Katie Holmes & Suri: Tribeca Twosome!

Katie Holmes & Suri: Tribeca Twosome!

Katie Holmes holds hands with her daughter Suri as they leave a hotel in the Tribeca area of New York City on Monday (September 17).

The 33-year-old actress tried to sooth Suri, who appeared upset about the attention they were receiving.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

The day before, Katie and Suri walked hand-in-hand around the Big Apple. At one point during their stroll, Katie looked shocked by something Suri did!

10+ pictures inside of Katie Holmes and Suri exiting a hotel in Tribeca…

katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 01
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 02
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 03
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 04
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 05
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 06
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 07
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 08
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 09
katie holmes suri leave tribeca hotel 10

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All

Why would any of us be jealous of her? She has the cult ready to take her down. She has no talent and continues to embarrass herself trying to convince us she does. The only reason she gets most of her opportunities is a) she is/was Mrs. Tom Cruise. You can bet yoru patooty that she’d be off the radar by now if she hadn’t married Tom. She is a small (TV) screen actress that keeps trying to be a big screen star. Ain’t gonna work Katie-you lack the talent and the charisma.

As for her parenting skills? She, unlike other A-listers, has been unable to teach Suri the skills to be comfortable walking from A to B with the paps in attendance. And she DOES have a nanny – part-time at the moment I bet. There was a set of pics with the woman in the background (where all stars relegate their nannies and help–in the background). She has body guards and there are pics of them carrying Suri’s multitude of stuff-stuffed animals, blankets and the like.

And most people aren’t Hollywood stars and many mothers have to work in this economy to make ends meet. Unlike Katie we can’t take our children to work. It has nothing to do with our clothes or jobs being a priority. It has to do with our employer frowning on bringing a child into the work place. Katie is able to bring her child wherever she goes because no one will tell her it is inappropriate to bring a child to the theater from 7-Midnight and Katie evidently sees nothing wrong with it either. Children Suri’s age need a solid 10 or so hours a night of sleep. Unless this kid sleeps till 10 or Noon she is not getting the sleep she needs. Katie takes her to adult restaurants and the theater’s evening shows constantly. A treat now and then–okay, but most parents would feel a constant diet of late night dinners and movies/shows/activities is not good parenting.

And I don’t think anyone doubts that Katie or Tom cares and loves this child. But caring and loving a child doesn’t mean they are doing what is good for her. Her fear of the paps at age 6 is ridiculous. Her wanting to be carried constantly at age 6 is ridiculous. Her need to drag out a menagerie of stuffed animals is not, compared to other kids, age appropriate. Her need to have a blankie with her at all times is again, compared to other kids her age, a less mature behavior. Last summer she was still on a bottle with a pacifier. Five and a half years old is a way too old for pacifier and a bottle. She wasn’t potty trained until 4ish. So I would say this child appears to be less mature than most kids her age in spite of her parents allowing her to stay up late, taking her to adult shows and taking her to adult-oriented restaurants.

So if you think Katie is a fantastic, loving, caring mother–good for you. I’m sure Katie is going to take note of your opinion and reward you for it.

to @ sassy

i agree with almost everything you’ve posted. except for one thing; i think that Suri is more than afraid of the Paps. i think this little girls hates them as well.

@@sassy: if your not jealous of her then how do you know so much about her? Hmmm…

Sofia Grant Ridley @ 09/18/2012 at 11:07 pm

#76
Very, very well said. I commend you on all points, all truths. You spoke with eloquence, all the while not offending anyone.
Katie Holmes is not fit to mother this child.
Let’s not forget the old saying:
Every picture tells a story, don’t it?

It always amazes me to read about or see photos of actors’ children who are now adults and I never saw photos or stories about them from babies until they were adults attending college or starting their own careers. I respect those parents. They protected their children, as most parents do, and try their best to give their kids space to grow up in an environment to be themselves instead of trying to be someone everyone else thinks you should be. Those who respect and protect their family’s privacy no matter what your own career is, earn my respect. Katie is always shamelessly smiling for her photo op, and Suri is 90%+ of the time, hiding her face, staring, crying, pouting, or looking down right traumatized as she is dragged in public on a daily basis. It is extremely well documented. A photo says a thousand words. What judge in her/his right mind wouldn’t be open to reconsider the primary residential custody issue under these circumstances? Suri, hang in there. Some day, you will have a choice.

Kindness Matters @ 09/19/2012 at 1:42 am

ON A SCHOOL NIGHT I WENT TO DINNER WITH MY MOTHER!! Didn’t you?? geeezzz people nothing she does is right…
HOW. WOULD. YOU. FEEL?

@DB:

Trust me, Mr. Cruise loves staging photo ops with the Papz with his daughter. It is like jumping from the frying pan and into the fire.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 9:02 am

@ DB. Yes I agree it looks dreadful. BBBUT! For all you know she is demanding that she goes out so she can cop an attitude. Have you not ever raised a diabolical 6 y/o???? Parenting 101: ignore temper tantrums. This little girl grew up with the paparazzi. And now it’s a major ordeal. Just a thought.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 9:03 am

@ DB. Yes I agree it looks dreadful. BBBUT! For all you know she is demanding that she goes out so she can cop an attitude. Have you not ever raised a diabolical 6 y/o???? Parenting 101: ignore temper tantrums. This little girl grew up with the paparazzi. And now it’s a major ordeal???? Just a thought.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 9:17 am

How about more of mom sitting on a bench while Suri plays with other children (and please not those freakin play dates). You know; swings and teeter totters. ….like the picture I saw of her swinging on the tire with 2 other girls. And please! Loose the cardigan sweater tied around her neck. It had “dork” written all over it. It was the first innocent smile I’ve seen of Suri in years.

Then we will be able to see Katie for who she really is. Will she allow herself to associate with “the underlings”. Or is she truly the narcissistic, calculating. $@?/$ that many are suggesting….

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 9:46 am

Hey! Why does DB get her comments posted more than anyone else. What makes YOU so special? Do you know Katie?

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 10:18 am

Ok! We’ve got 2 possibilies here: Either Suri is having another temper tantrum that is being ignored. (parenting 101)
Or
Katie IS a narcissistic, calculating ?$&#%+ or clinical termed Munchousens by proxy). ….if the latter, SOMEONE should step in.
Either way; only Katie knows

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 10:25 am

Katie needs to change it up and just take her to the park and let her play And sit on the bench with the other moms. Not only is this insane (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result), …it’s sick. Even if she is having a “temper tantrum”. Who’s running the show here!!!

Sincerely concerned @ 09/19/2012 at 9:56 pm

Jeez! I hope someone steps in for Suri. Not right to be parading her in front of the papz. With everything she has been through in the past 2 months. At first I though Suri needs to stop her temper tantrums but NOW I am beginning to think that Katie needs to step it up a bit as a mother. It’s not about you Katie. It’s about Suri right now!

Sincerely concerned @ 09/20/2012 at 8:34 am

Thornton: get real! Katie is putting herself out there. So sad too bad. When the split happened I BELIEVE everyone thought “she grew a brain”. Then took a big sigh of relief. But then to parade her child around. –I tried to cheer her on and felt so sorry. BBBUT, the child is obviously distressed. Why would a mother PUT her child in that situation(rhetorical ?). At $40 thou in child support. Shame on her. And Thornton you’re on here so “the we need a life” theory includes you.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/20/2012 at 9:40 am

My advice???? Lie low. ….More LOW. Be a mom, hone your acting skills. …BIG TIME!!!! And you can emerge from this a more grounded person. Right now! I need more convincing that your dtr. Needs all of this publicity. If you’re using her, you will pay.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/20/2012 at 10:12 am

Again DB!! How are you raking in all these thumbs up points now? No fair! What makes you so special? I swear you must know Katie. And NO!! I’m not a competitive person who needs an outlet like my husband tells me.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/21/2012 at 8:52 am

@val: Not a catholic school but Avenues school. -no religious denomination. –supposedly worldly. If I see Suri crying because of the paps one more time. Please someone tell Katie to hide from the Paps. If anything: make a game out of it with Suri. Get creative. You know? Headphones, sunglasses, baseball hat. Hey! I’m from Ohio and frequently go to Manhatten. ….to catch a show. The best memories my kids, in their 20′s now, remember is when I was being silly with them. You know? A caper. Out foxing the foxes. Hey! No harm. No fowl. Better than the dowdy Katie that we’ve been seeing. Not good for us women. I mean strike a blow for us women than peter out before the real race begins. Come on.

@sassy: Take a Zanax!!!!

Sincerely concerned @ 09/21/2012 at 4:23 pm

@DB: It will be somebody like you that gets swooned by Tom’s “charm” and “it wasn’t me”. He’ll be just fine. You can’t feel sorry for every stupid idiot that walks the planet!!!

Sincerely concerned @ 09/21/2012 at 7:54 pm

suri, Isabella and Connor are collaterally damage.n we will have to wait and see which one survive the trauma. You know? What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Sincerely concerned @ 09/21/2012 at 7:57 pm

God I hope someone steps in. Not right!!!!!

Katherine @ 09/22/2012 at 1:55 am

Why on earth would you people blame Katie Holmes for a bunch of paparazzi taking her daughter’s picture? Even celebrities need to lead a normal life and going outside after the sun goes down (whether on a school night or weekend) IS what normal people and their children do, and often.

Frankly, if it wasn’t for crazy kook Tom Cruise no one would care to take Suri’s picture. Frankly, if it wasn’t for stupid laws, paparazzi wouldn’t be *allowed* to take a minor’s pictures. Frankly, if it wasn’t for morons looking at the pictures of Suri, there would be no demand for pictures of Suri.

These comments are fascinating. Does the world stop when it’s dark outside in other areas? If myself and my children hid in the house because the sun went to sleep, we’d never get anything done! Especially in the winter when it gets dark at 4pm! I feel bad for Katie. She gets such a bad rap when it’s Tom Cruise and Scientology that have really messed up the dynamics of the parent/child relationship between them all. Such a shame.

It’s too bad Katie doesn’t have a publicist like Tom or paparazzi in her pocket to only show photos of Suri with her when she’s smiling. Tsk, tsk

Sincerely concerned @ 09/22/2012 at 2:15 pm

@Jocelyn: Seriously me too!!!! Like Brittany Spears. Hope she is getting good counseling. I’d hate for Suri to end up with Tom. Sorry people but I’m all about children needing their mom so I am really rooting for her. How about another AnneHatheway?? I thought she was really good in The Batman Rises and she’s had her share of taken by the Svengali. Just hide the legs. …….I get it Tribeca area. …Baggy Jeans.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All