Nicki Minaj & Keith Urban: 'American Idol' Judges!

Nicki Minaj & Keith Urban: 'American Idol' Judges!

Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban are officially joining the judges panel on American Idol!

“It’s official! Your Season 12 #IdolJudges are @MariahCarey @YO_RANDYJACKSON @NickiMinaj & @KeithUrban. Meet the judges” the American Idol Twitter account tweeted this morning.

Nicki’s an unbelievably captivating international phenomenon who has made an indelible mark on rap and pop. And Keith is another great addition to Idol – he’s one of the biggest stars in country music and I know that our fans and contestants will fall in love with him,” Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment for Fox, said in a statement about the new additions.

“With an unparalleled star like Mariah [Carey], fan-favorite Randy, chart-toppers like Nicki and Keith and our incomparable host Ryan [Seacrest], we’ve put together one of the most exciting judging panels around,” Mike concluded.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban on American Idol???

Photos: Getty
Posted to: American Idol, Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj

Getty

notyourfriend @ 09/16/2012 at 10:42 am

Yeessss cant wait to see the dramaz mimi, nicki and keith( hope he brings nicole sometimes) will bring

RU Excited to see NM&KU on @ 09/16/2012 at 10:48 am

somali girl @ 09/16/2012 at 10:49 am

This tranny has gone mad with the skin bleaching, and I just stand this greesy midget. AI sucks.

Love The Shoes @ 09/16/2012 at 10:50 am

Keith, I get, Nicki? Insulting. I haven’t watched this show since the guy with the faux hawk and this does nothing to make me wanna check back in. my GAWD! nicki minaj judging someone else’s talents?!!!!! HOW INSULTING!

Poor Keith! Nicki and Mariah will not get along. No way! Two huge divas. The poor contestants, too! They will get lost because no one will pay attention to them.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to turn into three ringed circus, complete with the clowns?

somali girl @ 09/16/2012 at 10:51 am

* can’t stand

Like someone else stated Keith and Mariah I can completely get but nicki is a straight up no. She doesn’t sing (or sing well at all to judge someone) so why get her. I promise this show and many of the other shows lost the meaning behind it a long time ago. This show isn’t supposed to be about the judges but to find great musical talent.
They should’ve brought Aretha in (yes she’s a diva) to judge talent since she a icon and legend who has influenced damn near every singer for that past 3-4 decades and who better to get tips and critiques from than one of the best female singers of all time (to many she’s the best).
Some of these shows don’t know how to bring in good judges for nothing. The only one that seems to have gotten it is The Voice.

Carbon Copy @ 09/16/2012 at 11:27 am

I can see Mimi and Keith but talentless Nucki…. Please!

WOW–KEITH URBAN !!!! I am going to start watching American Idol again.

You know your fans and contestants will fall in love with Keith? Obviously you don’t know how popular country music is in the US. Most of the C&W fans are already in love with Keith! And many of the rest of us too! Whoo hooo–Go Keith!

SampsonHerbert @ 09/16/2012 at 11:40 am

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, http://Fox46.com

Oh, I love Keith, I feel sorry for him. I actually think on her own Mariah will be OK. I think Nicki Minaj was a mistake, and they are keeping Randy Jackson around to referee. It’s going to be a mess.

A lot of people do not know how talented Keith Urban is. Keith has it all !!!!! If they watch this show they will find out. Keith will end up being the real star. Good Luck to Keith.

Randy, Nicki and Mariah are all going to fall in love with Keith Urban, he is such a nice talented person. Keiths concerts are the best and I have been to a lot of concerrts.

Hope they can still beat The Voice and X-F. I don’t know how much contacts judges will have with contentents, but Keith in Australian The Voice was very nurturing to them. A man of a few words, unlike Seal and Joel Madden. We’ll see how they work together soon, but with usual AI format, we have to put up with tons of crap.

Keith’s da bomb!

Don’t do it Keith! Big step down.

Keith Urban is one of the most talented, intellectual entertainers in the music industry. People are going to be for a real surprise. I am not a fan of country music, but I never miss a Keith Urban concert and buy every album. His songs tell beautiful stories. I bet a bit disgusted when people refer to Keith as a midget and greasy. He is average height and very handsome and squeaky clean. His wife happens to be 5’11′ tall and wears four inch heels. That is a secure man that is comfortable with a tall woman. There is a picture out with the cast of AI and Keith is one of the tall people in the photo. America is in for a real adventure and TREAT to be able to watch Keith on AI. I have never watched AI before, but because Urban will be on the panel, I will be watching.l

LMFAO Minaj ? that plastic auto tuned barbie?? World is really going to ****

LMFAO Minaj ? that plastic auto tuned barbie?? World is really going to ****

Omg what….. No. How do you even put someone like talent-less Nicki Minaj next to Mariah Carey? Mariah would tear her alive.

JeanetteTK (@jett456) @ 09/16/2012 at 1:08 pm

So happy to be able to see the most talented singer, songwriter, guitar God on TV every week. @KEITHURBAN.

Diana Duran @ 09/16/2012 at 1:12 pm

I have never watched a single episode of American Idol but because of the wildly talented @KeithUrban,not to mention his killer good looks and throw in that accent….I will be glued to every show…love it!

LOVE Keith Urban. but hate all NO TALENT shows. PLEASE Keith don’t do it. one more thing HEY Simon U.S. X Factor SUCKS and you put NO TALENT Nicole on U.K. X Factor now that SUCKS too.

Stupid move choosing Nicki Minaj! What does she know about talent?! ..no thank you, I’ll be watching xfactor or the voice. :)

EndofTime @ 09/16/2012 at 1:50 pm

nicki minaj?? really???

I’m gonna watch this show just for Keith… but Nicki Minaj??? That’s horrible

This is all a marketing scheme. Mariah brings in the general fans. Nicki brings in the minority crowd. Kieth brings the redneck fans. Very well played American Idol. This is very well calculated but will it work? We will see.

Love, love, love Keith Urban! He is so talented in every area…singer…musician…songwriter. And he is vastly talented about every genre of music. He may not be paid as much as these divas, but he will be the best judge of all!!

I am so excited that I will get to see Keith twice a week, every week on AI!! I was not going to watch Season 12 but now that Keith has joined the judges panel I will be tuning in!!

I used to love the show…but not watching anymore. Minaj? what a joke! why didn´t they get as a judge a succesful,talented ex contestant? like Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson,Adam Lambert…? they could understand better the contestants because they´ve been in their position.

KEITH URBAN—SAY NO MORE, he is such a kind talented person.

Getting Keith Urban was the best thing thats happened to the show…ever. SO excited to see him on my TV every week! Woohoo!!

I agree this is an exciting judge panel! I think it was a great idea to have a rap star and a country star, who are currently very popular, as the judges. They will definitely be able to provide a lot of diverse and relevant feedback to the contestants. American Idol always provides for a lot of conversation with my Dish coworkers. Luckily my Hopper will record it automatically with the Prime Time Anytime feature. I love that I don’t have to set up any timers for my favorite prime time shows that come on major networks.

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 3:38 am

American idol, The Voice or XFactor?