Nicki Minaj & Keith Urban: First Official Photo of New 'American Idol' Judges!

Nicki Minaj & Keith Urban: First Official Photo of New 'American Idol' Judges!

Ryan Seacrest stands between American Idol‘s newest judges Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban in this just released pic of the show’s judging panel.

The trio was joined by returning judge Randy Jackson and fellow newbie Mariah Carey.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Nicki Minaj

“After some musical chairs, here’s how the new #IdolJudges will be seated,” Ryan tweeted along with the photo.

Earlier today, Keith expressed his excitement for AI‘s upcoming season via Twitter: “SO excited to be joining the team on @AmericanIdol!!!!!! -KU #idoljudge.”

Bigger picture inside…

seacrest ai pic

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

eww Nicki Minaj… what’s wrong with idol people? so happy about Keith … I think Keith will kill it and everyone will love him even more

No. At least shes not sitting next to Mariah. Sorry Keith.

lol, Idol is NEVER gonna happen. At least not like before

nicki minaj????????????? she doesn’t know sh*t about music!!!!!!!!! i guess the world really is coming to an end.

No No Minaj! @ 09/16/2012 at 9:46 pm

Yuk! Minaj is butt ugly and sing like crap! I love Keith but oh heck no, that Minaj dresses like a clown trashed. Ratings are going down.

1urbanfan27 @ 09/16/2012 at 9:58 pm

Mirror…Mirror…On the wall…Who’s the fairest judge of all? Keith Urban…In more ways than one… :)

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 09/16/2012 at 10:15 pm

So ridiculous. Getting a rapper to judge a singing competition.. ahahahahahaha `Fail.

Over it... @ 09/16/2012 at 10:20 pm

I remember the days I use to watch this show. I was so excited when this show was more authentic and original, now it’s become a place for celebs to get their big come backs, instead for fresh new talent. Time to call this show quit people. I don’t know what they’re waiting on, even the ratings have taken a nose dive to the bottom.

What a joke nicki can’t even sing. Idol has become a joke.

I love idol and now even more with Keith urban. I hope the other judges don’t ruin it.

I love Keith’s addition and understand the selection of Mariah. But Nicki is an awful choice. She is too cartoonish. Between Mariah the diva and Nicki the joke, it will be too much. One diva per judges’ panel.

Hey this is good news. I will be glad to tune in to Idol to see Keith Urban mentor some new talent.

Hope it works out for him . Should be good if done well. Guess we will know soon what direction the show will take.

THIS IS GOING TO FLOP.
SOMETIMES U NEED TO END SOMETHING BEFORE THE OBVIOUS.

THIS IS GOING TO FLOP.
SOMETIMES U NEED TO END SOMETHING BEFORE THE OBVIOUS.

How can someone who has no talent judge talent?

yayy nicki <3

Don’t people realize that singing shows are rapidly tanking in viewership? Worse is idol. They pump contestants too much even when they are undeserving because they are competing with talent from other shows. They will also heavily favor an asian or latino singer this year because nobody wants to see a white or black win again. Mark my words.

Poor Keith, he has to put up with her for hours

fact check..... @ 09/17/2012 at 4:43 am

@POLO: considering they hired jennifer lopez last two seasons who cant hold a verse on her own and x factor has hired britney spears and demi lovato who happen to be terrible singers dont be suprised that nicki got hired these singing competitions are hiring judges that dont have the best voices atleast mariah can actually sing

KEITH URBAN–I am going to start watching again with Keith aboard. Just love this kind, talented young man. I’ve been following Keiths career for years, you don’t get any better than Keith.

Keith Urban will be great. Keith was on the TV show The Voice in Australia last year and it ended up being number one in all time ratings. My guess would be because of Keith.

@fact check…..: maybe you’re right about Britney… but I think Demi has a beautiful voice… she’s really talented!!!

American Idol is still the highest rated singing competition show so i don’t get all the attacks. Xfactor debuted to half the rating that Idol gets. and The Voice ratings are down a few million. Fans still prefer Idol over the others. The Voice is all about the judges. What happened to the winners? They just disappear. At least Idol winners and runners up have careers.

Keith Urban will be a huge asset for American Idol. I’ll be watching for sure now that Keith will be on show.

I for one am looking forward to this season. I watched Keith Urban on the Voice in Australia and I think people will be pleasantly surprised at how knowledgeable he is about all genres of music. He is going to be a great addition and I hope people will give the show a chance. There seems to be some good changes in store. I will be watching!

Idol is so fortunate to have Keith Urban as a judge. He is a walking encyclopedia regarding all genres of music. He is highly intelligent, totally talented, very articulate, very handsome, and a fabulous entertainer. America is in for a very pleasant surprise in watching Keith Urban.

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 3:37 am

American idol, The Voice or XFactor?

How can anyone judge before they’ve given the show a chance. As so many have said above, Keith Urban was a miracle worker in Australia. He seems to really enjoy helping out entertainers and doesn’t get caught up with ego while doing it. Sitting Keith between Mariah and Niki will be very interesting. It isn’t as if he hasn’t had some experience with a diva. It’ll be very interesting.