not my “dream team”, I can live with Randy, Mimi and Keith on the panel. Nicki Minaj, though, is impossible to swallow.

They have Keith Urban they have Mariah Carey… but they decides to keep Randy and to hire Nicki Minaj??? what a joke… they have two legends with two useless people… ¬¬ I’m gonna watch this just for Keith Urban

IT'S THE CIRCUS! @ 09/16/2012 at 6:34 pm

****The Greatest Show on Earth****

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey have nothing on American Idol!!!

Keith was a coach on The Voice AU and he was the best on there. I can’t wait to see how he does on American Idol.

Too many judges. The show works better with four. They don’t need Minaj.

@designer girl:

for the cash maybe..

poor Randy Jackson… he will …..bored :)

Nicole Kidman must be embarrassed. What was her hubby thinking?

@Alaia: @<a

Well if you are a Kidman fan you must have missed the recent interview she gave to some radio program. She said she told him to follow his gut feeling on this and if it was right, it was right. She loves him and wants him to be happy. Unlike you.

Seems too much like The Voice, with the genre specific judges.

This is never going to make it. Minaj is a raging lunatic and none of her critiques will ever make sense. #fail

Mariah and Keith were enough, both are very talented…but they added Nicki?!?!?!? Noooooooooo, whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!? What kind of singing talent does she have to be a judge on a singing competition??? :/

IM WATCHING X FACTOR ;)

wohooooooooooooooooo best news everrrrrrrr nicki minaj is one og judges yeahhhhhhhh cash money young money #barbz!!!

Well this is certainly an interesting twist to the American Idol judge roster. I was just talking about this with my officemate at Dish, and we don’t get how they will have four judges. What happens when two of them vote yes and two vote no?! Can anyone explain that? I have not been keeping up with American Idol, so maybe I’ve missed out on a new rule or something. I’ve had a depleting interest in the show for a while now, but hopefully these judges will start to spice things up again. I’m definitely curious to see how Nicki does, so I’m sure I will end up recording episodes. If it does turn out to be a disaster, it’s really no skin off my back, since the recordings will barely make a dent on the large memory space of my Hopper DVR. I bet Nicki will be more entertaining than Jennifer Lopez though! LOL!

American Idol have hit Rock Botton.Now I could understand MC and Keith.BUt Nicki minaj

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 3:58 am

Mariah/Nicki I am behind with my rent, can you help? Just joking

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 3:58 am

Mariah/Nicki I am behind with my rent, can you help? Just joking

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 4:00 am

American Idol, The Voice or Xfactor?

I agree with most of you on here!! what in the world is this joke doing on here with all of these legendys!! and randy is just a waste of space.

After seeing the news today about Nicki Minaj and Steve I am done. American Idol is supposed to be about the people not about the judges.
from reading her post to steve i thought to myself… She is an idiot and i’m not interested. now she may think i am only one so i dont count but it’s amazing how fast 1 can become 1000 and how fast a 1000 can become a million.